Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Geography 'O' level Paper 1

Lol, while burning logs in RuneScape today, some guy came up to me, wanting to buy the Air Staff I am holding in my hand (to facilitate teleportation, as most teleport spells require Air Runes). And he actually offered 4.5k for it. O_O

Guess what I did after the sale? I went and grabbed three Air Runes, one Fire Rune and one Law Rune out of my bank immediately after the trade, teleported to Varrock, went inside the Staff Shop and bought another one, for 1.5k. XD

Instant 3k profit, lol. Oh, and I got 10 Law Runes from a Prison Pete Random Event just now, so I'm not too worried about the cost of teleportation. XD

Oh, and among the Random Events that I got today, I also got one that I have just encountered the first time today. I didn't even realize nor notice its existence until I got it, lol. Apparently, by referring to RuneScape's Knowledge Base page on Random Events, it was called "Surprise Exam!", lol.

Here's a screenshot I took of the teacher, Mr Mordaut, which (or should I use "who"? o.O) would be a really cool dragon if not for its spectacles, in my opinions.



And lmao, you know the TV size of the third One Piece opening, Hikari E, spends about twenty-five seconds in the beginning with a narrator saying (I think in the story, it was Gol D. Roger who said that):

"The world... Yes! Seek freedom, and your world will stand stretched out before your eyes. If the endless dream guides your spirits, Conquer it! Bear conviction behind your flag!"

While the full version of Hikari E only has the beginning tune without anyone saying anything for merely fifteen seconds before the song starts, right? Well, thinking that I like it better with Roger saying that (I like the quote after all XD), guess what I did?

I went to YouTube, look for a sufficiently loud video of a TV size Hikari E (I don't know why, but most Hikari E videos on YouTube are rather soft), download it as a mp3 file, used Windows Movie Maker, slap it onto the full version of Hikari E which I already have in my hard drive, and lol! XD I named it "Hikari E - Modified version" and wasted no time sending it to my handphone while Bluetooth and my iPod while iTunes, lol!

Wonder if anyone wants it, lol? I can send it to you. :3

Oh, and just now, I was reading The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya, the nineth novel of the Suzumiya Haruhi series (wow, I'm already on the nineth book!), when I came across an illustration showing Haruhi wearing a qipao and Mikuru wearing her usual maid costume. Since they looked so cute (), I couldn't resist saving that picture and using it as a wallpaper, haha, so here it is, my newest wallpaper! XD



Lol, Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE chapter 172 came out. Remember how in the ending of chapter 171, Syaoran kicks Seishirou at full force? Well, after all, Seishirou was the one who taught Syaoran his kicking techniques, so Seishirou looks pissed off about that, lol, and started giving hell to poor Syaoran. But seriously, a sword seemingly formed out of shadows that can bend at will and split into forks? Now that's freaking evil... Seishirou seemingly dealt the final blow and defeated Syaoran, but nope, not yet, the guy, like any standard shounen manga protagonist will do, just stands up again, refusing to admit defeat (like which shounen manga protagonist would?). He then attacks with a "Raitei Shourai", and this chapter ends. -___-

I blame the conversation between Fay and Tomoyo for dragging the fight. =.=

And oh, if Mokona continues to call Syaoran "Syaoran" (with the quotation marks), I'm going to start disliking it. -.- For God's sake, start calling him Syaoran (without the quotation marks) already.

Oh, and come to think of it, the word 翼 (read in Chinese as "yì" and in Japanese as "tsubasa", meaning "wing") is rather difficult to write, right? Then I thought of an easier way to remember how to write that word. Just split it up into "羽" (read in Chinese as "yǔ" and in Japanese as "hane", meaning "feather"), "田" (read in Chinese as "tián" and in Japanese as "ta", meaning "field") and "共" (read in Chinese as "gòng" and in Japanese as "tomo", meaning "all")! XD

Though why does "feather + field + all = wing", who knows? XD

And yup, last but not least, let me blog about school today. This morning was used for our Geography 'O' level Paper 1, as you can jolly well see on the title of this blog post.

It was drizzling this morning, sigh, so I had to take an umbrella with me as I went to school. I checked the seating arrangement. We were using the 4R1 classroom (the first time I am going in there if I am not mistaken), and the seating arrangement is exactly the same as during Geography 'O' level Paper 2. I get to sit at the last second row from the front, the second column from the left, beside Vernon (who's on my left by the way) and in front of Jasmine. :O

As usual, I went up to the second storey corridor filled with benches, but naturally, I wasn't expecting to see any 4R1 student at all, since not a single one of them takes Pure Geography (which is the subject of the paper today), but Elective Geography instead, so they don't have to come. Come to think of it, do all forty-plus of them all have the same subjects? O_O I should ask them when I have free time.

Though along the benches, I met someone I know: Kuan Hon [poor chap, I kept forgetting the exact spelling of his name (didn't know whether I should spell it as Kuan Hong, Guan Hon, Guan Hong, etc., among all kinds of variants) and had to keep referring to past blog entries just to check for the correct spelling :P]. He told me that Vernon hasn't come to school yet. Hmmm, I was definitely expecting Vernon to arrive earlier than me.

When I reached the 4R1 classroom, I saw, at the corridor outside the classroom, Vernon sitting there along with Particle E. Wait, wait, wait... How could I see Particle E outside the classroom...? ...... Anyway, I told Vernon that I wasn't expecting to see him there, lol, telling him about what Kuan Hon said. Vernon replied that he hasn't saw Kuan Hon yet today, so no wonder Kuan Hon was given the wrong impression. XD

A while later, Yoshida and Sean came, and Particle E went off to chat with Sean [or that is what I believe. Remember that I can't see Particle E? (You better forget everything... Remember I can't see Ephraim! You better forget everything... Remember, I don't have microscopic eyes! Wowo... Oops! Pardon me, I happen to be listening to D-tecnoLife at the moment :P)], leaving the three of us to chat. At first we were cramming stuff, then slowly and eventually but surely started getting bored, and guess what? Vernon and I ended up chatting about the PlayStation game Digimon: Digital Card Battle. o.O

When we were allowed to enter the classroom, Vernon and I took our seats, and being neighbours, gave each other eye contacts for confidence or something like that, lmao. XD A while later, Particle E comes in. Note his walking route on the image below (I think I'm too lazy to express this in words, and besides, why type a thousand words when I can just use a single image instead? Efficiency, pal, efficiency. XD):



Okay, time for some explanation. Vernon and I are already in our seats, while Ephraim walks into the classroom (his starting position denoted by the very small E that fits his size and name of Particle E :D). He walks east, looking a bit confused and blur, and when he reached the red cross, both Vernon and I, looking at him, have realized the same thing: The blur short idiot has so obviously forgot where he is sitting.

Well, Ephraim shares the same surname as Vernon of Chan after all (now you know how Yoshida got Ephraim's nickname of E-chan [look at the Wikipedia link and take note that "-chan", as a Japanese honorific, is meant to be diminutive ;)] XD), so it's obvious that the two of them are supposed to sit adjacent to each other (since the seating arrangement is according to our 'O' level index numbers, which is according to alphabetical order in classes. For example, Jasmine and I are sitting adjacent to each other because we share the same surname of Chua, right? ;) And I'm adjacent to Vernon too because our surnames both start with "Ch". For Yoshida, though, the very first letter of his name is at the opposite side of ours in alphabetical order, so that's why he was sitting on the other side of the classroom.]. I started pointing at Ephraim's seat (to see which direction I am pointing, look at the arrow representing my finger on the picture).

The foolish particle, he didn't appear to notice my finger pointing right at his seat (I forgot to mention that Vernon has already started laughing at his stupidity, though noting the fact that he has overshot his column, it's hard to refrain from laughing), so he started walking straight down, a confused look on his face, as if straining hard trying to remember just where the heck is he supposed to sit. Finally, at the purple cross, he sees my finger at last, goes "Ah!", an enlightened look on his face, and goes back to his seat. Vernon and I, naturally, were laughing out loud.

After all that, while waiting for the exam to start, I looked around my surroundings. Ah, the table adjacent to me diagonally behind me to my right was empty. I was wondering who was sitting on it for a rather short and brief while, then flushed it out of my mind, though about fifteen minutes later, after the exam started, a late Yuhaimi came in and sat down on that table, lol. So it was he who is late. The examiner was whispering instructions into his ears, lol, since he missed it when the examiner announced the instructions.

Well, the paper, hmmm, I don't know... It seems so easy that my very first reaction was that I wasted half an hour yesterday night studying Geography (which I got very bored just after fifteen minutes and went off to play Solitaire, and after that, RuneScape, later XD). I had enough time to do the paper twice, and twice I obtained the same set of forty answers, so I have came to this conclusion. Either I do quite well, or I freaking screwed up and did all forty questions wrong twice. I know I'm pessimistic. ^_^"

Oh, and I like it how the map is rather small. Not that big, still quite big, but at least it's a lot smaller than those maps we get while doing practice map-reading. And the grid squares all have intervals of 4cm, which was really convenient, makes it easy to draw grid squares. :D And haha, there's a "Vernon Hill" in the map! XD

After the paper, Vernon, Yoshida and I left together. Ah, such a rare occasion that the three of us went home together, seeing that most of the time, Yoshida takes his exam in another classroom. XD We were accompanied by latecomer Yuhaimi (:P), who told me, when I asked him after the exam, that he was late because he missed the bus. XD

Yup, that's it for today. I'm rather delighted that the next, and final, papers would take place on Monday, which mean I have a few days to start relaxing and enjoying, as if 'O' level has already ended! XD

No comments: