Sunday, December 02, 2007

Went out with Vernon haha

ジャスミンのために!





Ruwan's found a rather nice MMORPG named Fiesta, and got me to play it with him, but he's taking his dilly-dally own sweet time to download and play it. -.-

Well, the more the merrier, right? I went and invited Vernon and Jasmine to play it with me, haha. So far, Vernon has signed up, telling me that "not nice i whack u ah -.-" before he downloaded it. XD

I took a screenshot of the two of us. XD Vernon's playing as a girl, haha. :P



I apologize for shitty image quality. Next time, I'll save the image as a PNG instead of a JPG. JPG sucks for image quality. -.-



Oh, and I found a rather cute looking picture of Orihime from Bleach, hehheh. :P





Today's a Sunday, which means that if there happens to be overtime for work today, the pay is double.

Of course I had to go, can't resist not going. Why work for eight hours on Monday when you can work for four hours on Sunday and earn the same pay? XD Andy has a nice trick though. Come to work on Sunday, then apply for a leave on Monday. In other words, Monday becomes "his Sunday", a day for him to rest, and he gets to slack four hours off, and earn the same amount of money! XD I'm working on both days though, haha, need to earn money.

But though, a downside to Sunday is that there are no buses bringing us between Tampines MRT Station and the factory, so we had to get there ourselves. And my father is refusing to bring me there, that cheapskate. -.- I had no choice but to cycle there.

Since I am cycling, I knew that I should avoid oversleeping, since if I do I probably have to rush, which will no doubt end up in a tired me. Thus, after setting the alarm at 5.30am, I went to sleep, determined to wake up the moment I hear the alarm go off.

Come 5.30am, the damned sleeping devil was much stronger than my determination. I took my handphone and used my usual trick of listening to music to get the sleepiness of me, haha, though this time I listened to Blaze, the first opening of Tsubasa Chronicles. After that though, I found myself unable to pull myself awake, as if the sleeping devil has grabbed control of my body.

Then, a rather weird thought comes to my head. "ジャスミンのために!", shouts inside my head (hence I added it at the beginning part :P), and I found myself with the strength to get up. Strange, huh? o.O By the way, I left it as hiragana instead of romaji purposely. :P For those of you who understand hiragana and thus its meaning, good for you. For those of you who don't, too bad though. It IS for a reason after all. XP

At 6am, I set off on my journey with my trusty bike, haha. About five minutes off the adventure though, I felt damned thirsty, and did not have any water with me. -.- That sucks, lol. I had no choice but to stop at the 7-Eleven at Block 201 and waste $2.50 (thirty-five cents more expensive than Cheers, sigh -.-) for two bottles of H2O, lol. I drank half of one bottle and continued the journey.

I reached the factory at 6.30am, which is TOOOOOOOOO early. Even the gate is still closed, lmao. -.- No choice, I went to the coffee shop next to the factory, park my bicycle outside and sat down at the tables outside the coffee shop, reading One Piece volume 44 (please do not ask why I bring manga to work XD). I quickly ran off at 6.50am after hearing the coffee shop owner opening the gates of the coffee shop. :P

Once I reached the factory, I saw Andy, and the two of us went together with the guy whom ate chicken rice with us last time and whom I still do not know his name. XP We went up to the fourth floor, where we now work, and I saw Adrian, already there. I went over his place and had a little chat with him until work starts.

Well, because overtime tends to be optional and up to workers' decisions, almost half of my line didn't come today. There were only me and the leader in my line, lmao, so they had to get people from other lines to temporarily fill the lack of manpower here. They got Thomas, whom I now have reasons to believe is the leader of those people doing manual labour like moving boxes around (since everyone doing those manual labour just always come to him with questions XD), and Adrian, to come and help us.

We got chided for chatting about One Piece, haha. But then, how the heck do we resist? One Piece chapter 480 = Gear Third + Sanzen Sekai + Gomu Gomu no Gigant Bazooka = Pwnage! XD

During breakfast, Andy, Adrian and Hong Wei came along with me. As only the mixed rice stall and the drinks stall are opened, we have very little choice for breakfast, and we ended up just drinking. XD (Who the heck eats mixed rice of breakfast? As Adrian was an exclusively One Piece manga reader, and doesn't watch the anime, I showed him my three favorite openings inside my handphone, Hikari e, Brand New World and Jungle P, haha.

Oh, and should I mention how ridiculous I felt at work? I mean, we are pasting stamps on envelopes containing CHRISTMAS CARDS!? There is still twenty-three days left to Christmas, man, give us a break! I know there'd be rushes due to peak season, but you still don't have to send your damned Christmas cards so early, y'know?! O_O

After work, Hong Wei stayed behind to do sub. Not that I really care anyway. He can do all the sub he wants for all I care, I'm not gonna bother a shit. Andy, Adrian and I left together.

My father was coming to pick me up after work, and with his lorry in addition, since my bicycle was with me. He ended up giving Andy and Adrian a free ride of the Tampines MRT Station, haha, where they walked to Tampines Bus Interchange and subsequently ride buses home. Wow, even Adrian wants to dye his hair too. Come on, man! Make your hair colour stay black! Be proud of your heritage as a Chinese!!

Having that said, I hope that someone can come and slap me if I foolishly make the decision to dye my hair for some weird reason. It would be better if you can add in a Saradomin Strike, I probably deserve it.



After work, I went home and played for half an hour [more specifically, typing the Japanese characters for Renji's war cry which can be found in yesterday's blog entry ;)], before going off and meeting up with Vernon.

We agreed to meet up at Pasir Ris MRT Station at 12.45pm before having lunch, but that bub arrived 15 minutes earlier. O_O And I arrived five minutes late, sorry!

We went to have lunch at McDonald's and stayed there for quite some time chatting, haha. Well, it's been twenty days since we've last since each other (since the end of 'O' levels), so obviously we have quite a lot of things to catch up to. :P Come to think of it, during the chat, we decided to go to Jasmine's workplace when she started work and sort of "kisiao" her. I left her a warning at her blog though, so she should be fine. XP

After lunch, we went looking around White Sands. First we went into Comic Connections, and took quite a long time looking at manga, models, swords, wallets, posters, games, etc. Haha. I wanted to buy Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE volume 18, but I can't find it.

Went into Challenger next, haha, looking at hardware. There's so many things I want to buy, haha. I want to buy a USB mouse with a retractable cord (instead of tying up the stupid wire with a rubber band as you can see in this picture of my laptop and mouse, a laptop cooling pad (to prevent overheating, which sucks big time D:), a USB keyboard (with two keyboards, two players playing Little Fighter 2 is no longer a crowded thing! XD), external speakers that doesn't need to be plugged in to electricity (the laptop speakers has bad quality when loud, haha, and I can't be bothered to use my desktop's speakers, as they have to be plugged into a power souce, which is troublesome -.-), a 2GB miniSD card for my handphone (because 512MB is just too ridiculous low), etc., etc. :P

We went out without buying anything though. :P

Next, we went into the arcade. :D I paid $6, while Vernon paid $5, and we started playing House of the Dead 4. Whoohoooo, my favorite arcade game, where you get to spam bullets at shit-eating zombies. XD The first two bosses we encounter were pains in the ass, I must admit. Just keep hitting us and hitting us, all the while avoiding our attacks by moving and moving, distorting our aiming and accuracy. I forgot how many times both of us had spent money continuing during the boss fight alone, haha. Oh, and I hate those stupid slugs. They are so small and hard to aim. -.- We made it to the beginning of the third fight, got owned, and had no money left to continue. XD Well, with $1.55 per game, it is inevitable that we get owned before the game is over. It's not like we have a hundred bucks inside, right? XD

Oh, and I sort of found a new way to wield the gun, haha, which I believe makes it easier for me to reload. Well, have a look here at this picture of the House of the Dead 4 guns I've found off Google Image Search.



The top part is rather huge, making the whole gun bulky, right? I held the gun with my right hand at a horizontal position (instead of vertical as most people do), and have my left hand grabbing onto the top part. In this way, when I want to reload, in which I have to point out of the screen to, I just flick my left wrist down and up to reload, so my right hand can focus on aiming, shooting (or should I say "spraying"? XD) and shaking. That should make it so that my right hand doesn't get tired as easily. XD

After getting owned at House of the Dead 4, we decided to put more money and play other games. I put in $5, and Vernon decided to throw in a $10 note. After that, we tried to play Time Crisis 4, in which I wanted to be Player 2, because the character for Player 2 seems to be more handsome than the guy for Player 1. XP



The guy at the right is the character for Player 2. The guy at the bottom is the character for Player 1. And the top guy is just a NPC, pay no heed to him. XD

Somehow though, the credit machine for Player 1 is a bit spoil-spoil, so we can't use it, and instead I'm forced to play alone. Vernon called for the staff, who said that they have to wait for the technician to repair it. Bleh. After getting through the Prologue (in which I happily used up all of the ammos for machine gun :D), I let Vernon take over. :P While watching him play, both of us saw the credit machine for Player 1 flicker, meaning that it is not completely spoilt.

Remember at the beginning of FFX, when Tidus and Rikku are sent to try and salvage the airship Fahrenheit? Whenever players control Tidus to go up to the machinery and press X to examine, Tidus would always whack it like a violent kid needing some anger control, right? XD I decided to test out Tidus' strategy and gave the credit machine a good whacking with my palm for three to four times. XP And guess what? It really freaking worked! XD No need for technicians, Samy the Hero is here to save the day!! I quickly joined in and gave assistance to Vernon, haha.

We played up to the middle part of Stage 2, in which both of us got bored, and decided not to continue after losing all of our lives, ending up with a nice little "Game Over". We walked around the arcade, looking for more games to play. We walked past one kid tossing basketballs into a hoop, and after watching his slow speed and lousy accuracy, decided to 拔刀相助 (literally to draw one's sword to give assistance; help to right a wrong for the sake of justice), grab up some of his basketballs and helped him throw them into the hoop, all the while with Vernon by my side watching us play, probably thinking, "What the fuck? Did he just went and try to disturb a kid from playing basketball while himself playing it for free without paying anything?" XD

After that, I decided that we should team up and give it a try, lol. We both shot not bad (I'm rather surprised at Vernon's accuracy, haha, which is amazing given how he told me he dislikes basketball, haha), though I wanted to do a layup, haha, which I almost always do during basketball matches. :P Halfway, I got bored though, and decided to climb up, stand up on the machine and ask Vernon to pass me the basketballs, where I just reached my hand out a bit and pass it through the hoop effortlessly, lmao. XD Yeah, imagine a 1.8m teenager standing up on the basketball arcade game. XD! A staff soon came and stopped me though, lmao. From then on, we played normally, haha. :P Made it to Stage 2 and got pwned, lol.

After that, we decided to put in MORE money again, this time to play House of the Dead 4 for one last final time. We skipped the cutscenes all the way until Chapter 3 (since we have already seen them during the previous game), made it a little way ahead than last time, and still got owned. XD Come to think of it, are you sure children should be standing around and watching two grown-up teenagers slay zombies with guns violently and bloodily!? Who the heck let them in and watch such bloody stuff? Won't they go home and have nightmares of scary zombies approaching them when they sleep? Oh my God! The horror! The terror!! O_O



Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I am NOT kidding! Six-year-old kids shouldn't be allowed to watch some bloody scenes, man!

After breaking a huge hole in our wallets, we went to Popular and looked around. We wanted to look for Ten-Years-Series, wondering if this year's 'O' level papers have already been published, so we can check the answer sheet and regret how badly we screwed up. XD Can't find any Ten-Years-Series though. It is inevitable though, they are changing the syllabus from next year onwards after all. :(

I saw a rather cute girl working at Popular, haha, and pointed it out to Vernon, who has too already noticed her. XD Yeah, it's great to be with friends who agree with you that the cute girl you've seen is cute too, unlike a certain someone *cough* Hong Wei *cough*. I then added, "That's a cute ponytail that she's wearing too.", grinning widely. :D

XD!

We decided to head to Downtown East next. It was while walking past Challenger again that I remembered that I wanted to buy a miniSD card. We went in again for the second time today, and asked how much a 2GB miniSD card cost. The price shocked the both of us. $44.90!? O_O That's a ripoff, man!!

Just as we exit, I thought whether I should buy it or not, and asked for Vernon's opinions. He told me to go for it, since this is the reason why I am wasting time working, right? To earn money so I can buy what I want? XD But, not having so much money inside my wallet, I looked around me, trying to find an ATM machine, and there it is, as Vernon points out, right under Challenger, on the second floor (Challenger is on the third floor), outside the POSBank. XD Whoa, a POSBank branch inside a shopping center, must be convenient, lol.

I decided to withdraw $50 (I have to find an excuse to avoid nagging when my mother takes my bank passbook without permission and updates it, finding $50 missing. ) and went back, as Vernon points out, for the third time today, to buy the miniSD card. I ended up buying it, thereby increasing the size of my handphone by four times and the size of my digital camera by two times (since it originally had a 258MB SD memory card, and since the miniSD card I bought came with an adapter, I can use my old 512MB miniSD card for my digital camera).

Oh, and yeah, when buying the memory card, the cashier girl asked me if I wanted to apply for Challenger membership. I took a look at the price tag. Hmmm, non-members pay $44.90 and members pay $42.90. $2 only, which I can earn in 24 minutes. XD I asked her how much is needed to sign up for membership, and she told me $13, so I replied sarcastically, "Wow, so I pay $13 to save $2? That is a really good deal, man! I'd be an idiot if I didn't get it, wouldn't I?", while Vernon was laughing. XD Witty sarcastic humour at its best. XD

As we exit, Vernon saw the back of a girl (while I was keeping my new memory card inside my bag, so I didn't notice anything much), and thought that she must be quite cute, though she is facing the other way around, so the two of us went the other way around (which is also in the way of us exiting the mall, so we didn't take a detour specially ^_^"). And guess what when we got to the other side? The girl turned her back onto us. XD I was laughing at Vernon's reaction. XD

We spent about fifteen minutes walking to Downtown East, then went to Cheers and bought two bottles of H2O to quench our thirst. There was a loooooong queue, man. I don't understand why we have to wait sooooooo long just to buy two bottles of drinks. =.= Some more, the label said "2 for $2.15", but when we paid at the cashier, we ended up having to pay $2.80. Dishonest scamming, I want to complain to CASE (Consumers Association of Singapore). =.=

We decided to go and have a look at where the Costa Sands chalet is, where our class chalet will be held, so we won't get lost when we go there on the day itself. We were then talking about how others (as we've seen people our age walking up to the chalets holding food and stuff) are already having their class chalets, some already had theirs over, but yet we have to wait until the end of December. Well, you see, both of us are particularly looking forward to our class chalet, haha. ;D Oh well, I told him that, like manga chapters and anime episodes, good things are meant to be waited for. XD Somehow, we ended up forgetting about checking where Costa Sands chalet is and went straight ahead to Pasir Ris Park though. -.-

We decided to play around the "playground" at Pasir Ris Park. :P Here is a few pictures that Vernon took of me messing around. XD



There were three "space-nets" (as I obtained the so-called "correct term" from the National Parks Board website). Vernon and I went to the first one, in which there are children and teenage girls choking the entrance. -.- They were all freaking scared, but still, for some stupid reason, decided to go up, until they got scared halfway and hesitated. For a loooooooooooong time. -.- I was so bored waiting that I told Vernon, "Here, I shall show you for how long we have waited.", take out One Piece volume 44 and started reading it. XD I'm trying to show something like an effect that I've been waiting so long that I've already got bored and decided to take manga out to read. XD Then I asked Vernon, "I brought Bleach volume 27 too, want to read it?" XD

We got bored of waiting and decided to go to the second one. The second one was newly added, and there are black thick rubber "sheets" in the middle of people to jump on. There was one with a broken corner, so I jumped on it and fell to the lower level, earning a "Owned!" from Vernon. XD

We went to the third one, the huge, tall and red one. It is Vernon's first time here lol (rather surprisingly for me, given that he lives in Pasir Ris), and so he was naturally scared, and I had to give him instructions and directions. We made it halfway, and decided to go down. My bag was getting in my way, and since Vernon didn't want to go up again, I told him to stay down and look after my bag. :P I climbed up again, this time as fast as I could, and amazingly, to my own excitement, I finally managed to make it up to the very top!! :D I've been wanting to make it to the top ever since my first time here (ten years ago I think), but I just lacked the courage to do so. And finally, today, I've conquered my fear, commanded my bravery, and finally reached the top! Whooohoooooooo! This be a cause for celebration! XD Of course, I shouted for Vernon to take a photo as commemoration. :P Well, since he had to zoom in really much, the image quality is bad. D:



To this time, I'm still proud of myself. :D

After getting down, I told Vernon, "I was fast getting up, right? Want to know how I did it?" When he expressed his interest, I told him, "Because, inside my mind, I keep repeating to myself, 'Retreat, and you will age. Hesitate, and you will die.'" XD Lol, then he added in more parts from Zangetsu's quote, "The enemy is one, you are one. What is there to fear? Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat, and you will age. Hesitate, and you will die." Yeah, sure, the enemy is one, and you are one. But the enemy is huge, tall and red. O____________O

XD

We went to buy some drinks, then went to the "rocky outcrop" (I don't know the correct term to use here, haha), to enjoy the sea breeze, and play around with our cameras. XD I also took some photos of him, haha. :P







We also saw an elderly old man practicing swordplay with a jian. He was doing it quite slowly, but still, beautiful, flowing motion. I wanted to take a picture, but he stopped almost immediately, so I think he noticed or something. ^_^" His jian reminds me of the one Syaoran uses in Cardcaptor Sakura and Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE (Real Syaoran's sword, not Clone Syaoran's Hien), lol. Here's a picture I found off deviantART. :O



And know what? I found the o-fuda that Syaoran uses in Cardcaptor Sakura as well. XD



From left to right: Suiryuu Shourai, Raitei Shourai, Kashin Shourai and Fuuka Shourai. Lol. Come to think of it, when is Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE chapter 175 coming out...? I'm dying on anticipation... =.=

I hope the guy from whom I took these two pictures from wouldn't mind.

We went back to White Sands for dinner. At the first floor, we saw Taiwan books being sold at the atrium of the shopping center, so naturally curious, we went to take a look. Ah, there are manga we can buy there, lol. Knowing that Taiwan manga publishers publish manga series like Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and the Suzumiya Haruhi series (both the manga and the novels, as it seems to even have novel there), I decided to try my luck and search through it. It's a cheap $1 per book anyway, why not? Though nope, can't find any. D:

We then went over to the section of illustration books selling for $5 each, where Vernon found a Gundam Seed one with a pack of cards attached. Vernon decided to buy the book, telling me, "If not full pack of cards I whack him." XD I wanted to buy an One Piece one, so I searched for a loooooong time through almost three-quarters of the section, and finally found it. XD

Went to Kopitiam to eat. Man, the food there is expensive, lol. I ate fishball noodles, while Vernon ate chicken rice. While we left, we were talking about Fiesta, and Vernon told me that since his RAM (512MB) is lower than the minimum requirement listed on the website (1GB), I told him to go to Challenger to check if there is any better RAM he can buy.

And for the fourth time today, we went inside Challenger. XD

Vernon asked the staff, and he got asked whether he wants to buy DDR1 RAM or DDR2 RAM. Since neither of us know anything about this kind of stuff, we decided to leave empty-handed.

And after that, we went home. Whoa, now that I think about it, I just spent $70, two days of salary, in one day! :S Sigh, I really need to work hard from now on if I keep up my way of spending like this. :P

Hey, and there was a really cute girl I saw on the bus! She wears shoulder-length hair (I used to like girls with that sort of hairstyle when I was in primary school, haha, until I changed to girls with ponytails a year ago. Hmmm, come to think of it, it was a rather big blow to me when my first crush suddenly changed from shoulder-length hair to a ponytail I think if it were me now though, I'd cheer out loud in delight XD) and a pair of spectacles, and looks innocently cute, haha.



思念是一种病。。。

No comments: