Wednesday, February 13, 2008

He fights on no matter what

Not yielding to destiny...
Not submitting to fate...
Not conceding to inevitability...
With his trusty sword by his side,
he fights on no matter what.




I have three short-term goals that I want to assign to myself. I just hope that my pool of determination do not run low, or even worse, run out, before the goals are completed. After all, I don't have a tailed beast sealed inside me whose pool of confidence I can just tap into at anytime I want.

1. I want to be more hardworking. No more being a lazy ass. No more being a procrastinating slacker. I swear... TO MY SOUL!!
2. I want to earn more money, and yes, that would first need a requirement of the first goal being completed first. Try not to skip that much work, even do as many sub as I can. Well, let me get used to the fact that the money earnt may suck for the amount of effort put in first...
3. I want to be physically stronger. I find myself weak. Too weak. For that, I need to put in more effort as well. Do physical trainings and stuff whenever I have free time. Yeah.



Ate breakfast with Hong Wei, Sin Wei, Deck Deng and second uncle. Lol, I wonder what happened today; Hong Wei actually came down to breakfast with us. Kim Hui, on the other hand, decided to eat breakfast at the coffee shop across the road, so whatever. It's crowded enough with five people at our table anyway. :P

Hong Wei and I ate roti prata, haha, while Deck Deng ate shahe fen. Sin Wei and second uncle, as usual, have eaten something before coming to work, so a cup of coffee is enough for them.

Hong Wei, sigh... He somehow messed up and instead of getting the warm drink he wanted, he ended up with a hot drink, so he spent a lot of time drinking slowly, due to the high temperature. I don't mind Deck Deng leaving, since he has to attend his daily meeting, neither do I mind the second uncle, since he tends to leave early most of the time, but even Sin Wei started to get impatient and left ahead. Those three pang seh us, man, lol.

Hong Wei puts the mug, which he has been drinking from for a long time, on the table, and taking a quick look at it, I was shocked by the volume of drink still inside it. You are only halfway done!? They are leaving already, lol!! I ended up giving some of the ice cubes that came with my coca-cola to Hong Wei so he can finish faster, since his drink is just too hot for him to finish fast.

And just look how far ahead they are already from us when we left the coffee shop and proceed back to work? -.-



Lunch was with Deck Deng, Hong Wei, Kim Hui and Sin Wei. Deck Deng and Sin Wei were reminiscing about the past, lol. What games they used to play, at what prices do things cost then, etc. I was thinking that talking about the past makes us look as if we are already old. XD

Didn't feel like doing sub today, so I used up my excuse of giddiness. Instead, I got forced to do sub tomorrow, on Valentine's Day. How romantic. *rolls eyes*

That's probably all there is about my work.



Today is the seventh day of the Chinese New Year. And guess what? My parents went gambling again, for the third time in a row. They are starting to become addicted assholes. *rolls eyes*

Figuring that it would suck to be alone home today, I decided to try and get Dave and Wen Qian (since their parents went gambling with mine *rolls eyes*) to visit grandmother's house together, and maybe we can eat yusheng together, lol! Yum. :P

But then sucks lah. Dave and Wen Qian are seebay PANG SEH KING and PANG SEH QUEEN respectively lor. Ask them come they talk cock here, sing song there, then? End up still don't want come. Bluddy hell!

So no choice lor, I'm going alone. -.-

At Tampines MRT Station, I took a photo of the construction site of the future shopping center, Tampines One, haha. Looking forward to its opening. I'm getting tired of Tampines Mall and Century Square. XP



Arriving at Paya Lebar MRT Station, I took a photo of the horizon, at the direction of my destination. 行くぜ! (Ikuze!; Let's go!)



You see the overhead bridge at the previous picture? While crossing the bridge, I took a photo of the traffic below me. :P





Some construction there as well. I think it's to prepare the MRT Station for the Circle Line.



Took a final photo of the MRT Station at a distance before finally moving on and proceeding.



LOL! Take a close look! This part of the road got cut off from the main road, and is now surrounded by drains on its parameter!! XD Reminds me of an oxbow lake, lol, being cut off. :P



I step on the road without fear!! :O

Nah, it's just the part of the road that got cut off. XP



Moving on, I took a photo of the Paya Lebar Flyover. I think I take way too many pictures... :P



Took this picture in boredom while waiting for the lights to turn green. -.-



A box and a circle. I wonder what the hell is this. For some kind of ritual?



Ah, I remember this rock-climbing playground. Used to love playing here when I was a kid, haha. I remember playing a lot here with Edmond and Cindy, haha... And haha, I remembered once when Dave, Edmond and Edwin and I played a game of shoes throwing. Dave and I teamed up against Edmond and Edwin, and we stood on opposite sides. We are unable to see the other team, and the objective of the game is to use our shoes to randomly throw at the other side, hoping it would hit our opponents. It was a really fun game, haha, requiring us to pick up shoes on the ground, throw them shouting "Fire in the hole!!", and dodge shoes thrown by the enemies at the same time. XD Strange, I thought I blogged about that, but I couldn't find any blog posts about it...

I think I love living in the past. ;P

Reached grandmother's house at last. Phew. Thanks to grandmother for cooking up something for me, I'm starving, haha. I noticed this while she was cooking in the kitchen:



Lol, the glass that broke during my fight with Edmond (the shortest fight I ever have, to admit. We didn't even exchange any blows when five or six adults jump in -.-) was instead covered by some sort of black plastic, lol...

Grandmother wanted to play blackjack, so whatever. Since she was lazy to take out her coins, she would tell me how much money she owes me every time her money goes into negative figures, lol. After quite some time playing, I felt that it was rather bad to take my grandmother's money, especially since she is retired and no longer working, haha, so I would start betting the exact same amount as my grandmother owes me. If I win, I just bet more, equal to the same amount my grandmother owes me. If I lose, at least we don't owe each other anything.

It was a good plan, I thought, just that my pride didn't allow me to lose purposely. But I would eventually lose. So, yup. Good plan. ^_^

It first started at twenty cents (our standard, regular bet on today). After getting a Five Dragons out, she had to pay me forty cents for it, so she owed me sixty cents. She lost another game, so she owed me one dollar and twenty cents. Yet another game she lost, where she went busted this time, so she owed me two dollars and forty cents. I received a Ban-Luck the next game, so she had to pay me double of my bet, increasing the money she owed me to seven dollars and twenty cents. Luck is rather amazing when you want to lose, I must admit, because the next game, I YET AGAIN got ANOTHER Ban-Luck, so she owed me twenty-one dollars and sixty cents.

Just look at the table then.



(Bad ten dollars note on the left, covering my ten cents! Bad!)

And I finally lost, haha! XD

Moral of the Story: If you are gambling seriously, quit while you are ahead, lol. What the fuck? Don't even gamble at all, dumbass!!

Took this photo of the palm trees downstairs swaying in the wind from my grandmother's balcony, haha. XD



Grandmother went into the room to change, so we can go out for dinner. To kill boredom, I decided to take a photograph of myself, haha, since I was wearing my spectacles then, something which I have not been doing a lot recently (I wore it so as to be able to play blackjack at the dining table and yet watch television). ;D So I did an Ishida from Bleach pose, haha. :P



Ah, maybe I shouldn't have turned on flash. -.- And damn flash for making my pimples seem so obvious as well. -.-

And lol! It was only examining that photo did I finally manage to notice the New Year's decorations on the wall! XD Lol! I'm such an inattentive idiot. XP



We then went out for dinner. Took a photo of the PIE as we walked across. :P



Took a photo of the streets of Aljunied as well. :P



Ate oyster omelette, haha, then walked to Aljunied MRT Station (which grandmother told me is closer than Paya Lebar MRT Station. Sorry, I don't know how to walk to grandmother's house from Aljunied MRT Station -.-) to take a train home.



These four people kept repeating these four sentences that I have, to some extent, picked them up and use them in my speech patterns. -.-

Ming Yuen: Okay!!
Sin Wei: Blur diao.
Mark: 没天理。 (No heavenly justice.)
Andy: Steady ah!

Just felt like blogging about it.



Heh, I read up to Naruto chapter 262, and after finishing Part I, I find that the Kakashi Gaiden (外伝; side story) is rather nice, haha. I understood the chapter cover of chapter 16 much more now.



The photo on the left is Kakashi's old team, while the one on the right is Kakashi's team during the story.

I think Kakashi's pose on the right is directly copied from his sensei's, Namikaze Minato, lol, who is the Fourth Hokage and also Naruto's father. Also, both of the ones on the left, who are also the only black-haired people (in the black-and-white manga at least), are from the Uchiha clan, lol. Both Kakashi and Naruto on the right look irritated, haha, another similarity, and last but not least, Rin and Sakura, the only girls, have the same looks on their faces. XD

Coincidence? Lol.



Compare Kakashi in the above picture with Clone Syaoran from Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE below:



:O! Kakashi!! Did someone implant a seal into your left eye!?

Note: Syaoran implanted a seal into Clone Syaoran's right eye, so I had to flip the picture so it coincides with Kakashi's injured left eye, haha. :P

Last but not least,

No comments: