Thursday, March 06, 2008

I do not believe in Gods. I only believe... in myself!

Hmmm, I've been rather busy with games lately, haha. I'm going to dedicate few hours of my time blogging before I go off and watch the Pokémon movie that I downloaded nine days ago but kept being too busy and not having enough time to watch it, haha.

By the way, in case you are wondering which Pokémon movie I am going to watch later, it is the tenth movie, Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai. ;) Personally, I prefer its Japanese title, haha - Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl the Movie: Dialga VS Palkia VS Darkrai, but whatever. XD



I have been spending quite some time these few days playing Final Fantasy X, from where I left off several months ago before I started getting into Soul Calibur III, haha. I can go inside Sin and complete the game anytime I want, but I figure that this time, I am going to do a complete finish of my as-of-yet favorite RPG, haha. Yeah, that includes defeating all of the Dark Aeons, obtaining all of the Celestial Weapons, etc.

Speaking of the Dark Aeons, they are a pain in the ass. Right now, in my level, I couldn't even scratch them, haha. I can even get owned in one hit by Dark Valefor, which I am sure most will consider the weakest out of the Dark Aeons. ^_^" Yeah, that can just tell how bad I am, haha. But man, I must admit, some of them are seriously annoying. Why can't they just stay at one corner and not disturb you, like Dark Anima? Why must they keep popping up to block your way? -.-

For example, once, I decided to try and get Auron's final Overdrive (which I have never obtained before, even during my previous games), Tornado. To do so, I need to collect ten of Jecht's spheres all around the world. One of them was inside Besaid Village, so I went there, and here comes Dark Valefor, in my way. -.- One Energy Ray, and my party was gone. You could pretty much imagine what I cursed at that time, when the message "GAME OVER" pops up in my face.

And to quote another example, I went to Mushroom Rock to obtain Auron's Celestial Weapon, Masamune. Dark Magus Sisters came up in my way. A Passado comes at Auron's way. 15 hits of damage worth a number of five digits each. Next, a Delta Attack. Six hits worth of a number of five digits each, again. Total annihilation. That was humiliating. -.-

Though, the most annoying one, I must admit, is Dark Bahamut. A physical attack that hits each of my character 99,999 damage, fine, I can tolerate that and shut the hell up. Making me run all the way from Zanarkand Ruins into the Dome and then to the Cloister of Trials, fine, I can tolerate that too and shut the hell up. But blocking my way to the Sun Crest and preventing me from powering Tidus' Caladbolg? Damn you!!

I suppose I'll one day become strong enough to defeat the Dark Aeons, haha. Or I can just start throwing all my money into the Moonflow (the Moonflow is a river, get it? ;) Lol, just a Final Fantasy X-version of the idiom "throwing money into the river", which generally means to waste a lot of money) and have Yojimbo execute Zanmato (an attack that instantly kills any enemy in the game, including bosses and Dark Aeons) at each and every one of them. But nah, where's the fun in that? XD

I might if I get desperate though.

So now, I think I would focus on getting the Celestial Weapons, and training my guys up first, in preparation of my battles against the Dark Aeons. Hmmm, who knows, maybe I would complete the Monster Arena and unlock every single monster available inside there as well? Haha.

My progress with the Celestial Weapons is not bad. I decided to only get four, Tidus' Caladbolg, Yuna's Nirvana, Auron's Masamune and Wakka's World Champion. I haven't use Kimahri at all, with the exception of the compulsory battle against Biran and Yenke; I haven't use Lulu ever since Yuna went through most of her part of the Sphere Grid and used a Friend Sphere to where Lulu is (and who needs to use Lulu when Yuna knows Doublecast, and Black Magic like Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Waterga, Death, Demi and Flare? :D); and I don't plan on using Rikku either as well, haha.

Yuna's Nirvana is easy to obtain. I've already got it before I started playing Soul Calibur III, haha. Auron's Masamune is rather easy as well, once I figured that I can just get the weapon by walking from Djose Temple instead, so as to avoid Dark Magus Sisters. -.-

Tidus' Caladbolg though, hmmm, no luck. Even though I got the weapon itself already, Dark Bahamut is blocking the way to the Sun Crest, and there is no way I can possibly score a timing of 0:00:0 at the fourth chocobo race to get the Sun Sigil (my best so far is 0:30:1 I think I need someone's help to unlock Caladbolg, haha).

Wakka's World Champion is going rather well, I think. All left to do is to win the Jupiter Sigil in a Blitzball League, and before that, win Wakka's final two Overdrives in two Blitzball Leagues. -.- I think I am going to have lots of Blitzball to play, haha. I am now on the league for Status Reels, so if all goes well (in other words, if my patience can stands it -.-), I should be getting both this overdrive and the Auroch Reels soon.

Must admit, my midfielder, Brother, is getting overpowered pretty soon. He's already at level 41, when the rest are only around level 20, haha. No choice, he's too useful, so I always use him, and so he levels up pretty fast. XD Tidus' is also good. Two words for that: Jecht Shot. ;) Being able to remove two defenders from blocking my way is always great, haha. XD If Jecht Shot is already this pwnage, I can't wait for Jecht Shot II, haha. Yeah, right, I doubt I can even get it. XD

And so, my other characters are all underpowered. D: They can't even Techcopy! Fail.

And haha, I learnt a nifty trick to gain a lot of AP easily. First, I went to Cavern of the Stolen Fayth and capture all the monsters there (damned Valaha, took me a long time running around before it finally shows its damned face), thereby unlocking Don Tonberry in the Monster Arena (as well as accidentally bumping into Dark Yojimbo, but that's a different story for now).

I set Tidus' Overdrive mode to Comrade, which charges every time his two allies get hurt. I gave him the weapon Ascalon, with the two abilities Overdrive→AP and Double AP. In the battle against Don Tonberry, whenever Auron or Wakka attacks Don Tonberry, it will counterattack with Karma, thereby hitting Auron or Wakka (whoever it is who attacked) around 50,000 damage. That fuels Tidus' Overdrive bar pretty much, which instead gets converted into AP.

Tidus' job is to keep reviving Auron and Wakka (I initially had him use Phoenix Downs, but since I'm so stingy, instead, I used a Return Sphere for Yuna to go back to Life on the Sphere Grid, and then used a Friend Sphere for Tidus to go to where Yuna is, and an Ability Sphere to learn Life, before finally using two more Return Spheres to go back to where Tidus and Yuna originally were in the Sphere Grid ^_^), and when Don Tonberry got so close that he can stabbed my characters with his little knife, I had Tidus or Auron use Flee (since at that point, it won't counterattack with Karma any more).

I tried this thrice. The first two times, Tidus gains 12 S.Levels each, and the third time, he got 10. :D Haha, I think I'm going to try this a little more to power Tidus up more, haha. It's too bad that only Tidus can level up quickly through this. Maybe I'll do the same for Auron and Wakka eventually too, but I ran out of Megalixirs for Double AP (I do have enough Doors To Tomorrow for Overdrive→AP though). Maybe I should get Wings of Discovery for Triple AP? XD Yeah, right, how the hell do I get them, lol? I may also need to get a few more Return Spheres out of Chimeragists, haha. They are damn easy, no doubt about it. XD

Hmm... One-Eyes drop weapons with Triple AP? I don't think I have unlocked One-Eye yet though. Maybe I should do so, haha. Then add Overdrive→AP and Triple Overdrive, and I think I'm all set. ^_^



Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE chapter 184, yay. :D The people in Clow Country are weird, can't they recognize Syaoran? And I'm surprised the three of them haven't even bothered to ask around about Sakura. Since she's the freaking princess of Clow, I'm sure people would know about her? -.- Besides, why not just go to the castle and seek out Touya and Yukito? I'm sure they would be great help in the upcoming fight against Fei Wong Reed. XD





It's been raining these few days now. Sigh... I took a photo of the water droplets on the glass while in my father's car on my way home after collecting mine and Hong Wei's sub money from Sin Wei yesterday. XD







A simple result of boredom from this morning's breakfast:





It might have said "BEND IT AND TWIST IT", but I think I went overboard.















There sure are a lot of birds there.



Hmmm... Nice tree.



I'm good at balancing a chopstick on another?





Nah. They are connected by a straw. ^_^"



A swamp in Singapore. o.O



I do not like how I finished my potato chips even before one-third of the movie. -.- I mean, c'mon, my popcorn in cinemas don't last so short! And I spent $3.60 on this packet of potato chips! Damn!

No comments: