Friday, February 22, 2008

Sorry, guys

Sorry, guys, but I'm a lazy asshole. Has been too lazy to blog about what happened yesterday and today. I promise I'll blog about these two days, as well as tomorrow, on tomorrow itself. So that's three blog posts coming right up tomorrow. Meanwhile, let me slack and procrastinate. ^_^"

Anyway, here is what happened in my life so far:

Yesterday:
  • Work, work
  • Went to grandfather's house
  • Only Dave's family and mine went -.-
Today:
  • Took a half-day break from work due to boredom and left at 11am
  • Met my neighbour on the bus back home; his school had a cross country run at Bedok Reservoir Park
  • Went to watch the Death Note spin-off movie - L: Change the World with Vernon
  • Two hours to waste before the movie. Went to play arcade, among various other things
  • The movie is not bad. I'm starting to like L, haha (even though I think I still like Light better :P)
  • I can't believe I walked out of the cinema mimicking L, with both hands inside the pocket of my jeans and walking with my back bending forward, haha.
  • Vernon had to go early, since he promised to meet up with his friend to play pool. Oh well.
I'm going off now. :P Okay, that's it. No more procrastinating tomorrow. I swear...





And now, the elaborate part of today's blog post starts... NOW! Let it rip!

It was so boring at work that when combined with my laziness and my desire to slack, it overwhelmed my determination. Pretending to look sick, I asked my line leader for me to take a half-day break. She accepted, and off I went, merrily going home. ^_^ Yay, I can now go home and play some computer games!! :D

Outside the industrial park, I crossed the road and stopped at the bus stop, examining the signboard stating which bus stops do the buses which stop here would further stop at. I realized that bus 28 goes through here, and I can take it to reach Tampines Mart directly, which is a mere five minutes' walk away from my house, so I started waiting for it.

It came soon enough, packed and crowded to the point of oblivion. o.O Okay lah, maybe not that exaggerated, but the sad truth is that it is still packed and crowded. -.- If Jasmine feels like she is a jasmine-flavoured sardine in a crowded bus (referring to the fact that when you buy and open a can of sardines, you can find the sardines tightly packed inside. Refer to Wikipedia for more information ^_^), then I think I'm either a roasted sardine (referring to my pyromania and love for fire :P), or a swordfish (hey, I'm a swordsman after all XP). Lol.

Swordfish...? Inside a can of sardines...?



That picture looks so weird that I don't want to comment on it.

Right, whatever.

Back on track. On the bus were a lot of people wearing the same T-shirt, with the same design, albeit with different colours. I noticed that there were four colours, and I could tell immediately: This is a school PE T-shirt, and the different colours stand for different houses (kind of like the four houses in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from the Harry Potter series: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin). Yeah, I remember that my primary school was like that, with four houses. (I still can't believe that out of all of the houses, they just had to throw me into Love -.-)

The bus gets less and less packed at each bus stop on the way, since the number of people alighting is more than the number of people boarding. Reaching the bus stop at my secondary school, I saw my neighbour among one of the students (I'm such a pathetic neighbour... Up to this point of time, I still haven't know his name yet. And they say that "远亲不如近邻 (Relatives who are far away are not as good as neighbours who are close by)". I'm such a bad neighbour.). He alighted with me at the Tampines Mart bus stop and we went home together.

Along the way, he told me that his school was holding a cross country run in Bedok Reservoir Park, so I figured that the crowded bus was because the students took it back home in Tampines. Oh well.

Went back home and played Risk II. Here is a screenshot I took. ;D



I left home at 3pm because I was supposed to meet up with Vernon at the Tampines MRT Station at 3.45pm. I reached there at 3.30pm. Hmm... Don't know whether is it because I arrived early or what, but I seem to have to wait for Vernon instead of the opposite happening every time we meet up. XD But still, I guess I am alright with it. Gives me time to go over to the ATM machine and get some money (I only have $12 in my wallet, lmao, and that is definitely not enough for a movie), as well as to top up my Ez-Link card (hard for the money inside not to deplete, since I take the bus at least once on average each day, and although I seem to be starting to get used to paying adult fares, it still sucks -.-).

Vernon came later, telling me that we should arrange to meet up in Tampines Mall next time, lol, since there is a shuttle bus service from his condo to Century Square. We went to the cinema in Tampines Mall, and the earliest showing of the movie that we want to watch, L: Change the World, is... 5.55pm. That's... two hours later. O__________________O

Having no choice, we went to buy two tickets of it. Yay, students get to enjoy a discounted price of $6 each for the movie tickets. Yeah, students. As long as I hold my secondary school Ez-Link card, I think I can be counted as a "student", can't I? I don't get why the guy copies my IC number down though. =.= Should have used Vernon's. Just kidding. XP

And there we have, two hours to try and waste. We initially thought of playing pool, but meh, both pool tables were occupied. We then started looking around the arcade, but there was nothing much to play, so we decided to go over to Century Square and play House of the Dead 4 at the arcade there. We threw in ten bucks each, for ten games in total, and started the pwnage.

I need to work on my accuracy, haha. XP We made it to the furthest we ever did (last time I played, I died at the third boss, The Empress, while Vernon didn't even make it to the third boss). This time, we managed to defeat the third boss, haha, although I died before we managed to finish it and Vernon had to handle it single-handedly. However, left with only one life, he was quickly pwned in the next chapter. XD

Vernon wanted to go back to check whether we can play pool or not, so I went with him. Nope, the tables are still occupied. We went to Popular to look at the manga, then to a CD store beside the arcade to look at the CDs. Lol, I didn't know they sell anime music CDs there, haha, although the only animes which there are music CDs available there which I recognize are One Piece, Bleach, Naruto and Tsubasa Chronicle. Anyway, I already have all the songs I wanted, downloaded into my handphone, lol, so I didn't buy any obviously. :P

Went back to the arcade again so Vernon could check out whether the pool tables are available or not. He's really into pool, isn't he? ^_^" But nope, tables still occupied. Seeing that there are only fifteen minutes left to the start of the movie, we hanged around in the arcade, chatting about stuff before we went in.

Lol, having watched exactly the same advertisements back when I went to watch Kungfu Dunk with Hong Wei, and Ah Long Ptd Ltd with Kim Hui, I sort of already memorized them, haha, so while watching the advertisements and waiting for the movie to start, I was annoying Vernon by saying the lines of the commercials. XD He kept telling me to shut up, lmao.

I don't understand why there are so many advertisements on hair shampoos though.

"I like black. Black looks good. Looking good means no dandruff. Clear means no dandruff. I trust Clear. Dandruff never comes back. My name is Rain. Clear. No dandruff."

"Dad believes working in the bakery was my destiny. Living with dry hair is what mom believes. But I believe, I can change my destiny. Change your hair. Change your destiny. Sunsilk Super Soft."

See? I told you I got them memorized. -____________-

Though not like getting them memorized would make me go out and buy some shampoos.

Well, as for the movie itself, I felt like I started to like L, haha. Even though I still prefer Kira. The girl whom L takes along is quite cute, haha. She's got a hairstyle that reminds me of Fym. XP Oh, and I can't believe the actress is only 13 years ago (according to Wikipedia. She looked so mature, I thought she was around 20 years old. Well, excuse me, I suck at estimating ages).

The villain in the movie, he got one Byakugan!! I don't know why they just don't give him two... Maybe that Byakugan was transplanted into him, just like how Obito gave one of his two Sharingan (with the other crushed under that stupid rock) to Kakshi?



And here's the real Byakugan, as demonstrated by Neji, so you get to compare. XD



The movie has too little action, I must admit. I was kind of expecting to see fighting scenes, especially when the villains are brandishing knives and rifles (I don't feel safe having that idiotic-looking guy holding the rifle. His accuracy must suck cock). Hey, L is able to fight after all, remember? That fight with Light in the anime when they were both handcuffed together was kinda cool, haha.

And oh, I can't believe that idiotic-looking kid turned out to be Near as well. Near is supposed to have white hair, and should look much cooler and smarter! XD Oh, and now I got why Near is so obsessed with that stupid robot in the anime. Though the difference in his age when compared to L in the movie was much greater than in the anime or manga.

And I can't believe either that Light makes so little appearances in the movie. キラは俺達の神様だ!! (Kira wa ore-tachi no kami-sama da!!; Kira is our God!!)

And poor Mello, he didn't get to make an appearance, unlike Near. Just who was it who sacrificed himself so that Mikami would expose his own Death Note, throwing a monkey wrench into Light's plans to kill Near and all of the SPK members?! O______O Don't forget that!! XD

And after the movie, the lights weren't turn on when the credits started rolling, and we overheard the guys sitting in front of us saying that there is a 'special part' after the credits, so we ended up wasting our time sitting through the credits, just to watch Light munch a chocolate bar before a message pops up saying "L rests in peace". *rolls eyes* I think that chocolate bar is a reference to Mello though, haha, since we always see him munching on his chocolate bars.



L looks so cute and funny, the way he types on the keyboard, haha. He raises his fingers and strike down on the keys hard, like poking, haha. Everyone in the cinema would always laugh out loud whenever L starts typing on the keyboard, whether is it on his laptop or in the truck. XD I tried typing this message using that way, but not only is it a slow way of typing, it slso turned otu like thjis (it also turned out like this). Not s efferc tiv lr wsy of typing, ai assuyre you. ai woner goe the hell could al type. well he's g genius after alkl. (Not a effective way of typing, I assure you. I wonder how the hell could he type. Well, he's a genius after all.)

Oh, and I kind of like the FBI guy who helped L out. His smile is that geeky-geeky type that would tend to make you laugh, haha, and not only is he rather humourous, he seems to have a good sense of justice as well, haha. Too bad he helped in the background, being the decoy and running around on L's trucks while being chased by the villains. I just love it when he cursed, "糞! (Kuso!; Shit!)", as he stated the obvious, that he is forced to become the bait again. XD

Oh, and finally:





I can't believe that I walk out of the cinema mimicking L, with both of my hands in the pockets of my jeans and walking with my back bended, haha. I noticed that while walking in that way, I was as tall as Vernon haha. No wonder Light seems to be taller than L, haha. And oh, I am surprised that Vernon only noticed my way of walking when we reached the arcade. -.-

Was planning to have dinner with Vernon, but meh, he was rushing back home as he had arranged to play pool with his friend. :(



No comments: