Monday, February 11, 2008

Ack, I'm behind and lagging

Ack, I sure am behind and lagging in my blogging. Sorry for the lack of blog posts for Saturday (9th of February) and Sunday (10th of February). I'll get these two blog posts up in no time... when I have some time, of course. Meanwhile, I'm going to skip those two and blog about today first, since so little things happened these past two days, I doubt I can forget anything. XP



I decided to get myself a new banner for my blog. This one depicts Syaoran from Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, with a look that I can find on my face almost every time I check, lol. Sigh... I really miss her, haha... Her sweet voice... Her cute face... Argh, I'm going mad! XP

I did this entirely on Microsoft Powerpoint in case you are curious. WordArt is a convenient way to get text, haha, and the border was done by adding another of the same image, trimming the unnecessary parts so that I am only left with the top and bottom parts, and then colour them on grayscale. It's that simple, didn't spend long on it. :P

Edit made on 26th February 2008:

Here is the banner. :)





To my slight surprise, the excuse I used for not going to work last Saturday, which is my arm being injured after falling down while cycling, worked too effectively, a little more than I expected. Well, sure, I did lie a bit more, like how painful it is when I try to move my arm and shit (:P), but hey, how the hell would I make them accept me not going to work just because of a little fall? I've used up my headache, stomachache and diarrhea excuses, you know, and I'm running out of tricks here. XP

So, yup, it worked too effectively, and they were all expressing their utter concerns at it. ...Until when the labour tasks, like bagging and moving carton boxes, come in, when they completely forget that there is a guy with an injured right arm in their line, and thus proceeds to command that guy around, doing all the hard labour. Well, there's no choice, I suppose. The third uncle took a leave, so there's only Kim Hui and I around, and Kim Hui is always late, so before he came, they gotta sacrifice me. -.-

And oh, before I forgot to mention, holy shit, I jumped when I saw the huge pile mountain (it's so tall that no one can resist not calling it a 'mountain'!) of workload we have to do. Reminds me of the conversation Kim Hui, Sin Wei and I had about two months ago, haha. I regret not bringing my Jolly Roger to deploy at its peak. And oh, for you to get what I mean, here is a photo:



Ate breakfast with Kim Hui, Sin Wei, Deck Deng and second uncle. Yum, I missed the roti prata there, haha. :D I forgot all the other details about breakfast. -.-

We were paid our sub money immediately after breakfast. I was reminded of what I would say whenever I win money (usually when I won instantly before everyone even started drawing their cards, with moves like Bankai Ban-Luck and Ban-Ban), I would tell the dealer, "Please pay up. Prompt payment is required." XD

I got $33.90, but I received $34 instead, and has no coins in my wallet (gambled it all away). Sin Wei was just preparing to leave, after receiving his sub money, so I called him, "Sin Wei! Give me ten cents!" XD And the auntie who was giving out the sub money asked me, "Give?" ^_^

Went down to the first floor with Kim Hui to do delivery. Yay, slack job. ^_^ Since this is such a slack job, I managed to find some time to take some photos... XP





The stuff that we are delivering.



A nice and clear view outside. ...Looks easy to get the hell out when it is lunch time too. XD



He's doing the Sir Stamford Raffles pose again. XD



Realizing that I am secretly taking his photos, he offered to take one for me, haha.



Argh! My hair! Damn you, fan, you are messing up my hair! DX



The warehouse, always full of goods... Not like it's my problem. I don't think my department has anything to do with the warehouse. XD



Wonder what are all these shelves for, haha...



Kim Hui carrying a pallet jack while both of us are moving, plus the fact that I did not use auto-focus, makes it so that this photo looks extremely blurry, haha. Let's just say both of us are going very fast.

Due to it being not long after Chinese New Year or something, we get to go home at 12pm. But damn, got forced to do sub. After hearing that the things we will be doing for sub would suck, I hurriedly try to persuade Kim Hui to exchange places with me, lol, wanting him to do sub today while I do it tomorrow. That guy has such a cold heart of steel, lol... I wasted half an hour trying to persuade him and he still wasn't moved at all. T____T

Ate lunch with Hong Wei only. Not much people, as most people went home, since they don't have to stay behind to do sub.

Took this photo of Hong Wei secretly after lunch, heehee. Reason why it is blurry because I didn't have much time to do auto-focus. If I took my own sweet time, he'll find out I'm trying to take a photo of him. XP



Sub, itself, was so boring that I couldn't resist not listening to music. Damn my handphone for its weak battery life; the battery died halfway. God damn. T___T

Finished sub at around 4.20pm, after four hours. Got $26.80. Not bad, for four hours. $6.70 per hour, lol. Since there was no bus until 6pm (no way we are going to wait so long! XD), I decided to call my father over to bring me home by car, and Hong Wei too, if he wants. I can't call him, since my battery is dead, so I borrowed Hong Wei's. Turns out that my parents went overseas (to gamble *rolls eyes*). Sorry, Hong Wei, for using your handphone to call overseas.

Figuring that I would be dying of boredom if I just went back home, decided to give it a shot and ask if Hong Wei wants to go and catch a movie. Unexpectedly, he agreed, lol. I even gave it a shot and tried asking second uncle to come along as well, haha, but as I expected, he didn't.

It was rather easy for Hong Wei and I to decide which movie to watch. There were only three movies which came out for New Year: Kung Fu Dunk, Ah Long Ptd Ltd and CJ7. I told Hong Wei that I don't want to watch the "Stephen Chow movie", because the plot seems lame and ridiculous. Hong Wei said that he didn't want to watch "the Singaporean movie" either, so "the basketball movie by Jay Chou" is the only choice we have. XD

I think it's a rather nice coincidence that both of us occasionally play basketball together. XD

We walked out of the industrial park ourselves by foot, and when we were outside, Hong Wei wanted to take a bus to the bus interchange, probably due to laziness. Whatever, I'm fine with anything.

Bought the tickets for the 6pm show. Was super confusing, since the times showed "16.30, 18.00, 18.30", and being unfamiliar with the 24-hour time format, I looked up at the timing, saw "16.30" being the earliest, assume that it is 6.30pm and said, "6.30pm". Then Hong Wei would correct me, saying "6pm." Then I look back up, notice that there isn't any "16.00", not noticing that there is indeed a show at 6.30pm, and thinking that he made a mistake, tried to 'correct' him, saying "6.30pm." And the girl at the counter got all confused. XD

After buying two tickets for 6pm, the two of us decided what to do for one whole hour (it was just 5pm after we bought the tickets). We first went to Popular to check out the manga. No new manga came out, other than Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE volume 20, but I already got the Taiwanese version of that, haha. At first I thought a new Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE volume came out, since the Singaporean version uses Kurogane for the spine, while the Taiwanese version uses Syaoran, from the same volume cover illustration, haha, so I got confused.



We spent quite some time navigating around the English manga, but that's probably because we were fully well-aware of the fact that we have nothing else better to do. ^_^

After deciding to move on due to boredom, we left Popular, and lol, one of Hong Wei's female friends came up to him and started chatting with him. Initially, I thought that the chat would be short, so I stayed next to Hong Wei, waiting for the chat to end, but nope. The chat was so long, I was starting to get the impression that Hong Wei's friend is very interested in him (I mean, come on, he is tall, strong and silent after all... Probably the type that some girls like, haha XD). Deciding not to become a light bulb (the Chinese term is used to refer to someone who is a friend of one of a couple, and yet always stick around with the couple, preventing them from doing certain stuff privately :P), I went away, letting them do whatever they want, lol. Three minutes later, Hong Wei came back. I asked him this question:



We went walking around the third floor. First, went into the games shop. Hong Wei didn't seem much interested. I can't believe that I lost most of my interest in gaming. Damn you, job, for robbing my time away! Next, we tried deciding where to go. I thought of looking around Toys 'R' Us, but I'm sure Hong Wei wouldn't accompany me in, after last time I played around with the toy swords while with him inside. XP We instead went to Times Bookstore. Picked up a book about securing your Windows Vista. Hmm, it was a good read. I read and read and lost track of time, haha. At 5.45pm, Hong Wei alerted me of the time, and I put down the book. We left for the cinema.

We both bought a "Kung Fu Dunk combo" each. $8.50 for a box of popcorn, a cup of coca-cola, and a little water bottle in the shape of a basketball. Hong Wei paid for them, as I was the one who paid for the movie tickets, haha, but since the movie ticket is cheaper by $1.50, I paid Hong Wei the difference in price. Yay, now I have ten cents to return to Sin Wei the next time I see him. XD

A photo of the water bottle, plus the movie tickets on the right. XD



Ooooh. You sure can see a number of interesting items in the background. :P From the left are the notebook I got from Samuel in the gift exchange during the class chalet, my earphones I got from buying my Nokia XpressMusic 5610, the flyers I got from Huiping three months ago (why the heck am I still keeping them?), and the almost-hidden calculator I got from Nanyang Polytechnic's open house.

Forced to listen to that stupid Chinese New Year song as promotional material for the movie Ah Long Ptd Ltd while waiting for the movie to start, lol. They kept looping and repeating it, I told Hong Wei, "If I heard anyone say any more 'long' (since they kept repeating that stupid word throughout the song), I'd go mad." Hong Wei's reply is a simple, short and sweet: "Long." That bastard... XP

The movie is not bad lah. It lacks strength plot wise, but otherwise, pretty good. Humour is okay-okay lah. Most of the times I hear people laugh, I would be, "Huh? What's so funny about this scene?" I like the fighting scenes, haha, especially the one when Fang Shijie (the main character, played by Jay Chou) went into the bar and single-handedly beat up the gangsters (whoa, lots of glass smashing and shattering. Did anyone hurt his ass?), and also the one when his four masters beat up those extras at the basketball court, displaying lots of kungfu in the meantime. :P

The basketball matches themselves, I don't see any mixture of kungfu in it. Was kind of disappointing with that. The main character being able to shoot the ball in no matter at what distance was pretty cheap though, but hey, he is the main character after all. Lots of slam dunks. I'm so sad by the fact that I don't know how to slam dunk... They make it look so easy. XD

I like the beginning part when the main character introduces himself, lol. He talks about his love life, where there are three girls. I forgot about the first one (someone, anyone, please refresh my memory). He said that the second one would "choose to be together with him until the next lifetime". Turns out the second girl told him, "You want to be my boyfriend? Wait for your next lifetime!" XD He then said that the third girl would "choose to die together with him". Turns out the third girl said, "You better return me the money you owe, or I'd jump down this building together with you!" XD

The romance part of the movie was kind of disappointing though. I actually expected them to kiss, haha, and when the movie ended with a cliffhanger romance-wise, I repetitively told Hong Wei, "I just wasted seven bucks." XD Though rather nice leh... "When I was a kid, I loved to eat ice-cream, but I always couldn't get it, so I would even risk my life just to get it. And you... are that ice-cream." Then the girl in the end ask, "When are you going to take me to eat ice-cream?" ^___^

After the movie, we just went home. Just like that. ^^

No comments: