Wednesday, June 04, 2008

CMATHS1 term test

Let's get this over with.

I'm not blogging about breakfast. Too painful for me to go through again. Freaking mother was nagging as if today is the day her mouth will get its usage expired or something. -_-

Went to the second storey LT corridor forty-five minutes before the exam starts, thinking that I am too early and that there would not be anyone there. Freaked me out to see that I'm not the first there, as Jian Shun, Jurene, Kok Keong and Kuan Wei were already all waiting there.

For some reason, later, a few of us (Jiahao, Aaron, Jian Shun, Jurene and me) surrounded Qiyang and were tickling and poking him from all directions, he couldn't properly defend himself against us. XD

At 9.15am, we went in, and at 9.25am, Qiyang, Jurene and I, for some reason, started staring at the clock (hung on the wall to the left of us) for five minutes waiting for 9.30am to come so we can start writing. XD

Damn CMATHS1 test was so easy, I think that the setter of this paper has something wrong in his or her brain, to allow us a duration of one and a half hour. I finished this paper in twenty-five minutes (would be much earlier if not for the last question, which took up a lot of my time), but since the invigilator specifically instructed us that we are not allowed to leave within thirty minutes after the paper started, I spent ten minutes checking through, and got the hell out once I was done.

The last question was a pain, argh. "Explain why there are only three values for a computer using 2-bit sign magnitude representation, but four values for a computing using 2-bit two's complement representation." The answer was easy, the concept was simple, it's just that explaining it is a pain. =.= I spent like ten minutes writing up one and a half pages of crap.

I wrote so much that if I don't get full marks for the last question (which consisted of five marks, by the way), I swear I'll draw my sword and go berserk, randomly hacking and slashing anyone and everyone I see. -.-



Oh, and lol, I suck at converting decimal numbers to hexadecimal, so guess how I checked my answer for that particular question? I converted it from decimal to binary first (this was taught at the beginning, so I got used to it by now), then converted it from binary to hexadecimal (which I admit I was pretty good at :P). Lol! XD

Fuyuan got out of the test venue right before me, haha, so we hang around outside the entrance after leaving, comparing our answers. Jiahao came out a while later and joined in. XD

And well, went home and played Warcraft III. That's mainly about it.

No comments: