Tuesday, September 11, 2007

And we get more of our Preliminary Results back!

Today is September 11, six years after the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City. May the victims rest in peace.

The ending of One Piece episode 323 is so nice, lol. I'm pretty touched by it, hehheh. Gonna watch it again when there are subs... (I watched it in raw, while reading the manga so I understand what they are roughly talking about)

For morning assembly, the school's administrative "body" decided that it is rather stupid to have students assemble at the temporary hall, because of the loooooooooong path one must take from the front gate to get there, and the same looooooooooong path one must take to go back to the classroom for lessons. Instead, short, sweet and simple, we assembled in the classroom. Great choice. Simple for us, simple for them. Though it does feel weird to listen to the National Anthem through the PA system, lol.

First period was Chemistry, zzzzzz. I was going to the lab, looking forward to getting a single digit for my Chemistry Paper (hey, you know how badly I screw it up). I'm surprised, lol, I managed to get 48 out of 120. That's weird, though most of them are just luck, lol. Wei Sheng got 21, haha, both of us who gave up on Chemistry and spent (or should I say "wasted"?) no time studying for the useless subject. Yoshida got 73 initially, owned by Ephraim who got 75, but Yoshida spotted a huge mistake, and ta-dah, he ends up getting 85, owning Ephraim back. XD Larry is even better, he gets twice my score, with a 96, and Vernon? He's the pro, of course he got more, he got 100. XD And one hour was wasted to listen to her go through the paper (wait, I didn't even bother listening o.O). -.-

Second period was History, when we got back our History papers. Wow, I managed to get 32 out of 50, yay. But both Yoshida and Ephraim got 33, owning me by one mark. -.- *punches Yoshida and steps on Ephraim* And some more Vernon got 36. That's MY number... T_T Lol... The teacher only went through the source-based questions with us, and the rest of the time is spent chatting with Vernon, Yoshida and Ephraim, lol.

Third period was Physics. For some reason, our Physics teacher didn't come, so an old male teacher came and substitute for him. We were given a Physics practice paper with forty MCQs (Multiple-Choice Questions). Yoshida and I did it together, discussing what we think and finally getting an answer (so both of our papers have the same answers). Wei Sheng was also with us, but he was doing it alone (because the girls swallowed his seat up). XD After finishing, we again went to Vernon and Ephraim's tables and spent time chatting, lol, nothing much to do. The teacher let us go for recess fifteen minutes earlier, yay.

I was feeling hungry, so I persuaded Vernon to go to the canteen with me. We took the loooooooong path to the canteen and I went to buy a burger and two "rolls of chicken wrapped in edible seaweed" (I'll attach a picture, I don't know what is its name, lol), while Vernon bought a burger too. We went to find a bench and sat down to eat.



After eating, we decided to go to the library, where we believed Yoshida and Ephraim are, but along the way, I found that the door to the males' toilet is unlocked and opened, so we went in to have a look, lol. The walls surrounding the cubicles are short, so anyone could just jump up (obviously other than Ephraim. He can't take a peek even if he jumped two thousand times his height) to have a peek and all privacy would disappear. There aren't any partitions too. More privacy, if it is even possible at all, is disappearing. -_-

We went the looooooooong path back to the classroom block, but as usual, the filthy bangla gets in the way, barking at anyone who approaches. Yoshida told me that the bangla would allow entrance if you tell him that you are going to the library, so I went and gave it a shot (as Sean would always say when we play basketball, "As long as someone has the ball, he or she must try to shoot. It is only with trying to shoot that a score can be made. If you don't shoot, then there is no way you would score."), but no go. Damn. I saw the temporary container built on the road for some reason, and I conveyed to Vernon of a plan to sneak to the library, while the two guards aren't watching, we sneak to behind the container, go to the other end and run like hell towards the Science block. But Vernon did not dare to do it, lol.

Trapped in an area you don't want to be in. Reminds me of jail man. Hey, isn't it natural instinct to get the hell out and escape every time you end up in jail? Here's some examples from games (hey, I'm a game designer-wannabe! You don't expect me to quote real-life examples, do you? :P). In Final Fantasy VIII, Squall's party is thrown into D-District Prison for attempting to assassinate Sorceress Edea. They still managed to escape with Irvine's (though reluctant) help. In Final Fantasy X, Tidus' party is thrown in Via Purifico for invading Bevelle attempting to rescue Yuna, whom the Yevonites kidnapped into marrying Seymour. They still managed to escape. In Final Fantasy XII, Vaan's party is thrown into Nalbina Dungeons for trepassing into the Dalmasca Castle. They still managed to escape. Furthermore, in all three examples, an escape route is already there, waiting for you to take it? Why not just do it?

My attempts at persuading Vernon to sneak to the library remains futile. Sure, you may think that I'm a coward to stay with him, and that I have no courage nor bravery to make it to the library by myself, but to me, loyalty is much more important than courage, and I'd rather stay with a friend then venture out alone. :P Yuhaimi came later, joining us, and Faizal much later, so the four of us waited out there, lol. There were also others waiting along with us. There were a group of PE wearing students, wanting to go into their classrooms. When one of their teachers came, I overheard their conversation and understood that they wanted to return to their classrooms, where their school uniforms are, and change into them, and furthermore, to make matters worse, they left their wallets in class when they went to PE, and thus they had no money with them and thus could not buy anything to eat during recess. One of them was smart enough to bring his wallet, so he was showing it off, joking, "Hey, I got bring wallet. I treat everyone to recess! Nah, I not that rich." Lol. There was another pair of guys, they saw me telling Yuhaimi of the escape route I planned and decided to give it a try, lol, but they got caught by the bangla. Even though it failed, I can't help but admire them for their courage in daring to venture out into the unknowns, lol. So I decided to help them, prompting them to go for it when I notice that the two guards aren't looking, but they got cold feet after getting caught, lol.

Finally, recess ends, and we went back to class. Ephraim and Yoshida are there, in the classroom with the lights turned off. Turns out they were in class all along, lol. Next period was Geography, when I was expecting the teacher to go through the rivers worksheet she gave out yesterday, but yay, the Geography papers had been finished marking, and thus she gave them out. She gave out Geography Paper 2 first. I got 55 out of 100. -_- Disappointing, I know, but I was shocked when I saw Yoshida's. 35?! Since when is he that bad in Geography? O.O He then told me that he apparently gave up on Geography, lol, like how Wei Sheng and I gave up on Chemistry. Strange I didn't know that. o.O And to make us worse, Ephraim got 69 *steps on Particle E angrily*, and Vernon got a high 76.5... -.-

And later, we got our Geography Paper 1 back. I managed to score 32 out of 40, not bad... Ephraim got the same thing as me (we score the same thing way too often -.-), while Yoshida got 29, not bad too. Vernon got 34, H4X! :O The teacher then wrote the answers for Paper 1 on the board, which I did not bother copying, since I probably don't even have enough time to finish reading my Geography textbooks in preparation for Geography 'O' level, forget about going through preliminary papers. -_- Yoshida bothered though, though I wonder why, didn't he say that he gave up on Geography? o.O Yoshida, Vernon and Ephraim were laughing at how after the teacher wrote the answers on the board, she is ticking them, as if marking the answers, lol, but I knew better, she was just checking to make sure she didn't copy any answer wrongly. -__- I went to take a photo of the Zangetsu and Tensa Zangetsu I drew during the Geography Paper 1 exam. :P



For some lame reason, the Geography teacher decided to compile all of the answers of students who score the best within our class and photocopy them for everyone. Why bother when we have the model answer sheet? -_- So she asks for people who score 22 and above (out of 25) for the first question. Vernon scored 23, but feeling shy or for some other weird reason (who knows the bub?), he did not tell the teacher, but rather remain quiet. I saw his 23 (I koped Ephraim's chair and thus was sitting beside him) and raised my hand to point at him, but he kept grabbing my hand and pulling it down, and I kept on pointing at him, and he kept on pulling it down, lmao. Though the stupid teacher, aiya, blur cock, didn't even notice anything. Then later, she asks for people who score 20 and above for the third question. Vernon got 21 but was once again shy. Yoshida and I were chatting about why he is so shy when the teacher overheard us (took her freaking long enough, man, especially when Vernon and I are just sitting in the second row, and Yoshida in front -.-). So she realized Vernon's got a 21 for third question. Owned, bub. :P I don't know why he'd choose to hide it, lol. If I got 21, I'd not hesitate to show it off, lmao. But of course, that IS if I can get 21. XD Then the teacher threatened to deduct the marks off anyone who is so selfish he does not want to admit that he got good marks for any of his or her particular question, and Vernon immediately told the teacher of him getting 23 for his first question. Rofl. XD And from then on, the teacher made an effort to ask Vernon for his marks in every question after that, lmao. Owned, bubby-bub. :P

Geography is finally over, phew. Next is Chinese. Again, the teacher didn't come, and another relief teacher came instead. He asked us to "self-study" (and in other words, "do whatever the fuck you want, as long as you don't get so loud you disturb me doing whatever the fuck I want" :P), lol. Yoshida and I, again, went to Vernon and Ephraim's tables to sit there and chat, but Larry (who sits in front of Ephraim. Gosh, Larry, you're blocking Particle E's view! No wonder he can't see anything during lessons! ) was sitting at his place, so I asked him, "Can you sit at my place?", but apparently, he for some stupid reason heard it as, "Can I sit at your place?", and replied, "But I'm sitting here!" O.o I then repeated my question, and he went off, instead sitting at Angeline's place, in front of Yoshida's, lol. -.-

But within a short time, we found that we have nothing to chat about, lol, since we had chatted a lot already throughout the day (*cough* History *cough* Physics *cough* Geography *cough*), we didn't know what to chat of any more, rofl, so I asked Vernon if he brought any cards. He did, as expected, and took it out, but before I gave the cards out, he decided that it would be foolhardy to play in front of the teacher, lol, so we went to Yoshida and my tables to play, which was at the back of the classroom and the furthest away from the teacher's table. XD The three of us played Big Two [Larry was too engrossed reading his Physics textbook (for God's sake, Larry, you are good enough in Physics already! ), while Ephraim went off to chat with Sean and Alvin (or that's what I believe, but since he's so small that he's visible to the naked eye, who knows where he is or what he is doing?)].

After a few games, I got bored and we played Fishing, lol. Yoshida didn't want to play, so Vernon and I played. I won him by six points, lol, then we had a three-player game with Yoshida. Yoshida wasn't treating the game seriously and was lazy, lol, so he hardly touched the cards in his hands, leaving them as a pile on his table face-down, and during his turn, just plays the top card in his pile, no matter what that card is, rofl. Both Vernon and I thrashed him good. :P Next game, Yoshida started playing seriously, lol, and I lost. T_T After that, we went on to play Blackjack, lol. Interesting to note that Vernon is the first today to attempt a "Five Dragon" combo, lol. He places four cards face-up on the table, takes one more card from the pile, and BUST! Rofl. He went for another attempt, placing four cards face-up on the table, taking one more card from the pile, and again, BUST! XD The third time, he got four cards, but he was afraid of going bust and did not dare to take another card and attempt a "Five Dragon", lmao. (Note that if a player does an unsuccessful "Five Dragon", or in other words, get five cards in his hand above the value of 21, he or she pays twice his bet. In other words, OWNED.)

I found it funny, lol, and remembered that there was an idiom regarding this. Thought of it for a while but couldn't remember of it. Vernon got the answer, "Once bitten, twice shy.", lol. Some time through the game, Yoshida got two Aces in his starting hand, lol. Man, that's lucky. There is only a slim probability of... *calculates* 1/221, lol. That's 0.452%. Too low! No wonder you get three times the bet for doing that, lol. I thought of a while before I remember its name, "Ban-Ban". And a blackjack is called a "Ban-Luck". So hard to remember, lol. Why not just call it "Bankai"? XD And when Yoshida realized he had the chance, he told Vernon, "I'll show you how to do Five Dragon!" He puts down his cards on the table face-up, a four and a two, and draws, getting an Ace (o.o), and again, another Ace (O.O), and finally, gets a five, successful Five Dragon. Vernon and I were awed by his confidence in it, rofl. Furthermore, his cards add up to 13, lol, his favorite number. O.O

An hour soon passes, and Chinese is over, and with that, A. Maths came. The teacher came with our A. Maths papers. Finally!! The paper to which I am most looking forward to. :D Before she gave out our papers, the teacher said that the class had done badly for Paper 1, and that the top score was 64 out of 80, but she didn't say who got 64. -_- Yoshida was expecting himself to get lousy marks, lol, so when the teacher said that seven people failed, he did not hesitate to tell me that he believes himself to be one of the seven, as usual, lol. Being pessimist, and also going with the flow for fun, I told Yoshida that I would be one of the seven too, lol, although I admit, sure, I was hoping that I'd be the one to get 64, lol. I mean, who wouldn't? But I rather think that I'll fail, being the pessimist I am, so as to not disappoint myself when I get my result back, lol. But Yoshida seems to think that I'll get 64...

So my name is called, I went up, took my paper, had a quick look at the score, and walked back to my seat, with my eyes popped wide open and my mouth wide open too. This couldn't be my paper, man. This couldn't... On the paper was a score in red, 64/80! O.O I was feeling great, feeling happy, feeling proud, yet feeling disbelief and feeling doubt. (Ron: "One person can't feel all that at once, they'd explode." Hermione: "Ron, just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all do.") Half-laughing, I asked Yoshida to double-check for me, but he replied, "Do you want me to slap you instead?" XD, so I went to Hiok Joo and Angeline and asked them to double-check for me, lol. Hiok Joo found no mistakes... Did I really get 64? I really couldn't believe it then, lol.

Yoshida got 53, at least he didn't fail, lol, while Vernon got 46, at least he managed to pass. ^_^" Then, we got our A Maths Paper 2 back, and wow, out of 80, I got a 65. Cool. :D Yoshida got a 66, lol (seeing that I beat him in Paper 1, I wouldn't bother this time round :P), while Vernon managed to scrape a pass with 40, lol. Though, sad for Yoshida, it means that he just needs one more mark to get a A1. Since I'm free anyway (while most people are looking for their own careless mistakes here and there in which they can squeeze whatever marks they can), I helped Yoshida in squeezing his paper to get one more mark, lol. Then we went up to the teacher, and two-on-one, it can't be helped, she got overwhelmed and decided to give Yoshida one more mark for his A Maths Paper 2, lol, effectively giving him an A1. Whoohooo.

History EPP was canceled, but the English teacher asked us to stay back if we spotted any mistakes in the marking of the English Paper 2 and wanted to get more marks. Neither Vernon nor Yoshida saw any, so they went off, leaving me alone, lol (Ephraim too, but since he's so small, he's often insignificant...). I was reading the school magazine I found at the shelves at the back of the classroom, lol, and Wei Sheng came to sit at my table whenever he felt bored. Finally, my name was called (the teacher calls names by index number), I got my one mark (yay, 23.5 out of 50, I still failed *rolls eyes), and I left. I caught up with Ephraim, and we went off together. I asked him how many marks he had now, but he refused to say anything, lol, so we exited the school together in silence, saying only bye after crossing the road, where we separated.

I realized while walking home that I was wearing my school uniform in a weird way, lol. I rolled my right sleeve up (while waiting to get one more mark for English, I was bored lol), and my shirt came out of being tucked inside my pants by itself, but only the left half, and furthermore, I was wearing my messenger bag, and I personally felt that it looks cool, rofl. I've even drew a rough sketch.



I know my rough sketch is shitty, ya? :P

No comments: