Thursday, August 30, 2007

Boring Banquet

I gotta admit, I'm rather impressed myself. In less than two days after starting a new game of Final Fantasy VIII, I'm now on disc two. Though I gotta admit, I'm undertrained and underleveled. After the third Laguna dream at the beginning of disc two, Squall is only level 15, lol... Oh well, it's a good thing the strength of the enemies in FF8 are scaled according to Squall's strength. Wonder if I can hit disc three two days later? XD Nah, I doubt it, lol.

I went to a boring banquet just now, for the Hungry Ghost Festival. Gotta admit, not only is it boring, it's damn noisy as well.

There's a guy standing at the entrance greeting whoever comes. I must admit, I myself got pretty much intimidated by that guy's appearance. Offensive red bushy hair, though no one would probably even take offense, because he's wearing a vest that reveals his chest muscles and arm muscles, and I gotta admit, no one would be brave enough to stand up against him after seeing those well-honed muscles. To add to the image of intimidation further, he's got a picture of a middle finger with three skull rings on the other fingers behind his back. I believe he alone is enough to make a whole entire army flee in terror. -_-

About halfway through the banquet, I got bored of boredom (I hope this phrase makes sense?) and the noisiness and decided to walk around. Since the banquet was held in Eunos, about five minutes' walk away from my school from a long time ago (eight years to be exact. Blimey, it was that long?), I decided to walk there and take a look at my old school, lol.

So I went back to Eunos Primary School. Well, went outside it, to be more detailed. It's nighttime and obviously the school is closed, lol. I had a look around, and cor blimey, I almost could not recognize it, lol. The school got renovated after I left after finishing Primary 2 there, so as I looked and looked at the school, I could not find any old memories there.

That got me thinking. My current school is going to get renovated too, right? Maybe ten years down the road, I come back, walked around the outside, looking for memories of my secondary school life... Would I still find the memories back? After all, the school is probably going to finish renovation ten years later, into a new school I have zero memories of. Would I be staring at the new school, with the same name as the school I went, but with completely none memory of it, as if I'm staring at a school which I have never attended before?

Sigh, I'm thinking too much into it, lmao.

No comments: