Friday, May 11, 2007

Examinations Are Here Again! X

Whoohoo! Finally, the last part of this series of blog entries is finally over! In other words, so are my examinations! Over! Whoohooo!

I tremble in fear whenever I think of recieving my results back. :S

Gotta say, this morning is messed up, lol. Or rather, I messed it up.

They told me that I should go to school at 7.40am for the NE Quiz, yet we were supposed to assemble earlier for the flag-raising. Heck, I marched in at 7.40am and am still able to think of how bad the weather is.

Went to school at 7.35am, half an hour late, lol. We were supposed to go to Renaissance Lab, but for some reason, when I walked past the computer lab, I had a peek inside and somehow I thought those inside were not my classmates, lol. Eyesight problem.

Luckily there was an unused computer beside Luke. Turns out the so-called "NE Quiz" is just a computer game. -.- Generally speaking, it is a game where you answered questions to earn Credits and then spend them on building stuff in a fictional Singapore. The questions are obviously all related to NE (National Education), and the buildings you can build are stuff that already exist or used to exist in Singapore, like Changi Airport, Kallang Airport, Singapore Zoological Gardens, Fullerton Hotel, etc.

I doubt anyone would need them, but I'm gonna offer some tips on the game anyway. :P

1. There is a time limit. Watch it you don't spend too much time doing unnecessary stuff.
2. They divided the Singapore in the game (the one which you build) into regions, and as far as I know, you can only build one building in each region, despite the fact that you are given choices to build more than one kind of building in each region of land. Choose wisely which one you want to build.
3. Again, don't waste too much time. As the game proceeds, the 'era' of Singapore changes, according to periods of Singapore history. As far as I know, the more 'advanced' the era, the most the buildings cost. Hurry to build your buildings before a change in era to save Credits for building more stuff.
4. Build as much as you can to earn more points.
5. Don't waste too much time on a question you have no freaking idea what it is talking about, there is always a chance of guessing it correct. Time is more important. If the question has three answers, your chance of getting correct is 33.33%. If the question asks you to choose three correct answers out of five, the number of combinations is 5C3 = 10, and your chance of getting correct is 10%. Etc, etc.
6. Each player is given a limited number of questions, though better try all questions than only try a few and run out of time.

Yup, that's it. Got a score of 635 000, lol. At first I thought it wasn't impressive, but then when I called the teacher here to record down the score, she was like "Oh my god! Highest in class!" Rofl, anyhow play also can get 635 000. I serious how nia? Rank, master builder. Mwahaha. Everyone was like coming to my computer and going all "Wah, 635 000, so pro leh!"

Ephraim had to start all over again because he closed the certificate before the teacher could record down the score, lol. He sad lah. Just rushed through all the questions and not bothering to spend his Credits to build stuff, so he got like 180 000+ Credits before he answered everything and the game ended. His score is exactly the same as his Credits, lol. Turns out your score increases the more you build, lol. His rank: Junior Builder. What junior? Let's call him noob builder! XD Seriously, Singapore let him build sure die.

Yoshida, for some weird reason, was absent, lol. Ephraim borrowed Vernon's handphone to call him, but he turned off his handphone, lol... Stupid guy. I was playing around with my umbrella when I lost control of it and almost tripped trying to recover it. Ephraim shouted "Owned!". Owned indeed, lol. XD

Class jerseys for thirty bucks? Wow, I was expecting a way cheaper price, but meh, who cares about it? At least it'll stop my jealous thoughts whenever I see someone wearing his or her class T-shirt. XD My class is cool anyway.