Friday, February 01, 2008

You, who hide behind your smile when you’re lonely, are a blade of unmelting ice

Someone who has a heart hurts himself in order to prevent hurting others.
Someone without a heart hurts others in order to prevent hurting himself.



Don't you think that life is rather funny? At work, I kill boredom by thinking of any interesting things happening today which I should be blogging about back when I get home. At home, I end up wasting time by staring at this screen below and thinking, "Hmm... What should I be blogging about?"



Next year, I'm going to waste money buying myself a freaking birthday cake. So I can blow the candles out and wish that I have a better memory. I want to have a memory storage of at least 160GB. Why the heck do I forget everything when I get home?!

Of course, I know, I could save a lot more money by just tossing a few coins into any Tom's well, Dick's well or Harry's well (according to Wikipedia here, any well can be a wishing well o.O), so I hereby blame the government for practically nuking every single well in Singapore. Well, not really "every", to be serious, but hey, who the hell would bother to go searching for a well when they are so freaking rare in Singapore?

Oh, and according to Wikipedia: "That wish would then be granted by the guardian or dweller, based upon how the coin would land at the bottom of the well. If the coin were to land 'heads-up,' the wish would be granted. If the coin landed 'heads-down,' the wish would not be granted."

Using the knowledge of probability theory that I have learnt during Maths lessons last year (I am grateful for the fact that I managed to stay awake through them),
  • the probability of a wish being granted, using one coin, is 50%
  • the probability of a wish being granted, using two coins, is 75%
  • the probability of a wish being granted, using three coins, is 87.5%
  • the probability of a wish being granted, using four coins, is 93.75%
  • the probability of a wish being granted, using five coins, is 96.88%
  • the probability of a wish being granted, using six coins, is 98.44%
  • the probability of a wish being granted, using seven coins, is 99.22%
  • the probability of a wish being granted, using eight coins, is 99.61%
  • the probability of a wish being granted, using nine coins, is 99.80%
  • the probability of a wish being granted, using ten coins, is 99.90%
You just have to throw in ten one-cent coins, and the chance of your wish being granted is practically 99.9%. So unless you are a disfavored son of the devils (they call Sakura in Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE a "favored daughter of the gods" because she has extremely good luck, so I thought I would use the complete opposite to call someone who have extremely bad luck XD), ten cents would get you any wish granted. XD

The above can only happen to be typed up by someone who is both:
  • bored
  • good in mathematics
And I believe that I do happen to fit in both of the criteria.







Ate breakfast with second uncle and Kim Hui. Man, I'm falling in love with the roti prata being sold at the coffee shop next to the factory already, lol! It's so crispy, and the curry is great as well! Eating it once for breakfast each day just isn't going to be enough for me, haha! XD Man, at the rate at which I'm going, I think I'm going to miss eating it after I quit my job so much that I'll come back specially just to eat it. XD Maybe I'd go at 9am and still get to meet my nakama at work? XD

Oh, I forgot to say this yesterday, but those bastards in the HR (Human Resource) department came up with another stupid policy at work. Because those funny assholes thought that it would look weird with people wearing various clothings of a variety of colours walking in and out of the factory, they decided that we would wear clothes of a certain colour, according to what day it is.
  • Monday - Blue
  • Tuesday - Blue
  • Wednesday - Blue
  • Thursday - Black
  • Friday - White
I pray to Lord Saradomin sincerely with all of my might, hoping that He would grant me the ability and memory necessary to remember what to wear. -.-

As you can probably see, this new schedule of ours is very fucked up for people like Hong Wei and me, who had come only to work for a short while and will be going in quite some time too, because they only gave us one blue T-shirt (they probably figured that it would be a waste to give us more, since we are leaving sooner or later anyway). And we have to wear it for three days in a row. -_______-

So I complained to my leader, and she went to the demonic supervisor. Some more write my name and shirt size on a piece of paper, raised my hopes, then come back an hour later and say, "Sorry, shirt run out."

I couldn't resist the urge to say "Stingy." once that demon got out of earshot. *rolls eyes*

Ate lunch with Hong Wei, Kim Hui and Sin Wei. After lunch, while getting back, there was another guy who took the lift with us. He was carrying two bags of bakkwa, and standing with his back to us. I was trying to silently tell my friends, through the usage of body language, "Let's hit him from behind and mug him of his bakkwa!!" XD

Of course, the three of them didn't do anything, just continued to lean on the walls of the elevator. Heck, only Kim Hui showed any signs of response; both Hong Wei and Sin Wei were busy attempting to ignore me. -.-

After that guy got off the third floor, I asked them why they didn't attack. Sin Wei said they were waiting for me to hit him first, lol. He then added, "Didn't you know some fighting techniques, by watching One Piece?" I replied, "Yeah, sure, but I was waiting for you guys as well. Most of the fighting techniques in One Piece are combo techniques." Yeah, sure, that isn't true to be honest, but he doesn't need to know that.

I can just imagine us shouting "Six Hundred Million Belly JACKPOT!!", with Kim Hui delivering a cross, Hong Wei delivering a hook, Sin Wei delivering an uppercut and me delivering... a flying kick. Sorry, guys, I'm not using my fists.



Near the end of work, it was raining damn hard, lol. It was so stormy the skies were dark and black, haha, and the roads were flooded, lol, but I only noticed the last part because Hong Wei, Kim Hui and I were sent to get the bags (actually, just the other two; I tagged along for fun :P). I even took two photos, lmao, despite my handphone almost running out of battery. XD

Note: The skies were so dark it looked like it was night. The photos just look like it is bright in the day because of the flash function of my camera. XD







Lol, took me long enough, I know, but I finally decided to download Synchronicity, the opening of Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations OVA. I guess I just couldn't resist it, Makino Yui (Sakura's seiyuu) has such a cute singing voice. XD

One Sakura sounds so cute already, what if we have the two Sakuras (the Real Sakura and Clone Sakura) to perform a duet? O.o Lol, I don't know if it is technologically possible to make it sound like two people are singing even though there's only one person, lol. Unless, I don't know, you want to try cloning Makino so we really have two of them, like we have two Sakuras in the manga?? O.o

And lol, I finally decided to download Life, the fifth Bleach ending as well. I remember when Sean was telling Hong Wei and I that he likes Yui's songs, and kept playing her songs, Life and Rolling Star (the fifth Bleach opening. How come both her songs end up fifth? O.o) on his handphone, lol? I also remember on the day of the release of 'O' levels results, when Yoshida and I were waiting for Vernon and Ephraim at Tampines MRT Station, the two of us listened to the songs he has on his playlist, and Life was one of them, lol. Now, I finally decided to download it as well, after Caleb told me to "might as well complete your collection". XD



Lol, it surprised me just now when Mark [whom I have pretty much lost contact with. Last time I saw him was during Chinese New Year last year, I believe (sorry, sorry, sorry! Last time I saw him was actually eight months ago. On our grandfather's birthday), and the last time we chatted, it was a four-minute-short MSN conversation two months ago regarding Edmond dying his hair red] gave me a call just now and asked me about my 'O' levels results, and then we started chatting about polytechnic life, for... *checks log on handphone* twelve minutes and twenty-three seconds. O_O

Lol, Mark, I'm glad you still remembered me (XP), but since we are going to meet up with each other anyway in a week's time (for Chinese New Year), must you really go ahead and exhaust our conversational topics? What are we going to chat about in grandfather's house to waste time next week? ^_^"

:P

No comments: