Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year ^_^

Here. Take my hand and hold it tight. That way, I'll make sure that you won't get lost again.




Happy Chinese New Year to everyone! :D



It's a clear blue sky today. ^_^

My parents and I went to a temple in Loyang to pray. The huge crowd of people scared me, so I decided to stay in my father's car and enjoy the air-con and music from my handphone. XD Right in front of me is a huge statue of 财神 (God of Fortune), so I decided to take a photo to prevent myself from making a wasted trip here. XP





Took a photo of an off-peak vehicle in front of us as well for the sake of fun. XD Must be embarrassing to drive with a red license plate, lol, since it is as if shouting loudly to everyone, "I'm poor and have to do this to pay less road tax!" O.o



Traffic jam in PIE on our way to grandfather's house. Damn.



Oh shit! The EMAS said it's gonna be a massive jam all the way to KALLANG?! Fuck, fuck, fuck!!



I have time to take a photo of a closer look of the EMAS, since the speed at which my father is driving is very slow after all, since there's a freaking traffic jam.



Jams on both side. Steady boh? =.=



And oh my God, an accident as well. Sigh, so sad, to have car accidents on Chinese New Year. :( At the speed at which my father was driving at (the jam starts to clear off), this was the only photo I managed to take. There was one worse, a black car with a totally smashed front.

Reached grandfather's house at 1pm. I thought we would be last, since it is already so late, but no, we were instead first. *rolls eyes* They have no sense of time.



In my boredom, I took a photo of the table, with all the goodies. :P



I got really bored and decided to take a photo of the decoration in the living room. They seem to be there for years already, since grandfather was always lazy to take them down. XP

And I got really, really bored, and took down those two swords from the wall, while grandfather was busy cooking lunch in the kitchen and not looking. Neither of the swords are sharp. Indeed, both of them have blunt edges. In other words... DAMN!! They are decorative swords, not meant as weapons! Shit!! :x



I can tell two things from this photo.
1. The blade of the black sword on the right is black and dirty.
2. I can't take photos with one hand (since the other one is wielding the sword, as I'm sure you can see).



Looking at the point of the sword reminds me of Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, in Tokyo, when Syaoran tried to kill his clone. XD






And wow, inscribed in the blade of the sword is a drawing of two dragons! Beautiful! ^_^

I took the silver sword on the left and took off its plastic wrapping. Wow, I didn't realize it looks so beautiful inside its wrapping, lol!



Ack, I fail at using auto-focus please?



A ferocious dragon inscribed into the sheath.



I like the yin-yang symbol inscribed onto the sheath as well, haha.



It's got a nice hilt as well. ^_^

Got bored later and put the swords back. My hands are black and dirty from touching and wielding those swords, lol! When was the last time they were being touched!? As I wash my hands, the water running out of my hands were black!!

I went to the kitchen, where my mother was helping grandfather prepare lunch. She told me to take a photo of her cutting vegetables, so whatever.



And she was like, "What the heck? You didn't take a photo of my face?" *rolls eyes* Who wants take your face? XD



And a photo of my grandfather's so-called "backyard". Yes, I'm really bored.



Reminds me, Edmond and I used to walk at that rooftop. We caused a huge hole on it, and our first uncle (Dave's father) had to fix it. We got scolded, haha. Can't believe that guy now has such a pai kia appearance, it pisses me off so much... Sorry, can't help it, I'd rather be aggressive than get aggressive at.

Dan's family came a while later. Wasn't in contact with him for an entire year (except last night, but he didn't even know it was me), so we didn't chat much. Just asking him about his handphone's specifications and stuff. Yeah. My second uncle (Dan's father) asked me where I was working, I told him, "Same with aunt." (Hong Wei always teases me for that) He was like, "Eh?", and Dan's mother came later and told me that uncle doesn't know that she is working.

Well, what the fuck? A husband not knowing that his wife is working?

Anyway, my mother starts to nag about how since I am working now, I should give a red packet to grandfather, so whatever... I borrowed grandfather's bicycle (which used to be my mother's; she gave it to my grandfather. Lol, I still remember when I was in Primary 2, that's nine long years ago, my mother used to take me to school using that bicycle, lol) and cycled to the POSB ATM.

Went there and withdrew $200, $100 for grandfather and $100 for grandmother, haha. Damn you, Dave, for giving them $200 each, thus making my $100 pales in comparison!! :x

And shit, I was careless, but on the way back, the left handle of the bicycle flew out, and in my shock and panic, I lost balance and tripped. Damn, I'm such a stupid idiot. I should have concentrated on regaining balance instead of preparing myself for falling without getting myself injured much. Lol.

So yeah, thanks to the three seconds or so of reaction time, I used my right arm to block the full impact. Got some minor wounds on my stomach and right leg though, but almost the entire damage is on my right arm. Ouch, it is hurting now as I type this.



A photo of the bicycle. Notice its left handle inside the basket. I put it back there after kicking it around to express my anger. ^_^



And my wound, covered with bandages, lol. My aunt, whom I borrowed bandages from, told me that it is weird for someone to cover a wound with two bandages forming an 'X', but what does she know?



We are pirates!! XD



It's lunchtime, but I'm not that hungry (ate too many prawn crackers), so I was lazing in the living room and taking this photo as they eat. XP



Took this photo of "Bobby" (:P) secretly after lunch, haha.



Ferrero Rocher should be eaten on Valentine's Day, not on Chinese New Year! I know they are just a week apart, but...!



Another photo taken secretly (:P), this one of Dan and his sister, Wen Si, lol. I can't believe she's already in Sec 3, how fast.

The rest came later, but didn't chat much or anything. We were preparing to leave grandfather's house and go to grandmother's house, but my father took his own sweet time, so I killed some boredom by taking a photo of grandfather's front door. :P On the left is my mother and on the right is my fifth uncle (Mark's father), haha.





My father's car got bombed by bird shit. Happy New Year, dad.



Arrived at grandmother's house, and took a photo of the playground where we used to play in when we were kids, haha. What's that pile of sand in the background though?



Construction of the KPE is still underway. Nice view, eh? XD



Boredom made me take this photo of grandmother's living room. XP

Went to play more Chinese Blackjack with my mother and grandmother. Yup, I still don't think I won enough yet. XP



Five Dragons! My favorite combo to do in Blackjack, haha. Two times the bet, w00t. And this one was a straight win. I already knew I would get Five Dragons before opening my last card (which is a six). :P



Another Five Dragons where I also already knew I would get Five Dragons before opening my last card (which is also a six). :P



Lol, was rather bored waiting for my grandmother to shuffle and give out the cards, so I took this photo of my two fifty-cents coins standing up. O.o



And this one of it spinning like a BeyBlade.

Round and around, we keep on spinnin'!
We're taking 'em out with the coins spinning!
On and on, there's just no quitting !
Coins, just keep on ripping!

XD

The rest started coming, and we played blackjack ourselves in the room, lol. Can't remember much detail about it, but it was fun, haha. After that, it was dinner, and then we watched the movie I Do I Do. Sometime during the movie, Edmond, who was sitting behind me, and I started to break the peace off.

Edmond: You talk too much. Basically, you wanna say you're a friend of justice, right? You sure like to beat around the bush. If I piss you off that bad, why don't you just attack me?
Samy: No. I am not saying that you irritate me. I am saying that you are unforgivable! All of your words and actions distrurb the peace we have created! I have no grudge, but... for the sake of peace, I must eliminate you! Bankai! Kyoudai Aidagara!!

Nah. The conversation wasn't so cool. So, anyway, before we even started fighting, like five or so of our uncles jumped in and pulled us apart. Meh, what a buzzkill. Along the way of stopping our fight, first uncle (Dave's father)'s back smashed into a piece of glass nearby, and the glass shattered, and ouch, he got his ass hurt by the glass.

So the mood changes totally and abruptly, and neither of us even landed any punches. Serious buzzkill. Bunches of lectures coming my way. I don't want to talk about or elaborate on it. Skip. *presses fast forward* Oh, anyway, Dave's family left immediately to accompany first uncle to the hospital. Man, next time I fight, I'm not choosing a place with glass nearby.

Mark, Dan, Wen Ling (I forgot her Western name XD), Wen Si, Kimberly and fifth aunt (Mark's mother) wanted to go to McDonald's, so I decided to go along.



Took a photo of the PIE as we crossed it. I don't know why it turned out so blurry though.



Be jealous of our fries!! :D Oh wait, Dan's hand is blocking the camera. Damn.



Now, be jealous of our fries!! :D That's Mark right in front of me and Wen Ling beside him by the way (Dan is on the left, as you can tell by his hand on the previous picture, while Wen Si was sitting beside me :P).

Oh, and lol, Dan was rather busy. Friends kept calling him. I like it when he picks up his phone and immediately say, "What the heck do you want with my life?" XD

On our way back, we reached the overhead bridge crossing PIE. The rest decided to walk up the staircases, but Mark and I decided to head up using the slope for cyclists. Yes, we belong to the opposition! :D





On our way back, we saw this, and I asked, "Eh? What the hell is this for?" Dan replied, "Mari kita. (The first two words of our national anthem, Majulah Singapura, and the phrase in which we always refer to the song)" Mark formally replies, "Majulah Singapura." Oh, lol, for flag-raising, I see... But why here, of all places? O.o

Nothing much to do. We played a few rounds of Blackjack, and then left for home.



No comments: