Sunday, September 02, 2007

Fun and havoc

Dave's mother had a voucher for a free regular pizza at Pizza Hut, lol, so she got me and my mother to go to Pizza Hut for dinner. We were to meet at Tampines Bus Interchange, and my mother is all rushing, "Liek omg, theyre all waitin 4 us!!1" And yet, we were the first to reach there and first to wait. -.-

Poor Dave, he got sore throat I think, so he wasn't able to come, but his sister, Wen Qian, came instead, lol. Dave's mother wanted to buy a handphone, and my mother wanted to submit the lucky draw coupons I got from buying my laptop, and both things can be done at Best Denki at Century Square, so off we go, lmao.

My stupid mother, sigh... She doesn't understand a single shitty English word, so she's always pestering me for what to put for the last entry on the lucky draw coupon, and I kept freaking tell her over and over and over again, the receipt number, the damned receipt number, the freaking receipt number, the god damned receipt number, the god damned freaking receipt number, the fucking receipt number, the god damned fucking receipt number, the mother-fucking receipt number, the god damned mother-fucking receipt number, but she just can't get it into her freaking head and still persists in asking me what to put for the last entry when I tell her the answer like so many fucking times.

So guess what I found while on the way to Best Denki? The idiot left it blank. YES, BLANK. Instead void I tell you, there's no need to go and submit that thick pile of coupons or even waste any ink filling up the other particulars like name and IC number. Just burn it and maybe the ghosts can receive them, like when you burn hell bank notes and they get it. -.- So imagine, some idiot's handing up coupons that are going to be void. That's freaking embarrassing, being found in the company of people with exceptionally low intelligence (don't ask me why, but I suppose my father sucks at making choices. I'll ask him when I feel like it), so I found an excuse to get the hell outta here: I'm going to look at comics. Wen Qian tagged along, lol.

When I browsed through the comics, I'm not expecting to see One Piece volume 47 or Bleach volume 29. After all, I only got One Piece volume 46 six days ago and Bleach two days ago, and I tend to get them as soon as possible, so I doubt the next volumes will come so fast. But oi, I've been waiting for Pokémon Adventures volume 25 for nearly three months. Hurry up, ye freaking slowpokes.

And wow, I found models of swords for sale! I want to buy them, man, but a label says "18 and above. IC required." -.- And I'm only 16. T____T Oh well, that's one more thing to look forward to when I reach my 18th birthday, one to drink alcohol and two to take the driving theory test. :P And of course, I took photos, heehee.



There's a model of Zabimaru, Abarai Renji's Zanpakutou from Bleach. Great reference picture for me to draw Zabimaru next time. XD



Brotherhood, Tidus' sword from Final Fantasy X. It's one of my favorite swords, lol, it's one of the very few swords in the Final Fantasy series with a story, and who doesn't like swords with backstories? Well, Wakka intends to give the sword to his brother Chappu (hence the name Brotherhood) when Chappu joins the Crusaders and fights Sin, but Chappu instead left the sword back at Besaid Village and left using an Al Bhed machina weapon. Years later, Tidus came along, and Wakka noticed the similarity between him and Chappu, and seeing that Tidus uses a sword as well (he's using the sword Auron gave him, who said that the sword was a gift from Jecht, Tidus' father), Wakka decided to give Tidus Brotherhood. And oh, Brotherhood starts out as a weak sword, but it automatically strengthens itself when Wakka visits Chappu in the Farplane! But just one complain, Brotherhood is meant to be light blue in colour, and look good in such. At least paint it, man, it looks weird and ugly in silver. -.-



I'm pretty sure this is Squall's Gunblade, but when I showed it to Vernon, he raised a pretty important question. Which of his Gunblades is this? Squall can use seven different Gunblades throughout a game of Final Fantasy VIII, lol, Revolver, Shear Trigger, Cutting Trigger, Flame Saber, Twin Lance, Punishment and Lion Heart. I didn't question the identity of the gunblade much until Vernon asks the question, and he identified it himself (since I kinda suck at differentiating the gunblades), that's plain old Revolver, the most lousiest Gunblade available to Squall and which he starts out with in the game.



A collection of Bleach items. On the left is a swingable Zabimaru, with the segments connected with chains. Chains... What do they think this is? The chain at the chest of a Plus or the chain at the after the pommel of Tensa Zangetsu? -.- At least use those stretchable bands like in the real Zabimaru. -.- The second one is Zangetsu, Ichigo's zanpakutou in Shikai form. Looks lame, lol, the grip, at least bother to use cloth to wrap it so the end is a bit more flexible, rather than metal entirely. In the middle is Ichigo's (or at least I believe so) Hollow mask. Lol, big deal. Who's knows what's the fourth one... Maybe Renji's Zabimaru in a sealed state? Can't really tell what it is, all sealed zanpakutous look roughly the same. And finally last is obviously Zabimaru.

After that, I wanted to go to the arcade and play House of the Dead IV, but freaking hell, four tokens each game, that'd be eight tokens for two players without continuing. Even assuming that each token is worth fifty cents (which is impossible. Most tokens nowadays are a dollar each), that's a barbarous outrage, too expensive, lol. We left without playing anything.

Went to the game shop next to Comic Connection. Final Fantasy X for $68 and Chrono Cross for $39, hmmm... Both two good games which I have completed at least once and in which I want to play again. :P Final Fantasy XII was also going for $78. That's ten dollars cheaper, six months after I have bought it. Amazing what deflation can do. What's more amazing is that I can complete the game before it even deflate for ten dollars. -.-

Then Wen Qian's mother called my phone (since Wen Qian's phone was flat, out of battery), so we left and went to Best. Wen Qian's mother took a long time at selecting what handphone to buy. I was observing the back of a CPU for sale, and I noticed there was a wireless adapter plugged into the USB port at the back, and someone could just plug it out, put it into his pocket and leave as if nothing happened. XD Of course, I didn't do so, I'm not that evil. XD One of the handphones on display, wow, had a freaking 5 megapixel camera! And my digital camera, specialized in taking photos, only has a 3.2 megapixel camera. -.-

We went to Pizza Hut to eat (wanted to do so earlier, but it was crowded then). Our mothers wanted to eat somewhere else, so we went alone. Aside from the free regular pizza in which we had a Hawaiian one, we also had sweet and spicy drumlets, garlic bread, soup of the day and pepsi. Damn, the glass of pepsi is so small. -.- I prefer it in Genting, lol, they give you a whole freaking jug of pepsi. Now that's talking!

After we finished eating, we waited a while, but no waiter came with the bill. We went to the counter and waited for a while, but we seems to be ignored (maybe it's because the waiters are more busy with other stuff), so, well, what can we do? Just leave, rofl. -.- Wen Qian was laughing like mad, lol. She's pretty excited for her first time, even though I managed to keep a completely straight face, even though this is my first time too. Maybe I played Final Fantasy VIII too much and role-played as an emotionless Squall too much (since FFVIII is a Role Playing Game after all! You're supposed to ROLE PLAY), so I got a bit emotionless too. XD

Proverbs stated that there is no free lunch in this world.
That's because there are free dinners in this world.

We went off rather hurriedly, lmao, though I don't see the point. At most they catch us and we pay up, it's not like I don't have the money. -.- Wen Qian's getting pretty paranoid, lol, she keeps looking behind her, expecting to see people in Pizza Hut uniforms chasing after us. If it were me, I'd add some weapons to the Pizza Hut employees' hands, like axes and clubs, but that's me, always looking for a fight. I seriously play too many games. XD

We went to the pharmacy in Tampines MRT Station, since Dave's mother wanted to buy cough drops for Dave, but the pharmacist went out for dinner and would only be back at 9.10pm. -.- So Wen Qian accompanied me to Popular Bookshop to look at comics. There's still no Pokémon Adventures volume 25 there too, zzzzzz... I was looking at the Bleach's covers and showing them to her, lol. I took one of Aizen...



...and asked her if she thinks Aizen is be a good guy or a bad guy. XD (Note that she doesn't watch nor read Bleach) Obviously, no one looking at Aizen's innocent appearance before he decided to reveal his true goal and motive (not to forget a change of appearance) would believe that he is a bad guy, lol, but she thought that it was funny that I'd ask her that question, so reverse psychology takes place, and she guesses the question correctly: Aizen is a bad guy. :O Next, I show her one of Hollow Ichigo...



...and asked her if she thinks Hollow Ichigo is a good buy (rofl at typo, I obviously mean "guy", not "buy", but still, it's so funny I decided not to edit it XD) or a bad guy. XD She obviously thinks it's bad, lol. But then, Hollow Ichigo appears to be a bad guy early on, but I think he can be considered as a good guy now, now that Ichigo has mastered his Hollowification and that Hollow Ichigo now, like Zangetsu, offers power to Ichigo (remember the King and his Horse theory?). I then showed him the two cover volumes of Ichigo...





...for her to compare with Hollow Ichigo, lol. Instead, she finds that Ichigo's hair colour in volume 1 is different from that in volume 19, and she thought Ichigo went to dye his hair, lol. Then she asks why volume 1 is called "the Death and the Strawberry". The "Death" part is sort of self-explanatory, since Bleach (as in the manga, not the chemical)'s Chinese name is "死神", meaning "Death God", but why "Strawberry"? I told her that Ichigo is the name of the main character in Bleach, and that the word "ichigo" in Japanese means strawberry, but I don't think she really gets it.

So I'll do a more thorough explanation here. Our dear main character of Bleach, the Death God Representative, Ichigo, his name is spelt as "一护" (or "一護" in Traditional Chinese and kanji, "一护" is in Simplified Chinese). "一" means "one" and is read as "ichi" in Japanese, while "护" (or "護") means "protect" and is read as "go" in Japanese. So put them together and it reads "Ichigo". He was named so because his father wants him to be "one who protects" (which he is doing rather well at the moment, I must admit). But then, "ichigo", when spelt as "莓", means "strawberry", rofl.

We went to look around Popular some more, then went over to Toys 'R' Us, where I get the title of this blog post, "Fun and havoc", from, because according to Wen Qian, when I'm there, I always have fun, making havoc along the way. XD Things I did there today include:
1. Taking those double-sided lightsabers and swinging them around, once even shouting "Souten ni zase! Hyourinmaru!!" for the fun of it. XD Damn, I sooo want a toy sword in my house just to swing around... I swear I'll buy toy swords for my children to play when I have children in the future.
2. Taking balls the size of Pokéballs, throwing them up into the air, catching them and repeat. Once I fumbled, it dropped to the ground, and I walked away whistling.
3. Saw a portable basketball loop about the same height as me, so took one of those balls I noted on point 2 and did a slam dunk without so much having to jump or even tiptoe. I'll pity Ephraim, he can't do a slam dunk without jumping like mad.
4. Got blamed by Wen Qian for the mess and litter on the floor even though I didn't really do anything. She likes to shift blames for fun (no, she was not the one who did it either. Some punk made a huge mess and ran for it). Oh well, at least this makes sure Toys 'R' Us is hiring employees to clean up. This means unemployment rate would decrease and the economy would get better. Good job, you punks, make more of a big mess next time. You have my permission. :)
5. Playing around with a skateboard we found and almost fell down. XD
6. Saw an opened pack of cards, apparently magic (as labeled on the box), but failed to discover what's so magical about the pack of cards, other than the fact that there is a weird card in there, it's Two and a Half of Hearts... o.O O.o The box said it can change all of the cards to the same card with a tap of a wand, but we didn't find any wands, and there we did all we can, including shuffling, tapping with hands, knocking, throwing it into the box, shaking it, and still failed to discover the trick.
7. Staring at the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl cartridges for sale and hoping that I have a Nintendo DS to play them. :(

It's so fun in there. :D

Dave's mother called us again, so we had to leave. We took a detour (obviously to avoid walking past Pizza Hut ) and walked past Courts instead. I found wireless mouses (as in mouses for computer) on display and noticed how easy it would be to steal one of those things, especially since it's so small and can easily fit inside a pocket. XD Obviously I wasn't stupid enough to take them, since I already have a mouse, and two, those mouses have the security labels stick onto them, and the alarm will sound if you try to exit without payment. -.- I was thinking of someone stealing not a mouse, but a keyboard. Imagine someone grabbing that large piece of keyboard and marching out of the store. o.O

We met our mothers at the McDonald's at Tampines Bus Interchange and left.

No comments: