Friday, January 11, 2008

Went to Temasek Poly, again, with Vernon

Lol. At the start of work, I was on my way to the lift lobby (where boxes of envelopes waiting to be processed are dumped there) to pick up a few boxes under the instruction of my line leader so my line can do, when I saw Hong Wei coming to work. The earphones still attached to his ears seem to tell me that he just arrived for work. Since we haven't seen each other for two days, I decided to greet him with a "Yo!", while he stayed silent and just gave me a weak smile (hey, bastard, when I greet people, I expect a God damned greeting back -.-). Just when it seems as if today is going to have a good start (albeit feeling slightly annoyed for not getting a verbal reply back), after the two of us went past each other, the demon supervisor suddenly shouted Hong Wei's name. "Shit! No doubt she's up to nothing good!" were my immediate thoughts, and it seems that whatever unfortunate thoughts that come into my mind always come true.

...... Expecting an ambush or a sudden attack or so, I can't help but think, "What the fuck?" when the demon loudly announced, "You're late for five minutes!" Five minutes? Only! Damn! She really is a demon! Less than ten minutes into work and one of my nakama already got owned! Crap! ...Well, I couldn't resist but telling Hong Wei "Owned!" though. *shifty eyes* Thank you very much for the influence, Vernon. :P

Damned crap! Was eating roti prata with Kim Hui, Sin Wei, Adrian and second uncle, and shit! I accidentally spilt curry onto my white shirt! Fuck! How am I supposed to go to Temasek Poly like that (I'm going again today, only this time with Vernon)?! DX

I'm glad I can count on Vernon to bring me an extra T-shirt for me to change into though. XD

Lunch was with Hong Wei, Sin Wei and Deck Deng. I wanted to ask Kim Hui along too, but haha, he wanted to eat at the coffee shop across the road, so we split up.

Both Sin Wei and I ate prawn noodles, and both Hong Wei and Deck Deng ate rice, so it became a rice-vs-noodle two-on-two match. o.O Deck Deng left immediately after finishing his own meal, not bothering to wait for us. The three of us went back after taking our own sweet time finishing our meals, haha.

And OH MY FUCKING GOD!! You won't believe what the fuck we saw just as we got back into the factory! Kim Hui was walking back... sheltering under an umbrella held by the demon supervisor! What the crap?! Kim Hui walking under an umbrella with the demon!? Oi, oi, this can't be fucking happening!! I told you to come along with us, now look what happened!!

In case you, like Sin Wei, who don't watch many animes and thus have no idea, let me explain. It is said in animes (I'm thinking it's a Japanese culture) that if you walk under an umbrella with someone of the opposite sex... you'll end up falling in love with him or her! (Why else do I have an umbrella inside my bag, lmao...?) Examples from animes include Harima and Eri from School Rumble, and Kyon and Haruhi from the only anime-exclusive episode of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Oh God, oh God! Someone please grab Kim Hui away before his soul gets taken and eaten! Argh! Mayday! Mayday! Well, I wanted to offer my... what's that word? My sincerest apologies? My deepest gratitude? Shit, what was that word...?

Sin Wei originally wanted to come along with Vernon and I to Temasek Poly, lol. Well, he said he just wanted the free goodie bag, haha. Even though he's already finished education at ITE and even his army training, well, I'm sure given his rather less-than-average height, he still can blend in well though, haha.

Lol, third uncle (we refer to him by his surname Hoe. Oh, don't get the wrong idea) took a leave for the third and fifth days of Chinese New Year. Since the first two days are Public Holiday and the fourth is a Sunday, he gets a long break of five days to celebrate the new year, lmao. Though weirdly, on his leave application form, under the column "DURING ABSENCE, DUTY COVERED BY...", the line leader had everyone in our line except uncle sign it. O.o Yup, that means that I, Kim Hui, some auntie and even the line leader herself signed it. O.o Lol, what the fuck for? Four people covering one guy? You can't be serious! I told Kim Hui, "You know what a petition is? ;)" Lol, might as well go around collecting everyone's signatures...

Sin Wei got forced to do sub today, so he ended up being unable to go to Temasek Poly along with us! Damn! Damn that demonic supervisor! Owning three of my nakama in a single day is absolutely unforgivable! Having previously SMSed Vernon telling him that one of my friend at work would be coming along, I had no choice but to end up SMSing him again telling him that my friend is not coming. He offered his condolences.

Oh! So that was the word I was searching for during the end of lunch! "Condolences"! Thanks, Vernon. ;D

Oh, and Adrian is taking his basic driving theory test today. I wish him the best of luck. :)

Since I was going to Temasek Polytechnic open house (again, yes, heehee. ^_^ But I thought that since I was going to get stuck there for three years, I might as well spend more time knowing the environment. The trip yesterday was really rushed, didn't even see anything much ._.) with Vernon after work, I decided to meet up with him at Tampines MRT Station at 3.30pm, then take a bus there from Tampines Bus Interchange.

Unfortunately, things don't always go as planned... Because... the bus taking us from the factory to Tampines MRT Station ended up 15 minutes earlier than expected. D: That's 15 minutes' worth of time I need to kill, sigh. I'm grateful to Hong Wei for choosing to stay and wait with me, haha, though oi, at least next time, stay until the end, and not go off after finishing eating that damned bread you stuffed into your bag. -.-

And lol, speaking of his bag, the plastic holding the strap broke, ouch. Not wanting to waste my new 3.2 megapixel camera (), I took a photo of the two plastic pieces, along with his shoes and jeans. XD



And I took a picture of him eating bread as well. XD Damn ya, stop trying to avoid the camera lol.



We also went inside Guardian and took a look at the things for sale too, haha. The potato chips. Hmm, reminds me of the first day of 4R2 class chalet, when Yoshida and I came here for me to buy potato chips for the gift exchange thingy. XD I found a box of plasters and even considered whether I should buy one and keep it in my bag, lol. I don't know, but I seem to be getting injured a lot lately. Well, using my hands to work and earn a living, and using my legs to kick opponents and enjoy fighting, you can't expect me not to get injured. -.- Hmm, don't know why I didn't buy any though, haha. It's much cheaper to buy them in bulk than to buy one at a time at 10 cents.

As I mentioned earlier, he went off after finishing that stupid bread of his (:P), leaving me to wait on my own. I was standing outside the MRT gates, and expecting Vernon to arrive by taking the MRT, was on the lookout for people wearing black. I'm willing to bet half of my salary this month that Vernon WILL WEAR BLACK. It sucks that I had to keep folding my arms, lol, just to cover those stupid curry marks left on my white shirt. =.=

About one out of every ten people wear black, lol. Just a rough estimation, yeah. There was this black-wearing guy that really stands out though, lol, given his height. Even though I consider myself to be pretty tall already, that guy looks even taller than me. O_O Looking at his black T-shirt, I asked in my mind, "Can that be Vernon?", but nah, since when did he grow so tall, lol? Next, my mind asked a very ridiculous question. "Then could it be... Ephraim?" O________O What the fuck at my very weird, imaginative and creative mind, lmao. Yeah, sure, why not? I remembered when the Chinese teacher wrote in Yoshida, Vernon and my Chinese reading logs that Ephraim might one day grow taller than us. O________O

Yes, everything in the above paragraph about Ephraim is ENTIRELY SARCASTIC. :)

That bub is late, lol. At 3.45pm, he called me, asking me where I am. Yes, pal, I am at MRT Station where we agreed to meet, and you are not. :P He told me he is at Century Square, lol, so I walked out of the MRT Station and looked at the direction of Century Square for people wearing black and walking towards the MRT Station. XD I spotted one and started waving, haha. After quite a while, Vernon finally spotted me as well, and gave me a hand sign that seemed to ask, "Why are you wearing your spectacles?" Well, if I don't wear my spectacles, I can't exactly find you among the crowd as easily, can I? :P

And oi, I was counting on you to bring me an extra pair of T-shirt! Do you expect me to wear a T-shirt stained with curry to TP? We ended up going to Hang Ten and buying a shirt just for this, lmao. For some reason or another (maybe it was because I tend to rush, or else we won't have enough time to explore TP, that I tend to make decisions without much thinking), I bought a shirt with a collar. Right, guess that would mean I can wear it to work, haha. Argh, I think I'm the first one in the world to have already bought his or her new clothes for Chinese New Year. XD (According to Wikipedia, people typically wear new clothes from head to toe to symbolize a new beginning in the new year.) But why did I buy light blue, lol? I already have quite a few light blue shirts. I should have bought red, since clothing mainly featuring the colour red is commonly worn throughout the Chinese New Year, lol. Well, it's just one month more to Chinese New Year, why not? Kill two birds in one stone, lol. XD

We boarded a double decker bus 69 to Temasek Polytechnic and went in. Vernon felt rather surprised that we entered the compound immediately after crossing the overhead bridge. XD I noticed that the two rows of swords of Senbonzakura Kageyoshi are still there, lol. I told Vernon to go and get the goodie bag first, but nah, he decided to take it before we leave. All right, no preferences here anyway.

Considering that my first choice is the School of Informatics and IT and my second choice is the Engineering School, while Vernon's first choice is the Business School and second choice is the Engineering School, we first went to check the Engineering School out, since it's the only school the both of us have in common. XD

Now that I actually had time to stop and have a look at the things being on exhibition, hey, it doesn't sound bad to join Engineering School! Well, of course, the things they design and create look extremely tedious, difficult and troublesome, haha. I don't know if I can do things up to their standard if I join though, haha.

The very first exhibit that the both of us stopped to take a closer, more in-depth look was a rather huge robot that apparently "cleans rubbish chutes". Wow, blimey, rubbish chutes need to be clean? I have totally no idea about it, lol. Then again, since rubbish chutes are often hidden extremely well, they tend to become so insignificant that we rarely give much of a thought about it. So, well, kudos to them for thinking up of such a thing. XD

Though, I couldn't really tell how does a huge, black cylinder with arms and wheels attached to it can clean a rubbish chute, so I decided to ask, "Can we see a demo please?" XD Vernon's reply was particularly funny, haha. "Demo?? o.O" All we saw was the arms going up and down though, lol. Don't really know how this thing apparently works, but hey, since it's on display, I'm sure it can work, can't it? ^_^"

The next thing that we stopped at, well, I don't really get what is it for. Something to do with ice cream, I'm sure, but what? 分からない。 (Wakaranai; I don't understand) ^_^ The mechanics inside sure look extremely confusing, though. That guy who talked to us about it was really friendly as well. ^_^

The last thing we stopped at was a really confusing display of wires, circuit boards, resistors and other parts, all installed inside something that looked like a computer case. Thinking that it might have something to do with the course for "Diploma in Computer Engineering", my preferred course, I stopped to take a look. But nope, it was apparently a device that can change the current and voltage of a direct current. The DC-version of a transformer, which works only for alternating current, I suppose. Vernon didn't get what it was for, lol.

On our way to exit and check out the other schools, we also found a room that looks extremely nice, with carpeting and all, haha. Curiosity got the better of us, and we decided to check it out. After moving past the room, where there is a rotating visualizer, we reached a room where there are four other doorways. Combine that from where we came from, and we get five. Yup, a room with five doorways.



我等!今こそ決戦の地へ!信じろ我等の刃は砕けぬ!信じろ我等の心は折れぬ!例え歩みは離れても鉄の志は共に在る!誓え!我等地が裂けようとも 再び 生きて この場所へ!!!



Yup, it does indeed remind me of that room in Las Noches, where Ichigo and the others split up after chanting the Gotei 13 big battle ritual chant. XD

Out of the four rooms (excluding the entrance where we came from), one leads to an office, one is closed, and the other two holds exhibitions. We went to one of those latter two. There was a huge 3D screen showing an MRT platform. According to what they told us, apparently, this is a 3D simulation in which you can control your movements around, and be able to see and walk around a place which might be difficult for you to go too (overseas, for example).

Since the 3D screen looked like the vision of someone standing on the MRT tracks, Vernon told me, "Yeah, great, a simulation of what you see and how you feel before you get knocked down by a MRT." I chuckled. XD

Some guy volunteered to take the controls, consisting of a sensor helmet and a controller for movement, and walked around. I must admit, the detailed graphics must be a bitch to draw up. And the graphics for those 2D games I used to design was already a pain in the ass, what about this 3D simulation!? O_O Though, dude, stop walking through walls. I know you can do that (they probably didn't bother to add in the code that disallows people to walk through obstacles), but hey, it looks extremely weird to the spectators here. o.O And lol, the guy tried to take the escalator and go down, but no go. Instead, he gets to walk as if there isn't an escalator under his feet, but instead, leveled ground. XD



After that guy is done playing around, they tried to ask for another person to volunteer giving it a try next. I wanted to sabo Vernon, gave him a push from the back, haha, but in the end I pulled him back. I'm not that bad lah. Vernon even offered me five bucks to go up, take the thing and spin like crazy, so the screen would spin as well. XD Nah, why bother, when you can just take the helmet sensor and spin it instead? :P

The two of us left a short while later and went to the other room. There were three displays there. The first one was to show components of a certain part used in the engineering of planes, and using light sensors, you can use your hands to control the viewing of the part, like changing the direction of camera, zooming in and out, and even assemble or disassemble the component! I don't know, wouldn't it be better if they just give you a real component for you to look at, lol?

The second display was of a 3D fishing rod on an ordinary plasma TV. The 3D effect was due to the fact that they combined layers, or something like that. The thing looked rather blur when you look at it close, haha. They said that companies can use it to display and advertise their products. I thought that it would be extremely ironic to use it to display and advertise a television. I mean, come on, a television showing a 3D image of a television when you can just look at the television showing that 3D image? O_o

The third and last display was, hmmm, I don't know how to describe it, lol. Apparently, it has two function. The first is to view a 3D image of the human body, and you can select which you want to see, the digestive system, the skeletal system, the circulatory system, etc. I bet it would be interesting for students who take biology, but for us, people who did not take biology, we are better off yawning at one corner. :P The other function is just a video conference, albeit a rather high-quality one. You get to see the other party, and at one small corner, your image. I did the V-sign behind Vernon's head as bunny ears, and Vernon saw it at the corner, where we see ourselves there. XD

We left the room with five doors, and subsequently, the Engineering School. I'm glad we didn't get lost at the room with five doors and not know which way to go, unlike Pesshe and Dondochakka. XD



We went to the Business School next, since it was Vernon's first choice. There weren't really any exhibitions. Well, can't say none at all. There is one, but on hospitality and tourism management. I wanted to go in and take a look, out of curiosity, but the extremely large number of people in there (there were even a queue of people outside, waiting to get in and take a look) convinced me otherwise. Vernon was also uninterested. He told me, "Given my attitude, do you think I would do well in hospitality and tourism management?" XD

Freaking hell!! There's a freaking Cheers at Business School! Damn!! I'm totally jealous of it!!
Imagine buying potato chips before a particular lecture and being able to eat it (though you have to do it secretly, I bet :P) during that lecture! What convenience!! Damn!!

Nothing much to see there, so we went to School of Informatics and IT next. Interesting stuff, yeah. There was an equipment there that apparently removes the copper in a copper solution. Something to do with ions. All confusing Chemistry-shit. Vernon was having a lot of discussion and questions with the lecturer. I, on the other hand, got the hell confused out of me.



We decided to check out the library next. Well, since if I do get stuck here for three years, the library should be where I end up slacking most of the time, right? XD Well, most of the time I've slacked at the library at Ngee Ann Sec for four years, lol, so why not? Besides, I'm rather curious to check out the second tallest library in Singapore. :P

We went to the most top floor, since I wanted to look at the scenery. Bleh, turns out there's nothing that. I took two photos though. :P





We went down and took a look at some of the books there. Hmm, sure seems like the library would be a great source of information for the course you take, looking at the books, haha. I took a more scenic photo this time. XD



Hyuu!! What a great view! XD The garden where we got lost yesterday, the beautiful fountains I saw yesterday, and Bedok Reservoir at the background! :D

(Yes, that "Hyuu" was from Fay in Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE. :P On several occasions, Fay would say the sound 'Hyuu!', because according to him, he does not know how to whistle.)

You know at the entrance of TP, you can see a rather long corridor around at the seventh of eighth floor connecting two buildings? That corridor was amazing, man!! It's so high, and yet there's no pillar supporting it in the middle! Fascinating, lol!! O__O I wanted to go to the middle and check out the view, haha, so we went down. On the way down, I had some fun with my camera. :P



And in this below picture, there Vernon is, telling me to hurry up and go already. XP (His hand seems blurred because he just put it down after waving for me to get down XD)



Vernon wanted to use the computers, haha, but what's the chance of it not being protected by passwords to prevent people who are not students or staff of this polytechnic from using it? Zero, that's what. XD

That library is great, haha. I'm sure I'm going to have a fun time slacking there for three years. XP

We decided to leave after checking out the library. Wanted to go to Tampines Mall to eat, and thanks to the overcrowding of the bus stop, we retraced the route I took yesterday and went over to take 291 to the interchange. XD

At Tampines Mall, we wanted to eat McDonald's, but what the hell, it's always so crowded. Shit. We went to Popular to waste time, hoping that McDonald's wouldn't be so crowded by the time we got back. Hmmmm, didn't see any new manga come out. Sigh. ;_;

And haha, Vernon saw Ten-Years-Series being sold! Finally, after two months and two weeks of waiting! :D Damn. I still remember the questions, but totally forgot the answers, and thus was unable to check if I got shit correct or wrong. Sigh. ._. And heh, I remember that while blogging about my English 'O' level Paper 1 last year, I forgot a question or two of the composition, and thus was unable to blog about them. Thus I went and spent a long time taking a photo of that page (I didn't know how to use my camera's auto focus function -.-) so I could blog about it. XD

On our way back to McDonald's, we pass by Courts. Didn't forget to point a middle finger at the sign that says "$1899". =.= That damned same laptop that I bought five months and three days was four hundred dollars more expensive, damn it.

McDonald's was still God damned crowded, so we decided to check out the McDonald's at the bus interchange. Shit, it was equally crowded. Sigh. We decided to go to Century Square next. Along the way, we passed by some ATM machines and I thought of withdrawing some money, since I don't have much money in my wallet, but shit, there were too many people, and it's a fucking pain in the ass to have to join the queue and wait. =.= I don't understand why there are so many fuckers at 6pm and not a single bitch at 6am. -.-

So screw it, I'll make payments with NETS. =.=

We went to Century Square to waste more time, waiting for the people to clear off at McDonald's. :P At the fourth floor, we walked into Best Denki. Vernon should seriously start considering what laptop he wants to buy, lmao, since he is definitely going to need one if he's going to polytechnic. Oh, and did I mention that AFTER TWO MONTHS, he's still stuck down there?!



XD! Bub, seriously, hurry up lol.

And heh, that was the place where I got my laptop five months ago as well. I checked the price, and "$1799"?! THAT'S EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS THAN THE ONE AT COURTS! A DROP OF $500 IN PRICE AFTER FIVE MONTHS? FUCK YOU!!

Wouldn't take a really high IQ to predict that I pointed a middle finger at that sign. :P

I went to check out the price of a 2GB microSD memory card, and, FUCK!! $55!? THIS IS A JOKE OF BAD TASTE!!

...Yo, 512MB microSD card, looks like you're stuck with me forever. Hope it's a pleasure to be working with you.

-__________________________________-

And lol, we saw one laptop that looked really small, especially when compared to the other laptop beside it, it practically had the name "EPHRAIM" slapped on it. XD So I was like, "Hey, Vernon, look! Ephraim's laptop!!" XD



Yup, reflected in the screen of the laptop on the right is me. :D Raising my arm to hold the camera, lol.

We went up to Comic Connection. Tried searching for a phone strap, but bleh, didn't see any I like. Forget it. I went over to the manga section, and whoohoo, Bleach volume 31 is out. :D Though, volume cover depicting Szayel is extremely disgusting. Not as bad as compared to the chapter cover of Chapter 305, but still disgusting. D:

I was like, "Hey, Vernon! Bleach volume 31 is out!" And he told me that he had already saw it at Popular just now. Huh? You saw and didn't tell me? D: Strange, how come I didn't see it, lol? Oh, and One Piece volume 48 is out! ^_^ The Taiwan version at least. Costs $8.20. ;_; Okay, no thanks, I'm waiting for the Singapore version to come out. ._. Ended up buying Bleach, but with no money to pay for it. -_____-

My very first time having to use NETS to pay $5.50 for a volume of manga. =.=

Yes, I have unfortunately reached the stage of being so fucking poor I have to end up using NETS to pay $5.50. =_________=

We went to McDonald's, and finally, an empty table! :D Hey, that table was exactly the same table Hong Wei, Andy, Andy's friend and I sat on last time we went there to eat, haha. Grateful to Vernon for buying the stuff, haha. I spent the time on waiting trying to figure out how to use the auto-focus function of my camera. Yes, I didn't bother reading the manual that came with my handphone, and now I had to pay the price for it. =.= Still didn't figure it out by the time Vernon returned.

After dinner, Vernon called home to check what time the shuttle bus from Century Square to his condo comes. Hmmm, 8.40pm. That's half an hour more, lol. We decided to go to Toys 'R' Us to kill some time.

Yup, that would mean that it's time to have some fun with toy swords. :D! (I'm sure Sean and Hong Wei would know that by now, lmao)

I wanted to take a photo with Vernon posing with a toy sword, haha, but he didn't want to, lol, so instead, he took a photo of me posing with a toy sword. :P



Yes, with my mastery over the skill Shunpo, I am one of the fastest among the Gotei 13, to the point that I can leave up to five afterimages of myself behind when I move. Nah, Vernon just didn't know how to use the auto-focus function of my camera (though he's not the only one XD), lol.



This one seems a lot better, although it's still a bit blur, haha. And well, yeah, I copied that pose from Zoro before executing 36 Pound Cannon in One Piece. :P



Oh, so Zoro doesn't grip the sword with both hands, but only with one, while his other grabs his elbow. I see, I see. My mistake. Maybe I should have done Syaoran before executing Raitei Shourai in Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE too. XD

We left after making a mess (XP) and went to where the shuttle bus to Vernon's condo is supposed to come. Took a few pictures as well. :P



Lol at the fact that there isn't a stupid mirror at the back of my handphone. XP



This one turned out much better, haha.

His bus arrived and we said goodbye. I went to the Tampines Bus Interchange for a bus home, reading Bleach volume 31 the whole way home. XD

No comments: