Monday, June 02, 2008

PRSP term test

There can only be one reason for any and every action.
Instinct.



Had a PRSP term test today.

Saw Kuan Wei on the way to the examination location, so I went with him. Halfway, we saw Jian Shun, Aaron and Jurene sitting on a bench, while Shi Hui and Khai Ming standing up, the five of them chatting, and we went to join them. Turns out Jian Shun, who has not buy his PRSP textbook yet, was going around begging others to lend him their textbooks for the term test (this term test is an open-book one).

We went to the exam location and hang around at the corridot outside, waiting for the invigilators to let us in. Was hanging around with Melvin, Yong Han, Jian Shun, Qiyang and Jurene, the latter of the three kept talking about Neosteam, lol. A while later, we were allowed in.

Holy shit, I didn't know that you can just fold the wall between two classrooms in, and combine the two classrooms into one huge classroom! O________O

Okay, the term test was pretty easy for an open-book test. I don't even know why they bothered to ask questions like "State what is the difference between a class-level method and world-level method", and "Explain why a condition checking must be used in an indefinite loop." This isn't testing our knowledge, this is testing our ability to find the pages in the textbook we need and our ability to copy the text from the textbook. *rolls eyes*

I forgot how to change a number into a string. Big deal. I guess there's three marks off or something. Meh.

Oh yeah. I just forgot. I'm a pessimistic, right...? ...... Okay.

Sigh!! I'll surely fail this test!! T____T

Me, being a stupid idiot not knowing that tests are OTOT (Own Time Own Target), went to read Chapter 10 of the textbook about Java waiting for the invigilator to announce the end of the test, until I realized that everyone has left, and that I can leave too as long as I've finished my test. -.- Noticing that I was simply wasting my time reading the textbook when I can be home and playing Warcraft, I took my stuff and left.

Must admit, I owe Jurene one. Walked past her table on my way to submit my answer booklet, saw her writing the question numbers on the cover and realized that I forgot to write the question numbers on the cover of my answer booklet. :x Thanks, Jurene! :D

Lol, interestingly, there are so-called "Self-Review Questions" in the PRSP textbook at the back of Chapter 10 while I was reading it in the examination venue, and this question caught my eye.

How many bits are there in each of the following? How many bytes are there in each?
  1. 12KB (98,304 bits. 12,288 bytes)
  2. 5MB (41,943,040 bits. 5,242,880 bytes)
  3. 3GB (25,769,803,776 bits. 3,221,225,472 bytes)
  4. 2TB *17,592,186,044,416 bits. 2,199,023,255,552 bytes)
My answers are in brackets. Notice how huge the numbers get. And I did this shit without a calculator, having left it in my bag! XD



Dear Mr CHUA WEI LIANG,
Thank you for registering for your National Service(NS). You have been granted deferment from NS till MAR 2011 to pursue your DIPLOMA IN GAME & ENTERTAINMENT TECHNOLOGY course at TEMASEK POLYTECHNIC.


:D

No comments: