Friday, November 09, 2007

Looking for jobs

I'll blog quickly and briefly, because I rather use the time to play Final Fantasy X. :P

So, yup, Hong Wei and I, wanting to find jobs while waiting for our 'O' level results during the holidays, decided to meet up at Tampines MRT Station at 2.30pm, going around looking for jobs in the shopping centres.

But before that, I went to Yuchi's house first at 2pm, because I want to borrow his Final Fantasy X to play. :P

Hong Wei and I met up, and guess what was our first destination? Comic Connection in Century Square. ^_^" Whoohooo, Bleach volume 30 came out. Needless to say, of course I bought it. XD Hong Wei wants to buy the latest volume of Air Gear but there was no stock left. Aww, poor Hong Wei.

We went walking around Century Square, looking out for shops that are hiring, but we can only find one, which requires us to call someone, so neither of us could be bothered and we ignored it. XD

We then went to Tampines Mall. We decided to try our luck at Toys 'R' Us, since I figured out that a lot of employees should be required there, as children always come and mess things up. XD But when we got there, a rather hidden sign that says "No Jobs Available" greeted us. ^_^"

We then went to next-door Popular. Hong Wei saw his secondary school friend there, apparently accompanying yet another of his secondary school friend (who went off somewhere) who, like us, is trying to look for a job. XD We got two application forms and were asked to fill it. Seriously, man, these kinds of forms asked too much. Why do they need to know our parents' ages...? =.= I pity Hong Wei's father though, Hong Wei had to call home and ask, "老爸,你今年几岁? (Dad, how old are you this year?)" XD I laughed out so loud when he asked that, lol!

Next, we decided to take a break. We went to the same staircase between the basement and the first floor in Tampines Mall where Sean, Hong Wei and I decided to take a rest during the day we went out for basketball. We also bought some snacks to eat as well. We got a bottle of coca-cola each, a packet of Twisties (it's been a long time since I ate Twisties, lol), barbecued flavour (which I ate most of it ), and he bought some takoyaki as well. I was also reading my newly bought volume of Bleach. :P

Another job application form requires the IC of our parents, for some weird reason. Damn it, don't ask for weird information!! Now Hong Wei calls his father and asks, "老爸,你的IC是什么? (Dad, what's your IC?)" I pity Hong Wei's father, lol, his son practically knows nothing about him! XD



So far we filled in three application forms, and submitted two. We're going to submit the third one later. Wonder if we would have any luck... Hmmm...


Do you know why humans have dreams? Sleeping is divided into Rapid Eye Movement (REM) and Non Rapid Eye Movement (NREM), and they go in periodic cycles. NREM occurs for the first few hours after a person falls asleep, with the brain usually in a stasis-like state during this stage. The stage in which the body is unconscious, while the brain becomes slightly active is known as REM, and dreams will occur in this stage. By morning, REM will have increased in frequency, meaning almost everyone will dream until they wake up. I dream every night, but as I usually wake up late every time, I'm in such a hurry to go to school that I usually forget what I've dreamed. Yet sometimes I'll suddenly remember a long forgotten dream I had years ago. It's really amazing how a human's memories are structured.
Lol, that was taken from Chapter 7 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, which was the introducing paragraph before the whole thing about Kyon and Haruhi "having a dream" together (in which Kyon confesses that, "Actually... Ponytails turn me on." That's unforgettable alright. XD).

Lol, so yup, I had yet another strange dream, whoohooo. -.- Note that I am being sarcastic, I surely well do not enjoy weird dreams. If only we can click "Tools > Options" and configure how many hours of REM sleep we want and how many hours of NREM sleep we want. XD
Judging from the results, humans are usually content with their current states. Those who aren't, however, will try to invent or discover something to advance civilization. Someone wanted to fly so they invented airplanes. Someone wanted to travel easily so automobiles and trains were made. But, those things were created by people who possessed special talents. Only a genius can convert those imaginings into reality. We ordinary mortals should just live our lives fully. We shouldn't act impulsively just because we feel adventurous.
Another quote from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, this time it's from Chapter 1. :P

Noooo! Don't look at me! I doubt I'd be able to invent a system that allows humans to set how many hours of REM sleep and NREM sleep they want!!! XD

Okay, let's start. Well, I was playing the FFX International that Yuchi has lent me all the way up to Malacania Temple. I hate having to do the Cloister of Trials. Definitely hate it. It always makes me dizzy and get a headache, because of the constantly changing camera angles, as well as because it is both puzzling and confusing. The Cloister of Trials in Malacania Temple was no different. Soon, I got such a terrible headache that I forced myself to stop playing (luckily there's just a Save Sphere nearby that we can save at anytime, right?), and decided to lie in bed and rest until I was ready to continue. It was evening then, by the way, at a time of around 5.30pm.

Though inevitably, I had fallen asleep instead. ^___^"

And very obviously, I had the strange dream next.

Well, let's see, how should I start...

The setting is in school. There was an in-class briefing on drugs. I'd like to note that our seating arrangement has changed completely. Usually, I was {after all, it's "was" because it's, sigh, already over, haha... After 'O' levels has finished [and that's like, what, four days ago, when Biology Paper 1 (the latest paper that I know of) ends], we would be considered no longer in this class known as 4R2, but instead separates and moves on to JCs, Polytechnics, other institutes and such. Sad, now I came to think about it...} sitting in the bottom-left hand corner (that is when one is looking straight down at the classroom, with the whiteboard at the most top. Use your imagination.) of the classroom with Yoshida, but in my dream, we were all sitting with our tables separated (just like during tests and examinations, and the seating arrangements you always see in school-based animes like School Rumble and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, which I assume is the standard seating arrangement for Japanese schools), and I was somewhere in the middle of the left column.

(There are too many brackets in the above paragraph, I just have to make the main part stand out so it is easier to read. :)

So yup, coming to think about the class-briefing on drugs, our teacher ended with a very, very stupid question, "So, does anyone here take drugs? Please confess if you do." Very stupid, right? I mean, connecting us with the people who take drugs? Now, c'mon, it's just a downright insult to say that we take drugs. Of course I had to do something about it to return that insult.

I like my courageous dream self, man, because I had already defiantly, loudly and yet confidently, adding in a tone of sarcasm, replied to the teacher (in such loudness that I believe the whole class can hear), "Yeah, sure, don't you know? Every single one of the students in your class takes drug. Why not take our urine samples and determine exactly which drugs we take?" XD

By the way, in case you can't tell,
1. That reply is sarcastic. There's no way any of my classmates can take drugs. -_____-
2. This is still a dream, and thus, I have no control over what I dream, or even my actions inside my dream. In case you can't tell what a dream is, maybe I'd like Yoshida, our dear Death God, send you on an eternal dream. -______-

Of course, the whole class was shocked by my comment, haha, but what happens afterwards, it's either I forget it, or I didn't actually dream about it. Of course, the possibility of the former happening is much higher. We always just forget our dreams, don't we? ^_^" Pity, I want to know the teacher's reaction, lol. Either way, who cares? It's just a dream, they can do whatever punishment they want. Heck, they can even give me the death penalty (I'd like to note that what I said is true as long as it is in a dream. ^_^"), I'm used to dying in dreams. For some real weird reason, I always have dreams of free-falling when I was a kid. -.-

Though after waking up, I decided that since I was being defiant, I might as well go all the way, and add, "Don't you know that the whole class is in the business of drugs consumption and trade? Those with register numbers odd are in charge of importing, while the ones with even register numbers are in charge of exporting. Needless to say, we are all consumers. ^_^" Okay, now that I think about it, that's taking it really too far, lol.

Next "scene", I was outside school, having lunch alone. Somehow I knew that after having lunch, I need to go back to school, though I don't know exactly why, whether is it supplementary classes or enrichment classes.

My lunch was fairly simple, walking around shops buying what I want to eat instead of just staying in a restaurant and eat like I usually do in real life. That's weird, eh?

I remember buying a bread with ice-cream inside, then going to another shop to buy a packet of sweets (of which I am jealous... The supply of sweets in my house has been depleted... T_T). While exiting out of the shop, I met Chengkang, one of my classmates, haha, and I decided to walk along him (since we are all returning to school anyway). So, he saw me eating, and asked to have one. So I grabbed my bread, tear off a small portion and give it to him. He laughed at the small size of the bread I gave him (signifying my stinginess ^_^") but ate it nevertheless (in one bite, I may add ^_^").

Somehow, this has coincides with Chengkang (as in the one in real life o.O)'s personality (or at least, what I presume, lol, as I do not really interact with him much). I always see him as someone who, when seeing that his friend is eating something, would want a piece or two of it too. XD Well, Chengkang, if you are reading this, and you believe that you are definitely NOT like this, then I'm sorry! ^_^"

And after that, I met some Malay kids. There were five of them, two boys and three girls. Oh, and I would like to note that they look very young. I'd estimate around seven years old. So, for some weird reason, the two Malay kids decided to attack me, but seeing them being so young, I decided that maybe it wouldn't be such a good thing to retaliate, until one jumps up onto me and touches me on my neck. Freaking hell, I can feel my neck burning as I struggled to get him off me.

Then, Sean (the Sean in my class this year, 4R2, not the primary school friend Sean) comes running, and looking terribly surprised, he said that there's alcohol in the boy's hand. So somehow, inside my dream, I'm like, "Oh! No wonder! Alcohol has a burning effect, doesn't it?" Which strangely contradicts in real life. Alcohol does not burn your skin, does it? o.O Whatever. Dreams are meant to be ridiculous.

So, struggling against the "burning effect" of alcohol, I tried to shake the boy off me, but I couldn't. Sean wanted to help, but he started hesitating, as anyone would when asked to hit such a young (though $#%@ing irritating) boy. I don't even know why he is attacking me by the way, lol. So, yeah, Sean hesitates, but then I started to hold off the boy, but somehow, I decided not to hit him myself, instead shouting for Sean to "deal the finishing blow" instead, rofl, shouting at him to encourage him and stating that I will take full responsibility. Lmao. So he prepares to strike...

...and I wake up. =.= Some stupid psychological effect must have made my brain think that I really got alcohol (assuming they have those stupid burning effects in my ridiculous dream, of course) on my neck, so it itches so much it forces me to wake up. Worse, it itches so much I can't get back to sleep. That's why I'm up here blogging. -.-

Oh, I would like to add that Sean hesitating but finally attacking under my encouragement in my dream really reminds me of typical shounen manga. Some characters will hesitate, especially when the party needs them the most, but then they shout encouragements at them, and then they finally do it. Lol.

Okay, I admit it, my dream is lame. =.=

No comments: