Monday, March 03, 2008

Strength and Kindness

Strength and Kindness
強さと優しさ
Tsuyosa to Yasashisa



Lol, I'm blogging about yesterday's events now, but oh well. Two blog posts in a day just don't feel like my style, and neither did I feel like editing yesterday's blog post, so I just have to add it to today's. ;)

It was natural for mothers having lazy sons to force their sons to get their asses into the toilet for a shower. My mother is a perfect example. XD

So last evening, while I was reading Reader's Digest, my mother came, with one hand behind her back. Man, that's the standard old trick - the "shampoo attack", where she just puts shampoo on one of her hands, walk up to behind me and pats my head, so my hair gets "attacked by the shampoo". (You won't believe how loud Vernon laughed when I recounted that to him. He still tells me "Owned." in my face whenever we mention that -.-) Of course, with some damned shampoo on my hair, I'm pretty much forced to take a shower right immediately.

But nope, this trick has been executed way too many times for me to still fall for it. Immediately noticing the trick (her hiding her hand behind her back. Wow, too many "her"s in this sentence @_@), I, with my left hand still holding onto this month's version of Reader's Digest, quickly jumped backwards, my chair falling in the process, jumped over to my bed, and took my bolster with my right hand and attempt to fend off my mother using that bolster as a two-handed sword single-handedly. XD

So she got smart and knew it wouldn't work. At night, while I was reading Death Note, she mixed liquid soap with water and poured the soap solution into a spray bottle. But haha, for some reason, the spray bottle can't squirt out water!! XD So she gave up and I took the spray bottle. After about five minutes of messing around with it (which I can actually use to go and freaking bath ), I fixed the damn thing (nozzle was covered up, and the top half was too tightly screwed, so the water can't go up). And now, is the time for revenge.

With the spray bottle full of soap solution in my hands, I went up to my mother while she was watching the news and declared war, mwahahaha. XD She came lunging at me, trying to cover her eyes, and I kept backing away, all the while shooting. Just reminds me of boss battles in House of the Dead 4, lmao. The enemy comes at you, covering its weak spot, while you constantly backs off, shooting at it with all you've got. XD

When later, my mother complains that she got soap in her eyes, I told her, "Not my fault. Blame both the second and the third boss to have their eyes as their weak spots."

Don't worry though, guys. No matter how lazy I am, I still always bath in the end.



Lol, I suppose it's because of boredom or laziness or something else, but I decided that I am going to temporarily keep my facial hair and not shave it off, haha. Maybe I'm hoping to have one like Harima from School Rumble? O.o



Still a long way to go until mine looks like Harima's, I know, but you need time for something like this, haha. Here is how it looks now. :O



And oh well, I'll shave it off eventually anyway. Facial hair isn't really for me, haha, but for now, I'll see how long I can keep it. XD



Just started reading a new manga series, Fairy Tail, and I finished reading 76 chapters and is now up to the current series in two days. Damn, now I need to get myself a new manga series. XD

So well, Fairy Tail is about a Guild of mages with the same name. The mages take up missions and jobs and thus earn money. Yeah, that's basically it. Really reminds me of the guilds in computer gaming. XD In a way, reading Fairy Tail is really like reading One Piece, haha. It is no wonder, since Mashima Hiro, the author of Fairy Tail, studied under Oda Eiichiro, the author of One Piece, and once worked as his assistant. XD

And well, because the guild was already there since the beginning, instead of being started from scratch and slowly developed (like the Straw Hat Pirate Crew in One Piece), this manga lacks in character development in my opinions (since there are just so many freaking people in the guild). Maybe the characters would be slowly developed as more chapters come out, but I still think that starting a manga series with little people, so as to allow more room for character development, would be much better. :)

The main character is Natsu. This guy looks like Luffy (from One Piece), and has a personality like Luffy. He fights using physical attacks, though the body parts that he is attacking with (for example, his fists if he is punching and his legs if he is kicking) bursts to flame, increasing its destructive power. About that, I have only eight words to say about this: DAMN IT! THAT BRAT COPIED MY FIGHTING STYLE!



Oh, and did I mention that like Luffy, Natsu cares a lot about his nakama as well? Incidentally, Fairy Tail is another manga, like One Piece, where the scanlators opt not to translate the term nakama, but instead leave it there, lol. XD



The female main character is a Stellar Spirit mage named Lucy, who is able to summon Stellar Spirits by using keys. I find that she looks rather like Nami, haha, but I think it's just due to the similarity in drawing styles between both authors.



She would be actually rather cute if she doesn't do those stupid face faults so often. XD



And we have this guy named Gray. Likes to strip off his clothes, and uses ice magic with great speed. Looks really like Ace from One Piece, especially since the both of them are often seen half-naked. XD



Oh, and did I mention that Natsu and Gray are rivals and can't stand each other? I probably didn't, haha. Their rivalry isn't really developed in-depth, but apparently, it was explained that since Natsu uses fire magic and Gray uses ice magic, their elements clashed and they can't stand each other because of that, lol. I'm just glad they don't look exactly like Luffy and Ace respectively, or it would be weird seeing the two brothers from One Piece constantly bickering and fighting with each other. o.O



There's also another character named Erza, but so far, I only consider Natsu, Lucy and Gray the important characters for now. Maybe later, maybe later. XP







Lol, I love Sanji's comment the most. XD



You shouldn't piss the Straw Hats off, lol! XP



The strongest four male Straw Hats back during the Water Seven arc, haha. Now, I think Franky has taken Chopper's place as one of the four strongest male Straw Hats though.



Lol. After finishing reading Fairy Tail, I started reading Death Note, haha. Thinking that since I finished watching both the anime and the movies, why not read the manga as well? So here I am, haha.

Kamel warned me that there would be a lot of words, and boy, is he sure correct! Especially during the tennis match between Light and L at the beginning. So many words to read!! XD



He's so useless.



Lol, I hate waiting in the classroom for an examination to start too. XD



私はエルです。 (Watashi wa Eru desu.; I am L.) :O



And here is our main character, Yagami Light, also known as Kira. This laughing madman will become our God, y'know...?

...That's depressing! -.-



The world's greatest detective indeed, even accurately predicting that he will die. XD



Even for the world's greatest detective, sometimes, there will inevitably be something he don't understand.



Misa doesn't use her head. XD

Tutorial on how to fight, by Yagami Light and L Lawliet:

Lesson 1 - Punch


Lesson 2 - Kick


Lesson 3 - Grab the other guy's shirt before a heavy punch


Lesson 4 - Exchange of blows


Lesson 5 - What to do after you are caught fighting


If only L would have showed off his fighting skills again, the movie L: Change the WorLd wouldn't be half as boring. -.-



And lol, Sakura is using this rather cute display picture of Syaoran and Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura, so I told her to send it to me. XP

No comments: