Friday, February 08, 2008

The second day commences

I can change my life!





Ouch. My injury from yesterday didn't seem to get any better. Anyway, it's the second day of Chinese New Year! :D Our first destination is Dave's house, to pay his father a visit, since everyone has already laid the blame on me for the glass hurting his butt. -.-



Wow at the long line of cars parked outside the mosque across Dave's house. Well, today is a Friday after all, the day when Muslims go to the mosque to pray.



Lol, Dave's desktop is sexy. He just plucks out the entire case. XD Anyway, after playing on his computer for some time, Dave got bored and wanted to go downstairs for a walk. I went with him.



Took this photo of his playground before we went down. XP I wanted to play there, but the Sun was too scorching hot, so we moved on.



Lol, a "backyard garden" near Dave's house.



Another playground near Dave's house. Man, his house has too many playgrounds, lol. We hanged around there for a while before Wen Qian called us to go back for lunch.

Damn, I should figured and expected it. Before lunch, first uncle and grandfather started me on a lecture about trying to start a fight with Edmond yesterday night. Bleh, give me a break. I didn't even land a punch on him or what. You guys just all jump in before we even warmed up.

After lunch, and playing Dave's computer, we had to go to grandmother's house, but since there are eight of us here, and my father's car can only fit five, Dave, Wen Qian and I decided to go there ourselves by taking a bus. The fact is that going there without adults can be quite pleasant and enjoyable, but "I don't want to sit in your car, it's full of bird shits." is a good reason to take a bus as well. XD



Took this photo at the corridor while waiting for Dave's parents to get ready and leave, lol.



Wen Qian wanted me to take a photo of her, so here it is. :O

In the end, lol, Wen Qian went ahead to accompany the adults downstairs, and apparently, her mother dragged her into the car. ...So Dave, there's only me and you left, buddy. Steel yourself. We are preparing... for an adventure. *draws sword* XP

Lol! Anyway, what kind of an adventure has us taking a bus, lol!? Since Dave is fine with anything (he told me that there is nothing to do at grandmother's house anyway, which is also the reason he brought his laptop along), and I prefer to walk (I used the excuse of "saving money from bus fares" :P), we decided to go on a journey. XD



And here is a map of the journey. XD 797KB, lol, and I spent half an hour on it. XD



This first photo of the journey, depicting his void deck, may seem pointless and stupid, but I took it to use its timestamp. Now we know that we started our journey at 4.45pm. Clever, aren't I? :P



...Lanterns? Are we celebrating Chinese New Year now, or are we actually celebrating Lantern Festival? O_______o



Dave sure looks well-armed and well-prepared on this journey.



That's... *consults the map* Bedok North Secondary School in the distance. I wanna sit on the swing, lol! :P



Ah-hah! Got a photo of Dave jaywalking. XP But how did I took this photo...? Because I was jaywalking right behind him!



We got to the front of Bedok North Secondary School, and in the distance, some factory that goes unnamed in the map. XD



Taking this photo of an overhead bridge was random, I must admit, but I can't help but try and figure out just how the heck Dave's head managed to sneak into this photo...



Lol, I was so curious I even took a photo of the fitness corner of some factory. I think Dave started getting irritated. XP



A photo of my left foot, haha. We continue walking, and our journey continues...



Some photo that I must admit, I forgot why I took it in the first place.



Automobile Megamart...!! O_______O



Stopped by POSBank to throw the money I got from red packets yesterday into my bank account. Dave asked me why I didn't remind him to bring his money along too, as he had money to deposit as well. Well, heck if I know! This is all coincidental, lol! I don't even know that there'd be a POSBank here!

And lol, that Cash Deposit machine I used was a pain-in-the-ass. Took us three tries to get the money in. The first try, it refused to accept my card for some weird reason. The second time, I accidentally pressed "deposit more money" after depositing everything, canceled the second one and ended up canceling the whole thing. The third time, I accidentally pressed for Malay language, but meh, having pressed the same buttons twice just now, I can navigate my way through Malay.

Oh, and haha, Dave was being rather irritating. Kept saying, "Oh! I saw your PIN!" *rolls eyes*



We stopped by 7-Eleven, as Dave wanted to buy a bottle of mineral water. The mineral water ended up too expensive for him (well, at $2, it'd be expensive for everyone!), so he ended up buying nothing, while I bought myself a cup of coca-cola-flavoured Slurpee. It's been so long since I last drank it, lol. That cup was freaking difficult to cap though. :x

I took that photo as the two of us exit and prepare to continue on our journey. Wen Qian happened to SMS us, asking us where we are (since after all, we had already spent thirty minutes on our journey. If we are on a bus, we should be there by now XD). I MMSed her this photo. XD



According to the map, that in the distance, beyond the field of grass, is the Paya Ubi Industrial Park! :D ...Irrelevant to our journey, I know. Let's move on.



Wondered if I can continue to take photos efficiently with one hand (I had Dave hold my cup of Slurpee while taking that previous photo). Here is the result, a photo taken by my left hand of my right hand holding my cup of Slurpee. o.O



Dave is starting to get irritated at me for stopping and taking a photo for no reasons whatsoever. XD



Okay, this one of a canal is lame, yes. ^_^"



Two huge and cute-looking pineapple lanterns! :D



Found this on the grass along the road. Had no idea what it is whatsoever. Took a photo of it, no questions asked.



Whatever the heck you call this thing at the bus stop, it sure looks burned, lol.

As we continued our walk, Dave suddenly exclaimed, "Boss fight! Boss fight!" I was wondering what kind of foolish creature dare jump in and block our way, and as I prepare for a fight, we walked in closer, and I saw what made Dave jumped. It was just a freaking dog. -.- Lol, Dave, so this dog is your so-called 'boss fight'?

Huh? It can rip off that chain attached to its collar? And it can transform as well? Right, give me a break... Yeah, Dave actually told me that, lmao. He also told me not to take a photo, as who knows what it would do. Who cares, I have faith in the strength of that chain. XD





And we reached the Aztech building, a company manufacturing voice and data communications products. That Aztech modem I bought and used to use really sucks. XP



Some temple in the distance. :O



The A-Z Building. I used to always get fascinated by its name for some reason, lol.



Yoshida would suddenly want to walk through this area very fast and briskly if he was with us. ;P



Photo of Dave waiting for the traffic lights to turn green at the 4-way intersection. Because the MacPherson MRT Station was going to be built nearby, part of the road was changed into metal, probably to aid in the building of the MRT Station. Dave notices that the metal tends to vibrate when a heavy vehicle, like a bus or a lorry, drives past. XD



While waiting for the lights to turn green, I took photos of the surroundings as well. This is of some construction for unknown purpose in front of the Geylang Neighbourhood Police Centre.



This, too, is part of the MRT Station being built, I suppose. Man, when is it going to be completed? *checks Wikipedia* Two years later? Great... Well, better look forward to it. It's going to help a lot in going to grandmother's house, haha.



That's, in the distance, ITE College Central, MacPherson Campus, haha.



A photo of the MRT Station in construction. Sure looks dangerous, no? (Was being sarcastic)



Lol, it sure seems as if a pile mountain (you call that a pile!? O_O) of sand is always necessary in construction sites.



A photo of Caltex across the road. Check the map yourself for the name of the two buildings behind it. XD



This is... the MRT track? O_______o

Lol, and we got stopped by someone from China. He's asking for directions to go to Serangoon MRT Station. We took a long time figuring out how to get there, looking through the list of bus stops buses stopping at the nearby bus stop stop at (do I make any sense to you? :P), and in the end told him to walk fifteen minutes or so to Paya Lebar MRT Station and to take the MRT to Serangoon. Turns out in the end, he decided to get another group of strangers to ask that question, even though we got him the perfect answer. Pfft. So much for helping him. Our journey continues.



Lol, dirty drain water. :P



Very random. o.O



The path ahead is not a straight one, neither is it an easy one... But we will always... charge forward.



...... I must be bored out of my mind then.



And we continued our journey, with Dave in the lead!



Upgrading, yeah, sure, sure. How long has this sign been around? Five or six years?



Wow. A sports car we spotted at the carpark, haha.



When playing soccer here, you are not allowed to do this pattern:





A photo of the carpark. We are close, and reaching our destination...



Blimey! Isn't that... the overhead bridge that Mark, Dan, the rest of them and I took yesterday on our way to McDonald's? XD Lol, I didn't know you can reach it from there!



Despite almost reaching our destination, our footsteps do not slow down. Our minds do not falter. With our goal clearly in our minds, we move forward.



Ah, I wonder how long has it been since I last played at that rock-climbing playground, haha.



We saw a "stone path" [I asked four five (just asked Kamel, he didn't know either) six (just asked Angeline too, and not like she knew about it either) people online on MSN and none can give me a better name to call this thing. Go figure] and Dave was immediately interested in walking through it. While I could walk through it easily like a breeze without feeling any pain, Dave growls in pain with every step he takes, lmao, and went so freaking slowly, I have time to enjoy taking photos of him. XD



Just look at how tightly he is grabbing those handles! XD



Another canal.... I'm so bored. o_O



Wow...... So high...... Twenty-one floors in case you are wondering, haha.



A closer shot of the playground at grandmother's house, where we grew up playing it. XD



The table and benches at the void deck of grandmother's house. I remember one time, Mark and I were in grandmother's house when we got bored and decided to come down for a walk. We then wanted to buy some drinks, but I didn't bring any money, so he blanjahed me 100-Plus, haha. XD



And who the heck would have know that Dave, seeing that bench, would immediately sit down and stop for a rest, with our destination so close? O_O Lol. We rested for like five minutes or so before we moved on.

And thus, we spent one hour and a half before we finally reached our destination, haha. Oh well, objectives completed, I suppose. :P Dave and I sat down at the living room, watching TV. Some guy with a sword just keeps spinning and spinning around and he can blocks, dodges and deflects arrows sent by a hundred or so archers. O_____O Forget archers, his spinning and spinning around can even send people launching spears at him flying! O_____O

I got bored by the TV program a short while later and went inside the room. Lol! Mark, Dan, Wen Qian, Wen Ling, Wen Si and Kimberly... They are all in there already, playing Chinese Blackjack! I joined in, of course, haha.

Oh, and lol, Mark was wearing spectacles with thick frames, making me go, "Huh? Since when do you wear spectacles?" Turns out there that isn't any lenses in it, lol... He's only wearing it for appearance. Heh.



Kimberly is just too good at getting Five Dragons. Luckily for us, she very rarely becomes the dealer. XP



Took this photo secretly in boredom because Mark was taking one heck of a time shuffling and dealing out the cards. Oh, and in appears that in her boredom, Wen Ling took her brother's spectacles and is trying them out as well. XD

Dave comes in a while later, with the intention of using the power socket inside the room to charge his laptop, so he ended up stumbling on us playing blackjack. He immediately goes all, "Oh! Illegal gathering! Illegal gathering!!"

He conveniently forgot to mention the fact that he is the 老大 (lǎo dà; boss) of this illegal gathering. XD

We later got extremely bored of blackjack. There is no need for me to further elaborate, because...







A picture speaks a thousand words, and I'm sure these three thousand words (三刀流奥义:三千世界!; Santouryuu Ougi: Sanzen Sekai!; Three-Swords-Style Special Attack: Three Thousand Worlds! ) have already clearly highlighted how bored we were. XD



I took a photo of Mark sleeping at the exact same sofa last year, so why not do it again this year too?

We went to the living room to watch the movie Shaolin Soccer. The plot ran too fast, lol, so I found that there seems to be no time to develop the other characters, but whatever, it was still a good show, haha. The special effects are awesome, haha.

And oh, in my boredom during a commercial break, I took Mark's Aizen-like spectacles and told Wen Qian to take a photo of me wearing it. XP



After the two-hour movie, we went back to the room to play Blackjack, albeit missing Dan, who apparently ran off to hang out with his friends. I only knew that after asking his sister where the heck he is, lol. Dan is just too good in rogue skills like Stealth and Vanish. XD



As usual, Kimberly is just too good at unleashing Five Dragons.

Dave later got bored of Blackjack, and since he is the 老大, who dares to defy him? We later started to play Cheat!, but since there are seven of us (Dave, Mark, Wen Qian, Wen Ling, Wen Si, Kimberly and I, yup, seven), we had to discard three cards (add them into the pile) and play with each player starting with seven cards. XD

We also played with another twist, that when a game ends immediately, the losers pay the winner five cents for each card the loser has remaining in his or her hand when the game ends, rounded down to ten cents. Yup, we turned Cheat! into a gambling game.

The first game, Kimberly won, and I only had five cards, so I only paid twenty cents, haha. Dave though, that idiot went collecting cards and ended up paying ninety cents. XD The second game though, I was the one who went collecting, so when Wen Ling won, I ended up paying eighty cents.

Shouldn't have went collecting, lol. Light a fire too huge, and you will end up burning yourself. Or something like that. ^_^"

After we got bored of playing, we went back to the living room and watched some television. Another photo taken secretly in boredom.



It sucks that I have to wake up early in the morning tomorrow to go to work. Not helped by the fact that I would probably be forced to do sub, and end up going home at seven or so, which is going to dampen my ability to celebrate Chinese New Year with my cousins. More like, I'll get so tired from work I'll fall asleep once I reach home. -.-

It was a rather tough decision, I must admit, torn between responsibility and laziness. My mother kept pestering me to go to work. Talked crap about earning lots of money. Meh. Inside my mind, I felt like just being defiant and doing otherwise just to spite her. Then, I went ahead and asked Dave for his opinions. His reply was simple, short and sweet. "Pon lah!!"

Thank you, Dave. If I have to choose to listen to either you, or a hundred of my mothers (I hope I don't ever have to listen to a hundred of my mothers though. I already can't stand one nagging at me), I'd choose to listen to you, Dave. Settled. PON AH!

Went home afterwards. What a day.

On the car on the way back home, my mother asked me what I would do if I received a call tomorrow informing me that I do not have to go to work ever again (in other words, I got fired). I told her that I would:
  1. Cheer out loud
  2. Jump in joy
  3. Run around the living room three times to celebrate my new-found freedom
My mother replied in disgust, "Then wouldn't your father have to take care of you?" I turned my head right to look at my father (who is driving the car by the way), pat him on his shoulders and tell him "よろしくお願いします。 (Yoroshiku onegai shimasu; please take good care of me)." XD!



This car I saw at my carpark looks nice, lol. Just don't know what brand it is. XD

Edit made on 12 February 2008:

Kaml: The car is a Mazda xD

One point for clever Kamel-chan! :D

No comments: