Saturday, February 09, 2008

Handshake





Skipped work today, as Dave told me to. ^_^

Yay, they are coming to my house today to celebrate Chinese New Year. ^_____^ Whooooohoooooooo at my fridge. Coca-cola and Carlsberg, yay!! :D



I was blogging as usual at about 5pm when Mark came into my room and had a look around, haha. I stopped blogging (I like to blog privately ^_^), and went outside to watch TV with Mark and Kimberly. Soon, Dave and Wen Qian came. Mark and I played against each other in a game of Checkers inside my room, with Dave as the audience. I must admit, underestimating my opponent, combined with the fact that I haven't play checkers for a long time (I think I'm using this as an excuse though XP), caused me to be defeated. Oh well, good game. I look forward to a rematch. :P

The three of us played Sorry!. I forgot the outcome of the match, haha. Then, we got bored, went to call Kimberly and Wen Qian into the room, and the five of us played Monopoly, haha Mark was rather unfortunate to ever step his foot in Wen Qian's hotel in Broadwalk. Two thousand bucks missing, just like that. XD

The parents kept trying to force us out of the room for dinner, pestering us. We eventually got tired of the frustration and just went out as told. Edmond was there, as well as his brother Edwin, playing his brother's PSP. Hmmm, I don't think it would be wise to start a fight with Edmond in my own house, especially when Mark and Dave kept jokingly mock me about being the "host"? Whatever.

The abalone tasted so good that I am sure it is not cooked by my mother. On the other hand, the soup tasted so bad that I am sure it is cooked by my mother. So after dinner, I went into the kitchen, and while taking a can of Carlsberg for my own drinking pleasures (hey, my grandmother, using the Chinese calendar, told me that I am already eighteen ), asked my mother who cooked the abalone and soup. As I figured, the abalone was cooked by grandfather, while the soup indeed was by my mother.

After dinner, the adults tried forcing me to shake hands with Edmond. My stubbornness, defiance and arrogance had joined hands together to perform a 口寄せの術 (Kuchiyose no Jutsu; Summoning Technique) and summon an asshole out of me, haha. :P I refused to shake hands, no matter what, and in the end, Dave and Mark took me down on a walk, and the two of them proceeded to beat me up for being such a stubborn asshole lecture me on why I should shake hands with Edmond.

Nmaa, whatever. We went back up, and Mark said, "We'd be in the room, waiting for you." Dave added, "Yeah, we won't be looking at you." Yeah, right. Whatever, guys. If I were confessing to a girl I like, yeah, sure, I would appreciate you guys not looking, but hey, this is shaking hands with a cousin we are talking about! What the fuck, lol?

So, good game to my stubbornness. I ended up shaking hands with Edmond, before turning around and walking back to my room, where Dave and Mark are waiting, haha. I don't even know why I can hear clapping and cheering. Dave's father was the one who cheered the loudest, lol.

We got bored of Monopoly, so the three of us started keeping the money, property cards and tokens, and tried our hands in playing with dominoes. This being the first time for all three of us, we encountered some difficulty in figuring out how to play, lol. Then, Wen Qian and Kimberly came into the room, and neither the two of them, too, knew how to play, so we ended up with more difficulty in our hands. XD

In the end, frustrated by the fact that none of us could figure out how to play the dumb game (even with the rulebook in our hands), we decided to play Sorry!. Mark arranged three dominoes to stand on edge in a line, and topple the one on the extreme left, so the other two also fell as well, then telling us, "This is how you play dominoes." XD

As there were five players, but Sorry! only allowed a maximum of four players, Dave, being the respectful eldest he is, decided to use the excuse of "wanting to read Reader's Digest" so as to let us play, haha. Thanks to Wen Qian helping me by using 11 to switch places with my last pawn, so it ended up much closer to Home, I won the game, haha.

We then started playing Blackjack. As Wen Qian didn't have any money, I lent her all the coins inside my wallet, coincidentally with a worth of exactly one dollars. Then, I set out to search for some coins in my house, and after some time, discovered my father's secret stash of coins, worth around fifteen bucks. I koped it.

Since I was the richest, they elected me as the dealer, haha. Then Dave asked me what the maximum bet is. I told him, "Anything you want! I don't care, it's not my money anyway!!" XD So our 老大 (lǎo dà; boss) went to bet fifty cents per round, which is the highest among the four, haha. I got bored of shuffling and giving out cards later, so I let 老大 be the dealer.

Once I got a Ban-Luck, I proceeded to throw all of the one-dollar coins in my possession onto the Sorry! board (which we were using as a table to play blackjack).

As you can probably tell from the pictures I secretly took (), Dave was so slow in shuffling and giving out cards, Mark, Kimberly and I were extremely bored.



You probably can't tell, but the one on the left, wearing blue and holding cards on his left hand, is obviously (telling from the cards) Dave, giving out the cards, haha. And I have no idea why the hell Mark is wearing pink, either.



Can't tell that I was bored? Well, it's because I was secretly taking those photos to kill boredom!! XD

Drinking Carlsberg [I drank so much I quickly finished my first can and koped the can that Dave and Mark were both drinking from (I can't figure out how that neither Dave nor Mark, who are already considered adults, could not finish a can of beer by themselves, whereas I can. Better not elaborate lest I get into trouble )] while playing Blackjack is probably not a good idea. I was betting one dollar by round. But then again, it might have also been caused by the fact that the money I am using to gamble with is not mine after all.

They went home afterwards. How short, haha.





Ouch! It seems as if the injury I've gotten on my right arm from falling off grandfather's bicycle isn't going to recover so soon. Sigh...

No comments: