Monday, November 05, 2007

Social Studies 'O' level

*prepares self for a loooooong blog* :) Let's see... Where should I start first?

I took this conversation from Vernon's tagboard in his blog.

TANIA :D: wahseh. so thick skin! tsktsk.
Quake: tania - nvm one lah ^^ thick skin good leh got natural armour =p
TANIA :D: haha so i should be sad that im so humble? ;D haha you need natural armour for what. i think i need it more ;D
Quake: tania - n u dun need armor. i will protect u ^^ LOL
TANIA :D: haha so you agree that im humble too? ;D haha you protect me? sure or not. dont go back on your words ahh ;D

Lol, Vernon sure has matured a lot ever since his birthday, huh? Look, he's even become much more manly and gentleman. The duty of protecting ladies is a sacred and noble task that all honourable men should bravely uphold! Go, Vernon! XD

I can't believe it, lol, but after just one week of starting the series, I have even finished reading the manga Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE. Well, not technically "finished reading", just caught to the latest chapter, which is Chapter 171 at the moment. Can't believe that I finish reading a manga in one week which took four years to draw. XD

So, yup, guess Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE is going to join my "ongoing manga that I read", in which I would always faithfully wait every week for the next chapter to come out. XD Let's see, adding to the list of One Piece, Bleach and School Rumble... Hmm, now I have four ongoing manga... XD

Some major spoilers for Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE ahead. If you want to skip the spoilers, scroll down until you meet the horizontal ruler and continue reading below it. ;)

Major Spoilers Warning
Major Spoilers Warning
Major Spoilers Warning

So, yup, appears the whole time the guy traveling together with Sakura-chan, Kurogane, Fay and Mokona is nothing but a fake, an imposter, a clone. Sigh, reading Wikipedia is bad for health, lol, there is just too many spoilers there, so I found out about that a long time ago. Didn't take me long to shift all of my support from Clone Syaoran to the real Syaoran, haha.

Well, I used to support the Clone Syaoran because he's cool, cares for cute Sakura-chan (XD) and his swordsmanship is just great, but guess he's just a clone, haha. A villainous one, in fact. Seriously, one just can't help but pity Fay. His left eye got eaten by that damned Clone Syaoran. Ouch, that seriously gotta hurt, man... Not forgetting that was disgusting... To be honest, it was disgusting enough in the manga, I don't really look forward to watching it animated in the OVAs Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations...

But still, I guess that people like me, who used to support Syaoran whole-heartedly (he's just so freaking cool you can't help but support him... XD), are going to feel greatly depressed knowing their hero turns evil almost at a blink of an eye, even costing the death of a companion... Luckily for us though, there's still the original Syaoran! :D

Look at it this way. The reason as to why clone Syaoran can have such a huge change in personality was because half of original Syaoran's heart was returned back to original Syaoran, so he doesn't have a heart of his own, right? That means that for most of the reasons that we support him (other than his fighting abilities and swordsmanship, of course), they are there because of the existence of half of original Syaoran's heart inside him... So, think, if half of that heart was returned to original Syaoran, then wouldn't that mean that the original Syaoran is twice as good as what the clone Syaoran used to be in terms of personality (since the original Syaoran, with half of his heart returned, has now two halves of his heart? o.O This statement sounds sooo weird, lol)?

And besides, whatever clone Syaoran feels and experiences in the beginning, the original Syaoran feels and experiences it as well? So it's as if the original Syaoran has been together with them throughout the journey, right?

I can just an easy solution. Let's just shift all of our support from clone Syaoran to original Syaoran. XD He's much, much better than that ruthless bastard clone. :P

And come to think of it, I find it cool that Syaoran (it's going to get insulting if we keep referring to Syaoran as "original Syaoran", man... -.-) has the same sword as the Syaoran from Cardcaptor Sakura, lol. He even has two of CCS Syaoran's elemental attacks, namely Raitei Shourai (雷帝招来; Emperor of Thunder, Answer my call!; a thunder-elemental range attack) and Fuuka Shourai (風華招来; Petals of Wind, Answer my call!; a wind-elemental range attack). I wonder if he has the other two of CCS Syaoran's elemental attacks, lol, namely Kashin Shourai (火神招来; God of Fire, Answer my call!; a fire-elemental range attack), which is obviously my favorite (^_^), and lastly, Suiryuu Shourai (水龍招来; Dragon of Water, Answer my call!; a water-elemental range attack). Hope he can, lol.

And yeah, I find it discriminating to Syaoran that he gets referred to as "Syaoran" in the manga (with the quotation marks), which the clone villain gets called Syaoran (without the quotation marks). That's a huge unjust to Syaoran, man. -.-

And lastly, I would like to express my confusion with Fay's past. I don't understand it... o.o Maybe I'll wait for it to be animated, lol. After all, animes seems to be able to explain concepts much more clearly and easily than mangas, especially when it comes to fights and confusing storylines.

Okay, two images from the manga to end this. :)



Syaoran looks so cool unleashing his Raitei Shourai. ^_^



CLAMP should give Syaoran's sword (the same sword from CCS, I presume) a name, lol. Seriously.



I don't know why, lol, but I suddenly decided to start re-using my iPod nano, which I spent three hundred bucks on out of my poor bank account [which is running very, very thin, to my disappointment :(], but left it on the shelf collecting dust after I bought my handphone, which has mp3 functions and can act as a decent substitute for my iPod.

Well, both has its advantages and disadvantages, I believe that was my reason as I decided to start re-using my iPod, to make use of the various advantages of both, so I was like, "Nmaa..." as I start to charge my iPod yesterday and dump music into it (the music I found on my iPod nano, ew... Stopped listening to them aeons ago... XD)

Now, as I am blogging, I'm listening to *~Asterisk~, first opening of Bleach, on my iPod nano, haha.

Guess I should start blogging about today. Today is the day for the Social Studies 'O' level paper, whoohooo.

As usual, after checking which classroom in which I will be having my exam and where do I sit (was the usual place of the second row from the front, the column at the most right; behind Jasmine, beside Huiping and in front of Elsen), I went to the benches at the second floor, and there they are, sitting exactly on the same benches as I found them everyday last week, the guys from 4R1, today frantically revising Social Studies.

Rather surprisingly, I arrived earlier than Vernon did. O_O A while later, the bub comes along, talks to Yong Jin for a while and went ahead to the classroom alone. I went off and caught up with him and went together to the classroom, haha. Then, Yoshida comes later, and the three of us started doing some last-minute revision for Social Studies.

A while later, the invigilators arrive, and we start the paper. Something unbelievable had actually happened. Everyone, upon the instruction "You may begin now.", flips open the exam booklet, finds out, to our surprise, that the Source-Based Questions were based on something totally out of our textbooks, and started to express their shock openly, audibly and clearly! Yes, during the start of an exam, candidates complaining openly! That was unbelievable, man... I even went along and added in a, "Win already lor!" XD

Yup, the Source-Based Questions were about something totally out of our textbooks. It was about the nuclear arm race between, of all countries, India and Pakistan. *rolls eyes*

Source B in particular pisses me off so much I feel like killing that guy. I took a look at the notes printed in small print at the back of the exam booklet (during the free time I had after I finished my paper, of course), and found out that the source was obtained from BBC News' website, so I went around trying to look for it. Took me quite a long time, because the original source made a lot of grammatical mistakes and errors (so much that he fails in life), so the setters of the paper apparently put in the effort to correct them (looking at how many he made, must be one hell of a job). Thanks to the setters for saving us from headache-inducing mistakes that only noobs would make. Anyway, I'm not as good as the setter, so I'll just post the original source...

I am sure that every Indian is proud at this momemnt . First I would like to congratulate the Indian scientists on their success !!!
Secondly, the Indian Government, which took a bold decision on India's security aspects.
Now nobody (especially the US ) can dictate terms to India and we are going to be world players. Ofcourse India has to face the economic sanctions imposed by world countries. India, the largest democracy in the world will overcome this period of uncertainity with full vigour as we have proved in the past.
India, has already informed world leaders that the doors for peace talks are always open, and India will never use it's nuclear power for destructive purposes.
R. Venkatachlam, India
Talking Point - Should India have carried out nuclear tests? Yes - it is India's right

Makes you seriously feel like beating the crap out of this guy, right? I really felt like kicking his sorry arse so hard he'll kiss the moons (*cough* reference to Chrono Cross ;) *cough*) I even included the name of the bastard, so anyone sharing the same view as me, you know who to chop up to a million pieces. Heck, you can even invite me to join your crusade. I'll 拔刀相助 (literally to draw one's sword to give assistance; help to right a wrong for the sake of justice) without even a second thought, let's all work together to prevail justice and slay evil. :)

And the Source-Based Questions, holy shit... The History teacher (because the Social Studies teacher is completely unreliable) states that Venice has a very, very low chance of coming out again this year, since it has already came out last year, but here Venice is, coming out again. And it is the ONLY chapter which I did not study for! O_O The other two chapters are on Population and Sustainable Development. Personally, I doubted that Population would come out, so I merely read through it briefly. Thus, I don't think it can be made any more plain that I went and do the Sustainable Development question. XD

And wow, take a look. All three questions are from chapters in the Sec 4 textbook. Wow. In other words, anyone who only relies on questions from the Sec 3 textbook coming out and focuses primarily on studying chapters in the Sec 3 textbook, they are all screwed. :S

After the paper, Vernon and I went out of school together, lol.

After school, my parents suddenly decided to go to grandfather's house to pay him a visit, and so I went along as well. o.O

My father's car ran out of fuel, lol. The needle of the fuel gauge was pointing towards the big letter "E".



(No, "E" is in no way representing Ephraim)

My father says that E stands for Enough and F stands for Finished, so your tank is full when the needle points to E and empty when it points to F. o.O

XD

Strange, it reminds me of a certain advice Yujun's father gave. o.O Last time, Yujun's father was giving Hong Wei and I free rides back home when his car runs out of fuel. He then tells us that the four of us (Yujun and Yuchi included) that he always refill the gas tank every time it reaches halfway to empty, and advises us to do the same, as this good habit would ensure that you would rarely run out of fuel, which can be a pain in the ass if you are in a hurry.

Good advice. I'm surprised I still remember that. XD

Well, there wasn't anything much to do in grandfather's house to be honest... :P Though his house always receives deliveries of TODAY everyday, so he has a stack of them. I took two of them, read some of the articles and did the Sudoku puzzles inside them. XD

And hey, I found interesting articles and cartoons inside the newspaper, so I'll share them. :P

KPE or racetrack?:
And it seemed as if some motorists were gearing up for next year's Formula 1 race in Singapore by registering more than twice the tunnel's speed limit of 70km/h.

LOL! XD Let's all go to KPE and drive at 140km/h in preparation for next year's F1 race!! XD

And then there's another one. First, read this:

It has all the ingredients of a blockbuster novel.

Part 1: In a faraway land, gutsy heroes thrown up by the vagaries of fate held clandestine meetings in a dusty basement to plot the downfall of a powerful, repressive regime back home.

A hard-fought struggle ensued. One that involved sleeping with a conniving enemy and high-stakes political manoeuvring. Unscathed, the protagonists emerged triumphant.

Part 2: The euphoria of victory was cut short: The brave men were dealt a crushing blow when their biggest ally cast them aside.

With their backs against the wall, our heroes faced seemingly-insurmountable odds. Yet, once again, they emerged victorious as a nation was born.


Sounds exciting, right? :D

Until you add the brackets back into the article, pointing out what the nouns are referring to.

How to make Singapore Story a good sell:
IT HAS all the ingredients of a blockbuster novel.

Part 1: In a faraway land (read: England), gutsy heroes thrown up by the vagaries of fate (read: the founding members of People's Action Party) held clandestine meetings in a dusty basement to plot the downfall of a powerful, repressive regime (read: British colonialists) back home.

A hard-fought struggle ensued. One that involved sleeping with a conniving enemy (read: the communists) and high-stakes political manoeuvring. Unscathed, the protagonists emerged triumphant.

Part 2: The euphoria of victory was cut short: The brave men were dealt a crushing blow when their biggest ally (read: Malaysia) cast them aside.

With their backs against the wall, our heroes faced seemingly-insurmountable odds. Yet, once again, they emerged victorious as a nation was born.

That, in essence, is the Singapore Story.


Gives you a strong urge to shout, "CHAY!", doesn't it? XD



Feel free to... uh... use your fertile imagination on this one. XD I wonder what the flight attendant is thinking at that moment, lmao.



Can someone please kindly enlighten me how getting kids to wear stupid costumes like this and marching around in hot and humid Singapore help to raise awareness to protect endangered species...?

After staying at grandfather's house for a while (sigh, another one standing in my way of wanting to enter the Polytechnic. They just don't get it that I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO A JC, do they? Sigh...), we next went to grandmother's house. o.O As my father puts it, "Let's visit all of their houses in a day". Yeah, sure, this will bring forth a lot of convenience, right? Well, since we had already went to my grandparents' houses, we might as well visit our relatives too. Let's go to Dave's house, then Mark's house next. I'm sure we can slot in some time for visiting Edmond's house as well. *shifty eyes*

Lol, since there was almost absolutely nothing to do in grandmother's house, I took my laptop along and went reading The Scheme of Suzumiya Haruhi. :P

After spending about two hours there, we went home. On the way, along the expressway, we saw a really short car. I took some photos.







Man, such a short car just seems perfect for Ephraim, doesn't it? XD

No comments: