Monday, September 03, 2007

Studying with Hong Wei

Lol, it shocked me this afternoon when Hong Wei called me this morning and asked if I want to go out and do some studying and revision with him. XD I've known him for six years, and this is the first time he did so, lol. Guess he's really paranoid about the 'O' levels, yeah? XD

So, despite the heavy rains, we went to McDonald's at Tampines Mart. Damn, the soles of my slippers are all worn out, so I had difficulty walking in the rain, lol. It's so freaking slippery that I almost tripped. -.-

We bought a Chicken McNugget student meal set, upsize and share it among ourselves, lol. I wonder why despite upsizing, the French fries are still so small. -.- They should give larger packs of French fries, man. We added salt to the coke, rofl. But then we discovered one wasn't enough (despite him having eaten a burger before he left school and came to McDonald's and I having late breakfast), so we went and bought another exact same set, lol.

I started studying Physics while he started doing his Chemistry Ten-Years-Series. Furthermore, he asks me how to do some of those questions inside his Ten-Years-Series that he found himself unable to do, when I am no better, even worse. X( I don't mind if he's asking me maths or physics, but Chemistry...? -.- Not my specialty.

I got bored of Physics, and that was before I even finished one chapter. -.- So I took Hong Wei's E. Maths Ten-Years-Series, but what the heck, I think he finished the whole entire book, and scribbled workings and answers to them. -_- After much tedious flipping, I finally managed to find two pages out of his whole entire book that has nothing written on it, but turns out that apparently, he did those questions on foolscap paper. -.- So I got bored and went to do those questions, haha.

Hong Wei got bored of Physics too and went to read his Elective Geography textbook. Then he offered the A. Maths preliminary paper of his school for me t do, since I kept telling him that I preferred to do A. Maths than E. Maths, haha. I only bothered to do those questions I prefer to do, like logarithm, rofl.

We got bored after staying there for three hours, so we decided to go to my home, since I wanted to play Final Fantasy VIII, and he can study while I play, lol. But my mother's watching TV. How lame. -.-

So we went to my room, with me playing around with my laptop and helping Justin with the sprites we are going to use to "revamp" One Piece Adventures by replacing its story-style with a sprite-webcomic style, lol. An hour later, the rains stopped, and I noticed that Hong Wei was getting a bit bored, lol, so we went downstairs to play basketball. I also called my neighbour to come along, lol.

So the three of us went to the basketball court, with my neighbour and I teaming up against Hong Wei, since I alone cannot defeat Hong Wei, lol. -.- We lost 5-11, lol. I think we sort of made a rule that states that the last "goal" must be scored by shooting a three-pointer, lol. That's what we have been doing three days ago when we were playing basketball together, and even now too, lol. Hong Wei did a successful three-pointer the moment he shot after scoring his 10th "goal", and it went into the hoop, lmao, making me shout out loud, "Tyco!!" XD

We went to play HORSE next, deciding the order by using Scissors-Paper-Stone in which the winner decides his position in the order. Hong Wei won and chose to be first. I won the second game and chose to be last, in which my neighbour questions my decision. I told him it's because Hong Wei is so good at shooting that it sucks to be behind him. XD So yeah, Hong Wei was, in what I call it, "being gay", shooting tricky shots. Once he shot standing with his back facing the loop and which he turns around and shoots very quickly. My neighbour tried that, resulting in a horrible airball. XD Soon enough, my neighbour got an E and was out, and I was leading, with Hong Wei having an R and me having an O (I was "being gay" with him too and shooting under the loop. He fumbled that extremely easy shot once and screwed up XD). But eventually, I lost, lol. D: He kept "being gay", with tricky shots like layup. -.-

Eventually, three kids came, and by kids I really mean kids, rofl, and I was joking, "Hey, let's challenge them to a three-on-three match." XD My neighbour told us that out of the three kids, the eldest one is only 11 years old, lol, and just imagine, even our youngest is older than him, at 12 years old. XD I asked him how he knew, but apparently he just knew the answer without knowing why, lol. -.- He later joked, "Instinct." o.O

So I went to really challenge them to a three-on-three match, lmao, and obviously, they saw our ages and heights and got so freaking frightened they downright declined it, lmao. We threw a few more practice shots for fun, and when I got really bored, I went to challenge them again to a match, this time with a twist, we decide who's in whose team with a game of finger guessing, lol. Um, it's hard to explain. Something like we show our hands to each other, either playing with our palms facing up or down, and those with palms facing up will team up against those with palms facing down. Yeah.

And Hong Wei, my neighbour and I are all coordinating, lmao. XD Initially we discussed about playing accordingly to my prompts, like blinking of eyebrows or scratching of heads, but we ended up with, "If I scratch my head, palm faces up. If I don't, palm faces down." XD So we played a few games, but some of those three kids always face the same thing as us, and I found that it's rather hard for me to scratch my head and show my hand, when I'm holding onto that basketball. So I made a rather quick one, and Hong Wei fumbled, he showed his palm down when I didn't scratch my head. XD So, no choice, my neighbour and I got teamed with the eldest out of the other group, while Hong Wei got teamed with the two youngest players. XD

Gotta admit, the two youngest players who Hong Wei are stuck with seem to not even know how to play basketball. After playing for around ten minutes, in which the score is still stuck at 0-0 and in which Hong Wei found himself taking on three players alone, we gave him some time to brief his team on how to play. He ended up with three main points, "Dribble. Pass. Shoot." XD

While he was doing so, we sort of came up with a formation too, lol. Hong Wei is easily the best player on the other side, so his disability is sort of half the battle won, so we decided to have at least one person mark him. The other two, they can't really dribble, and Hong Wei has to pass to them in a way easily interceptable so they can catch it, so I assigned one and only person to look after them. The third guy stays under the hoop, since Hong Wei scores most of the time by running towards the hoop and then shooting when under it, so someone to guard that point is crucial.

But of course, we didn't need to be in that formation at all times, especially when the ball is in our possession, and also we tend to break up the formation in time, so we coordinated, whenever I shout, "FORMATION!", we rush to our formation, although we sometimes get confused over who should stand at which place. XD

The game was sad for Hong Wei, lol, it just really seems for him that he is taking on three people at once alone, despite that briefing he had. His two teammates are, most of the time, just standing by the sidelines and looking at us play. XD Hong Wei can't shoot well too, since everytime he does so, there are most of the time two people blocking him. XD He can't pass too, because everytime he does so, the ball changes possession before it even reaches his teammate. XD Once, I was marking him like crazy, so he couldn't really do much, and the ball is in our possession, with Hong Wei's teammates standing there and looking at us, lmao. Hong Wei was shouting, "Block! Block!" And I try to confuse them by saying, "Blogging is when you type your diaries on the Internet. There, you have learnt a new word today: Blog." And my neighbour laughed out loud. Rofl! XD

Needless to say, Hong Wei suffered a bad loss, lol, although he put up a valiant struggle in defense. The odds were leveled when my neighbour had to go home, lol, so it became 2-on-3, but still, not much of a problem for us. The game was ending with a score of 10-5, with my team 10 of course. Again, I said, "The last ball must be scored with a three-pointer!", but my teammate, who scored most of the goals (I was busy marking Hong Wei), told me he can't do a three-pointer, lmao, so it was up to me and me alone to deal the finishing kill. D:

I tried shooting a three-pointer, but missed. My teammate then tried shooting somewhere between the hoop and the three-point line, but then Hong Wei has to add, "Last score must be scored with a three-pointer!" XD He didn't manage to score anyway. So I grabbed the ball, ran upwards to the middle of the three-point line, and using the energy accumulated from the running, shot, and wow, I scored, lmao. Game set. I remember shouting out loud again, "TYCO!" XD

We went back to my house, since he left my bag there. We sat around, and decided to call Sean, inviting him to study with the two of us tomorrow. He's not sure yet, and told us to message him tomorrow to confirm. Zzzzzz. I won't keep my hopes up, most of the time he ends up being unable to go to anything we called him to anyway. -.-

But still, I hope he can go. After all, the three of us has been best friends when we were primary five, haha. XD

Hong Wei went home later, messaging me half an hour later to tell me he left his umbrella at my house. -.- I'll bring it to him tomorrow I s'pose.

No comments: