Saturday, September 22, 2007

Mid-Autumn Festival

My mother went out at night for some reason today, so my father and I had to go out for dinner. Not that I'm complaining. I rather walk to coffee shop one hour's walk away than stay home for dinner. All thanks to my mother's... um... inferior Cooking Level. Yeah, it's a reference to RuneScape. I'm addicted to that game.

We went to the coffee shop at Block 802. I ate the standard oyster omelette, yum. I'm addicted to that dish already, haha. But my father, being a cheapskate, doesn't want me to order the eight dollars one, so I had to make do with the five dollars one. He is lying that he is doing so because the dish is too oily, bad for my health, though I can easily tell his real purpose, the dish is too expensive, bad for his financial health. *rolls eyes*

I noticed that the table we are sitting on is numbered 46. Reminds me of the Central 46 Chambers in Bleach... 40 wise men, 6 judges. All owned brutally by Aizen. Sigh, they really got pwned pretty badly, I can't not sigh...



So after having a plate of $5 oyster omelette (not enough chilli!) and ten sticks of satay, we left. On the way, we saw two kids playing with candles, making me wonder, "Why play candles now?" And, surprising how I need to take so long to think of an answer, to tell the truth, I realized it, today is Mid-Autumn Festival.

Ah, the Mid-Autumn Festival, where people barbecue outside the moon, putting pomelo rinds on another's head, carrying lanterns and eating mooncakes. How can I forget? Some call it Mid-Autumn Festival, while others call it the Lantern Festival. Food-lovers, finding themselves unable to eat lanterns, instead call it Mooncake Festival, while lazy people hoping for a shorter name merely call it Moon Festival.

For me, I like to call it the Burning Festival. Ah, the burning, never forget it. Some get bored with lighting candles to put inside lanterns, and gradually kids started to light candles and put them in a row. Others, more daring, brave and adventurous, got even more bored and decided to burn dried leaves found nearby. As other kids see them burning, their innocent curiosity prompts them to join, and sooner or later, you see tens of kids running around the park, combing for dried leaves and twigs to add into the huge pile of flaming goodness.

Some, however, were even more bored. After all, dried leaves is difficult to burn initially. And thus prompts advancement. Airplanes are invented because people want to fly. The Internet is invented because people want to transmit information around the world quick. This, is technological advancement. Whenever people find that their lifestyles lack something, they would often try their best to get over the limitation. The steam engine comes into place because people need an easy way to obtain energy. Cars and trains now dot the landscape because people want an easy way to travel.

Likewise, do not underestimate kids. Their urge to burn is strong, their curiosity to witness a swallowing fire is intense. They want to burn. But definitely not leaves! You can't start a strong fire with leaves!! And so prompts the technological advance. Do not underestimate the intelligence of children, my friend. They can be as clever, and perhaps, pardon me for suggesting this, even more cleverer than you. What they need is something easier to burn.

And the answer comes in a clever word: Flyers.

Ah, flyers. Those useless pieces of crap and junk frequently found along void decks, especially outside letterboxes. Most people chuck them away without even taking a good look at them. Gradually, the number of flyers accumulate. They act as litter, they dirty the environment, and they infest our homes much quicker than cockroaches and mice, at such an astounding speed that not even cleaners can match them! What should we do about them?

And the answer comes with an ingenious stroke of mind: Burn them.

Phew, freaking hell... Such a long chunk of crap just to get a point through. ^_^"

So yeah, my so-called Burning Festival. Others tell me the names sound awkward though, so I, having learnt that word from my current English teacher (who is, with little competition, the best English teacher I had so far), decided to use it, renaming the Festival to... *drums roll* Feed My Pyromania Festival.

Ah, Pyromania. I wonder why I didn't get to learn of that name earlier. In case you didn't know or notice, I renamed my blog's title "Pyromania" as well, haha. So, what the heck does that word mean, for those of you sleeping in English lessons?

Random Blog Reader: Hey! Who the hell sleeps during English lessons? You'll have to do an essay as punishment if the teacher catches you, man!

Good point. Let me summon my evidence.

Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
Wow, I was reading up on Dumbledore in Wikipedia:
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
His house affiliation is that of Gryffindor. This information was given to Harry Potter by Hermione Granger in Philosopher's Stone on the Hogwarts Express. Furthermore, in the film version, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Dumbledore tells Harry that he set a curtain on fire in the Gryffindor dormitory.
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
Damn, I want to set a curtain on fire in our class too :D
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
Wait, do we even have curtains?
*. J a s m i n e.* [No. 26] ... i shall strive hard to pursue my dreamx ... says:
sry for the late reply. but wait the fire spreads
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
All the better
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
Have you took note of my blog name? :P
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
I have pyromania, haha
*. J a s m i n e.* [No. 26] ... i shall strive hard to pursue my dreamx ... says:
lols i stil dunno what that means
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
You sure?
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
Mdm Muneira (note: name of my English teacher. 'Cher, be proud, you're the first and currently only teacher whom I post his or her name on my blog) taught the word to us during an english lesson
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
That's where I get it
*. J a s m i n e.* [No. 26] ... i shall strive hard to pursue my dreamx ... says:
really. i mean it. i didnt noe she taught us that
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
Sleeping ah? ;)
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
:P
*. J a s m i n e.* [No. 26] ... i shall strive hard to pursue my dreamx ... says:
guess thats an evidence that i didnt listen during eng lesson
*. J a s m i n e.* [No. 26] ... i shall strive hard to pursue my dreamx ... says:
lols
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
It's somewhere in the DEV
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
There's a chapter about the four elements of water, fire, wind and earth
*. J a s m i n e.* [No. 26] ... i shall strive hard to pursue my dreamx ... says:
and pyromania is sth ...
*. J a s m i n e.* [No. 26] ... i shall strive hard to pursue my dreamx ... says:
abt wind?
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
No no, fire
*. J a s m i n e.* [No. 26] ... i shall strive hard to pursue my dreamx ... says:

Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyromania
*. J a s m i n e.* [No. 26] ... i shall strive hard to pursue my dreamx ... says:
sry, guess also guess wrongly
Samy [I can't protect anything...] says:
Pyromania is an intense obsession with fire, explosives, and their related effects. It is also an obsession with starting fires in an intentional fashion.
*. J a s m i n e.* [No. 26] ... i shall strive hard to pursue my dreamx ... says:
whoaa

So, Feed My Pyromania Festival. FMPF. Sounds cool, doesn't it? ;)

On the way home, I realized where my mother went. There was a celebration held at the park near my house to celebrate FMPF, and I decided to get my father to drop me off there. How can I forget that today is FMPF? Having a Thieving Level of 82 in RuneScape is useful, not only for accessing the shortcut to get to Chaos Druids in Yanille Agility Dungeon, but also to pickpocket your father's lighter. XD

I found my mother, sitting there and watching the performance. Pfft, that does not interest me. I went around, scrolling through the parks, looking interestedly at what the kids are doing. Most of them are just burning candles and arranging them in a row. Boring. After a long time, about thirty minutes, in which I tried to join in one, but turns out they are already extinguishing the fire before I joined in (A big -______-" there), I almost wanted to give up, but finally, I found a lonely boy at a corner, playing with candles. I asked if I can join in. He said yes.

Apparently, the candles that he was playing with are a gift from his friend, though I wonder why a pile of leaves, half-burnt, is in front of him. I asked if he's interested in burning those leaves. He agrees and we started using the fire from the candle to burn the leaves. Of course, that's no go. Leaves are difficult to burn with a small fire. After spending quite a long while being persistent, we gave up and decided to head to the void deck, looking for flyers which we can find.

Bingo! I lifted up the cover of the dustbin, and to our amazement, there were a whole chunk of flyers and cardboard boxes used to hold candles and sparks! Not forgetting a paper lantern... Jackpot, baby! There was even a paper bag inside, obtained from a mooncake shop! We took the paper bag and threw whatever we can salvage inside it, before running back to where we met just now, this time determined to make a bigger, stronger, huger fire.

A picture represents a thousand words.

And a thousand words
One thousand confessions
Will cradle you
Making all of the pain you feel seem far away
They'll hold you forever




I only took that one photo, because I only took it after I deem the fire huge enough and satisfactory.

Of course, while the two of us had a ton of fun burning, two other people joined in. One of them is even equipped with a lighter! Whoohooo, now we have four people with two lighters. Mwahahaha. We continued burning, and after a while, the guy with the lighter got bored. He took another lighter from his friend somewhere else, and threw both lighters into the pile.

AND BOOM! HOLY SWEET SHIT! It was too sudden, too fast, so my slow reaction didn't allow me to take a photo, but it reminds me of an atomic bomb. It's like a huge fireball from the center erupts and flies upwards, then exploding into a million tiny sparks. Beautiful, man, simply beautiful. I took a few pictures of the fire after the lighter incident, which burnt brighter and bigger than ever.











Unfortunately, all good things have to come to an end. We ran out of the papers, and just as we were about to go get more, an adult, thinking that we are crazy and insane kids bent on burning down the entire park (*rolls eyes*) and attempts to stop us. So we had sort of a "polite talk", me tossing whatever he threw at me back at him. Yeah, "polite" is the keyword all right. I was trying to hide my meaning of "Fuck off, you bastard, just know that we'll do our best to make sure we don't burn this park. Take my word and leave. Although I can't guarantee that my hand won't slip and that I won't accidentally burn you to death." inside my words. Wonders if he got it?

So, yeah, we let the fire die out, then I went to step on the ashes, some parts looking as though it is still flaring. I ended it by stomping on it with my shoes. Only then did I realize that those shoes were newly-bought. XD







Seriously, man, I hate it when adults interfere. Do they really think we are really that fucking stupid? A teenager, even taller than him, unable to stop a fire? Man, the fire can't spread, the floor is made of ceramic tiles (or at least I believe so), and we chose a location that is at least three arms' length away from any grass or tree, so what's the freaking problem? God damn it, stop thinking we children and teenagers are retarded. -.-

That guy whom I burned stuff with, he had to go, so we said goodbyes and he went home. Man, he seems like quite a nice guy, lol. Glad to hang out with him, even though it's only for a little while. Ah, I went to find my mother, but I got bored fairly quickly, so I went to look for my neighbours, whom came with my mother. I found them burning candles with another guy and I went to join them, lol. Burning candles might be a bit boring compared to burning flyers, leaves and stuff, but it beats having nothing to do.









And so, after that, I found a leaf nearby, and wanted to burn it. But damn, leaves are resistant, they don't burn that easily, especially this one I found, it wasn't particularly a dried one. But I realized that I could blacken it by burning it, lol, and so I tried to burn almost every spot of the leave I can (obviously I'm not going to burn the part of the leave in which my fingers are holding on to -.-).





I nicknamed the leaf "charcoal leaf". :)

So the three of us went back to our mothers, and after a while of watching the performance, I got bored and decided to ask if my two neighbours want to go and take a stroll or something, when I noticed that their chairs were already empty hours ago. -_____- Well, not literally "hours ago". So I decided to go off, looking for them.

I can't find them, meh, but instead found a group of three people burning stuff just beside the pile of ashes in which me and that guy burnt stuff just now. XD I took a half-burnt piece of flyer from the pile of ashes and joined in. A kid asks, "Who are you?" And I replied, "Hi, I'm joining in." They went all, "Yay! We got someone joining in! Four people, let's go!" XD











And then some freaking bangla comes with a huge-ass fire extinguisher. Oi! Oi! Someone tell me I'm hallucinating or something!! Why would people whom I could not see (don't forget it's nighttime) carrying huge-ass fire extinguishers around and messing around with us?! We heard him pull the safety pin (don't freaking expect us to actually see him pull it please -__-), and fearing for our safeties, we jumped back a metre or so, drew our swords, went into combat position,



and boom! Out of nowhere, a forceful jet of water shot out, spraying the ashes of the stuff we were burning a metre of so.



(I apologize for the fact that you can almost see nothing from the picture, lol)

"That was our blood and sweat, you fiend!" roared my partner, his voice full of anger as he grabbed his weapon even tighter, a longsword with a sharp prick at the end. "And you will pay! Now die for the pitiful sins that you have just committed!"

"Stop it!" shouted his friend beside him, concerned for his safety, but it was too late, as his outstretched hand could reach nothing. Blinded by rage, he rushed forward towards his enemy with hatred. Rushing towards an enemy whom he could not see. Rushing towards death. "STOP!"

"If he's going, then I'd be going too!" declares the ally closest to me, a short boy with a high-pitch voice, carrying a pickaxe that looks like a toy. "For my father!"

Random Blog Reader 2: Hey! Who shouts "For my father!" when he charges towards battle?
Random Blog Reader 3: Hmmm, let's see... Prince Arthas from Warcraft III before he went over to the Undead?
Random Blog Reader 4: And that Prince Rasler from Final Fantasy XII? I remember him shouting that at the beginning of the game before he got shot by an arrow.
Random Blog Reader 5: Is it a coincidence that both of them are princes?
Random Blog Reader 6: Well, here's the conclusion. Unless your father is a king, you would be unlikely to roar "For my father!" as a warcry. Agree?
Random Blog Reader: Aye.
Random Blog Reader 2: Yeah.
Random Blog Reader 3: Sure.
Random Blog Reader 4: Of course.
Random Blog Reader 5: Why not?
Samy: Hey, since when are there so many people reading my blog? ^_^"
Random Blog Reader 2: So is the pickaxe-holding kid a prince or something?
Samy: Um... Maybe. Certainly. Probably. ^_^"


Well, heck, it would be good if we actually dared to attack, lmao. Of course that was fictional. No way are we foolish enough to strike an enemy we couldn't see. No one can win a battle with accuracy at 0%.

Looking for something to do, I found a group of kids playing Ice&Water, and oh what the heck, I was feeling bored anyway, so I asked if I can join, rofl. There were about four other boys and about ten girls, and so after some discussion, the five of us guys became the ice while the girls became the water. It was an outright victory. The girls kept cheating by running off even when they are frozen. Not like we particular mind, we could catch them back with ease, haha.

But still, I feel bad chasing after a girl about five years younger than me... -_________-

And the event soon ended, and I left for home with my two neighbours and their mothers. They were carrying lanterns home proudly, lol, and halfway I was joking of burning down their paper lanterns, holding, my lighter threateningly. :P When we reached the basketball court, we saw a paper lantern there, and for fun, I decided to burn it. :P





We then went home, and I return the lighter I stole from my father beside his box of cigarette, where there is already a lighter on it. Damn, how many spare lighters did he have? ^_^"

No comments: