Sunday, December 09, 2007

Yare yare

Okay, time to start today's blogging. I feel like blogging really quick, because one, I'm really tired and I lack sleep, and two, I want to play Fiesta. XD So please, bear with me. :P



I suddenly feel like blogging about the clan video that my clanmates (specifically Timmy and Stefan) and I have done for our clan, the Runite Knights. So here goes.



The song of the video, "Power of the Horde", is a song found in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. It was chosen because, um, well, because it sounds like a battle theme? ^_^ Yeah, I sort of thought that it would fit, especially since we're having Castle Wars for the beginning. Once, I played Castle Wars from 10pm to 7am (:P), I kept listening to Power of the Horde, haha. The tune just really matches with fighting against pesky Zamorakians. :P

We adjusted the video accordingly to the music, breaking the music into chunks and using the lyrics to decide where we should take the video. Looking at the lyrics, there were three parts of the chorus, three parts of vocal which lyrics are not the chorus, and finally, a really nice-sounding guitar solo slapped right in the middle.

We decided to take the videos of the vocal which lyrics are not the chorus first. Since they were quite long (composed of eight lines of lyrics each), we decided to have something rather long as well. Thinking that since our clan is a mini-game clan, we should obviously feature us playing mini-games. We looked at the list of mini-games, eliminated those we didn't want to, those which are too troublesome and a pain in the ass, those which would no doubt look boring, and finally got three out, coincidentally all three are mini-games involving combat. They are Castle Wars, Fight Pits and Pest Control.

Next, we had to do the choruses. Since each chorus was split into four parts, corresponding to the three elements that the Shamans in Warcraft use, 'storm', 'earth' and 'fire', as well as an added 'death', probably meant for the enemy, haha. Since there were three choruses, we decided to get ourselves three places to film the video for each of 'storm', 'earth', 'fire' and 'death'. After a long time searching for good locations, we finally got twelve of them, and next prioritizes them according to location suitability, deciding to leave the better ones for the last, to build up a climax. XD

So here is a list of the locations that we decided to use, numbered accordingly to order.

Storm:
1. In the Lost City of Uzer, at the entrance of the portal where you fight the demon Denarth for the quest Shadow of the Storm. Come to think of it, that quest was one of my most memorable ones, haha, because 1. That was the first quest in which I did and completed on the day it came out, 2. That was the first member's quest I did without using a guide, and 3. The reward is Darklight, a pwnage sword (graphic-wise, that is :P).
2. Since 'storm' has to do with 'lightning', and since the magic spell Saradomin Strike sends a bolt of lightning at the target, we decided to go and find ourselves some Zamorakians, then have me (the only one at that time capable of doing so XD) cast a Saradomin Strike at those damned Zamorakians, while the other two kill them. Well, that was to bring across the message that we are Saradominists, although I think the Castle Wars part already shows this. XD The location, by the way, is the Temple of Paterdomus, a Saradominist temple taken over by those filthy Zamorakian bastards.
3.The Interdimensional rift where Killerwatts can be found, that location was chosen because the screen flashes repetitively due to lightning. XD

Earth:
1. Right in the middle (or center if you want -.-) of the Castle Wars basement. We were practically praying that those pesky Zamorakians don't come and do a sneak attack on us when we are down there dancing like some stupid sitting ducks. -.- I'd like to mention, it is convenient that since we are already inside a game of Castle Wars for the filming of the first part. XP So immediately after filming, I PMed (sent a Private Message) to Stefan and Timmy, telling them to meet up at the basement. XD
2. Where else would be a better place than inside the Earth Altar where Earth Runes are runecrafted? XD
3. Where the Earth Elementals can be found in the Elemental Workshop under Seer's Village.

Fire:
1. Where else would be a better place than inside the Fire Altar where Fire Runes are runecrafted? XD
2. Karamja Volcano. :O
3. Inside the TzHaar volcano, the three of us attacking some TzHaar together. XD

Death:
1. At the zombies in Edgeville Dungeon. The fact that I kept unleashing the set effect of Guthan the Infested, named Infestation, was completely tyco by the way. XD
2. In Port Phasmatys, we were wearing bedsheets. XD And lol, if only that stupid NPC who keep carrying the board and shouting "Don't stay silent - victory in numbers!!" didn't walk away (we were standing on the exact same spot, and players tend to show and cover up NPCs). D: It'd look nicer that way, haha. And oh, I still don't get it how since that NPC is a ghost, how come you can hear him shout "Don't stay silent - victory in numbers!!" without an Amulet of Ghostspeak, even though if you speak to him he'd still go all "Wooo wooo wooo wooo." on you.
3. The tombstones outside Fenkenstrain's Castle, which are also the entrance to the Experiment Cave.

Well, I'd like to mention that for 'earth', the lyrics go, "Earth! Hear my battlecry!", so I initially planned to have us execute the Dragon Battleaxe special, in which your character raises the battleaxe, shouts "Raarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!" and gets surrounded by a terrifying red aura, increasing your strength by 20% temporarily, while your other combat stats decrease by 10%.



But mah, I forgot about it during the whole planning and taking of video. -.-

And for the guitar solo, we decided to show ourselves dancing in places which have importance to us. If I remember correctly, here are the candidates, since we only have time for six places.
  • Champions' Guild - We are champions after all! XD
  • Heroes' Guild - We are heroes after all! XD XD
  • Legends' Guild - We are legends after all!! XD XD XD
  • Varrock Marketplace - Varrock was always one of my favorite places, so much that I decided to designate it as my 'hometown' (hey, RuneScape is a Role-Playing Game after all, give your character some character! ), so whenever noobs come and ask me, "Whr r u frm?", I tell them "Varrock :)" in order to protect my privacy. XD Oh, and the Varrock Marketplace used to be an important place of merchanting for non-members back in RuneScape Classic, haha.
  • The Party Room - To show that we just love to party. XD During when this video was taken, the Party Room was still in Seer's Village, but now it has been moved to Falador to allow non-members to enjoy parties as well.
  • Camelot - Well, after all, since Timmy often wields the Excalibur and uses it as a weapon (because he plays too little, he doesn't earn much money and can't afford to get a decent weapon, and thus instead sticks to using a quest reward ), we often like to call him by his nickname, "Sir Timmy, Knight of the Round Table"! XD
  • Ardougne Castle - Where else do knights go? XD (Take note that our clan name is "Runite Knights" XD)
  • Falador Castle - Same reason
Finally, we made a decision, eliminating those we deem have to go, using personal opinions as our guide. Here is the list of locations:
  1. Party Room - Each location should only have ten seconds, but since Timmy spent money getting those Dancing Knights out, and since they stay for twenty seconds or so, we decided to extend this clip to twenty seconds, so as to not waste Timmy's hard-earnt money. XD And thanks to it taking up the time of two clips, we had to reduce the amount of clips from six to five.
  2. Varrock Marketplace - Stupid Romeo kept walking around. -.- That reminds me, the Romeo and Juliet Quest is the very first quest that I have done and completed on RuneScape, with the help of this guy named "marcuslay". I remembered his name because he took me to the Wilderness, and with ten levels above me, killed me. -.- If only I can see him now, I'll show him the fury of a Level 107 and send him straight to hell... XP
  3. Camelot - For Camelot!!
  4. Legend's Guild - I'm the only one who can enter it, so we are practically forced to stand at the gates -.-
  5. Ardougne Castle - Hmm, I practically spammed scrolling the camera angle XD

Yes! For Camelot!!

And last but not least, I'd like to discuss about the beginning and ending parts. For the beginning part, where it goes "Storm, earth and fire - Heed my call!" [in the RTS game Warcraft III, when units are done training, they come out of the buildings in which they are trained (for example, Grunts come out of Barracks, while Raiders come out of Bestiaries), and in which they would say a message exclusive to the certain type of unit to inform the player that they have finished training and can now participate in combat. The Shaman's message is "Storm, earth and fire - Heed my call!", so I believe this is where the song's first line comes from. ^_^ Oh, and I shout "Storm, earth and fire - Heed my call!" whenever I prepare to play computer games for a long time to celebrate for the chance to do so XP], we decided to dance at the third floor of Castle Wars before running down towards battle. XD We actually planned to fight Zamorakians as we pushed on towards their castle, but guess what? There were hardly any Zamorakians in our way. -.-

For the ending part, where it goes "Storm! Earth! Fire! Death!", we chose to dance at the Duel Arena, with people dueling behind us as a background. Then when it goes "The Power of the Horde!!", Timmy suggests that we make it seem as if the video is over, but actually not yet, as it later shows us dueling against each other. This is why I used the 'fade' effect for the transition of the clips. This fits in with the music, with sound effects of swords and metal clashing against each other at the end. We only wanted to show US dueling, and not some others, which is why we chose the Obstacles arena, as most people don't use it. However, as there were three of us, and all duels are one-on-one, we had to ask Timmy to find himself another opponent (since Stefan and I have levels close to each other, but Timmy's is ridiculously low, so if Timmy fights against either of us, he'd get pwned flat in seconds. No offense there, Timmy ^_^"). I told him, "Get any opponent you want, ask him to set any conditions you want, but just something you must insist. One, there must be obstacles." XD

Oh, and I don't know why, but two additional noobs ended up with us too, so it makes six people fighting. -.- They quickly ran out of the screen though. ^_^

And oh, while I'm at it, might as well, I found the clan banner and logo in one corner of my Pictures folder, so I decided to upload it and show it to you guys. :P





And lol! I found the avatar that I used for my clan forums! XD Just my RuneScape character doing a with a slight smile. XD





Well, I'd like to blog about one aspect of my work which I find very good, and which I am starting to like. XD They call it "ULD", in which I have no idea what it means, though according to Wikipedia, it means "Unit Load Device", but alas, I have no idea whether the ULD at my work is the same as this ULD. XD

The ULD at my work, well, it's a type of work (pun intended), where there are lots of letters in lots of boxes. You take those letters out of the boxes and check whether stamps are printed on the envelopes (which means that we don't have to paste those stamps ourselves, yay! Pasting stamps hurts for fingers in the long run -.-), and also whether the addresses are to the correct country you are doing (obviously, you do not put letters meant for Canada and letters meant for Australia in the same bag, since they are practically at different sides of the Earth -.-), and also whether they actually ARE addresses or not (there are some empty envelopes with nothing inside, how lame -.-). After that, you put them into bundles, tie them up, and throw them into bags. Nice? XD

Beats monotonous stamps pasting anyway.



Lastly, I'll be blogging about today's breakfast as well, haha.

Well, I was having breakfast with four of my colleagues that I have never eaten with before. (I laugh at the previous sentence but without the word 'with' XD) Two of them are uncles, and there is something I find very coincidental. Ever since starting work, I have been in three lines (that stupid demonic supervisor just can't make up her freaking mind on where I should work in -.-), and each line has an uncle there. XD I was eating breakfast with the uncle from the second line I worked, and today, I ate breakfast with the uncles from the first and current (in other words, third) lines! o.O

The first uncle, I don't know his name, though I know his surname is Koh (which reminds me of a friend I used to have named Andrew Koh. I called him by the nickname "potassium hydroxide", a chemical compound by the molecular formula of "KOH" XD). That explains why the other colleagues call him by the nickname "Koko". "Koko"... What a diminutive, hypocoristic name. I'd cry if someone call me that. D:

And oh, it reminds me of the Digimon Koromon as well. o.O


Hi! I'm Koromon!! ^_^

Diao.

And the third uncle, I don't know his name as well, but I do know his surname is Ho, so people call him "Ah-Ho!". I laugh secretly whenever I hear that, because in Japanese, "aho" (阿呆 in kanji and あほ in hiragana) means idiot, so it sounds as if they keep calling him an idiot. XD

The other two with me were around my age. The first one was the guy who was doing OT with me yesterday. Just learnt today that his name is Deck Ding, though his Chinese name is read as "De Ding", lol. And I thought that I was weak against cold... That guy just kept sniffing his nose like no tomorrow during OT yesterday and today (where he got temporarily transferred to my line because my line lacks manpower)! Holy shit, sucks to have a runny nose as bad as his. D:

The second guy is the guy I used to refer to as "the fifth guy in the chicken rice lunch" (:P), since he ate lunch with Andy, Sin Wei, Adrian and I (making him the fifth guy), in which all five of us ate chicken rice (hence called the "chicken rice lunch"). XD I learnt that his name is Jing Hui or something like that, after hearing Adrian call him. The first time I saw him, I thought that he looked familiar and reminded me of someone, though however hard I try, I couldn't think of how. I think I finally got the answer. He reminded me of Yong Jin, the both of them had a lot of acne on their faces. XD The reason why I took so long to think of it was because Yong Jin wears spectacles (with thick frame, I might add -.-), while Jing Hui (or however the hell you spell his name) didn't.

Just as we ate, the rain grew damned big. =.= I'm glad my colleague convinced me to bring an umbrella before we went off for breakfast, since the rain is so small then I deem it insignificant. Damn, I hate the wet monsoon season. -.- And oh, come to think of it, when I told my father this, he said that the large amount of raining is not due to the wet monsoon season, but rather because of winter solstice. -.-

I took a picture of the huge rain. :O Don't ask me how Deck Ding got in the picture.



Okay, you can't really see the rain. I know the camera in my handphone sucks.

Oh well. After the rain, the sun will always be there. :)





Time to play Fiesta! :D

No comments: