Monday, February 04, 2008

Thinking of you, I wanna be by your side...



Thinking of you, I wanna be by your side...

Note: The words read "一瞬の輝きの為に". Read as "isshun no kagayaki no tame ni" and means "for that instant of brillance". I'm freaked out by the fact that, not having taken any Japanese lessons at all before, I knew how to read that sentence and understand its meaning.



*blogs about work*

This is really, really ironic. Last Saturday, I went to Tampines MRT Station late. Now, this morning, I reached there too early. =.= At 6.17am, to be exact, judging from the timestamp of the photo I took of the bus to work. Man, the driver is early too, haha. Both of us has gotta wait for half an hour there. XD



Breakfast was with Adrian, Kim Hui, Sin Wei and second uncle. Guess what? I ate roti prata again, haha. XD Kim Hui too, lol. Adrian decided to just eat bread today, because last Saturday he ate noodles, he could not finish them in time and had to leave it there and waste it, since he has to urgently return for daily meetings.

My line leader was giving out money for sub, so yay, I got $27.15 for the sub I did two weeks ago, haha. A lot of people came after that, though after Andy left, my line leader realized her pen was missing and started complaining about it. Somehow, I was very sure that Andy took it. Yup, no concrete evidence, no solid proof, just pure personal biasness. Turns out he really took it, when my line leader shouted for him. He came running back to return the pen, apologizing repetitively. I couldn't resist the urge to shout, "ZAI ZAI! (Figures!)" *rolls eyes*

Noodles parade with Hong Wei, Sin Wei and Kim Hui during lunch, all four of us ate noodles, haha. Hong Wei's came the latest, so the three of us already started eating when he didn't. A colleague of ours, who work in the same line as Hong Wei, walked past, took a glance at our table and asked, in a loud and sharp tone, "为什么不要吃? (Why not eat?)" I laughed at hearing her tone, haha. It almost seemed to suggest that Hong Wei is trying to starve himself to death, or he is on a hunger strike, or something like that, haha. And oh, thanks to Hong Wei for treating us drinks! XD


A photo I took secretly of the noodle parade after everyone is done, other than Hong Wei. As you can see, the noodles stall uses yellow bowls and plates. XD

The second uncle came along and joined us a bit later. Having finished his lunch at our workplace, he came down to get a drink. After finishing our drinks, my empty coca-cola can and Kim Hui's empty green tea can kept trying to blow away thanks to the strong winds generated by the winds, so this is what I did. "Bakudou no Juu-Hachi (缚道の十八; Way of Binding, number Eighteen)! Seal of Four Bowls!"



I don't excel in kidou though, so instead of four bowls, I got three bowls and a plate. XD Oh well, at least it is effective, haha. :P (I still don't get why our noodles come in bowls and Hong Wei's in a plate though, lol...)

The second uncle finished his drink as well, and so we had another can we need to seal up. XD As the four bowls three bowls and one plate (damn you and your noodles, Hong Wei :P) weren't enough to completely surround the three cans, we added Hong Wei's mug as well. XD Now, I call this... "Bakudou no Ni-Juu-Roku (缚道の二十六; Way of Binding, number Twenty-Six)! Seal of Three Bowls, One Plate and One Mug!!" Damned long name, no one's going to use it in combat... -.- By the time you cast it, your enemy would have ground (this is the past tense of "grind", isn't it...? ) you to smithereens... o.o



In my boredom during work, I found that the Japanese surname "Watanabe (渡辺)" is rather common, as I've seen a number of people with that surname on the recipient's name and address parts of the envelopes that I am pasting stamps on. Reminded me of Watanuki, lol, the protagonist of xxxHolic, since his surname also starts with "wata", although written with completely different kanji.

Then my mind started to wander further off... "Wata" sounds like "what the" in English, doesn't it? What if someone is named "Wataheru", which just sounds like "what the hell"? XD I couldn't resist smiling at the thought of that ridiculous name (thankfully I could resist laughing out loud though, or else my colleagues would all stare at me and thought of me as mad for laughing out loud all of a sudden XD), and my mind started to wander even further off. I thought of a conversation in a RPG (Role Playing Game) of the first meeting between a Japanese antagonist who couldn't speak English, the protagonist who couldn't speak Japanese, and his mate who could speak both languages and act as his translator. But the antagonist needs a given name, I thought, so while continuing to paste stamps, I noticed the names on the envelopes, and I found a suitable one - Galan, lol.

Antagonist: よう!久しぶりだな! (Yo! Long time no see!)
Translator: ああ!手前! (Ah! You bastard!)
Protagonist: What's this? You guys know each other?
Translator: Yeah... This guy was the bastard who mugged me and took my items last time!
Protagonist: Hah, so that's the bugger you were talking about? Okay, revenge time! Prepare to eat steel! *draws sword*
Antagonist: あれ?貴様は誰だ?俺様は絋減だ!絋減ガランだ! (Ah? Who the hell are you? I'm Wataheru! Galan Wataheru!)
Translator: *confused* わたへる? (Wataheru?)
Protagonist: *even more confused* What the hell?
Antagonist: *feeling insulted and angry, shouting* 絋減だ! (WATAHERU!)
Protagonist: What the hell?

That sure will piss any antagonist off... XD By the way, the kanji I used for "Wataheru" (絋減), I got them by searching for a kanji word with the reading "wata" and another for "heru", put them together and make them look like a Japanese surname. XD

I have this colleague at work named Sebastian who I don't interact with much. He's rather tall and muscular, laughs a bit weird, tends to whistle loudly throughout work and seems like a rather nice guy, haha. Anyway, he was whistling again during work today, but this time, he was whistling new year songs! XD Lol! Some of us laughed hearing that, while others comment, "New Year is coming, isn't it?" XD I almost had an urge to sing along... XD

Lol. After work, while waiting for the bus outside the factory, Kim Hui and I saw the toilet cleaning uncle, wearing a cap and a bag, and riding a bicycle.



I don't know about you, but the first thing it reminded me of is the male protagonist of Pokémon. Always wearing a cap, always with a bag on his back to store Poké Balls (I don't understand why would they, when Ash can just attach his to his belt) and other items, and always on a bicycle to travel around the whole world in speed (please, find me some guy who doesn't use the bicycle to travel around while playing Pokémon after obtaining the bike...). Yup.



XD



There's this level 100 two-handed sword in MapleStory I found. It's called the Ribgol Sword.



ZABIMARU!! O________O



I found the volume cover of Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE volume 22, and w00t, it looks so good, lol. The whole Syaoran vs. Clone Syaoran and white vs. black theme, just like Quincy/Hollow/Arrancar (just because the three races are white doesn't mean the Quincy are friends with the Hollows and Arrancar though :P) vs. Shinigami in Bleach! XD I also like how they are crossing swords, haha, though have you ever see Syaoran's sword's sheath in the manga? O.o Come to think of it, Syaoran doesn't need a sheath for his sword, lol, as he hides his sword inside his left palm using magic and only take it out when he needs it. Well, at least we know that Syaoran is capable of executing iaido attacks and techniques, haha. XD

Better post that damn image up before I keep chattering and chattering and forget to do so... XD





No comments: