Monday, May 14, 2007

A School-less Monday

School-less Monday today due to Marking Day seems to be quite interesting.

Actually wanted to go outside for breakfast, since firstly, I have no school today, thus does not need to eat breakfast extremely early, and secondly, my father does not work on Mondays morning, so enjoyed a good night's rest, but no, no, no, my mother insists on making breakfast herself. Then what happen? Toast almost got burnt, and out of two half-boiled eggs, one is too raw, the other is too boiled. *rolls eyes* Received complains by me and dad, and still she complains that we complain too much. Next school-less Monday, I am insisting that we have breakfast at home. Insisting is the keyword here, all right.

Had dinner outside, in the coffeeshop of Block... *checks street directory* 802 in Tampines.

On the way there, in the car, I found a rare vehicle registration plate that starts with E, lol, so I got curious. Then I wondered how many possible combinations of private vehicles with registration plates starting with S can exist, lol. According to the rules and regulations stated in this Wikipedia article...

1 x 18 x 26 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 19 = 88 920 000 ≈ 8.9 x 10 ^ 7

Whoo, nice!

Next, we saw a van that read 'sole distributor'. Being bad in English, my father still carries on to read it. He read it as 'sohdoo deepeepeeter'. XD

Went there, but the stall selling oyster omelette is closed. Wah, sian liao. Too long never eat it starting to miss it liao. XD Then ordered 15 sticks of satay, take damn long then come. Wah, sian lor.

Nearing end of our dinner, the coffeeshop people suddenly shouted, "Car park! Car park!" Took me a while to figure out what is going on while adults (mostly male), including my dad, started to rush out of their seats halfway during dinner and towards their cars. Turned out there are some parking attendant(s) (thanks a lot to Jonathan for telling me the correct phrase XD) coming. Lol, it's really in unique situations like this (can't say it's all good, lol XD) that show how truly united Singaporeans are. XD

Since my father had already finished dinner, and all I had to do is to drink a little bit left of my coca-cola and maybe bite one or two ice cubes for fun, my father went to the car and waited for me to finish. After five minutes, I went, looking around the carpark when I crossed the road, not to watch out for incoming cars, but actually to find the parking attendant(s). Couldn't find anyone, so I asked my father. He pointed at a direction, yet it took me a while to find him. Turns out it's a male bangla. XD No wonder cannot see, at night they got camouflage. Government damn clever, hire bangla to give out fines during the night, those people cars never put coupons sure kena, but heng nia, the coffeeshop people got ultrasonic eyes. XD

Here's an interesting quote from Dave during one of our MSN conversations: XD

"Courtesy are for monks and nuns."
-Dave

And oh, Sakura's nick on MSN, "Wishing upon the stars.." reminds me of Jirachi, so now, I am calling her by the nickname 'Jirachi'. XD Kawaii nickname, ne? XD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.