Thursday, January 24, 2008

'O' levels results

And the results of my 'O' levels have finally been revealed to me at long last. I think I'm going to dedicate a blog post to this pain-in-the-ass, waste-of-my-time, mother-fucking son of a bitch set of examinations. ^_^ Sorry if the vulgarities upset you. :P

Well, I thought of including this in my daily blog post, but hey, that would make it damn long, so I'm going to write this as a separate blog post instead. Yeah, sure, I'm breaking my daily routine of one blog post per day, but oi, this is my blog. MY BLOG. I hope no one will have any problems about me blogging twice per day, just for today? ^_^ If anyone has any problems though, please, walk forward, confront me, and *claps hands and draws sword* you can direct any questions to my pal here. *reveals smile*

Before we start, I would like to reveal my real expectations of how I would fare in the 'O' levels though. I'll try to be realistic; not flood it with pessimism or fill it with hope, haha, taking into considerations the results of my past exam papers and the amount of difficulty I had while sitting for my 'O' levels exams. This is one reason which makes me glad I sacrifice about three to four hours daily for blogging. Instantaneous information about my life anytime, anywhere (it's literally anywhere, since I can use my handphone to view my blog ^_^). XD
  • English - C5. In my opinions, I screwed my composition up (it wasn't exactly difficult to find the mistakes I made after I handed it up, because the number of mistakes I made was so great that I would be blind not to find any), I screwed my letter-writing up (I fell asleep after writing some weird shit, which I am blaming the cold air-con on ) and I screwed my summary up (I realized that after checking the answer for summary in the Ten-Years-Series) as well. It is just my optimism (yes, I have a bit of optimism hidden within me! *gasps!* :O) that prevented me from writing a C6.
  • Chinese - B3. I already received a B3 for my Chinese when I took the exams in May, and I doubt re-taking that stupid exam again in November would help much. Nor did it help that the letter-writing question was so particularly tricky (according to my opinions, at least) that it turns me off rather quickly. Oh, and I screwed the oral up real badly as well. Then again, that would make it seem that I am wasting my time re-taking my Chinese, but alas, those stupid idiots made it compulsory for people below A2. Now you know why I keep poking those with A1 and A2 for Chinese in May (Hong Wei is one good example. I remember still mocking him about it last week at work).
  • E. Maths - A1. Seriously, I am counting on both my mathematics subjects for a low L1R4 and L1R5. If I can't get A1 for both of them (I was going to say "at least an A1", but then, what the fuck? There's nothing better than A1 ), I would be seriously disappointed. Anyway, I've been constantly getting A1 for E. Maths, and the only shit I screwed up during the exam (or at least, which I am aware of) was a one-mark question that I'll consider as donation to the... needy.
  • A. Maths - A1. What started as a most-difficult subject and the one which I hate most, because I could never grasp the concept no matter how hard I struggled, in my Sec 3 life has now become my favorite subject before the 'O' levels. I must admit, it is so-far the only Ten-Years-Series that I am doing for fun, and not forcing myself to do it instead. I like a challenge, I guess, and I can meet that challenge once I understood the concept, haha. ^_^ And as well as with E. Maths, I'm counting on it for a low L1R4 and L1R5. 頼ります,お願い!(tayorimasu, onegai!; I'm counting on you, please!)
  • Physics - B3. Receiving a B4 in May and a B3 in September, I am rather confident of this Science-subject of mine, but only because it involves, like mathematics, calculation! :D Besides, my Physics teacher is a good one, I can most of the time easily understand the concepts that he is trying to teach, haha.
  • Chemistry - D7. Totally abandoning this asshole subject and only bothering to study for it because it is a way for me to spend some time with Hong Wei, I won't be surprised, nor would I be disappointed, to fail for this God damned subject. I just hope I don't do worse, a D7 is already too ugly on my certificate.
  • Geography - B4. I suppose. I can't really gauge myself on this subject, to be honest. Sometimes I do really excellent, and at other times I really fail like shit. It ridiculously went up and down, reminding me of roller coasters. All I can do is hope for the best, but try to not wish for too much, and settle for a B4. Oh, and I can still hear the voices of that stupid Geography teacher ringing in my ears, calling out my name loudly and embarrassingly (I meant for me.). Guess that is what happens when you tend to sleep too much in the lesson of a teacher who shouts out the names of whoever fell asleep like an alarm clock. Yeah, get Yoshida to tickle me, you bitch.
  • Combined Humanities - C5. I've been getting both C5 in May and September, lol. I thought maybe I would get C5 again. Or perhaps C6, I don't know. Just my pessimism working up, I guess. I rather like my History syllabus (though I can't say the same for Social Studies), and I had two wonderful History teachers who really knew how to teach (their teaching skills are more noticeable when compared to the teachers of my other subjects, of course) as well (although again, I admit I can't bear to say the same for my Social Studies teacher). All in all, it's my Social Studies that would drag me down. That, and the fact that I can't really give the answer of what they want for Source-Based Questions. Oh well, thinking back, at least there is something I learnt from my Social Studies teacher. Be a teacher, it's a good job. Just go into class, give out worksheets, sit at the table and play your laptop for an hour, collect worksheets, leave, go into next class, repeat.
And here... are my actual results:



And my comments on them:
  • English: A2!? You're kidding me, man!! This is the subject which I thought would be my downfall, leading to an extremely high L1R4 and L1R5 (if only the higher the better... Yeah, right.), and you are telling me that I could actually get an A2!? This is a dream! This is a dream! THIS IS JUST A DREAM!
  • Chinese: B3, meh, just as I expected. I ended up wasting my fucking time re-taking that damned exams. And for that I am pissed. PISSED! Lol.
  • E. Maths: A1, as expected. ^_^
  • A. Maths: A1, of course. I'd go on a killing spree if you tell me I got worse, haha. :P
  • Physics: Wow, I managed to scrape an A2? Not bad, I'm impressed with myself! ^_^ Oh, and I gotta remember to tell Yuchi that, and thank him as well, haha, seeing that he sacrificed his time (half an hour, to be exact, checking the chat logs) testing my knowledge of Physics formulae on MSN, haha. I told him that I would be going to his house and thanking him personally if I got an A1, and guess I'm spared the trouble. XP
  • Chemistry: C5? Wow. I guess I should be happy that I managed to pass? Not that I care anyway. I swore to give up on my Chemistry and no longer acknowledge its existence. I swore to no one... Just to... MY SOUL!!
  • Geography: B3. Oh well, in my range of expectations. I'm glad I didn't screw it up, that's all.
  • Combined Humanities: A1!? A1!? A1!??!?! YOU ARE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!! Getting A1 for Humanities is something that I will never believe, even if you give me a hundred bucks (I'll take the hundred dollars and pretend to though ), and are you serious that I got an A1?! This is not a dream?! I'm not in the dreamworld? If this is, someone wake me up! Punch me! Kick me! (I don't suggest kicking though, my instinct would recognize it as a hostile move and force my leg to kick you in retaliation ) I still can't believe I got an A1, lol. How the hell is this possible? I'd like to think that the marker was drunk when he was marking my paper. That is no coincidence, I guess, that he happened to be drunk while marking my paper, but hitsuzen. Yes, hitsuzen. I am meant to pursue my dream in polytechnic, and this is just to help me to achieve it. This is fate. This is destiny. This is hitsuzen!
And finally, my L1R5 and L1R4 score:
  • L1R5 - 10. Hey, what the hell. Good enough to enter decent JCs! Oh well, I'm not interested anyway. But I'll put in some JCs in my twelve choices anyway. One, it's to shut my parents up (their constant nagging at trying to force me to go into a JC is futile in everything except to fucking piss me off), and two, it's to fill up some of the empty slots for my twelve choices (I mean, twelve! Fucking twelve! Where the fuck do I get twelve from? Pull them out of my ass??).
  • L1R4 - 7. Whoohooo! R0xx0rs!! If I can't get into the course I want with this baby, I'm going on a massacre! A killing spree! For Lordaeron! For the King!!
To be really, really, fucking honest, I'm really surprised by the fact that I got a better L1R5 score than Vernon, though only by one point, haha. I thought Vernon would do better than me. A lot better. I'm still surprised, really. And Ephraim, haha, I owned you by one point. XP Hong Wei too, pwned you by one point! XP Kind of weird that out of all of my friends (Liying 12, Sakura 14, Edwyna 15, Sean 16), none of them has got lower than me. Oh, okay, Jing Liang got a 9. I didn't expect him to be THAT clever to be honest. No offense, Jing Liang! XP ...Provided you read my blog and stumble upon this, of course. But who knows, I just leave my blog URL in my MSN personal message there like an idiot, forgetting about the fact that I have Mdm Low added on MSN. Now she can just come and read my old blog posts anytime, about those back when I was still her student and criticising her lessons. Oh, Sze Ling too, with 9. How come I thought she got 11?

Oh, and I tried hiding my results from my parents. Not that I really wanted to show them. They are going to give me the standard crap again, I just know it. Besides, unlike report books, which requires parents' signatures, this does not, so why not? But my mother offered me fifty bucks for each distinction I scored, so out of greediness, I took out my result slip, and ta-dah, two hundred and fifty bucks right into my pocket. I'm rich. Though my mother koped fifty bucks from my father and use it to pay me. My poor dad, really gotta pity him.

I somehow managed to get my father to pay me fifty bucks for each distinction too, so that makes it hundred bucks per distinction overall. Whoohooo, two hundred and fifty bucks more! Though, what the fuck? I lent him six hundred bucks three weeks ago, and so far he's only returned me three hundred bucks (two hundred and fifty because he paid for my handphone and fifty was what I took from his drawer and dump into my bank account, thanks to the Cash Deposit machine outside the bank). Combined that with the interest of fifty bucks that I charged (yes, I am evil :D), and the new additional two hundred and fifty bucks, my dad still owes me a grand total of six hundred dollars.

My observations:
  1. It sucks to have a son who is both greedy and good in mathematics.
  2. It sucks more to be owing your son money.
  3. It sucks even more that your son does not give a flying fuck about the money you spent on his milk power, diapers, educational fees, entertainment, toys, transport, food, and all the other crap.
*deletes "To get good grades in 'O' levels" off wishlist*

And oh, thanks to everyone who congratulated me! :D (*copies those congratulations, since they would be deleted eventually :(*)

edwyna: CONGRATS ;DDD
chuawq90: hey! congrats on ur results!
Caleb: Grats man. See you all soon.
yujun: lol congrats u noob drinker
Kamel: Grats on your results :O
faizal: haha, u realli too damn pessimistic man, haha. congrats on the 10!

No comments: