Thursday, March 13, 2008

エルです



私はエルです。
Watashi wa Eru desu.
I am L.



So troublesome... I went to the medical center in Changi Airport today to perform a medical checkup, as my polytechnic enrolment requires me to do. The address on the enrolment booklet stated Terminal 2, so my father and I went there on my father's car. When we reached there, we took another look at the address. "#B16-025"... Hmmm... Doesn't that mean that the medical center is at basement sixteen floor? Sixteen floors under ground?! O.o Wow, what the fuck? I don't even know that Changi Airport is dug so deep under!! O______O

But how the hell are we supposed to even go to basement sixteen when the button on the lift for the bottom-most floor is the first? My father went to ask the policemen standing outside the Departure area, lmao... We then took a closer look at the address, and here it says, "Terminal Building 2". What? Not "Terminal 2", but "Terminal Building 2"? o.O Since when is there a "Terminal Building 2" in Changi Airport? A secret building built behind the Terminals?? o.O

The policemen (I'm surprised that they would answer questions to be honest. I always thought their jobs were just security, but nope, turns out we have idiots going up to them and asking them questions every now and then XP) directed us to the information counter on the first floor, so there we go (we are on the second floor by the way). We took a lift and went down.

It was rather fortunate that the first thing we saw when we got out of the lift was the information counter (I don't know how my father can miss it though o.O), since I thought we couldn't possibly get any more lost. My father went to ask the girl behind the information counter, and came back saying that the medical center is on basement one, along with a complain that he asked the question in Chinese but got a reply in English (my father sucks in English). XD

We took an escalator nearby and immediately found the medical center. "B16" my ass. They should go back to school and learn how to write their numberings on the address. -.-

A little suspicious about the lack of the people inside the medical center (I was expecting it to be packed full of people like me, requiring a troublesome medical checkup just for this troublesome polytechnic enrolment. How troublesome), I went in with my father behind me. I asked the old-looking uncle behind the counter for a medical checkup, and... DAMN! Apparently, we have to go to Terminal 3 for a medical checkup. -_______________________-

I think I'll spare you the complains this time. Let's move on.

Went back to the second floor to take the skytrain to Terminal 3. Looking at the signboards pointing out directions along the way to the skytrain, I thought that there are way too many katakana than there should be (I have no idea why, but along with English and Chinese readings, they went and added Japanese as well). I mean, come on, katakana is what kills me. At least I still understand about half of hiragana...

Lol, my father and I are the only ones aboard the skytrain! :D All to ourselves, whoohooo! XD Took some photos, haha. XD



I don't think my father knows how to use my camera... :3



But I think I know how to use my own camera! :D



The path ahead is so straightforward...! XD



No one on board the skytrain other than us!! :D (Photo is a bit blur because the skytrain was in motion, so auto-focus won't work :3)



I thought I was able to hang on using just one hand, but nope, apparently I have to use both hands... T_T



The control tower which makes Changi Airport so famous. XD



Wonder what they are building over there... X3



It's... a taxi? o.O





A closer look at what they are building. :3

After alighting the skytrain, my father went and asked one of the airport guides (an occupation Faizal sounds so proud to have taken before o.O) the way to the medical center. Basement two, and all the way to the end, huh? Sounds pretty long, that's for sure.

We went towards a lift and took it down to B2. Before we boarded the lift, there was a group of young children guided by two or three adults, haha. Maybe a field trip from a kindergarten? I have no idea why they would bring kindergarten kids to here of all places, lol. Go to the zoo or the bird park if you are so free! XD

Though, nice to look at all the kids walk past when the lift went down, haha. My kindergarten doesn't even bring us outside!

We went down to B2 and as we headed along the path to the medical center that the airport guide told us of, I was suddenly hit by pangs of nostalgia (I myself am surprised as well by the suddenly and unexpectedly high standards of English I showed out of the blue ^_^"). This is the same path that Hong Wei, Liying and I took the time we came here on my birthday, haha! :D

It was a looooooooooong way to the medical center. Past all those shops. Past FairPrice. Past Kopitiam. And finally there it is.

And apparently they want an urine sample.

The nurse told us to come back thirty minutes later, so we went to Kopitiam to eat. My father ordered two breakfast sets, and an additional can of coca-cola, since I didn't want to drink coffee that the breakfast set comes with, and since my father wants to drink two cups of coffee (he felt that one cup is too little). And apparently, that idiot forgot to scan the can of coca-cola! So the breakfast only cost us $5 instead of $7 as it should be! XD

After breakfast, we went there, and had to bloody wait for a damned long time. -.-

It's a pain in the ass in the fact that they were calling names instead of displaying numbers. That means that I can't stuff earphones into my ears and just listen to music while depending on my vision, since I have to make use of my hearing instead. -.- In the end, without music to kill time, I had to depend on writing crap on that notebook I got from buying the popcorn last time while watching a movie with Vernon. XD Yup, write crap. Just like how you kill time in the examination room when you have finished the exam. -.-

It's funny how everyone came with their friends and I am here with my father. o.O Hmmm, I could come with my friends, but unfortunately, my best friend is stuck all the way in Indonesia, lol. Maybe I can use a Kuchiyose no Jutsu (口寄せの術; Summoning Technique) to summon him here all the way from Indonesia? O.o Oh, come to think of it, I don't have a blood contract. XP

I was leaning on a wall while waiting when a girl in front of me was doing his her (thanks to Caleb for pointing out my mistake! :D) colour blindness test. The nurse shows her a book full of those colour blindness tests. Next, she came to me with the same book, and I was thinking, "Eh, I saw the book just now, so I know the numbers beforehand. Does that count as cheating?" ^_^"

Oh, and I almost had the urge to laugh out loud when the girl before me was showing "73", yet took such a bloody long time examining it and finally answering, "18?" XD

Next was the standard vision test. You know, stand at one corner, look at the chart on the other corner and read the letters? The nurse told me to cover my left eye first, and I was reminded of Clone Syaoran from Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE. o.O



After that, the doctor took my blood pressure, and made me wait for three hours before finally informing me that the X-ray machine is down, and I should freaking go to the one in Tampines to take my X-ray, and after that, freaking return here just so the freaking doctor can freaking certify me fit. -_____________________-

Lucky for you guys I am feeling bored of blogging, so I'll spare you guys the complains. I'll just take it as an Ordeal of Patience. o.O

Went to Tampines just for the X-ray. Zzzzzz... After the X-ray, I had to help my father deposit $1600 into his bank account for him, since the car park beside Tampines Bus Interchange was full, so he had to stay inside his car to avoid getting fined. Why didn't I slow down and bother to think that I should simply just help him deposit $1000 and pocket the other $600, since he owes me $600 after all...? -.-

We then went to Block 802 for lunch. Yeah, 3pm lunch. o.O Without my mother home and out at work (cheers for the lack of nagging), my laziness and my father being asleep would always ensure that we eat lunch at 3pm. o.O Had oyster omelette and French fries, haha. The coca-cola was nicer than normal, haha. I don't know why though.

After that, we went back to Changi Airport. Some more waiting as well, but not as long as the ones just now. After that, we took the medical report and left. I was wondering how to send that X-ray thingy, since it is so big and possibly couldn't fit in the envelope they provided me. My father then told me that by right I need not send the X-ray thingy, but I thought I need to, so we went back and asked the nurse.

And turns out the nurse forgot to stamp and sign. -___________________- Phew, lucky to have that stupid argument outside the medical center. XP And yeah, for your information, my father was correct. -.-

Took a photo of that X-ray thingy for curiosity. o.O



You know the lifts in Terminal 3 have these cool screens that show information about the airport and stuff? Well, while trying to exit, I...



...found one showing the Black Screen of Death!! XD Haha, that was so funny!! XD

But since there isn't any battery in my handphone left any more to run my camera, I had to use my father's handphone and make use of Bluetooth to send it to mine later. How troublesome.

And went home after that. Phew. I think I'm going to send the enrolment thingy by post tomorrow when I go for the 4R2 gathering outside Seoul Garden. ...Provided I remember to.



It's surprising what boredom can do. Just take a look at what I did to this battery I found on my computer table...



And the photos I took on my camera...







And since I am going to shave my facial hair again since I have to go out, I figured I'd take a photo again to show how long I have managed to keep my facial hair this time round! XD

There is this game in Friendster named Tower Blaster where you arrange numbers around, and I am proud to say that...



I managed to beat all eight levels! :D The game is rather fun, haha. XD



That straw in my mouth? Well, cigarettes harm your health. XP

No comments: