Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Because for each time I get hurt, I get stronger.

My Malaysian relative, who came to Singapore seeking employment, visited us before she started looking for jobs, haha. My mother went out with her to go looking for jobs, and I tagged along for the sake of fun. :)

We first went to Block 201 at Tampines, since they spotted an advertisement from a jewelery shop there hiring workers, to give it a shot there. After ten minutes or so on an interview (when I was sitting outside the shop at a bench nearby and listening to music ^_^), they say that they would call three days later if interested. Right.

Then, we took bus 291 to Tampines Bus Interchange, and took bus 23 to Bendemeer Shopping Mall, because apparently, from what I can tell [I tend not to ask too many questions when I'm not really interested (also known as: don't give a damn ^_^)], my mother has a friend working in a crystal shop there, and she wants to go there to get her crystal beads armlet fixed or something like that.

In the bus interchange while waiting in the queue for bus 23, there was a group of JC students walking past, and I was noticing the girls in that group, whether they are cute or not, lmao. XD Result being that I didn't manage to spot Daniel, my classmate back when I was in Secondary 1 and 2 and who was also in that group, until he went up and wave at me. XD Man, I think I need to know where I should be focusing my attention on. XD

My mother and relative spent a bloody long time inside that small little cramped shop next to Boon Keng MRT Station, so in order to kill that extreme boredom, I was listening to music from my handphone while browsing through those 300 messages in my inbox, rooting out whichever I don't deem necessary any more and deleting them.

When Jay Chou's "牛仔很忙 (Cowboy On The Run)" plays, and just as the song reaches this particular line in the lyrics, "为什么不喝啤酒?因为啤酒伤身体。 (Why don't I drink beer? Because beer is harmful to health)", it just happens very, very coincidentally that, I was reading the message Edwyna sent me on Valentine's Day, "You really drinking ar?!", after I told her on that day that I am drinking beer. XD

What makes it even more amazing is that it was Edwyna herself who sent me that song. O_____O Yeah, I know, Andy once sent me this song (heck, I even blogged about it), but at that time, I don't really like that song much yet, so I deleted it.

After spending such a freaking long time in there, I was extremely glad that the two of them finally made it out. So they didn't get sucked into a black hole inside there or something, huh? It sucks when you are not only pessimistic, but imaginative as well. *rolls eyes*

We took bus 23 again to Rochor Canal Road. Walked past Sim Lim Square (they didn't even bother to slow down for me to examine what some of the shops are selling -.-), and to Bencoolen Street. We went into Bencoolen Building, where my relative tries her luck in the shops there for employment. While she was once doing so, I busied myself taking this photo.



As someone who dislikes smoking, I like this sign, man.

We went to Waterloo Street later. We went to Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple to pray (damn, they have every single shit in Wikipedia, from famous people to anime episodes, from manga chapters to landmarks XD). I was figuring that since my mother is such a - how should I put this...? - devoted Buddhist (I was wondering how to spell "devoted", and ended up spelling "devoid", checking "devoid" in the dictionary and wondering, "Hmm... That doesn't sound right..." XD), I'd get nagged if I don't start to offer joss sticks on my own, and so, that was what I did. XD

Later, my mother came and told us how happy she was when she saw me offering joss sticks voluntarily. She then started recounting one of my childhood tales to my relative. When I was five or so, I was just pretty much an ignorant kid who just knows how to play and play and play [...Fuck, I'm still the same now. I haven't grown up much, have I? D: (Rofl...! XD)]. Once, my mother dragged me here, to this exact temple, and said that if I just listened to what I was told, she'd give me three sweets.

Being a sucker for sweets when I was a kid (...Fuck, I still am too! Shit, what have I been doing during these past ten years or so? I remembered back when Dave and Mark were trying to persuade me to shake hands with Edmond, I told them that they can try and bribe me with sweets XD), I agreed. They did some shit I couldn't remember now [but I did remember that some guy chopped some sort of stamp on my hand. I remembered that particularly because it took me some God damn fifteen minutes to clean that off, and for an extremely impatient kid like who I was back then (I'm rather glad I am no longer that impatient now though... :P), that pissed me off like no tomorrow], and I got three sweets as promised.

I was rather happy about it, and forgot all about it (gee, you can't expect a kid to remember you eternally in gratitude just because of three fucking sweets, now, can you?), until I forgot how long later, my mother brought it up. Apparently, just for those three fucking sweets, I had became the godson of... Um... Who was it again...? Hang on, let me go ask my mother, she just came home. Okay, got it. I became the godson of Guan Yin. In other words, she became my godmother.

......What the hell? Just because I wanted to eat three sweets, some God whom I don't even know of its existence became my freaking godmother?! O____O You can pretty much imagine my reaction back then. Lots of shock. Lots of disbelief. Lots of "What the bloody hell?". [I learnt that because in the very beginning of the very first RPG I played, Chrono Cross (Pokémon games aside... ), Kid asked, "What the bloody hell?" XD]

Oh, there were lots of anger too, but they came later, after the shock and disbelief sank in. Shit like, "Why the hell didn't you tell me?", y'know. Hearing from my classmates that their godmothers give them gifts on Christmas and red packets on Chinese New Year didn't help much, either. All my godmother gave me? Three freaking sweets, yeah.

Typing all this had just gave me an urge to say this:

I do not believe in Gods.
I only believe... in myself!

Okay, back to blogging about the day.

Oh, and when I was lighting those joss sticks, there were two ladies also doing the same. They were chatting about divination stuff using qian (wooden sticks with writing on it, placed in a brass can and shaken, according to Wikipedia), and how they wanted to use it to find out about their love life, haha. That made me felt rather curious as well, so I got one for myself as well and thought of giving my so-called "love life" a check as well. XD

I got number sixteen (16). Two (2) less than my birthdate (the 18th), twenty (20) less than my favorite number, thirty-six (36). What the hell am I doing this for, anyway? We're not doing numerology here...

Anyway, here is what it says. Reading the Chinese part gives me a headache. I'm so glad that there is English. ^_^"

愁眉思虑渐开时
启出雪霄喜日来
宛如粪泥中块玉
良工一举出尘埃
曰解:
得处无失
捐中有义
小人逆凶
君子顺吉
古人:中王遇兵

Note: I'm such an idiot. I only realized upon typing the third sentence that I can just copy and paste the first sentence into Google, and avoid having to type out everything myself. -.-

A person whose eye brow touch each other, looks like a serious worried man. When the sun shines after the clouds have blown away, the future is bright. Even within dirt, lies a precious jade. A skillful person could retrieve it.
Interpretation: Medium
An evil person beware, if you get this chiam. What is yours, is assured to be yours. Difficult at first, with proper applied skill, success follows.

......



Yup. Sure looks to me like a serious worried man. XD

Lol, I'm not really going to pay much attention to this thing anyway. I cut my own path through fate! XD

Oh, and in Waterloo Street, there was this idiot coated entirely in silver paint and standing there, like a statue, with everyone watching him. I don't know what the hell is this all about, but I can roughly estimate his intelligence. Must be in negative figures. Wonder what would have happened if it rained.



There was a shop near the temple selling Buddhist stuff. I was looking at the statue of the Laughing Buddha outside the shop, and damn, it sure brings back memories.



(Sorry, didn't know that that stupid signboard is reflective of light. Maybe I shouldn't have used flash...)

I remembered when I was a kid, my mother used to force me, by grabbing my hand, to touch its belly thoroughly and stuff my hand into its mouth. I don't know, just how the hell would you like it if someone touches your belly thoroughly and forcefully stuff his or her hand into your month?

Seems as if nothing much has changed since these five years or so, during which I have not visited here before, not even once. People are still going up to it and touching its tummy thoroughly and stuffing their hands into its mouth. I don't care what you do to it, just get the fucking way out of my camera. -.-

Because my mother wanted to, we went into the shop. Lots of the statues of Buddha there have the swastika "卍" on their chests. Every time I see one of them, it makes me have the urge to shout "Bankai!". I know I'm such a Bleach-addict. (In Bleach, bankai is the second and final released form of a zanpakutou, and its kanji is written as "卍解")

I know I'm an asshole, but I'm so defiant that I just simply cannot refrain from not doing this:





^_^ And haha, reminds me of the History field trip, when Yoshida and I were taking photos of that signboard that says "Use of camera & video cameras is NOT ALLOWED in the battle box. Thank you.". XD

I also saw mobile phone charms there, each depicting one of the twelve Chinese zodiac animals. And the animal inside can spin like a compass needle, haha, which was what interested me. ^_^ I bought one for horse (duh, since my Chinese zodiac is horse after all). :D



(Also featuring my beautiful handphone wallpaper of Syaoran and Sakura :D)

We next went to Fu Lu Shou Complex. On the way, both of us bought a pair of sunglasses each for $12, haha. I thought I should buy one, haha, so I can wear next time I grow my facial hair again and compare it to Harima's. XD (Oh, and I forgot to mention, but I shaved it. D: I'm NOT going out with facial hair like that, lmao XD)

On the way there, I also notice this.



Note that at the bottom-left corner, it says "WATER SAVING", right? Yeah, sure. Saves water to leave the tap on. *rolls eyes*

Went to Fu Lu Shou Complex next. My mother and relative were spending a long time inside a certain beads shop, so guess what I was doing outside to entertain myself? Taking photos with my new sunglasses. XD



I look cool, don't I?

XD

Of course, not like they would be done so fast, so I took a few more pictures in boredom. XD



I look down upon you, mortals! Mwahahaha!



We went to Bugis Junction next. Just can't help but continuously making fun of my mother's pronunciation of "BOO-GIG" instead of Bugis. XD

Looking at the fountain there, ah, sure brings back memories. I remember that I used to jump into the fountain and play with the water there when I was a kid. XD Now there's another kid playing in my place, haha. XD



Man, the toilets there are really freaking weird. One small room, with six urinals, two urinals at each wall. What the hell, man? ^_^" I could only take a photo of four urinals, since if I tried to go any further back, I would have banged my back against the door of the cubicle. XD Oh, and I feel fucking embarrassed taking a photo in the toilet.



Went to Books Kinokuniya at third floor to have a look at the manga there. Whoa, holy fucking shit! They have a huge collection there! And rather cheap as well! I bought the Taiwanese version (no patience to wait for the Singaporean version to come out, and besides, I need to read manga to kill boredom. The two of them took their own sweet time doing their own shopping, and when I want to stop to look at something, they ran ahead and pang seh me. -.-) of Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE chapter 21. Syaoran looks so cool in armour, haha. Though I think having Mokona there ruins the picture. -.-



We later went to the toy shop at the fourth floor. Holy shit, they got such a huge train track! O______O Makes me wanna buy it, lmao. XD



We went back to Tampines taking a bus. Air-con was so cooling and refreshing, so I took a photo of it in gratitude. :)



We later had dinner at McDonald's. Mt. French fries!! :DDDD



When we reached home, I played Soul Calibur III with my relative, haha. I guess I'm rather good at using Kilik, haha. Desperate to win, she was mashing the buttons on my controller so hard that to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if my controller ended up smashed into pieces. In the end, I guess I still win.



We also took a few pictures of ourselves after the game, haha.



Oops, I forgot that I was wearing my spectacles. :x (How do you expect me to play Soul Calibur III if I can't see because I wasn't wearing my specs? -.-)



Me no get why camera is so blurry. D:



And a photo of us wearing sunglasses. XD



That photo just now was her wearing her new one. This one is of her wearing her newly bought one. XD



My mother took my sunglasses and told me to take a photo of her too. Whatever.

No comments: