Thursday, November 22, 2007

Ah, I feel shitty

Sigh... I think I fell sick. Developed a stupid fever. I should take my body temperature, but I dump my thermometer into my school bag, and who knows where in the name of Lord Saradomin did I dump my bag to. I haven't been using it ever since the beginning of the 'O' levels period, which is, whoa, a pretty long time if you ask me. Exactly a month, in fact.

Nmaa, gotta get my lazy ass off and search for my bag. Come to think of it, it'll be much easier compared to searching for Particle E anyway.

Ah, shit. I found my bag, but my thermometer is no longer inside. Major bummer.

Still, life goes on. Sigh... It'd be wonderful if someone can create a panacea that heals all kinds of diseases. Then sickness and illness will no longer bug humanity. It'd be great, wouldn't it? :D

Sucks to be doctors though, losing their rice bowls in almost an instant. :P

Okay, now to blog about today.

Stupid work... Andy took a leave today, since it is his prom tonight (proms are a waste of money in my very, very humble opinions ^_^). He took a leave tomorrow as well, since he expects to be with his friends 'til 6am in the morning, lol, so Hong Wei and I were left alone. XD

Hong Wei and I met up at Tampines MRT Station at 6.25am. He was sitting at the staircase facing Tampines Mall with earphones stuff up into both of his ears, so I thought I'd give him a surprise. ^_^ I crept up to him and wanted to violently tap his shoulders, shouting in his ears to shock him, but damn, that guy is too alert, lol. He turned his back about two seconds before my "attack", rendering it ineffective; he didn't get shocked. Awwww. D:

Somehow, my throat felt extremely dry. Hope it's just a simple sore throat, nothing worse. :( Well, thanks to that, I always feel thirsty, even though it is only one second after I drank water, and when I try to ignore it, well, it gets worse. So I'd keep throwing water into my mouth, as if trying to flood my insides, but no good. I only end up with a full stomach. -.-

So, yup, thanks to that, combined with the fact that my water bottle is empty (I only refill them at the water cooler at the factory), I was forced to enter Cheers (the convenience store at Tampines MRT, which is probably the only place I can buy drinks from at that time of the day) and buy something to quench my never ending thirst.

Cheers, that place where only the rich thrive. Shit in there are expensive, anyone seeking to object this statement has no reason to back him or her up. I was jokingly looking at the beers, lmao, when Hong Wei said, "You should drink milk instead." I asked why, and he answered, "因为啤酒伤身体 (Because beer harms health)" Lmao! XD That's one sentence from the lyrics of 牛仔很忙 (Cowboy On The Run) by Jay Chou. :P

Thankfully, Hong Wei spotted a sign that says, "2 H2O for $2.15". Hey, that's cheap (for Cheers, at least :P)! I bought two, but only bothered to take two dollars out, asking Hong Wei to pay the remaining fifteen cents for me. XP I gave him one of the two bottles I bought of course, and I started to drink it slowly to calm my burning throat down, but Hong Wei kept his inside his bag, with me not knowing when he is going to unleash that horror he sealed.

We went up to the bus to wait, but finding it too cold, I decided to go down and wait. Messed around with the Self-service Automated Machine (SAM) available at the MRT Station. :P I pressed the button to buy World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade, which is on sale at SAM for $59.90 each. For quantity, I keyed in 999, the maximum amount, which results in a payment of $59 840.10. XD I tried to press "OK", but it told me "Maximum amount exceeded". XD

Then, Hong Wei came, with the intention of telling me to get on board the bus, as it is about to leave. I joked, "Hey, Hong Wei, blanjah me World of Warcraft, and later I treat you roti prata for breakfast." XD I was only intending to treat him two roti pratas for today, lmao, but then he asks, "So for how many months do you have to keep treating me roti pratas? I'll get bored of eating it, you know?" XD

So, trying to continue the joke, I asked, "So how many days of roti prata do I have to treat you?" He replies, "Hmm... Make it two months." So I calculated, sixty days of two roti pratas each will cost seventy-two dollars (at that time during calculation, I forgot that the cost of roti prata rised from sixty cents to seventy cents ). Then I replied, "Then wouldn't I lose twelve dollars?" He replies, "That's how installments works." XD

I swear, I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, and here I will say it again. The freaking place at which I work is worse than the Siberian winters. WORSE. Fucking hell, the urge inside me to burn some damn letters for warmth was great. Seriously, man, no kidding, it was so cold that I was practically freezing. I had to keep going out and doing "photosynthesis" under the sun, under the pretext of "using the toilet". Now my colleagues all know that I'm a kid who likes the toilet so much he pops in there every half an hour or so. -_______-

Seriously, man, and to think they can put posters in the office depicting saving electricity. Just fucking turn off the aircons and you'll save a whole shit of electricity, damn it. Why fucking create a Boomerang Nebula environment for workers, damn it? Who's gonna pay for the medical fees when they fell sick because they are forced to spend at least eight hours everyday working in a place worse than absolute zero? If you know the answer, please tell me, I'd like to claim money. That stupid coldness has made me develop a fucking fever. =.=

Due to feeling cold, I wanted to drink something warm for breakfast, but hmmm, I can't find any drinks good, so I decided to once again drink coca-cola, but this time, warm it up with boiling water. XD So, to get boiling water, I had to order half-boiled eggs, lol, and might as well, to make the picture complete, two slices of kaya toast as well. I tried dipping the plastic cup of coca-cola, along with ice inside, into the boiling water, but guess what? The ice didn't melt, the coca-cola didn't warm, but instead, the boiling water cools. -____-

Well, I have a theory about it. On the surface of the plastic cup are water droplets, formed through condensation due to the cold coca-cola. As they have just condensed from gas, those water droplets should be at a rather low temperature, and when the cup was dipped into the boiling water, the water droplets, coming into contact immediately with the boiling water, cools it down right away. On the other hand, the heat of the boiling water was unable to travel to the coca-cola inside the plastic cup, because plastic is a bad conductor of heat. That was why there was still ice inside the cup. Or at least, that is what I theorize.

Tomorrow, I'm not pouring the coca-cola from the can into the cup. Instead, I will just dip the aluminum can into the boiling water. -_- Metal conducts heat, so I'm sure I'll succeed in drinking warm coca-cola. XD

During lunch, I got to change my routine from prawn noodles to fishball noodles, finally. XD Hong Wei took out the H2O we bought this morning and thus saves money from having to buy drinks. XD He didn't want to eat anything at first, believing he was quite full initially, but still ended up having to eat something. He went to buy something like a roti prata, but instead rolled up to look like a cone. My first reaction: "Oh my God! It's a Party Hat! Don't eat it! Sell it for 300M instead!" XD Spoken like a true addicted RuneScape player. XD

Oh, and the two of us saw the same girl with that short ponytail reminding me of Angeline's whom Andy and I saw two days ago again, haha. :P

After lunch, Hong Wei and I went to the back of the factory to do some "photosynthesis". Ah, embrace the warm Sun. :) Of course, we took some photos as well. XD

Lol, Hong Wei was shy and refused to let me take a picture of him, so I instead asked him to take one of me, using that 3.2 megapixel camera of his. XD He captured the picture while I was still talking though. -.-



Anyway, how was I able to see with eyes as squinty as that? XD

In return, I tried to take a photograph of Hong Wei, but that guy was too focus on his handphone, trying to send the photo of me to me via Bluetooth. XD





There's our factory you see in the background. XD

Shortly before work ends, I asked Hong Wei if we can walk to Tampines Mall instead of taking the bus, as I find the bus too cold. Seriously, take away more of my heat and I'll scream. -____- I didn't choose to convince, persuade, force or blackmail, because I know that if Hong Wei agrees, he'll regret it later, so I just chose to wait in silence, and after a while, he agreed.

I was right on the spot, because while walking there halfway, he expressed his regret at agreeing. XD On the way, I told him a lot of crap on how we should try and increase global warming, lol. You can just tell that the severe coldness was a real pain in the ass to me, to resort to dramatic actions like this. XD I was telling him how we should burn our unused textbooks, workbooks, notes and worksheets, to try and increase global warming. Makes the world a better place to live in; no one can thrive in cold conditions. XD

Do you know how many people die of coldness due to winter? I am willing to bet that it is even much more than the number of people who died during Hitler's Holocaust, Stalin's Purge and Mao's Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution COMBINED.

Or we can try to counter inflation and burn notes as well. With less money in circulation, its value increase, and thus, prices will no doubt decrease. I'm sure you've heard of your parents recounting their childhood? "Back when I was your age, my pocket money each day was only fifty cents! And you still think five dollars isn't enough and want to raise it?" "Back in those old days, five cents was enough to get me a hot bowl of fish ball noodles!" Want the prices to go back to those good ol' days before inflation kicks in? Sure! Just burn your money! XD

We finally reached Tampines Mall and went to Popular. Hmm, no new manga there. D: Hong Wei went and look at the sketch books, thinking of buying one. I asked him, "So, why do you want to buy a sketch book? Going to draw stuff? What, want to be a mangaka? If you published a manga, I'll be the first to buy it, then scan and upload it online so everyone across the world can read your manga. But then no one will buy your manga." XD

While waiting for him looking at those sketch books, I walked around and saw magnets on sale. One said "heavy duty", so I thought it must be pretty strong. I found a metal ruler nearby, but what the heck, the magnet can't even attract the ruler, even though there is a plastic covering between them! What "heavy duty"? Bullshit, lol! Damn strong magnets can have magnetic fields that penetrate plastic, lol.

We went to Comic Connection at Century Square for manga. After searching for a long time, I finally found Pokémon Adventures volume 25. :D Finally, man! After the long wait of five months! :D The label said $8.50, but after paying $10, I got a change of $3.20! Sweet! :D That was a huge discount, lol.

I wanted to go into the arcade and play as well, but hmm, for some strange reason, Hong Wei didn't want to. :(

And whoa, on the bus back home, I saw a girl with a laptop watching some video on VeohTV. XD Just finds it strange and decided to take a photo for no apparent reason, lmao. XD



And oh, while on the second stop (which is coincidentally also the stop next to Sean's house XD), a man wearing a Mao Zedong T-shirt came in. After looking at it, I was like O_O! for fifteen seconds or so. Wow, what's the chance of that happening? I thought Mao Zedong's Cult of Personality was only around China, but guess I was wrong, lol.

No comments: