Tuesday, March 18, 2008

For the Horde!!

Yo, guys, what's up? Right now I'm at Dave's house typing this blog post, lmao. His keyboard is difficult to type with, damn it. Or maybe it could be just the fact that I have already, in my seven months of laptop usage, gotten used to typing on the keyboard of a laptop. I find this realization particularly ironic, because shortly before obtaining my laptop, I can be heard complaining that I have to spend some time trying to get used to typing on the keyboard of a laptop, having used to typing on the keyboard of a desktop...

The irony of this is plain stupid.

So, anyway, on to blogging about my life.

hahaha i am wenqian here wahhahaha
i will now present samy's day
he went swimming with my brother this morning
then go eat mac
then stayed over at my hse for a night
something like one nite stand
and then so bad towards his mum
aiyo
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LAME

Thank you very much for the nice comments. Meanwhile, I have proof in my blog that constant mugging can make a normal, ordinary girl go completely crazy, mad, insane and lunatic. I'll go on some more, of course, but I'm too lazy to ask Dave for a thesaurus, so for now, those four words of "crazy", "mad", "insane" and "lunatic" will do.

Thank God whoever-is-responsible-for-the-JAE (Joint Admission Exercise) did not try to put me into a JC. I would definitely not like to mug and mug and mug and end up as siao (Singlish for "mad" or "crazy") as her. Of course, I am typing this with the expectation that she would later come and read my blog. ^_^

Though, we must give her credit for having the ability to acknowledge the sad fact that she was being rather lame.

Oh, and a bit of complaining here to do (since I did not want to interrupt my blogging with this complaint coming in the middle of nowhere, so I'll complain about it here and now). Having used the keyboard of a laptop for... *checks (how many months have it been again...?)* seven months, I felt comfortable to having the Control key as the second button from the left on the most bottom row (since on the keyboard of a laptop, the Function key is on the most left of the most bottom row). Now, to have the Control key on the most left (since this is the keyboard of a desktop I am typing on), damn, I am really not used to it. Sometimes, instead of holding down the Control key, I ended up holding down the Windows key (which is the second most left button on this keyboard). x_X

Okay, where were we before her interruption...? Ah, yes.

Yesterday (technically today, but since I have already blogged on the 17th and now blogging a blog post dated on the 18th, I figured that the word "yesterday" would be most suitable in this context), Dave and I were supposed to meet up at 3pm to go swimming. Expecting Dave to be late (it really is true that past mistakes help someone learn. I still remember that I ended up waiting a freaking long time for Dave the last time we swim together.), I purposely left the house late at 2.50pm.

Since my father needs to go out as well (he needs to service his lorry. I have no idea what does "servicing lorry" means x_X), he took me to the swimming pool as well (on his lorry obviously :P), haha. Halfway there, at 3pm, I decided to call him and ask him where he is, because of a sense of guilt that I would be late, on the optimistic view that he might have been already at the swimming pool and waiting for me (*gulp!* Did I just say "optimistic"?! O_O).

Guess what...? He's still at home at 3pm... -.-

I was like, in Sin Wei's words, "BLUR DIAO". -.- Some more he asked me, "Are you at Tampines already?" I am at Tampines. I am at Tampines long ago. I have ALWAYS been in Tampines. -.- (don't forget that I live in Tampines -.-)

So my father, upon listening to me complain after I hang up the phone (:P), asked me if I want to go and service his lorry together with him. Right, whatever, as long as it can killed the time needed for Dave to drag his ass out of his house and come to the swimming pool. XP

We went into the middle of Tampines Industrial Park, near where I used to work (I even thought of going deeper into the industrial park, to the factory where I used to work, and say hello to my ex-colleagues! o.O Well, since it's 3pm then, that's exactly the time their work ends, lol). Well, whatever is done to the lorry, I did not have enough curiosity to bother examining what. All I did down there was to listen to music, the very effective way of killing time.

After getting his lorry done and stuff, my father brought me to the swimming pool before going home. Seeing this "No Cycling" sign along the path to the swimming pool made me regret not bringing my bicycle along. Open defiance, just my way of doing things. Heck, maybe I can even rope in some innocent stranger walking past and force him to take a photo of me pedaling on my bicycle right in front of that sign.



It was definitely ironic that while trying to take a photo of that sign, I was standing in the middle of the path and thus obstructing the way, thereby causing a cyclist to ring his bell at me, hoping that I would get the hell out of his way. Yes, a freaking cyclist, right while I was taking a photo of the "No Cycling" sign. Looks as if open defiance is not just my style alone.

It was 3.30pm there when I reached the swimming pool, half an hour late, and guess what? Dave is still nowhere in sight. -__________- God, there is a limit to the ridiculousness of being late, dammit. I am thankful for the two set of staircases at both sides of the entrance of the swimming complex for the provision of a place to sit down on. Heck, five minutes later, someone came along and sat down on the same set of staircases as I am, just a bit higher than where I was sitting. It was obvious to the untrained eye that even without words, both of us knew that we were both waiting for some late and rude guy with no courtesy whatsoever in himself to arrive punctually. :P

He arrived ten minutes after I started waiting, and we went into the swimming pool. I wanted to have locker number thirty-six, since thirty-six is my favorite number, but nope, apparently it was used. D: Then I wanted eighteen, since my birth date is on the eighteenth, but nope, it was used as well. D: Thus we ended up using eleven, since I wanted to be in the 11th Division of the Thirteen Protection Divisions in Bleach. :D

Both my swimming skills and stamina have deteriorated in the long period of absence from my life. Eh, sounds weird when I phrase it that way. In other words, since I have neither been swimming nor doing any activities that tire me out (such as running, I suppose), both my swimming skills and stamina have took a turn for the worse. D:

After swimming for about two hours, we, following my suggestion, went over to the waterfall, at one corner of the children's pool. Hmmm, I like the waterfall, haha. A test of tolerance and endurance, and a way of training the soul and spirit. *fireworks come out*

Congratulations, you just advanced an exaggerating level.

Your exaggerating level is now 36.

Click here to continue

......

Anyway, it was fun, haha! XD

After about half an hour (a rough estimation; no one bothers about the flow of time with the heavy flow of water crashing down upon your shoulders), we decided to retrieve our belongings in the lockers, and then go and bathe. After retrieving our stuff though, I thought of having Dave take a photo while I was standing under the waterfall (I even thought up of a pose. I'll stand down there, folding my arms, a symbol of resilience and hidden strength ). But damn, there were three Malays playing over at the waterfall, and both of us opt out of the plan due to embarrassment. Damn.

After bathing, while the both of us were combing our hair, Dave remarks that I would look better if I comb my hair with my bare hands instead of using a comb, making me realize the irony of the situation. Whatever.

After we are done, we went to the shop next to the children's pool to get ourselves some drinks. I got myself a can of 100-Plus (just what I need to replenish my energy after some tough swimming! XD), while Dave bought a can of F&N orange juice. Thanks to Dave for treating me! :D

That waterfall by the children's pool is fun, lol, so I decided to take a photo of it as keepsake. :P



Somehow though, the waterfall turned out rather dark. I think it's because of the relationship between the positioning of myself, the location of the waterfall and the positioning of the Sun or some weird mambo-jumbo like that. Someone please tell me that I made sense; it pains me to think otherwise.

So I thought I would change my location by further approaching the waterfall, maybe that wouldn't make the waterfall as dark as in the first photo. I also thought of turning Flash on, maybe that would help, haha. And this, is the result.



I'll let you guys be the judge of whether that has improved anything or not. ;)

After swimming, Dave invited me to go over to his house for a sleepover (yes, the correct term is "sleepover", not a "one-night stand as Wen Qian mentioned just now -__________-). Since I have nothing much to do at home anyway, I thought I would go.

Man, my shoulders still hurt now because I stayed under the waterfall just now for such a long time...

Oh yeah, I forgot about it, but Wen Qian mentioned that we went to McDonald's just now for dinner, right? Well, "we" as in Dave and me only, specifically. Our dear mugger from a respectable JC (unlike the two of us here. One who has graduated from a lousy Polytechnic and another about to enroll into another lowly Polytechnic... XP) is too busy mugging to go out and have dinner.

I am rather at shock at how Dave eats at McDonald's. He orders a McSpicy, something which me, who fears hot and spicy things a lot, never dares to eat. And still, he went ahead and proceeded to pour the whole chunk of chilli sauce into the burger and sink his teeth into it!! O_______O My tongue burns just by watching him eat that!!

When I asked him about it, he told me that he likes to eat spicy stuff. Compared to me, his cousin who dares not eat any spicy stuff much, I particularly wonder how does genetics work...

Oh, and before I forget to mention this, thanks to Dave for treating at McDonald's as well. :D

Before we left, I went to order a McChicken for Wen Qian, our dear mugging girl still busily mugging at home (I'll be counting on you to get into University! I don't want grandfather nagging at me and persuading me to go to JC because he doesn't yet have a grandchild eligible to study in a University). That stupid bangla woman working at McDonald's, just like that give me one McChicken. *rolls eyes* What the fuck? Am I supposed to eat it on the spot right in front of the counter?

After delivering Wen Qian's McChicken to her, I picked up The Straits Time from a nearby table and started reading it. How interesting, the first column I read was titled "Case targets obesity and unhealthy fast food", and what do you know? The two of us have just particularly went to eat some so-called "unhealthy fast food" for dinner, and a third has just started eating hers. XD



If I can't take a photo of myself cycling in front of the "No Cycling" sign, then taking a photo of Wen Qian eating her McChicken while holding the newspaper with the aforementioned article in prominent display should be considered as some sort of consolation. XD Don't ask me why she used the newspaper to cover her face though.

Since nature was calling out to me just now, I went to the kitchen and turned on the lights of the toilet (which was situated at the entrance of the kitchen). My uncle, who was in the kitchen busily working, noticed the lights of the toilet turning on all of a sudden, and walked forward to the toilet to investigate, with me walking behind him. He suddenly turned around, realized that I was just right behind him, and got a shock, haha, asking me how come I don't make any sounds while I was walking.

I find this statement particularly ironic, because my ex-colleagues at work would always complain about the loud noise I produce when I walk... (I remember complaining about it once before in a particular blog post...)

Ah, now that I stop to think and ponder about it, my life seems to be full of ironies, doesn't it? Wait a minute, I don't think that's the correct plural form of the word "irony" though, is it? Would be wise to go and have a check at the dictionary now...

irony (plural ironies)
1. A statement that, when taken in context, may actually mean the opposite of what is written literally; the use of words expressing something other than their literal intention.
2. (colloquial) The quality or state of an event being both coincidental and contradictory in a humorous or poignant and extremely improbable way.

Oops! :x Above information taken from Wiktionary. ^_^

Nothing much happened today, except Dave and I went to Tampines. Dave needed to go to the Post Office to send some funds for his eBay business, and I just tagged along. After that, we went to Century Square. Yay, Bleach volume 32 is out. :D Grimmjow looks so cool in the volume cover in his released state, haha.



Lol, they bought the Hitsugaya short (with cute Hinamori in his face when he woke up ) forward. It was released between Kurotsuchi and Szayel's fight, but they brought it forward to immediately after Ichigo and Grimmjow's fight. Oh well, just something I noticed.

Okay, nothing much else to blog about, so I'll end this blog post. ^^

No comments: