Sunday, September 16, 2007

Miscellaneous Stuff

Just some miscellaneous stuff...



Yay, I finally obtained Level 94 Firemaking in RuneScape! :D That's five more levels to 99 and getting the cape I've been wanting for so long, lol. How can the Flame Master not have Level 99 Firemaking? XD

And so, that's... *calculates* eight thousand, six hundred and sixty-four (8664) more willow logs I have to burn to get to Level 95 Firemaking... Sigh, such a huge number... Ganbatte, ne? (頑張って,ね? Let's work hard, eh?)



They are starting the demolition of the school, before they build a new one. And here we see the windows being smashed down by warhammers or some other stuff like that. Wish I could join in the party... :P



I pity this tree. There are holes everywhere in its leaves. Must have been home to a whole entire army of caterpillars or somethin' like that, eh?

And yeah, due to boredom, I decided to test my knowledge on probability. You know, people always say that the chance of striking 4D is a low 0.01%, but I beg to differ. That low percentage only occurs when there is one number, and in each day of 4D, we have 23 numbers for us to try our luck. So, what is the exact probability of striking a number when we have 23 numbers there? I decided to do a calculation.

And yeah, the formula is secret. :P If you're smart enough, you can figure it out by yourself anyway. And if you're too stupid to get it, don't worry, you get the answer anyway. :P

And oh yeah, I am assuming that there is no limit a set of numbers can come up. In other words, I am assuming that a certain set of numbers, for example, 0000, can come up for more than one time (for example, the first prize can be 0000, and the second prize can be 0000 too, and the third prize can be 0000 too, etc. Wow, if this really happens, whoever bought 0000 is a damn lucky bastard o.O).

0.2297472%

That would be about 1 in 435.26. Not a very huge number, that's for sure.

So the chance of you NOT striking 4D is a huge 99.7702528%. Better save up that money. ;)

No comments: