Thursday, March 27, 2008

From the second I wake up, it's nag, nag, nag...

I guess I should blog about my Final Fantasy X progress so far, haha.

I realized that battles are easy now that I have two physical attackers able to break the pitiful limit of damage output of 9999, and reach all the way to the 80ks and 90ks, haha. Can't wait 'til I'm strong enough to thrash Dark Bahamut, then retrieve the Sun Crest and have all four members of my party own their own Celestial Weapons! :D Right now, I'm trying to get spheres to maximize my stats. So far, I have managed to obtain enough Defense Spheres from Tankets to maximize my defense to 255, and enough Magic Spheres from Jumbo Flans to maximize my magic to 255.

Tankets are rather easy to defeat, haha. The only threat he possesses is this attack called Rush Attack. It's similar to the Quick Hit available to the characters, a standard attack with an added effect to let the person who used it have his next turn arrive faster, but the speed effect is much better, lol. Let him do what he wants, and he'll spam Rush Attack like no tomorrow, and in three turns, you find your characters being knocked out one after another.

The only way to defeat it is to take advantage of its lack of agility. Without using Rush Attack, it'd find itself standing down there and taking ten or so of your hits before finally being able to attack. Since it most often uses Rush Attack only in its second or third turn, you have a lot of chance to knock it out, so you have to be quick and do so before it uses Rush Attack.

However, there's still the defense that Tanket is proud of (it doesn't drop Defense Spheres for nothing, lol). I find that Auron's Banishing Blade is extremely useful when dealing with the Area Creations and Species Creations here in the Monster Arena. Since Banishing Blade is a 100% no-miss immune-to-immune (o.O) hit on the target and deal all four of the Breaks (namely Power Break, Armor Break, Magic Break and Mental Break), it will severely cut off its defense (as well as offense, but with such a lousy speed, hark who's talking?). In addition, Auron always go first, thanks to the First Strike Auto-Ability his Masamune has.

Thus, I find it necessary to start the fight with Auron having a full Overdrive bar. Hit it with a Banishing Blade, then spam Wakka's standard attack (which at that time can hit 80k+ when Wakka has full HP, although it improved to 90k+ now), Yuna's Doublecast Flare (which each Flare hitting 30k+), and Auron's standard attack (which hit 70k+ at full HP and 99,999 at half or less than half HP ;D). It should be done rather quickly.

However, I find that since Wakka's Celestial Weapon World Champion is more effective when Wakka has full HP, unlike Auron's Celestial Weapon Masamune, which is more effective the less HP Auron has, Wakka's Overdrive tends to charge faster. A lot faster. This means that before the end of the battle, Auron would often fail to achieve a full Overdrive bar he requires to execute Banishing Blade at the next battle (I've gotten lazy to keep his HP low, now that Wakka can attack as well). So, I always had to make Wakka Entrust his Overdrive bar to Auron before the end of the battle. What a drag... =.=

Oh, and Tanket inflicts Berserk in its attacks as well (both the normal, standard attack, as well as Rush Attack), but too bad for it, that actually benefits me. :D Since I'm attacking anyway, it stops to help me and increase my offensive power. Thanks a bunch! But the real advantage, is that I don't have to control the Berserked character any more; he attacks on his own! Whoohoooo!! XD I'm lazy... :3

Jumbo Flan is a pain in the ass to be honest. It's immune to physical attacks, Overdrives hit like shit to it, it has Auto-Reflect, and absorbs elemental spells. After a few turns of messing around and trial-and-error, I ended up casting Reflect on Wakka, then have both Auron and Yuna Doublecast Flare on Wakka. XD Lol, that strategy really sucks, since for some reason, each Flare only damages 10k+. After Auron's MP ran out (what do you expect? Each Doublecast Flare requires 108MP each turn -.-), I switched him in for Tidus, and had Tidus use Holy. Hmmm, damage is not bad, lol, 20k+, so I had Yuna switch to casting Holy as well, which also dealed 20k+ damage.

The battle lasted damn long (after all, Jumbo Flan has 1.3 million HP =_________=), so after about twenty minutes, I got bored and turned off the PlayStation 2 so my mother can watch television. -___________-

I found a much better strategy on the Internet now, haha. I start the battle with Tidus, Auron and Wakka, and have Tidus first cast Reflect on Wakka, then have Auron cast Slow on Wakka, so it ends up Slowing Jumbo Flan (yay for a boss not immune to Slow! :D). Then I switch Wakka with Yuna, and have her summon Anima. First, Anima buffs herself (yes, "herself". Anima's fayth is, after all, Seymour's mother) with Haste (so she has a domination over Jumbo Flan in terms of speed :D) and Shell (so Jumbo Flan's only way of offense is effectively cut into two :D).

Then she spams Pain. o.O Since Pain is neither a physical attack nor a magical attack, but a special attack, Jumbo Flan doesn't have any defense against it, lol, so it hits 99,999 damage. This is an extremely effective way of offense, haha. When Anima has low HP (come on, give her a break. Jumbo Flan spams Ultima after Flare, lol), use Lancet to effectively heal (Cura and Curaga are too expensive to teach. I'm cheap XP Besides, Lancet isn't affected by Shell, unlike Curaga, lol). And if Jumbo Flan uses Regen (which heals ten times more than its own Curaga o__________O), have Anima use Dispel. :D

I was wanting to fight Greater Spheres next for Luck Spheres, but I can't find where it is (tch, turns out it's an Original Creation. No wonder I couldn't find it, I only looked in Area Creations and Species Creations, lmao XD), so I went to fight Fenrir for Agility Spheres. Oh, god damn it.

Fenrir has an extremely high evasion, dammit, and it's a fucking pain in the ass, lol. I don't have an effective strategy yet so far, but right now, I think I can handle it, with some difficulty of course. Tidus would repetitively spam Aim to attempt to increase accuracy (my Tidus sucks in damage output at the moment), and Wakka and Auron would attack, and they would always miss (I love how Wakka goes "Aahhh...!" and Auron goes "Hmph!" when they miss XD).

But Fenrir has some tricks up its... um... fangs? o.O Fangs of Hell inflict instant death, but since I have Auto-Phoenix, I'm not too worried about it. Fangs of Chaos inflict Confuse on a target (and for some fucked-up reason, it always target Auron), and ack, Yuna is the only one who can cast Esuna (along with Auron of course, but he can't when he got Confused). x_X

I get a good laugh out of Auron being confused and using that huge Masamune, which I dub as a "chopper", swinging it at himself, dealing self-injury and committing suicide! XD EMO!! XD!


CHOPPER!

Somehow, the word "chopper" reminds me of in One Piece, when Robin joins the crew. Luffy did a Chopper impression with the help of Robin's Devil Fruit abilities, shouts loudly, "Chopper!!", and rolled on the floor laughing along with Usopp and Chopper, pissing Zoro off. XD

Note: That was the best I can find on Google Image Search. Damn, got one bunch of motorcycles instead. I would have go to the kitchen myself and take a photo of a chopper, but if my mother saw me doing so, I think she'd believe that it's me, and not Auron, who is going emo. x_X

Oh, and I should mention. I managed to have Yuna learn Auto-Life, Full-Life and Ultima, as well as having Tidus learn Copycat. :D Yeah, all four of these abilities have Level 4 Locks standing in their way in the Sphere Grid, and I had to go bribing those freaking Chimera Brains for Level 4 Key Spheres. They should give me two for each time I bribe them, but those selfish, stingy bastards always give me one. -.-

After I got fed up of resetting, I accepted just one Level 4 Key Sphere, and then had a laugh after I started a fight with yet another Chimera Brain, have Auron execute his Overdrive Shooting Star and watching that damned Chimera Brain flying all the way to the horizon. XD! It was a perfect waste of Auron's Overdrive bar, I know, but damn, was it worth it. XD

Side note: Damn Auron and Braska! First they made me search the dictionary for the word "knave", now they made me look for "obscurity"! Screw it with the cheem English!!



After finishing reading Captain Tsubasa, I started reading its sequel: Captain Tsubasa: World Youth, haha. Hyuga, my favorite character in this manga, likes to drink coca-cola, just like me. o.O

Wow, I'm totally awed at Hyuga's progress. After the Tiger Shot, which was an extremely strong ram full of strength at the goalpost, and the Neo Tiger Shot, an even stronger and much improved version of the Tiger Shot, comes...



雷獣シュート……!!
RAIJUU SHOOT......!!



It's an extremely powerful shoot of strength, lol, even more powerful than the Neo Tiger Shoot. But it doesn't just consist of strength. It is a ground shot like Matsuyama's Eagle Shot, then curve upwards in front of the keeper, contrasting against Tsubasa's Drive Shoot which goes up then curves downward. Just before he shoots, he hits the ground with his leg. That way, his own leg is like a bow and arrow. This adds a rotational effect, and is also based on the theory of the lever, bringing a new acceleration to the ball. In addition to the circular motion, the ball is stronger and goes up in front of the goalpost.



Poking holes in the net of the goalpost is always possible and easy with this technique.



Oh, and seeing how easy it is for Tsubasa to copy his opponents' techniques, I really have to ask you, Tsubasa... Do you possess the Sharingan? =.=

In Naruto, the Sharingan is an eye technique that naturally occurs in a select few members of the Uchiha clan. The Sharingan's most well known ability is to memorize any technique that it witnesses. It can memorize any standard form of jutsu with perfect accuracy, allowing the user to use the techniques as his own.

Tsubasa... are you sure that your name is Oozora Tsubasa? Are you sure that your name is not Uchiha Tsubasa instead? =.=

Then again, if so, then Hyuga should be able to watch out for opponents coming from his side and back to mark him, lmao. XD

In Naruto, the Byakugan is another eye technique that naturally occurs in members of the Hyuga clan. A person with the Byakugan has a nearly 360 degree field of vision. Byakugan users can detect anything around them within a small radius, the greater the users skill with the Byakugan, the larger the radius is, which makes them close-range combat experts.



I went to Block 201 yesterday for lunch. Took some photos as well, haha. XD


"Oh dear, I almost forgot to tell you something. There's a chasm, a great rend in the earth, in these parts. A scar left from High Summoner Gandof's bitter battle with Sin, four hundred years past."
-Maechen, Final Fantasy X
Damn it, warn me earlier next time, old man! XD



Went and had a good look at Yumin, my old primary school, haha. It doesn't look any different... except the colours. They repainted it, I see. And this time, the colours suck. Suck so much that I wouldn't hesitate to announce loudly that I am proud to no longer belong to this school any more. For fuck's sake, it used to look so nice with blue and orange!!

Note: Found a small photo of the school before repainting in the school website. Shit, I shoulda know, you can only avoid having those blasted trees covering the bottom half of the school building by taking a photo from inside the school compound itself. -.-



And lol, there were a group of kids playing at the fitness corner across the road from my old primary school. I suppose I could call them my juniors, but thinking about it, I rather not. After all, I did say just now that I no longer belong to that school any more.



Watching them play reminded me a lot of my childhood days spent at my primary school. We would always be playing Ice&Water at the quadrangle, lol, me, Sean, Hong Wei, Wenjia, Kelvin, and Gabriel [sometimes others would join in as well, making the list really, really long, but for now, I'd stop at these six. We are the ones who would play everyday without fail anyway (...except during weekends, but who the fuck comes back to school on a Saturday just to play Ice&Water? )]. Sometimes we would play at the volleyball court or the basketball court too (especially when we have others joining us. I don't know why, but the others tend to gather at those two courts, and we were really okay with the location, as long as we get to play), and occasionally, during really great games, we would run throughout the school compound, lol, from the canteen to the carpark, from the classrooms to the hall. XD!

Except we weren't wearing orange at that time. In those good old days, we wore white for our uniform instead. Not orange. That's a totally retarded colour for an uniform. Instead, we follow the leaders of our nations and wear white at that time. (In case you don't get the joke, members of the PAP, the ruling political party in Singapore, always wear white. XD) We also don't wear black shoes. We wear white. Pervading and everlasting purity and virtue, mah. (Note: In Singapore's flag, that's what the bottom white half represents. ) And we - OI! 小僧 (kozou; kid)!! What the fuck are you doing over there, bullying that girl?! You piece of shit, don't make me go over there and teach you a fucking lesson!!

What the fuck, man? Boys in primary school bullying their female classmates? Those assholes need someone to teach them a lesson in manners. *cracks knuckles*



You know there's this show on Channel 8 now, during weekends at 7am?

I dare say with passion that I FUCKING HATE THIS SHOW.

That bastard is so motherfucking retarded! The way he speaks, the way he thinks, the way he acts, everything about him is so GOD DAMNED retarded! Looking at his appearance made me want to punch his face so freaking bad I'll give up my life and my soul just to do it. That lan jiao hairstyle isn't helping much either. Listening to the totally retarded way he speaks make me want to kick someone. And unfortunately for my father, who is the only male at home other than me...



And no, I do not kick myself, I am not fucking emo for fuck's sake. Oh, and somehow, a chopper is supposed to be associated as well, but I fucked up somewhere and forgot to include it in. Add it in using your imagination somehow.

I heard from my mother that his father abandoned him. That was plainly and crudely obvious. If I were his father, I would have abandoned him as well. Not only that, but I will also commit suicide to restore my honour back after bringing that filthy piece of shit onto Earth and making it tread on the same, sacred ground as everyone, and breathe that holy, precious oxygen as everyone else. I think I would commit ritual suicide by disembowelment. You know, plunging my sword into my abdomen and making a left to right cut? Ten points if you get the reference to seppuku. Twenty points if you laugh at the reference.

Oh, and I heard from my father that the newspapers reported recently that the actor who played that retarded bastard has a son. If I were his son, I would be so disgraced by my father acting like such a fucking retarded that I would commit suicide when I am three days old. I would jump down from a HDB flat. Eh, wait, do they have HDB flats in Hong Kong...? According to Wikipedia on public housing estate, "the vast majority of the estates are high-rise buildings, and the recent buildings of 2005 reach 40 storeys." Phew. I'm glad.

I thought that the show had obviously influenced everyone else's mind and made that retarded as well, since all of them are going, "This show is good!", "This show is funny!", "The guy is very filial!!" (Upon hearing the last one, I had a sudden urge to forcefully spit out the fish ball in my mouth that I was biting at that moment.), until I remembered Dave, lol. Ten days ago, I was at his house, and when we were eating dinner, his mother went to watch that show on TV. Since I was a guest, I felt that I probably shouldn't complain, but Dave complained about it, lol. I wasn't paying attention to what he was complaining about (was too focused on dinner, hehheh), but I caught him repeating the words "白痴" (Chinese for "idiot") a lot of times.

Ah, Dave, even though we don't share the same interests and hobbies, I'm still glad that I'm not the only one on Earth remaining who is not influenced to become mentally retarded. Thanks for showing me that.

Gawd. I swear that next time I have dinner outside my room, I will eat with my earphones GLUED to my ears.

No comments: