Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Good game, demon.

Hah, today sure is an interesting day indeed. My supervisor, whom both Hong Wei and I are aware of her true identity as a demon sent by an evil overlord from another dimension to come and take over our world, decides to try out a rather well-planned strategy, I must admit, in breaking Hong Wei and I apart, so we pose less of a threat to her.

Come to think of it, that strategy was indeed really well-planned. I gotta hand it over to her for thinking of something as elaborate and as clever of that. She made full usage of my hatred for traitors and backstabbers, and Hong Wei's greediness in her plan, which I sure must also compliment her on that. That was really clever, I must admit.

So, what happened, you ask?

Well, it's like this. I'm sure that demon is already aware of us knowing her true identity (must be because I blabbed about it in my blog :P). That means that the two of us will effectively be the only ones who are able to stop her in any of her plans to take over and control the world. Of course she is going to use any ways she find possible to get us out of the way first.

Well, it's not really that difficult to realize her real identity. I mean, she's constantly emitting out dense, dark and evil aura! Well, seems to be that I am the only one who noticed that though, but then again, lack of magical awareness is not a crime.

She must have realized that the next step to do is to obviously try and break Hong Wei and I up. It is obviously much easier to fight against two quarreling enemies than two united enemies. And today, her elaborate plan was finally set into action.

It seemed a normal day today, I wasn't particularly on guard or anything, when Hong Wei suddenly came and told me that he had overtime to do today. We already promised each other that we would do any overtime together, or not do it at all, so we went to that demon (she's still the supervisor after all... ). She refused the suggestion of having me do overtime today, voicing her displeasure, "You're always together!"

That was, in my opinions, a really fatal blunder to make. She had just practically told us that she hated our friendship, hated us being together always, and no doubt want to try and break us up, leading me to my theory as I have written above.

Outside the office, I told Hong Wei to cancel his overtime. It's either we do it together, or we don't do it at all. Yet Hong Wei's greediness in wanting to earn more money made him refuse me, so I warned him, telling him that he would regret it. His reply is that he believes he would not regret it.

Hong Wei might not have thought of the far-reaching effects that such a seemingly simple sentence he spoke can have when he told me that, but it had sure pissed me off. By doing it that, he was effectively breaking our promise to either do work together or not do it at all, betraying my trust in him. My whole body inside me was screaming for me to confront the traitor and show him that it is never wise to try and betray me, as my rage wells up inside me.

We went back to work, in which I was distracted, thinking of how to confront the backstabber. I've thought how, but the main problem is where. Where do I find a place in which I can have a loud argument and even possibly a fight without anyone gaining knowledge about or interfering it?

The solution comes to me in a SMS, from Hong Wei, saying nothing but the word "Toilet". I turned my head towards the toilet, and saw Hong Wei there, smiling at me. Ah, I see, he wants us to pop into the toilet before work ends. Sensing my chance right now, I walk into the toilet briskly, rolling up my sleeves. Experience had told me that the toilet was a perfect location to settle arguments and fight, as long as you can keep fucking buggers, sources of interferences, out of there.

I started attacking an unsuspecting Hong Wei, shouting things like betrayal of trust and greedy moneyface. I even punched Hong Wei, but he refused to retaliate no matter what. Tension was rather high as we continued to argue. Finally, Adrian came in and broke us up by saying that we are supposed to be back at work. I left the toilet, putting my spectacles back on and rolling my sleeves down as I say, "We'll settle this after work."

For the remaining ten minutes of work or so, Hong Wei was in the office, saying something to the demon, but I wasn't giving a damn about it then. Instead, I was only blinded by rage and anger. Six years of friendship, down the drain by a single betrayal, I thought... How coincidental that it was even raining outside!

After work, Hong Wei took his bag and went out the factory with me as well, but I didn't bother to ask him why, as he was supposed to have overtime. He ignored me, walking a long distance ahead of me very briskly, while being pelted by rain. Not like I bothered to catch up, I was walking slowly behind under my umbrella, still pissed off about it.

I decided to wait for the bus at the entrance under my umbrella, not going to care about Hong Wei any more. There was no point in keeping that friendship when it is apparently with a traitor who would backstab me for money any time, any day. Those were my thoughts then. To be honest, I really even wanted to thank the demon, for showing me that my six years of friendship was with a greedy betrayer, saving me from spending more time on a potential-traitor or from another betrayal somewhere down the road, only one more lethal and fatal to me.

(I think I phrased this too confusing. :P I meant to say that I wanted to thank the demon for showing me that Hong Wei was a greedy betrayal, because if she didn't, I wouldn't know that Hong Wei was actually a traitor. Then, I would spend more time in my friendship with him, only to get betrayed somewhere down the road. After all, it's better to lose six years of friendship than ten years of friendship. Also, this betrayal wasn't really that much of a big deal, so I found it much better than if Hong Wei betrayed me somewhere down the road again, but this time, it was an even worse and larger betrayal. That was what I thought then, anyway.)

Hong Wei SMSed me, saying "carpark". I saw him at the carpark beside the coffee shop in which we would always spend breakfast and lunch times there eating, standing alone, sheltering from the rain there. I ignored him, knowing that I have no reason to go to the carpark and meeting up with him when I have nothing else to say to that freaking traitor, so I stayed where I was.

Then, I saw Thomas and his friend (whom I don't know his name) walking out of the factory, presumably to go to the coffee shop and eat something. Thomas was holding the umbrella, and his friend had his hand on Thomas' shoulder, embracing the latter like brothers. That scene really jerked my tears, and I wanted to go to Hong Wei and told him to forget this crap and let us be friends again, but my pride wouldn't allow me.

He SMSed me again, asking me if I want to settle it or not, and said that I was confusing him. "Fine, pfft," I thought to myself as I went to the carpark, but he was not there. I SMSed him, "Get the fuck out".

He came a while later, and maybe it was sensing rage on my face and me wielding my umbrella in my right hand (all things with the shapes of swords have a chance of me doing swordplay with them in my hands. He must have realized that when we went to Toys 'R' Us XD), he told me to hear him out first before saying anything. He told me that he is sorry, he wasn't aware that he was betraying me, he canceled his overtime, and, something that I particularly remembered, "I cherished our friendship."

That is it. No more being stubborn over some stupid overtime. The bus really came at a great time, I thought, annoyed, as I walked off towards the bus, telling him, "Let's meet at Tampines MRT Station tomorrow at 6.20am." Well, that's all I can think of that my pride allows me to say to mean that we should just forget this crap and be friends again, haha. Well, I don't know, but guys usually don't say cheesy stuff like, "Yay! We are friends again!", right? Come on, we'll leave it to the girls to say those kinda stuff, it's just not meant for us. ^_^"

And so, the demon's elaborate plan, which I believed she spent three days and nights thinking up of, to break our friendship up, was thwarted, just like that. Three days of planning is indeed no match to six years of friendship. Indeed, I feel sorry for the demon now. She has made a truly fatal mistake.

Now we are completely aware of her current goal: To try and break us up. Also, her future plans to accomplish that will, I doubt, have no more effectiveness. Now, even if you give Hong Wei overtime everyday and me none, I will not mind it. And she can't do it the other way round either, 'cause I will not do overtime without Hong Wei! :O

So what else can she do? Fire one of us? Heh! No use either! Even if she just fires me and not Hong Wei, I don't really mind at all, come to think of it. I'm already sick and bored of such a boring job, and with an evil supervisor I have to keep having my eye on, staying on alert, constantly. And if she just fires Hong Wei and me, I'll quit the job immediately, but not before taking up one of the many penknives resting on the table, shout, "It's over!" and stabbing her with it. XD

So, in one day, her long-thought plan was thwarted, her intentions revealed, and her future actions doubly and triply more difficult to perform. She really screwed up bad, if you ask me.

So I'll end by telling you this, demon.

Good game.

No comments: