Monday, September 17, 2007

Freedom

Today is the first day of the four-week-long PPP. Nope, it doesn't stand for Physics Preliminary Paper or something like that, haha, it stands for Post-Preliminary Programme, which is in other words, a new timetable more concentrated on making sure we have ample revision and preparation for the coming 'O' level (which is a short five weeks' time away! Gulp!), eliminating useless periods like Assembly and CME (Civics & Moral Education). Why the blog post name of "freedom" though? I'll explain that later.

I went to school in the morning, expecting to assemble in the classroom, like four out of the five times last week. Apparently, though, the school administrative body like to make abrupt changes without informing students much though, so the location of morning assembly was all of a sudden changed to the carpark... -.- Maybe they enjoy the chaos they create when they change shit all of a sudden, but I ain't enjoying it freakin' at all, man.

I saw Luke waiting alone in front of the carpark. I decided to go deeper into the school to look for Vernon and Yoshida, whom I was sure would both come earlier than me. Nope, couldn't find them. I decided to go to the classroom, checking if they are there, but as I approach the classroom block, the bangla starts shouting at me. *rolls eyes*

I went back to where Luke is, hang around with him for a while, then got bored and decided to sneak into the classroom block, without the bangla noticing, by going there through the second floor, past the AV room. Works well, there were neither guards nor gates barricading the way, so it's like a walk in the park. I went to the classroom, find the lights on, but the only person I find in there is Jovian, waiting all alone. He told me he had came extremely early, before the bangla even stood guard at the first floor entrance of the classroom block, and has been waiting ever since. Doesn't he even question the fact that how come no other person has come into the classroom for such a long time...? ^_^"

I told Jovian that we're supposed to assemble at the carpark, so the two of us went off together. Within even less than five seconds of exiting the classroom, the bangla spotted us and started shouting like shit... *rolls eyes* Upon reaching the second floor, I saw Vernon, so I briefly told Jovian, "Ah, I saw Vernon! C'ya!" and ran off after the bub. XD

I caught up with Vernon and we went looking for Yoshida together, whom we find standing in front of General Office with Zheng Wei and two other 4R1 guys. Yoshida then mentioned that I did a Zheng Wei, since he got into a conflict with several (notice that it's not one, but SEVERAL) Normal Academical students two years ago (gotta admire Zheng Wei's courage, he pointed a middle finger and got himself into deep shit) and ended up "winning" the fight by informing the teachers, something I also did last Friday (at least I was clever enough not to show any of my fingers XD). So Zheng Wei embraces me like a brother and exclaims, "Good friend!" XD Blimey, I forgot how close my situation last week was with his two years ago! XD

Went to the carpark for assembly. Blimey! We've got ANOTHER Vice-Principal so fast?! I've still remember the good ol' peaceful times we have when we don't have a Vice-Principal, just a Principal, with all of the teachers dumping endless and limitless amount of work at him non-stop, humours me to imagine it... Then we have a Vice-Principal. Ah, yes, the fat one. Yoshida and I always suspect that she's Alvin's aunt or something... Not forgetting the "Don't play with a penknife, it is very dangerous..." or something like that. Then she goes off. We're not unhappy to see her back, to tell the truth... Then, two weeks ago, we see a new Vice-Principal. A relatively-young looking lady, whose contributions, effort and hard work spent on the school has gone largely unnoticed... And now, all of a sudden, we have another Vice-Principal, this one a guy. If Hong Wei didn't tell me that his school has two Vice-Principals too when I asked, I would have shouted, "Two Vice-Principals?! OMGWTFBBQHAX!!1"

Kinda funny, really. For our PPP timetable, Mondays on both odd and even week have the same subjects, but it's just that the slots for English and Geography were reverse for both weeks. Yoshida and I went to refer to the wrong timetable, we looked at the one for odd weeks when today is an even week, lol, so we thought that Geography would be first, but then the English teacher comes in, and we're like, "Huh? Maybe she messed up or something..." XD

Or wait, is it the other way around...? o.O Ah, no matter. So, right. I sort of mess up. I forgot which is first, Geography or English. So let's assume English is first. ^_^" No real difference anyway...

For English, we went through the comprehension on the Ten-Years-Series we did last Friday. Darn, I just wish that the teacher can stop being so lazy and actually mark our scripts for us, because I always like to assume that I get all of the questions wrong, since I'm lazy to figure out whether I am correct or not, and thus lazy to figure out whether I should do corrections or not, so heck, just do corrections for everything! XD So obviously, my marks, if I mark myself, are always pathetic and much lower than my average. XD

For Geography, the teacher gave us a practice paper. Oh, great. The practice paper only contained three questions, all three on Physical Geography. And Yoshida was complaining, "Can we have Human Geography instead...? -.-" So I did the first question on Weather and Climate, easiest chapter out of all of them (just a dose of common sense is more than enough for this chapter). The second question was on Plate Tectonics, so of course I felt lazy to do it. Three chapters I suck in Geography: Plate Tectonics, Rivers, and Coasts, and I'm never doing any of those three. XD Third question, I forgot what was it about, rofl, but I was lazy to do it too, so who cares? XD Near the end of the lesson, Yoshida and I went over to Vernon and Ephraim's tables, and the teacher starts bitchin' about it... *rolls eyes three times* Like it's her freakin' business where we sit. Can someone just tell her to mind her own freakin' business for freak's sake? -__________-

Recess, we hanged around class and was lazing around, chatting stuff. Vernon didn't bring his cards. -____________- Or then again, I'm not totally convinced that he didn't. o.O He always say he didn't bring his cards, just to take them out five minutes later. -_-

Chinese was last period (three periods only, whoohooo!). Classes are divided up among grades obtained from 'O' level, lol. In other words, those who got B3 and B4 are dumped into one class, those who got C5 and C6 dumped into one class too, and those who got D7, E8 and F9? Who knows? Maybe there would be some teacher willing to spend time on them? So the teacher just gives us a formal letter-writing question to try out. Meh, just breezed through it, lol.

My father SMSed me during school [I only read it while taking my handphone out to make use of its "Chinese dictionary" function ;)] telling me that they (referring to my parents) are out and that I should have lunch outside, so meh. I asked Yoshida if he wanted to go and eat lunch with me, but unfortunately, his mother cooked for him back at home, so of course he had to go back to eat lunch [unlike a certain guy, always having his lunch outside just because his mother's cooking sucks... :P (I'm referring to myself by the way XD)]. Since Vernon and Ephraim are in different classes (they both got C5, while Yoshida and I got B3, in which every time I say that, Yoshida starts pounding the table, because five more marks and he can be spared from all this shit. Well, I wanna pound some damned table too T_T), I SMSed Vernon asking him out for lunch. He didn't reply, bleh.

The teacher let us go late, bleh, just because some idiots wrote the formal letter as if an informal letter. Right, 'cher, explain why you have to waste our precious time when some idiots don't know whether they are supposed to be writing a formal or an informal letter? Sigh... So we were of course rushing to get out, because I need to get to Vernon and Ephraim before they exit out of school (since they got released earlier than us), and Yoshida, being the good ol' loyal friend, lol, was helping me to ensure that I won't have to face lunch alone in boredom (T_T), so the two of us were waiting anxiously for the teacher to finish talking her cock, lol. Once she finished, we rushed out, but meh, those two were nowhere in sight... Yoshida called Ephraim, then we went outside, to the bus stop across the road to wait for them, then we went back into the school again, then went back out to the bus stop again, and finally, Ephraim SMSed to Yoshida, telling him that neither of them is interested. *rolls eyes* Right, thanks for wasting my time, lol. :P

So I said bye to Yoshida and went home. Along the way home, I called my parents, and thus turns out they went overseas. -_- So I was thinking of what to do for lunch and dinner, then I decided to ask Hong Wei out for lunch, and might as well study together too (since 'O' levels are five weeks away... I SMSed Yoshida, "Holy, I just realized my parents went overseas... -.-" He SMSed back, "Freedom" XD And so, that became the title of this blog post. XD Then turns out later that my mother's passport has expired and that she couldn't go, lmao, so only my father went.

Hong Wei replied my SMS at about 2.15pm (two hours after I got out of school) and asked if I want to play basketball, lol. So we ended up going to McDonald's and studying. Well, not really studying, I was the only one doing so, lol, Hong Wei was procrastinating all the way, haha. We got bored, lol, and started chatting about our primary school memories, and eventually about girls, discussing which girls were cute in our Primary 6 class. XD So we were sharing our opinions of who we think is cute, tell each other the name, and the other rates the girl out of 10, to make sure we have the same concept of "cute", rofl. Don't blame me, it's his idea... Well, Hong Wei wants most of our conversation to be kept secret, so that's all I can say. :X And though, yeah, I jokingly mentioned the name of our form teacher, silently rating her "-10" (she's... to be blunt, ugly ), and Hong Wei goes, "ELEVEN!!"

I was laughing out loud for three minutes non-stop... XD

At around 4pm, Hong Wei got damn bored (the only thing he did other than procrastination stuff like eating lunch and chatting is to take out his Chemistry notes, lol, in which he procrastinates and didn't even bother to read it... ), so we went to play basketball. Not much stuff, lol. There were not many people on the basketball court while we were playing, so we were playing by ourselves. Well, we didn't have a match, we know the results before the game even begins. -_- Instead, we played ABC, in which he wins with apparent ease, shooting an airball many times (in which he has to reset the entire game) just to not let me feel bad, lol. T_T We then played HORSE, ah, we got to S, and we sort of got bored and decided to just throw the ball into the loop with whatever creative ways we can invent. XD He tried shooting with his back facing the loop, I tried shooting over a very long distance... XD

While having a break, we took some photos too, haha...



I find myself looking weird without spectacles...



Yeah, yeah, Hong Wei, I know that you didn't lose your spectacles, unlike me, now can you stop doing an Ishida and showing your spectacles off to me? -.-



We then went to my home, where I suggest we shall continue studying... (Five more weeks to 'O' levels!! DX) But freaking hell, he fell asleep on the couch in my room while I was reading my Geography textbook, lol, so I went ahead and take a photo of him asleep.



Soon, I got bored of Geography and fell asleep too, lmao. But then, I was pretty sure that Hong Wei knew I took a photo of him sleeping secretly, and that he would take revenge and take a photo of me sleeping secretly too, so I didn't fell into too much of a deep sleep. XD Yeah, he woke up once, take his handphone out, and alert me woke up, asking him, "Sup?" XD

At 6pm, he had to go back home. Not a surprise, hardly anyone is willing to stay back in my house for dinner...

Since my old man wasn't at home, so my mother and I went out for dinner. I had oyster omelette, lol. While looking around for a vacuum cleaner bag (both my room and my PlayStation2 are starting to get infested with damn dust, man. The first being that I'll have trouble falling asleep, with the dust irritating my eyes. The second means that my PlayStation2 would get overheated more easily, with the performance of the cooling fan decreased), I went past a pet shop. The hamsters look so cute, haha, I couldn't resist to take a picture or two... :P





And before I went home, I went to the manga shop Hong Wei told me and checked... Sigh, still no One Piece 47 nor Bleach 30... And Pokémon Adventures 25? Bah! I almost have no more patience left to wait any longer... -_-

Yeah, I figured something out... My Preliminaries result got me thinking about the Geography teacher saying some shit about "What's the point of scoring distinction for mathematics?", and I thought about it. What she says does have a point... I've been "pumping" (I'll use that word to mean "putting effort into something") maths all along, just because those two subjects (E. Maths and A. Maths) are the only subjects that actually interest me and I can be bothered to do them, lol. But my Preliminaries result, one was 87 while the other was 82... I looked at Yoshida, one was 78 while the other was 75. A difference of 9 marks for E. Maths while 7 for A. Maths, yet both of us scored A1... What's the point of pumping into maths some more when it's obviously not going to help me in my L1R4 and L1R5, which are important criteria in deciding my next step?

So of course, I'm going to just heck care about mathematics a while and pump into my other subjects... English, Chinese and Combined Humanities, I don't know how to pump, lol, and even if I do, I can't pump much, so might as well save the effort... Chemistry, I gave up on it, so who cares...? That means I've only Geography and Physics left. Yosh. Let's pump those two subjects.

Okaaaaay. What the heck... I just realized that the song Hare Hare Yukai, the ending of The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, is the Haruhi version... In other words, the only one singing the song is Haruhi, compared to the "original" version with Haruhi, Mikuru and Yuki singing... Sigh... Where do I find the "original" one to download, lol...? -.-

And yeah, I might as well download the Hare Hare Yukai - Kyon's version as well. The lyrics are extremely funny, rofl, especially when compared to the lyrics of the original... Well, you'd only understand it if you watch The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, but well, it has to do with Kyon being the only reluctant guy in SOS Brigade to not blindly follow Haruhi's orders and instead uses his common sense to stop her doing ridiculous stuff, lol.

Yay, now that I got both the "original" version and Kyon's version, should I keep Haruhi's version in my handphone, which I used to believe that is the "original" version? Hmm... Maybe I will, lol. I got used to listening to only Haruhi. XD

No comments: