Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Anyone? *puppy eyes*

Sigh, so sian... It's been so long since I've last went to Wild Wild Wet, I feel like going again. Anyone want to come with me? XD



Haha, I was playing Fiesta with Vernon just now, and I took a screenshot. ^_^



And oops, he accidentally died. I remembered what Yoshida did.
Yoshida took a piece of tissue paper out of his pocket and covered Xiangbin's face with it. Samuel explained the obvious, we think that Xiangbin is dead and Yoshida is respecting him by covering his face. I laughed out loud. XD
And thus (pay attention to the chatbox):



XD



Taking a leave and not even bothering to tell me about it, you mother fucker. Or do you want me to completely ignore your damned existence, you son of a bitch?

Sin Wei also took a leave today as well, and Andy told me that Renji has quit his job due to low pay, so there's only Andy and Adrian with me today. D:

Oh, and remember that I said that some guy came and mocked me for sleeping so much? Well, I've been on friendly terms with him for quite some time, maybe it was due to the friendliness aura emitting out of him or something like that, haha, but I didn't really make friends with him or hang out with him. Well, until today, when I was transferred to his line, did I bother to take one step further in becoming his friend.

Well, to tell you the truth, he really reminds me of an old friend of mine named Clarence. The two of us were forced against our wills and tossed into a torture camp with no food for us and no way out. We, along with countless other poor souls suffering the same fates as us, were not only forced to do crazy physical acts meant to torture us, but also brainwashed everyday to become mindless zombies. Unable to take it any more, the two of us decided to find a way to escape. With our swords in our hands, we cut and slashed through the same mindless zombies who were brainwashed with us everyday, yearning for eternal rest, and at long last, we finally escaped.

Yes, I'm talking about that god damned CCA of mine. Those fucking bastards. -.-

And yeah, before I forget, that guy's name is Ming Yuen. I always confuse it and keep wanting to call him "Yuen Ming", probably because I believe that Renji's real name is "Suen Ming". XD



On the way home today, I finally decided to turn on the random function of the music player in my handphone, to give those songs, which are dumped at one corner of the playlist and not listened to for millions of years, a chance, lol. I'm rather surprised that when the song 童话 (Fairytale) plays, I still remembered the lyrics, lmao, despite not hearing it for months already.

But then again, I thought, aren't fairytales for children? So thus, I decided to change the lyrics, turning the song from 童话 into 漫画 (manga) instead. XD

Note: The pun lies in that 童话 (tóng huà) rhymes with 漫画 (màn huà). XD

忘了有多久 再没听到你
对我说你最爱的故事
我想了很久 我开始慌了
是不是我又做错什么

你哭着对我说 漫画里都是骗人的
我不可能是你的王子*
也许你不会懂 从你说爱我以后
我的天空星星都亮了

我愿变成漫画里 你爱的那个战士**
张开双手 紧握着剑守护你***
你要相信 相信我们会像漫画故事里
幸福和快乐是结局

*Yes, I know, I didn't change any of the lyrics in this sentence, which means, "I cannot possibly be your prince." So, you ask, princes might fit in fairytales, but are you sure they fit in manga as well? Sure, I'm sure! I'm keeping the lyrics as "prince" as a reference to our dear Mr. Prince of One Piece. XD Take a look at this blog post titled You Two Can Call Me Prince. XD

**I actually spent some time on this sentence, wondering to which should I change "angel", since "angel" doesn't really fit in manga, does it? ^_^" So, before I made a decision, I took a look at three very popular manga, namely One Piece, Bleach and Naruto. If it's One Piece, then I'll use "海盗" (pirate). If it's Bleach, I'll use "死神" (Death God), and for Naruto, I'll use "忍者" (ninja). However, the problem with all three terms is that they only apply for their respective specific category of manga, and not for most manga generally. ^_^"

So after a long thought, I finally decided on using "战士" (warrior). Well, seeing that most main characters in manga use swords (Syaoran from Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and Ichigo from Bleach, for examples), I decided on three terms, "战士" (warrior), "剑士" (swordsman) and "斗士" (fighter). "斗士" sounds more to me like people who fight bare-handed, and thus would not work for the next sentence, so it's out. Among "战士" and "剑士", I finally decided to use "战士", because they can apply to all sort of people fighting with melee weapons, not just swords alone. There are manga with people using melee weapons but not specifically swords, right? *tries hard to think of such a manga*

***This one gave me some trouble as well. In the original text, it means "Spread open those hands, become wings and protect you". It'd work if "I" am still an "angel", but I changed it to "warrior", lol, so how the hell are my hands supposed to turn into wings? XD So I decided to change it to "Spread open those hands (actually, come to think of it, "arms" would be a better word to use here, rather than "hands"), wield my sword and protect you". Yeah, okay, this is also a reference to "I can't protect you without holding a sword. I can't embrace you while holding a sword." XD

But here comes the problem. "变成翅膀" (become wings) has four words, but "握着剑" (hold sword) only has three. So I thought of adding the word "双" (twin) into it, so it becomes "握着双剑" (hold two swords), which makes sense, since "I" am "spreading open both hands" instead of just one. Then, I gave it a thought. It just sounds damn weird, doesn't it? Why do you need to wield two swords just to protect someone? Okay, I think I sound like I'm implying it, but yes, I admit, protecting that someone is important, but just why two swords? Wouldn't one be enough? Well, unless you specifically fight with two swords, haha.

So I decided to instead add the word "紧" (tight), making it become "紧握着剑" (hold sword tightly). Makes more sense. Hmm-hmmm.



没握剑的我不能保护你,
握着剑的我不能拥抱你。

No comments: