Saturday, February 02, 2008

I’m always, always by your side, no matter how far your heart strays

It is rather ironic that while I have been thinking yesterday of skipping work today, but in the end deciding to go anyway, now I end up late this morning, and that the bus from Tampines MRT Station to the factory has went to go ahead first and leave me alone. -.-

At the MRT Station alone, I called Sin Wei and found out that the bus has already left. Cursing and swearing, I don't really feel like blaming anyone. Not myself, who overslept for twenty minutes. Not the bus driver, who went ahead without waiting for me. Not the public bus driver, whom I had to wait at the bus stop for eleven minutes before his bus finally came. Not anyone.

Blaming anyone for your dumb luck sounds silly anyway, since this is all hitsuzen's fault. :O

So I had to decide whether to just go home and skip work, calling an hour later to report some excuse or another; or to go ahead to work, spending thirty minutes walking there. I decided on the latter.
"We're going on a journey to find myself!"
-Red, Pokémon Adventures
XD And I took photos along the journey, haha! XP I tried to make it from a "end up late, missed the bus and now freaking had to walk, damn it" trip to a "let's go and have fun walking at our own slow pace" trip. XD

The first photo I took... A view of Tampines Mall early in the morning.





I remember that after buying my new handphone, my father and I headed to Block 802 on dinner. Along the way, the car stopped at the traffic light in this exact place, and I decided to test out my new camera's zooming function. Zoomed in to the maximum and pressed the button, aiming the camera at the moving traffic. The photo turns out to capture a taxi. XD



Walked past Yujun and Yuchi's HDB block. Thought I should take a photo of it. XD



Seeing this overhead bridge reminds me... Ming Yuen and I crossed it on our way to Century Square, on the day we went to SAFRA, in an attempt to play Warcraft III.



Seeing this wide path reminds me of the good old times when Yujun, Yuchi, Caleb, Wenjia and I would always cycle together (well, Yujun would roller skate ;P). Because of the narrowness of most paths, we would always cycle in single files, so we end up only able to see the people in front of us [that's why, despite them always electing me to be the leader, I don't like to be one, lol, as I always have to turn back to make sure my nakama are doing alright. I prefer to be the navigator, haha, guiding the leader (most of the time I'd sabo Yuchi, since he's the youngest ). Oh, and that is also why we have the person at the back to look out for the safety and welfare of everyone, haha (most of the time that job ends up in Yujun's hands, since he's the oldest after all. Yup, older than me by nine days ^_^)]. But every time we cycle past this path, we would break our single-files and cycle side-by-side!! :D It's great to cycle with your friends side-by-side, haha, so I have grown to love cycling past that path. :P



A photo taken to check whether my camera is sharp enough to make sure the words on the signboard reading "EAST COAST PARKWAY" is readable or not. Turns out it isn't. Disappointment. D:



It's starting to get bright, lol. What a beautiful morning sky. :P Photo taken at the same spot as the one above, depicting the ECP sign.



Photo of the synthetic soccer pitch at SAFRA. Wonder if it would feel great playing soccer there, lol, I've never played on an artificial turf before. Then again, playing soccer with nakama is great, no matter where.



A photo of those palm trees (they are palm trees, aren't they?) outside SAFRA. Reminds me, it's been a long time since I last went to the beach. (I associate palm trees with beaches. Do you? :O)



Here, before entering the industrial park, I looked around to see whether I could see Kim Hui or not, as that guy is always late. Maybe I could go to work together with him, haha, I thought, but nope, can't see anyone who looks like him around. I went into the industrial park alone.



The entrance of SAFRA. Reminds me of when Ming Yuen and I went in there with excited thoughts, thinking of tactics and strategies to pwn our computer opponents in Warcraft III. It angers me thinking of it now. Fuck those bastards. "We only allow members of SAFRA..." Bullshit!



Ah... ITE... My most pessimistic thought before receiving my 'O' level results was that I would get a result so lousy, I literally get forced to go and study in ITE, lol... Then again, they won't open their doors for me, or so Edwyna said. It's so sad that even ITE wouldn't accept me... T_____T



edwyna: ITE would not open their door for you because you're too smart for them ;D don't worry too much, maybe your chem would be terribly screwed, but i think the rest will be fine ;D



A long path. It looks like I still have a long way to go. Mada mada dane. O_O



I look straight up at the never ending blue sky. Inhaling the passing breeze, I look up the hill, and... what the fuck!? Are those up there... swings?! What the fuck are swings doing up there?! O_O



I can almost see the end of the journey... But I must steel myself. In most journeys and quests, they leave the harshest part for the last. Who knows? I might get a dragon or two popping up in my face for a boss battle if I'm lucky. XD



Just thought I'd take a photo of the coffee shop across the road, which I would sometimes go to with my nakama during lunch. The chicken rice there is not bad, haha. And I know the signboard says "air-con", but so far as I know, there is no sign of any air-con there whatsoever. -.- False advertising, I guess.



And the coffee shop next to the factory. I'll get a better picture next time, if I aren't feeling lazy, I guess. Haha.



And there we are, at our destination. The factory, at long last.



This long road to the staff-only backdoor marks the final part of this journey. Where are those dragons? Hurry up, my sword is eager for a fight. :P



And this photo of inside the lift marks the end of the journey! ;D

Yes, I'm stupid enough to take a photo of a freaking lift. XD

When I went to my line, ready to start work, there was this guy with his back facing me that I thought was Kim Hui, since Kim Hui, after all, works in my line, and the guy has approximately the same height as Kim Hui. About to go forward and tell him, "Wow, today is the first time you arrive earlier than me, isn't it? ^_^", I noticed that this guy was wearing spectacles, lol. Turns out it's Sin Wei. Those spectacles remind me of the fact that I used to refer to him as "Aizen" in my blog, since Aizen from Bleach used to wear spectacles with thick frame, just like Sin Wei. XD

So... if that guy is Sin Wei... then... Kim Hui... is late...? Even... later than me? ...... XD! Kim Hui, even someone who is late end up in work earlier than you!! XD

Ended up cutting labels with Adrian and second uncle. Oh, I was lazy to explain in the past, so I suppose I would be wise doing so now. Cutting labels is, in other words, to cut off the labels pasted on the cartons (hence the names) and putting them at the respective place corresponding to the locational zone of where the mail inside are supposed to go to. I like to do this kind of work, haha, since I can do it at my own pace. Well, can't really call it a slack job, since those cartons are rather heavy. They weigh at an average 15kg, though 20kg cartons aren't uncommon. Another factor that makes me like this part of the job is because I get to train my strength while working, haha. Moving those heavy cartons left, right and center better aids in my muscular strength, or I'll go on a rampage and a killing spree. XP

Anyway, there was something weird with today's shipment. There was this really huge carton, lol. Really, really huge!! About the size of twelve standard, large cartons! O_O Adrian cut the label off, and the both of us opened it up to see just what the hell is in there. Tons of calendars, all supposed to be sent to Germany. There were so many calendars that I told Adrian that after anyone, unlucky enough to get forced to process this, finished processing it, everyone in Germany would have a calendar each. XD

We were instructed to dump those calendars into empty cartons, so the two of us started work. A short while later, second uncle came to join us, and the three of us started to busy ourselves throwing those stupid calendars into those empty cartons that I went to take, haha. Oh, and hidden inside it was... a black caterpillar. O__O Thanks to my dislike and fear of insects (I just don't get why I fear insects though. They are so much smaller than us, what can they do? Still, I just fear them. Lol. I'm such a spineless coward), I quickly backed off, haha.



Picture is blurry because I took this photo secretly (hello! Do your boss let you take photos during work at where you work?) and quickly (so no one would walk over here and find out), so I didn't use auto-focus. As you can see, it is crawling among the calendars, lol. Adrian and I were taking those rubber bands holding the calendars together and using them to shoot that damned caterpillar. XD

And lol, our job is just to dump those calendars into empty cartons, so do we have to hold them together in bundles using rubber bands? Don't think so. XD

I got sick of and annoyed by the caterpillar later on, so I flung it to an area where we have already cleared out the calendars, and used box sealing tape to quickly seal it up. XD Bakudou no San-Juu-Roku (縛道の三十六; Way of Binding, number Thirty-Six)! Box Sealing Tape!! XD



And trust me, with a dispenser, it is extremely fast to do it before it runs away and escapes. ;D



Then again, just one should be enough, haha, as after all, tape is adhesive, so it shouldn't be able to run away, haha. But my paranoia and pessimism just made me go a few steps further, haha. XD

In the end, Adrian was supposed to take the pallets, cardboard and trash out to throw. I decided to accompany him. Took a photo of what I dub "marks the graveyard of that stupid caterpillar". XD





And this to show just how fucking huge that stupid carton is. That caterpillar is somewhere in there. Yeah.

Oh, and Hong Wei didn't go to work today. Turns out he took a leave. Well, it was rather hard to notice about that fact, haha, since he's always so silent, so in terms of the sound level, there really isn't any difference as to whether he's there or not. :P Unlike Andy. It's so fucking noisy when he is here, and when he isn't, it's so peacefully quiet and calm. Oh, he didn't come to work today as well, but who gives a flying fuck about him?

Ate breakfast with Kim Hui, Sin Wei, Adrian and second uncle. Yup, I ate roti prata again. Obvious, isn't it? ^_^ I like eating breakfast with lots of people. :D

Guess what? My line ended up processing those calendars. D:

Ah, nothing much of interest left to blog about for work.



Hmmm, looks like One Piece chapter 487 and Bleach chapter 308 are out. Nowadays, I don't really anticipate manga, lol. I don't even bother waiting for them, haha. I just let life goes on, and if a new manga comes out, I'll just go and check it out. Work can do this kind of shit to you.

I guess I'll read One Piece first.



Lol, poor Iceburg!! XD First her former secretary keeps saying the phrase "sexual harassment", now he really gets sexually harassed!! XD And lol, it's so obvious that she won't get hired; Paulie would be the first to say no. XD

...Though, number 153 looks rather cute. Too bad she's rather short, or I'd hire her if I were Iceburg.

I upon seeing Brook fifty years ago. XD And lol, Brook's eighty-eight years old now?! XD That's more than twice the age of Franky, the oldest Straw Hat, at thirty-four years old! XD
"You're making the name of the 'Rumba Pirates' who can even make a crying child laugh cry!!!"
O.o

One whole chapter on Brook's past? Nice. It almost looks as if he is definitely going to join now. XD



Bleach! :O

Lmao!! Nnoitra's hole in in his left eye!! XD Lol!! That's weird!!

Haha, Zaraki cut Nnoitra. Yes! :O And holy shit!! He even cut his sword! There's our pwnage Captain Zaraki for you. ;D And wow... Blocking a Cero with a bare hand... Power nia... His eyepatch is off, lol! Nnoitra hit it off, and...

Yup. Good game, Nnoitra. Zaraki wins. :D

No comments: