Thursday, March 20, 2008

In the wavering facade, our wish is eternally endless

Today's blog post's title comes from the first line of the lyrics of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters' fourth opening, Warriors. :) I used to have that song when I was into Yu-Gi-Oh!, haha, but subsequently, I got bored of listening to it and deleted it off my mp3 player. Though now, thanks to boredom, I started watching Yu-Gi-Oh! again from where I picked up (you guys should have noticed from the blog posts from last few days ), and so, I started to like this song again, haha, and thus I went to re-download it. :P

Well, today is my old school (Ngee Ann Secondary)'s Founder's Day. I only knew this piece of information because Vernon, who got a letter from the school telling him to go back today to receive a prize, told me about it. Well, to be honest, I'm sort of jealous, lol. During that stressful 'O' level period, I put in almost as much hard work as him and all the others, and I got such unexpectedly good results, but yet how come I wasn't asked to go back and get a prize, lol...?

But then so it turns out that Vernon got his prize because he has seven distinctions. Not like me, only five distinctions. -_____- So that's why, lol. Oh well, who cares about it? XP *kicks Chemistry aside (damn C5... *grumbles*)*

Well, maybe instead of sulking over at one corner, I should be instead happy for Vernon, and the rest of my friends who were all invited, haha. Good job, you guys, on making it! :D Though I sort of wanted to cry after Vernon told me that there are abalone and shark fin there... T________T

Lol, the school made them go at 4pm just to mark attendance, when the thing actually starts at 6pm, so Vernon came to my house in an attempt to kill 2 hours worth of time. Since I was playing Soul Calibur III when he came, we played against each other for an hour, haha. We were evenly matched; just what I was expecting from the guy who recommended me the game.

Though, this one hour made me realize that I can't use anyone other than Kilik. Everyone else I use, all I do is mash and smash the buttons. D: Oh well, there are no characters other than Kilik who is as versatile and as smooth-flowing... XD

We spent the other hour having him help me play my Final Fantasy X. :P Wow, all he needed was twenty minutes to get the Sun Sigil! O_____O Impressive, lol. On the round Vernon managed to get a negative timing, when I saw that I was given a Turbo Ether, my eyes popped open and I asked, "Eh?", but Vernon, who was drinking water, raise a palm to stop me, and lol, turns out the Sun Sigil was given after the Turbo Ether. XD

Damn Dark Bahamut standing in my way to the Sun Crest!!

And well, to show how difficult Dark Bahamut really is, I took Vernon to Besaid and let him witness the strength of just Dark Valefor alone. The first time, we got thrashed, with an Energy Blast, our entire party was annihilated with a damage of around 50k to each player. x_X Vernon did a second attempt though, cleverly though sinisterly manipulated the Aeons to use as meatshields, and managed to defeat Dark Valefor. O______O

That gave me confidence to continue on, haha. Though, I think I need to organize my thoughts, and I might as well use my blog as a place to do so. Let's see, the things I have to do now are...
  • Obtain Wakka's final Overdrive, Aurochs Reel, and his Jupiter Sigil from Blitzball
  • Obtain ten of Jecht's Spheres to get Auron's final Overdrive, Tornado
  • Obtain Auto-Protect, Auto-Phoenix and Ribbon for all the four armours of my four characters
  • Maximize the stats of my four characters to 255 by repetitively thrashing monsters and gaining Spheres, then unlocking Clear Spheres to nuke my whole entire Sphere Grid
As you can see, I pushed the stats maximizing task, which I was trying to do initially, to the last, because of several reasons. One, I got bored of it. =.= Two, it is especially tedious when both Tidus and Wakka are only able to do up to 9999 damage (without their Overdrives, obviously).

Of course, I doubt that my patience would allow me to go all the way for Wakka's World Champion's potential to be fully unleashed without getting myself sidetracked every now and then. =.= If I can, that would be great, but nah, I sincerely doubt it. XD

Let me see... Ten of Jecht's Spheres, all lying around Spira... Where are they...?
  • Jecht Sphere 1: Obtained automatically after defeating Spherimorph.
    It couldn't be more plain obvious that I have already obtained this.
  • Jecht Sphere 2: To the right of the temple on Besaid Island.
    Got it just now along with Valefor's Energy Burst after Vernon defeated Dark Valefor. ;D
  • Jecht Sphere 3: Transport Ship Liki, in the control room (find it docked in Besaid Island).
    Doubt I got it. Might as well go and have a check.
  • Jecht Sphere 4: Luca Stadium, Basement A.
    Doubt I have it as well.
  • Jecht Sphere 5: Mi'ihen Highroad, Old Road, south end.
    I'm pretty sure I got this one.
  • Jecht Sphere 6: Southern shore of Moonflow, at the riding platform.
    This one was funny. "That's it. Only thing I drink from now on is shoopuf milk!" XD
  • Jecht Sphere 7: South Thunder Plains, at base of the second-most northern tower.
    This one was funny as well, haha, Jecht being hit by lightning. XD
  • Jecht Sphere 8: South Macalania Wood, near the first save sphere after entering from Thunder Plains (or, head west then south after leaving Bevelle to acquire).
    Hmmm, I can't remember if I got this or not... Might as well go and have a check.
  • Auron's Sphere: Mushroom Rock Road, near the final lift.
    I'm pretty sure I don't have it. ):
  • Braska's Sphere: Mount Gagazet, around a steep cliff near the beginning.
    Yup, got that. "Your future is yours to make. Live the way you want to." ;)
Now, how and where do I get the items I need to get those abilities I want into my armour...?
  • For Auto-Protect, I need 280 Light Curtains (70 each). I can get 20 by killing each Species Creations: Fafnir (40 for an Overkill). This should be easy. I'll get it in a second. ;D
  • For Auto-Phoenix, I need 80 Mega Phoenixes (20 each). I can get 99 by unlocking Pteryx. All I need to do is to capture four Condors from Besaid Island, four Simurghs from Djose Highroad and four Alcyone from Sanubia Desert. Sounds rather easy as well.
  • For Ribbon, I need... O______O 99 DARK MATTERS EACH?! FUCKING PAIN IN THE ASS!!! I can get 99 Dark Matters by unlocking Ultima Buster, by catching 5 OF EVERY MONSTERS. Oh my God... I think I should sell whatever Dark Matters I have now, so I don't waste any when I get those 99 Dark Matters. Then, oh well, I'm sure I could collect another 99 Dark Matters by fighting monsters repetitively in order to maximize my stats. But, to get 396...? I'm sure to give up halfway.
Sort of due to boredom, lol, I downloaded Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy and played with it. The game is not bad, lol. The faces of the opponents when they were defeated just amuses me though, lol. ^_^





And lol, I learnt a One-Turn-Kill Combo. All you need to do is to get these four cards into your hand to win, assuming that your opponent does not have any cards (like Magic Jammer) to counter your cards: Cannon Soldier, Scapegoat, United We Stand and Limiter Removal.
  • With Cannon Soldier on your field, activate Scapegoat to get four Sheep Tokens.
  • Equip United We Stand to Cannon Soldier, increasing its ATK by 4000 to 5400.
  • Use Limiter Removal to double Cannon Soldier's ATK to 10800.
  • After attacking, activate Cannon Soldier's effect to sacrifice all four Sheep Tokens to deal 2000 damage to the opponent's Life Points.
  • Finally, sacrifice Cannon Soldier itself to deal another 500 damage.
  • 13300 damage in one turn. Enough to kill your opponent in one turn.
Of course, the probability of getting these four cards in hand is low, haha. Even lower if your opponent doesn't do anything to stop or interrupt this combo, instead allowing it to go smooth. Though, one thing is for sure though, with a deck of 40 cards, this combo of four cards will be much more easier to pull out than Exodia.

The probability of getting Exodia in your starting hand of five cards is 0.000001519738362%, rounded up to ten significant figures (since you only have one piece of Exodia each in your deck).

The probability of getting the aforementioned combo, considering that with the exception of Cannon Soldier, all of the other three cards are limited (:x! I never knew they were limited, except for United We Stand, lol!), is 0.0001395119816%, rounded up to ten significant figures as well.

Well, still damn difficult to pull it off in the first turn, but at least the probability is 91.8 times that of Exodia.

Fuck, I wasted half an hour of my life getting these useless numbers. It's not like I even have those cards. Maybe I should find out the probably of me getting Lord of D., Flute of Summoning Dragon and three Blue-Eyes White Dragon... =.=



Probability of getting all three God cards in your hand when the game first starts: 0.0008097165992%

Probability of having nine monsters on the field for you to sacrifice and summon your three God cards: 0%

No comments: