Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Receiving More Exam Papers

Yay, Blogger is back to normal (as far as I can tell, at least). Now let's hope I won't have to save my blog posts in a Notepad again, lest Blogger make it disappear. It's troublesome. :(

Due to it raining yersterday, the grooming check was postponed to this morning. Kind of a time wasting thing, but whatever, we'll have it as long as they (the school management and adminstration) like it. *rolls eyes* Then after that, the whole class went directly straight to the Physics lab while Ephraim, Vernon, Yoshida, Faizal and I (ironically also the ones who designed the unique set-up for marble rolling, lol) proceed back to class as usual, putting our bags there and just taking whatever necessary for Physics to the lab.

Vernon and I only took our pencil boxes, while Yoshida and Ephraim additionally brought their Chinese Cloze Passage Worksheets from yersterday to do, lol. Vernon and I headed first, while Yoshida and Ephraim lagged behind us. When we arrived there though, 10 minutes after when the class is supposed to start, the scene was like 'what the fuck?'.

The entire freaking class (maybe except for Yoshida, Ephraim and Faizal) were all sitting outside the Physics lab. Some were chatting, some were playing handphones, some were listening to music, and others don't know doing what shit. So, anyway, Vernon and I joined in, with me sitting beside Wei Sheng while Vernon sat across us in the corridor. Yoshida and Ephraim cut through the crowd and went all the way to the back of the lab. Didn't know why or what they do there, didn't pay much attention to them. XD

So I took out my handphone and watched a few videos, while the class continued doing whatever they are doing. A while later, Faizal came, threw his Physics textbook, file and pencil box beside Vernon, where our pencil boxes are, and left. A while later, Samuel finally decided to call the Physics teacher... Ta-dah! Turns out he took a MC (medical certificate). -.- Make us wait down there for sky to drop.

While walking back to class, a teacher we have no idea who joined us and walked in the same direction... ...all the way to our classroom! Wow, turns out that she is the relief teacher. XD Are all relief teachers as late as, if not later, then the entire class? o.O So, anyway, with 34 minutes left of this period, we were asked to do Ten-Years-Series Topic 4, and everyone was like, "*blink* *blink* Anyone got bring TYS? *blink*". XD No one, out of 42 people, brought a TYS! XD

Assuming that someone either brings a TYS or does not bring a TYS, and thus there is a probability of 50% of someone bringing a TYS, and 50% of someone not bring a TYS, calculate the probability of the whole class of 42 students not bringing TYSs.

Simple. 0.5 to the power of 42. I tell you the answer.
0.0000000000227373675443232059478759765625%

I think our whole class go buy 4D sure can get lottery one. Chance of striking top prize in 4D only 0.01% leh.

So, Yoshida went to sleep, while Vernon and Ephraim were doing their Chinese Cloze Passage worksheets. I borrowed a book from Larry named 'Developing the Leaders Around You' by John C. Maxwell. I got a choice of two books to borrow from Larry, and when I decided one, he was like "You sure? Final answer?" XD I like one of the paragraph inside, about teamwork or something, lol. Says that in a competition to determine which horse can pull the most load, the champion pulled 4500 pounds, and the runner-up did 4400 pounds. Their combined load is nearly 9000 pounds, but when combined together, they can actually pull up to 12000 pounds of load! Now that's what teamwork is all about! XD I got quite sleepy with 10 minutes left until the end of the lesson though, thus returned the book to Larry and went to sleep. XD

Next was P.E. (Physical Education). I can't be freaking bothered to run 2.4km just to pass my NAPFA, so I was playing free games, lol. At first went with Wei Sheng, Yuhaimi, Alvin, Faizal, Jovian and Cheng Liang to play soccer, but the field is so freaking muddy, and we were only playing penalty shootouts, so bored me quite a bit, lol. Then they left for some unknown reason and I instead decided to join Larry, Yoshida, Ephraim and Vernon at badminton.

Man, I love playing against Ephraim. Whack the shuttlecock at Ephraim's direction and make it as high as possible. Shorty can't hit it back. XD Larry still insist in needing tactics in badminton. What tactics nia? He think he playing Dynasty Tactics is it? XD See the shuttlecock come whack it as hard as possible can already, still need tactics. Accuracy and power is more important, not forgetting teamwork.

After that was Physics SPA. With one of the two teachers absent, the other allowed us to do whatever we wanted, lol. Yoshida was rushing ahead in E. Maths, learning about the next chapter of probability before the teacher even teach it (that's where I got the idea of calculating the probability of the entire class not bringing their Physics TYSs just now XD). Wei Sheng and I were playing Cellblock lol, with Yoshida joining in once in a while. Then halfway Wei Sheng got bored, so I was calculating the probability of leveling up in Deadly Dice in Neopets, lol. Turns out the chance of winning and leveling up is 41.67%, the chance of losing and de-leveling is 41.67%, and the chance of drawing and doubling the odds is 16.67%, lol! XD

Was recess next. Again, we went to the library.

English was next. I was like, "I'm gonna fail! I'm gonna fail! Rargh!" Then to express my 'frustration' at going to fail English (actually I was bored, to tell the truth :P), I took Yoshida's water bottle to spurt water out of his water bottle onto the floor, then tossing eraser shavings into the pool of water, and finally covering the shavings with more water from his water bottle. XD The English teacher came, and asked Yoshida, "What happened here?" Lol. Yoshida pointed at me, saying briefly, "Ask him.", while I used the 'act innocent' technique and went "Huh? What thing?" XD So the teacher ignored it and carried on the lesson lol.

We then got back the Comprehension and Summary parts of our English exam. I got 34.5/50, and I'm already quite happy, since I didn't fail like I thought I would, lol, although to get one more mark would be delightful, as it'd bring me up to the A band. XD Nmaa, one mustn't 得寸进尺. XD Then again, the other sections, like Oral and Composition, still have to be counted in, lol, so it's still to early for conclusions. Comparing to others, Vernon got 34 (Mwahaha, pwned by half a mark! Here's my revenge for Geography!! :P), Ephraim got 33 (pwned by 1 mark by Vernon :P), Wei Sheng got 32.5, Yoshida got 28 and Larry got 27.5 (lol, got pwned by half a mark by Yoshida :P). Kinda makes me better that I score higher than my neighbours, lol. Nooooo, I'm not delighting myself at the expense of others' misfortune or something like that! DX

Next was E. Maths, so we got the E. Maths papers back, but before that, we were given a word search puzzle related to some non-smoking campaign. I joked to Yoshida and Larry, asking if they have any cigarettes and that hearing about it makes me feel like smoking, even though I don't smoke. XD

Anyway, we got back both our E. Maths Paper I and Paper II. The total mark was a bit complicated to calculate, because, due to a weird and unknown reason, the total mark of Paper II was 97. o.O Anyway, we got a neat formula to calculate total mark, lol, and if your score for Paper I is x, and your score for Paper II is y, then your total mark = x / 80 x 50 + y / 97 x 50, lol. With 74/80 in Paper I and 88/97 in Paper II, I got a high 91.6 for E. Maths, lol. Comparing to others. :P Yoshida has 91.1 (he lost to me by one mark in Paper I, and got the same mark as me in Paper II, lol. Originally he had one more mark than me in Paper II, but alas for him, it was deducted due to him not putting units XD), Vernon has 87.2 (that's fifty more bucks for bub), Ephraim got 78.7 (somehow he was reluctant to let us know his score o.O), Wei Sheng got 78.4 and Larry got 77.8, lol. Kinda happy to see that (1). Again, I got the best score out of my neighbours :D, and (2). my neighbours and I all scored A1! Yippee! XD

Was still going through the E. Maths correction when A. Maths period started. Used up half of it just to go through correction, but we got released half an hour early, because there was nothing else for the teacher to do. XD After stating that she's going to start probability (good for Yoshida), she dismissed us, and Yoshida, Ephraim, Vernon and I left for the canteen for some lunch. Boy, am I starving!

Chinese EPP, we all received some good compositions on reflection after reading a certain article. The article was something like that teenagers nowadays are weaker psychologically, lol. Something in the composition was like "Teenagers nowadays
要风得风,要雨得雨
". Teacher stressed on that particular part, but Alvin not happy leh, so teacher retorted, "You want Sun get sun, want Moon get moon!" Alvin was something like (can't exactly remember), "I want 嫦娥!" And then, upon hearing that, the entire class laughed, but I was picturing 嫦娥 already in my mind and remarking how beautiful she is... XD XD XD Okay, there's actually more than that, but I'm sorta too embarrassed to blog about it. XD Let's call that something I'd rather 'bring to my grave' or something like that. :P

When we were walking out of the school, Vernon remarks that for Alvin to get 嫦娥 is 癞蛤蟆想吃天鹅肉, which means something like "Deluding himself foolish without considering one's own condition. Refers to ugly men wanting to get lovely wives." or something like that. o.O

Kinda cruel to use it on Alvin though. 癞蛤蟆? Nah. 肥蛤蟆? Perfect. :P

No comments: