Thursday, November 15, 2007

First day at work

Hmm, okay, so today's the first day at work.

I hate having to wake up early, and waking up at 5.30am is considered one of the times when I hate to wake up at. But still, no choice, lol. Sigh... Hong Wei and I agreed to meet up at the MRT Station at 6.15am, and again, I ended up being the earlier, hehheh, I reached at 6.12am. Hong Wei came exactly at the spot, 6.15am, lol.

After waiting for about ten minutes, the bus to bring us to the factory came and we boarded it, but I find it too cold, lol, especially for a morning, so I decided to wait outside, where it is much warmer. The morning sky, hmm, it looks nice, haha. Sure makes it worth waking up at 5.30am just to see it.

Here are some pictures. I know the image quality is bad, because my 2 megapixel camera is inferior. D:



There was also a star there, which surprised me (heck! It's rare to see stars in the skies of Singapore!), but bleh, you can't see it in the picture.



Tampines Mall looks totally quiet and dark, haha, quite different from its afternoon counterpart.

We reached the factory at 7am.

So, what's our job about?

Simple. We take envelopes, take stamps and paste stamps onto those envelops. =.=

Well, sure sounds boring, doesn't it? Well, to be honest, it isn't that bad. Maybe it's because I got used to it, since I play RuneScape and all, but I find that even though it is rather repetitive and monotonous, I don't really find it boring, lol. Instead, I think it can get rather... um... addictive, lol.

And, man, it's like, there are two piles, which I will call "In" and "Out". You will just want to hurry up and decrease your "In" pile and increase your "Out" pile, but the "In" pile just keeps on getting magically replenished!! XD So of course, the constant increasing "In" pile will just motivate you to work extra hard, pull out all the stops.



So you say, "That's no good! If I stay like this... It's no good. When the "In pile" increased just now, I thought about it. If the "In pile" keeps increasing once again on our road, if I don't get faster... The "Out pile" will forever be shorter than the "In pile".* That's because even if it is short, I have an "Out pile" that I want to make it tall! If I don't get faster than anyone else, my "Out pile" will forever be short! I thought about a way to fight at my fullest. SO that I don't let the "In pile" gets taller and taller... So that I don't let the "Out pile" gets constantly mocked by the "In pile" because of their height differences... You won't be able... to keep up with me any more. All of my techniques... are going to evolve by one step! Gear... Second!!"

*And on a totally irrelevant subject, just to have a poke at Ephraim (even though we are no longer classmates or even schoolmates for that matter!), Ephraim, you will forever be shorter than us, like the "Out pile" will forever be shorter than the "In pile".

o.O

Lol what the heck, but it is something like that, lol. You just feel motivated in your battle against the "In pile" monster, which will keep 'regenerating and healing its HP regardless of how many times you cut, slash, crush, stab, chop, injure, pierce, rend, hack, gash, rip, sever, slice, jab, thrust, smash, break, mash, pound, pulverize and trample (phew, that's all of the "attacking" verbs I can think of :) My English teacher would be proud of me. *nods head*) it', haha. XD

And you know what? You speed up your pace, and guess what? The "In pile" monster will just copy your move and 'cast "Haste" on itself as well'. -.- So if you increase your speed by 1.5 times, it increases its speed by 1.5 times as well. You increase up to 3 times, it increases its speed by 3 times as well. So you shout, "BANKAI!", release every single thread of reiatsu within you, speed up by 10 times, HOLY SHIT, IT SPEEDS UP BY TEN TIMES AS WELL! BLOODY HELL!

That's how scary it gets... Some more, that's not all!

You finally clear your entire "In pile". You celebrate your little victory with a little dance, as the victory fanfare plays in the background.



And guess what? The guy next to you asks, "What the heck are you doing, me boy? There's still a lot down there!" He points to your back, where waiting for you is a whole crate, and I seriously mean ONE WHOLE FUCKING CRATE, full, I say FULL, of envelopes waiting for you to paste stamps on them!!!

My sincerest apologies if anyone has any nightmares tonight after reading this. :(

Well, Hong Wei and I were put in different lines, though we were still in the same room. In Hong Wei's line, sitting right beside where Hong Wei sits during work, is a teenager just like us, who looks older and more mature than us. Hmm, I don't know, maybe it's his dyed golden hair that gives me that impression, lol. From appearances alone, he does look like a good guy, haha, though after a certain incident, I suppose I shouldn't be so quick to trust people based on appearances alone...

That guy came along with Hong Wei and I during breakfast, lol. Turns out that, according to what Hong Wei told me, that guy is the same age as us, and practically in the same situation as us: Finished our 'O' levels and waiting for our results! Whoa! I can never guess that myself, lol. He looks much older, haha.

And oh, another thing that contributed to me assuming that he's older than us was because he was already working here when we came. And guess what? He just started work one day earlier than us!! XD Rofl! That makes him our senpai then, even though it's only one day, haha.

During breakfast, I asked him what school he came from. He's from Holy Innocents' High School. Hmm, isn't that the school Edmond, my cousin, is from? I'm not sure, haha.

Hong Wei and I had roti prata for breakfast, lol. Actually wanted to have roti, but can't find it, so I added the word "prata". XD For lunch, I had prawn noodle, and he - wait a minute, does even anyone find interest in this sort of information? o.O

So that guy, whom I know his school, his age, his working place, his handphone model (Sony Ericsson W810i), number of megapixels of his handphone camera (two megapixels) and the size of his handphone memory card (1GB), but not his freaking name (XD!), hope to work well with him! :D

And on the way home, on the bus interchange, I was boarding the bus home, when I saw a really cute lady queuing up at the same line as me. :P Furthermore, she was wearing a nurse costume, haha. Looks like she's from Changi General Hospital if I'm not mistaken. She was really cute, haha.

After I boarded the bus and sat down, guess what? She came and sat beside me! Whoohooo! I'm a lucky bastard! :D Hahaha! XD I wonder how much karma have I actually accumulated to be lucky enough to get the chance to get to sit beside her, hehheh. Giving that thousand Gold Pieces to that beggar I met at Falador in RuneScape yesterday must be the final task needed to obtain that high level of karma needed. Really, beggar, I thank you for crossing my paths exactly at that certain time when I felt rich and generous!! XD

During the times when I tried to take a look at her (trying not to make it so obvious, of course ;P), her eyes were closed, looking as if trying to catch some sleep. She seems to be rather tired, aww, poor thing. :( Though she looks like a sleeping angel, hehheh. :P

She alighted one stop ahead of me though, at the Tampines Mart bus stop. :( Oh well. :P You know what they say, time flies fast when one is enjoying himself. Then that must be the fastest trip I have ever have while traveling. XD

One last thing. I read the manga of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IX.

Ponytails turn me on. :)



And Mikuru-chan looks so cute here.



Okay, gotta go sleep now. Need to wake up at 5.30am again tomorrow.

No comments: