Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to me! :P

Yay, Happy Birthday to me, haha, today is my 17th birthday. XP Being 17 is going to rock, haha. If you noticed already, most of the main characters of games, animes and mangas are all seventeen years old! As something special, I tried to compile a list of as many as I can. :P
  • Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece
  • Yagami Light from Death Note
  • Harima Kenji from School Rumble
  • Hiraga Saito from Zero no Tsukaima
  • Tidus from Final Fantasy X
  • Squall Leonheart from Final Fantasy VIII
  • Serge from Chrono Cross
  • Carrot Glace from Sorceror Hunters
  • Sawamura Seiji from Midori Days
  • Sagara Sousuke from Full Metal Panic!
So, yup, I'm 17 now! :D All I have to do is to find myself an adventure to go onto, and some friends to go along with! Whoohooo! XD

Thanks to Liying for some of those on the list :P



On the bus to work today, there was a rather cute girl sitting across me. ^_^ And whoa, she looked rather like Sze Ling, gave me a bit of a fright, lol, except that she was wearing a ponytail. Well, Sze Ling doesn't wear a ponytail, does she? ^_^" Well, she did when we were in Secondary 1 and 2, but to be honest, she didn't really look good in it... But that girl who looked like her with a ponytail... it looked so good it was criminal! O_O Yeah, I wasn't kidding at all, she looked really good!!

Then I was thinking if that girl could actually be Sze Ling, about to go to her JC for lectures, haha, but then again, wouldn't she be wearing her Ngee Ann school uniform, lol? I'm sure people attending JC for a three-month trial wears the uniform of their secondary schools, Vernon told me that... So nope, she wasn't Sze Ling, haha, she was wearing a white uniform.

Man, I think I miss my secondary school life way too much. XD

Yay, Liying was the first to wish me a "happy birthday", at 6.30am, haha! Yup, it's really that early, haha. Thanks for that, it really made my day! :D Next was Sean, haha, at 8am. I'm pretty surprised he still remembers about it, haha, seeing that we haven't been in contact since, what, three months? Wonder how that guy is doing right now, haha. Must be good, I bet. My father was third, haha, at 11am. Though to be honest, he could just not do so and I still wouldn't care much. XP And of course, thanks to Vernon, Caleb and Kamel for wishing me a "happy birthday" on my tagboard, James and Timmy on MSN, and those at RuneVillage as well! Oh, and lastly, thanks to Jasmine as well, though hers ended up one day late, so she got added last. :3 Love all you guys and gals!

Shame on the rest of you who didn't wish me a happy birthday though. *shifty eyes* Just kidding, hehheh. :P

After work, Hong Wei came along to my house to play, lol. We were originally intending to play basketball, but we got hooked onto playing Soul Calibur III, lmao. XD Man, it's rather strange that we would always either win 3-0, or lose 0-3, haha. And Hong Wei gave me my birthday present, a nice-looking black T-shirt, haha. Well, black isn't really my colour, but who the heck cares about that... Thanks, Hong Wei! ^_^

Wow, time sure flies fast when you are having fun, haha. It was soon 5.30pm already, and we had to go and meet up with Liying at the MRT Station for dinner together.

Damn, only did we reach there did I realize that I forgot to shave, haha. Thank Guardian, the pharmacy conveniently located at the MRT Station, for selling disposable razors! ^_^ Lol. We found a really cheap one, three of them packaged together and selling for $2.50. We originally wanted to share the cost and the shavers, but shit, there is a lack of small change in my wallet! Thanks to Hong Wei for paying for it, haha. ^_^" He gave me one while keeping the other two for himself. And that, is how I got this disposable razor inside my bag. XD

Liying ended up being a bit late, so Hong Wei and I were killing time by messing around with my new camera, haha. ^_^ The result of his constant dodging, the constant chasing of my camera, combined with the flash effect (turning on flash and then pointing it straight at his eye = fun ), resulted in this:



Don't ask how, don't ask why. o.O

Liying came a bit later, and apparently we looked a lot different from back when we were in primary school five years ago? Well, that's what she told us anyway. *takes out primary school graduation day photos for comparison...* I don't see much difference in myself. o.O Still the same hairstyle (although my hair now is much longer XP Thinking of cutting it, haha, it's discomfortable with long hair), still the same thick eyebrows, okay, a lot much more pimples... Hong Wei, though... BLIMEY! Liying, you ARE right!!

And to celebrate my birthday, Liying suggested that we might as well go to the newly-opened Terminal 3 in Changi Airport. Might as well check it out, haha. That was the first time the three of us went there since its opening, by the way. ;D Did a lot of catching-up on the MRT there, haha. Well, can't help it, we haven't seen one another (not Hong Wei and I though, we see each other everyday at work o.O) for four years already, haha.

Here's a photo I took at the airport after alighting the MRT and on the long (it was really long, haha) escalator to Terminal 2 (:P):



After arriving at Terminal 2, we took the Skytrain to Terminal 3, and I admit, I exclaimed "Wah!" when we first stepped into the newest terminal! XD Here's the very first photo I took there, haha, depicting its greenery.



Seriously, no kidding about the greenery part. Liying pointed out that the palm trees, together with the armed soldiers, made it looked as if those carrying their assault rifles are hunting bears in a jungle! XD Well, bears-hunting isn't that exciting, let's have them hunt tigers instead. And lol, it reminded me of prehistoric times, where people survived by hunting for food in forests. It's "hunt, or be hunted" and "eat, or be eaten" back in those times.

Imagine all the excitement and fun. Beats pasting stamps anyway.

I must admit though, I was rather disappointed. Faizal told me that Terminal 3 was like "Windows Vista". Lots of light, lots of glass. And I immediately thought that Terminal 3 would look like this Windows Vista Aurora wallpaper I found while on Google Image Search with the term "windows vista":



All I see there though, are not shining lights as depicted in this wallpaper, but just normal, standard lights, put alongside a bunch of rectangular metal frames, which I don't know why the fuck they chose to put it up there. Can someone please enlighten me on why you need to waste money just to set up useless rectangular metal frames at the ceiling? Maybe it's due to the ridiculousness of all this, but I forgot to take a photo of those ridiculous frames to show you guys how ridiculous this is. Maybe someone can remind me about it next time I go there.

Next time someone tells me how a place looks like, I'll stay pessimistic and imagine the worst. That way, I won't be disappointed, but rather, on the other hand, impressed (since I thought of it in the most shitty way I can think of, you see).

I think whoever designed the interior of the terminal is a sadistic, cruel bastard. Just look at these pictures.







Don't understand? Let me explain it to you! They leave all the good things to passengers taking planes, build a glass wall to keep those visitors and non-travelers out, then put in a corridor for those visitors to look at, admire, take pictures of and drool over all those good things those travelers get to enjoy!! DX

We went to the viewing gallery next, just because Liying was so enthusiastic about looking at planes, haha. For the sake of fun, I took a picture of a plane as well. Hong Wei tried getting the hell out of my camera range, but he failed! Hah!! XD



There was also this little model of the airport there at the viewing gallery. I referred to it like a map. :3



Liying was hungry, and thus we embarked on the quest to find ourselves a restaurant! Damn, it was really hard to find a freaking place to eat in the Airport, man, especially since most of them are hidden behind the glass wall which I shall name the "Changi Wall" (if Germany has a wall in Berlin named Berlin Wall, why can't Singapore have a wall in Changi named Changi Wall?), the barrier that only people rich enough to ride on planes get to pass by.

I decided to send Faizal a SMS. Since he works as a guide in the airport, he should know where all the freaking restaurants in this God damned huge place (no kidding about its size. I was particularly thinking about how fun it would be to have a huge ice-and-water game there, haha. Later, I advanced onto thinking about a mass, chaotic fight. :P Um... Uh... A... pillow fight. Yup, a pillow fight. A mass, chaotic ...pillow fight. ), and I can also have fun and visit a friend at work, haha. Two birds killed with one stone.



But what bad timing! Faizal is going home after work at that moment!! Next time though, Faizal, next time I'll come find you at work. :P (And disturb you with an endless string of questions. It's your job to answer idiotic questions after all )

Just when we were preparing to leave the airport and get back to Tampines for dinner, we stumbled upon a lift! Whoa, cool, haha. :P We got onto it and went down to basement, where according to the label beside the lift buttons, there are restaurants down there. Off we go! For once, I had the foolish thought that maybe we could access the passenger-exclusive area with the elevator (since the entire first floor seemed to be entirely passenger-exclusive, from the looks of it), but nah, I doubt they are that dumb. XD

Oh, and a picture of a curious-looking fountain we saw. XD



I couldn't believe my ears (wanted to say "eyes", but at that time, I wasn't wearing spectacles and didn't see it until Hong Wei and Liying pointed it out), man, back then when Hong Wei and Liying told me they saw a sign saying "NTUC FairPrice". Who the hell would set up a supermarket in the airport, man?

...Until I saw the freaking supermarket right in front of our eyes. O______O

Blimey, pal, blimey!! After seeing that, now, I'll believe anything you say! Anything!! Even if you told me that you're a Death God, and you came all the way from some place called Soul Society to vanquish evil spirits, which means that monster earlier was one of those evil spirits, and it attacked that little girl, and I'll still believe every single word and not flip a table at you while calling you a "dumbass"!

Yes, the word "exaggeration" is merrily and happily stamped all over the previous paragraph.



But seriously, seeing a supermarket in an airport is something even my pessimistic mind can never think of. NEVER. And what is even weirder is that the supermarket, or at least, the front part of the supermarket (as we didn't bother to go in and have a look, Liying was starving, haha, and who the heck can bear to let a lady go hungry? :P), is selling what no one calls "normal", going by the standards of normal supermarkets. Stuff like garden gnomes and plants in plant pots, no one sells them in a supermarket!! Go sell 'em in the botanic garden instead!!!

Maybe it was the NTUC FairPrice, but seeing a Kopitiam after the supermarket didn't shock me as much. Oh well, now that we find a place to eat, time to get some dinner! XD

Oh, and I like to leave a comment or two about it. One bowl of fishball noodles, with, as its name very implies, nothing but fishballs and noodles, and the God damned soup!! And it costs four bucks! Blatant ripoff!! When the auntie told me four dollars in return to me asking how much it is, I was there thinking, "Four freakin' bucks? There better freakin' be abalones in it or somethin'!!" And guess what? There isn't even those standard fishcakes, minced meat and those others expected in fishball noodles! AND THIS COSTS FOUR BUCKS?!?



Liying ate rather slowly, haha (don't worry though, Liying, we will wait for you no matter how long you take ^_^), so Hong Wei and I went to get dessert. Being unable to differentiate the pronunciation of this sneaky little word with "desert" (in other words, I don't know which word is pronounced in which way XD), I had to say, "Hong Wei, let's go get ourselves dessert, desert, whichever one is correct. Who cares? I'm fine with the other one either, let's go eat some sand." XD



While queuing up for desert, we noticed a Caucasian with blond hair. Having played Soul Calibur III previously, I immediately pointed out to Hong Wei, "Siegfried!!" XD



After eating, we noticed that there really isn't anything left in the airport for us to check out, and so, we decided to go to the MRT Station and catch a MRT back. On the way, I was looking at the various signboards and wondering whether I can recognize any of the katakana (I thought they were hiragana though ) on them, haha. Well, I only recognized a character every here and there. :(

I'm rather proud to declare that I can recognize the katakana characters for "bus" though. :D 『バス』。 『ツバサ』の『バ』,『ジャスミン』の『ス』。 ["tsubasa" no "ba", "jasumin" no "su"; the "ba" in "tsubasa" (wing), the "su" in "jasumin" (jasmine)] :)

I think I'm still better with kanji though. 翼 for "tsubasa", and um... 慧莹 for "jasumin". ["jasmine", being a gairaigo (Japanese loanword), is written in katakana (instead of hiragana) and has no kanji, so I took Jasmine (as in the person, not the flower :P)'s Chinese name and used it. Hope you don't mind, Jasmine XP]

Guess what we learnt when we reached the MRT Station? One side leads to Terminal 2, and the other... leads to Terminal 3. Yeah, we didn't know that when we came, so we went to Terminal 2 and took a skytrain to Terminal 3. How cute. XD

And we went back to Tampines MRT Station and went home separately from there. ^_^

No comments: