Friday, August 31, 2007

Teacher's Day, bleh.

Lol, today is a long and event-filled day. Now let me slowly blog as I relaxedly drink a cup of coffee (*someone shouts: "The heck?! You don't even have a cup of coffee!!"*) and, yeah, what else should I do? Ah, heck.

And oi, I DO have a damn cup of coffee.



Okay, maybe I don't. All I did was take a picture of my table, get an image of a cup of coffee from Google Image Search and sloppily slap the two pictures together. I apologize for misleading you. O.O

Okay, enough of the nonsense. Let's begin the bloggin'!

By the way, tomorrow is officially Teacher's Day, not today, but who the heck celebrates Teacher's Day on a Saturday when all the schools are closed? So obviously, common sense, we are celebrating Teacher's Day one day early.

And that, and that alone, is the source of all commotion today. And I must admit, today is NOT an ordinary Teacher's Day. I repeat, NOT an ordinary Teacher's Day. Why? Read on and find out yourself!

And this eventful day begins with boring school. Boring school, naturally and obviously, have boring stuff. And the boring stuff begins with a boring game of guessing. They put up one bunch of photos of the childhoods of various teachers and expect us to guess which teacher is which. -.- I can't tell the purpose or significance of the game, but if our aim is to kill time, I think they failed. I mean, looking at photos of our teachers when they were babies and toddlers? Have you no shame?? O.O Nah, I'm exaggerating. Ignore me. :)

And so, to so-call celebrate Teacher's Day, we got food and we started to eat. Yay? o.O I have no idea why we are eating cakes for Teacher's Day, but, meh, it's alright. I have no idea why Samuel baked one of those two cakes, but meh, it's alright. I have no idea why Samuel wrote on the box of the cake that he did his differentiation, but meh, it's alright. I have no idea why we are singing a song that so obviously has the same tune as the birthday song, but meh, it's alright. I have no idea why they changed the lyrics of the song from a birthday song to a Teacher's Day song, but meh, it's alright. I have no idea why we are clapping while we are singing the song, but meh, it's alright. I have no idea why we are even singing a song, but meh, it's alright. I have no idea why I kept saying "I have no idea why... ..., but meh, it's alright.", but meh, it's alright.

Damn, there's too many things I have no idea about. There are so many questions I have for this world... But WAIT! I have a quote here!! Let me find it...

"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever."
- Chinese Proverb


Don't ask me about he who asks a bunch of freaking questions but did not get any answers.

Next is some ridiculously stupid game, and you guess correctly, another stupid guessing game. This time, we have people up in front waving their hands and arms and legs and toes and fingers and heads and $#@% () trying to convey a word or message to everyone else. Gee, that's sure fun, huh? Pains me how lame we are becoming in celebrating Teacher's Day.

I still remember. When I was Primary 4, I remember Teacher's Day to be a fun-filled day where we had to waste money on the day before to get expensive stuff to give to teachers (yeah, I still remember Yujun bought a golden pen and showed off -.-), then go to a concert where students perform for teacher. Now, six years later, Secondary 4? We get together to eat and play silly guessing games. People say that we get more mature as we age. I finally found an exception to this "law".

I think Teacher's Day is no longer a day to credit the hard work and effort put in by other teachers to ensure the best for our futures, but merely a day where no work must be done but yet we must still do something to kill time.

So sooner or later, we (we as in Yoshida, Vernon and I by the way) got bored of guessing (then again, we didn't participate much. It's just the same people over and over again. Yawn...), so Vernon took out his deck of poker cards and we started a game of Big Two, with me calling Faizal over. Soon, Wei Sheng came over, and we played a game of Big Two with five players. If this is how we spend our Teacher's Day then so be it. -.-

And we get dismissed, yay. Before I started wondering on the purposes of us bringing bags to school when it seemingly served zero purpose, let's go on to the "main event" of the day.

I agreed to meet up with Hong Wei and go back to Yumin Primary School together. To complicate matters further, he has to get two more of his classmates. Apparently, one of them also studied in Yumin Primary School, though I don't think I ever meet him before. The other, a gal, studied in the "neighbour school" of Chongzheng Primary School and somehow just tags along.

Well, to be honest, I wasn't really interested in the idea of visiting my old school with two complete strangers, so after a long chat, I managed to convince Hong Wei, and Hong Wei in turn managed to convince the two of them, that we visit our respective primary schools separately.

So that's how it is. Hong Wei got the two of them to eat first, while we used the excuse of wanting to buy a Teacher's Day present first. I called it an excuse because we could have bought the present AFTER lunch, hehheh. :P So we went to buy a present. Walked past a stationary shop, and I was thinking, "Why not just buy one cheap red pen (come on, which teacher doesn't need a red pen?), box it up nicely, package it up nicely, and give it to the teacher?" Not a bad idea, man. It goes well with my budget. :)

So we looked at the red pens, and found one cheap one for fifty cents. XD Want to buy it and package it up, but the shopkeeper tell us to just directly buy the red pens at the back, packaged up nicely to give to teacher. Wow, that's what I call a mind for business. XD But then, aiyo, package four pens together sell for $1.50. Out of budget liao! X( But then, still no choice lah, some more already prepared can just directly give, so buy lor.

So after that, we're supposed to have lunch, but I'm afraid Hong Wei's friends would still be eating, so I got him to call them first, asking them to leave for their primary schools first, and we'll go there after we are done eating and meet up with them. But then, they need to buy presents too, and that's when we noticed each other three metres away... XD Rofl. I shouted, "Busted!", but I think it ended up sounding more like, "Bastard!" X(

So we left them there choosing presents and ran off for lunch. He ate noodles, while I ate chicken chop. Halfway, those two came back again, and for some reason, sat down there and decided to wait for us to finish. Dot dot dot, lol... Well, gotta admit, those two are not bad, lol. Much better than I expected. Damn, I really oughta be a little bit more trusting strangers. Can't be an anti-social pessimist forever... :P

For some freaked out reason, Hong Wei chooses to sit at a table surrounded by banglas. -.- Those two noticed it, of course (well heck, you can't expect me not to notice too, especially since I'm racist -.-), and I think the guy (his name's Kenneth. Yeah, I know, I have another Kenneth in my current class too. The tall Kenneth. But this Kenneth is rather short, 150cm... Don't worry though, I don't think he's that short. I mean, after all, I hang around with Ephraim, so my definition of "short" kinda got screwed up -.-) is racist too, because he asks, "Hey, I think we sitting at wrong place ah. How come like dark dark like that?" XD Felt like I was eating dinner, lmao (the surrounding's black, so I "assumed" that it's nighttime and we're eating dinner. Get the joke? :P).

Soon enough, we are done, and we went to a bus stop to wait. Waited for a while, we got bored and decided to walk. And while walking, the bus we wanted to take drove past us. -.-

It is while approaching the back gate of the two schools that we separated. Us three guys, belonging to Yumin Primary School (wait, hang on. USED TO. :P), decided to walk towards the back gate, while the girl went one big round to the front gate of Chongzheng Primary School. I was SMSing with Sakura, and she told me that the gates of Yumin Primary was locked, the teachers gone. Since we were there already, might as well have a look around, right? So I SMSed her back, "Climb the gate lor." And guess what??



I'd like to inform you guys that this photograph was taken from inside the school compound. In other words, I climbed in BEFORE them. :D And oh, I MMSed the picture to Sakura, saying, "CLIMB THE GATE!!" XD

And so we looked around. Not a single soul. All the gates, doors, staircases, etc. to the second floor are locked. So are the staff room and general office, locked. That's the welcome we get for returning back to our primary school after leaving it for four years. Tch. I wanted to explore around, to regain back some memories (I have almost memories of every single little location there. Played Ice&Water so much that there's no place in school I have no idea about, lol :P), but Hong Wei just has to go to the toilet. -.- Of course, the toilet is locked as well, so we have no choice but to sneak into Chongzheng Primary School for their toilet...

And so we did that, and I wanted to look around. Blimey. It's a different school from ours, but the freaking layout is EXACTLY the same! EXACTLY! Damn it, it's like... yeah, Chrono Cross. Home World and Another World. Both worlds look exactly the same, but of course with major intentional differences (like it is purposely that the Viper Manor in Home World is destroyed, while the Viper Manor in Another World is still there, intact), but every single little detail, the rock, the trees, all of them look EXACTLY the same. But yet, it just looks so different... You can tell the difference awfully easily, like the people wandering around. Like for example, in Chrono Cross, the two Leenas in two Arni Villages. They look the same, but they have different attitudes with Serge, right? (Well, can't blame her. After all, Serge died ten years ago in Another World -.-) So, it's sorta like that, lol. Can't really explain it in words. Meh.

Since we didn't belong in that school, we left pretty soon after. I was sort of amazed to see signboards of Jonathan and Wenjia outside the school, lol. Of course, I took a photo. :P



I'm going to laugh at them about it when they come online on MSN. XD

And the guards at Yumin Primary told us the teachers would be back at 6pm. So I was like, "We 6pm come back ah. Ho seh boh?" and left. Though I admit, I wasn't intending to return at 6pm at that time when I said that. XD

So anyway, Hong Wei and I have nothing much to do anyway, so why not just go into Chongzheng Primary School and have a look around? After all, they don't have proof that we are not former Chongzheng Primary students, and either so, with the huge crowd of former students flooding in, who would blame them?

Turns out former students returning have to write their names and ICs at the security post. -.- Obviously, we wrote fake names, lol. I pulled some name out of thin air: Lim Chong Teck. Rofl. Don't know why Lim, lol, especially since Hong Wei's surname is Lim too... XD That guy, no creativity, just swap his name around. So he wrote: Lim Wei Hong. The heck? XD

Remember Hong Wei's female classmate who used to study in Chongzheng Primary. She's there too, and she saw us walking into her former school, rofl, so she's all shouting at the guards, "They are not from this school! They are not from this school!" We just marched in. :P

Nothing much to explore. Guards here guards there guards everywhere. Pesky. -.- I'm used to running past them and ignoring them. Gotta admit, all thanks to the bangla guard at my school. Shouting and shouting and shouting whole day, he got me all used to shouting pesky guards. -.- But alas, Hong Wei, sigh... He's sort of afraid of those guards, lol. Didn't want to run past them, didn't want to ignore their shouting. Worse, he'd hesitate when a guard shouts at us. Remember what Zangetsu from Bleach said? "Hesitate, and you will die"! :O So we are all fated to just stay in the canteen and look for ways we can sneak in without alerting the guards (though obviously, I think I'm the only one doing the latter :P). A while later, we got shooed off. Think it's because the kids in Chongzheng are being released from school. -.-

On the way out, I saw one guy I find very familiar, lol. Turns out he's also from Ngee Ann Sec, but he's in 4R1. No wonder it was like, "Hey, I swear I've seen the punk before, I just can't remember where". XD So I approached him, yeah, he's from 4R1, lol. I don't even know his name, yet he knows my name. X(

So, it was only 2pm then, yet we have nothing to do. We decided, after a long time, to just go and play basketball, so we began walking towards my house. While walking, he told me of a manga shop at Block 201 near 7-Eleven, but there's two 7-Elevens at Block 201, lol. So we went to one of them, and he told me it's the other. -.- But it's not along the way, so we headed to my house instead. But yet, it's still early, the Sun is still scorching hot, so we did some indoor activity first before going.

We first played Pokémon cards, lmao. I used my Grass deck while he used my Fire deck. I was winning at first, but he turned the tables around and thrashed me. T_T Next, we watched Bleach episode 138 online. Gotta admit, the episode is not bad, lol. But then again, after... *counts* ten episodes of fillers, any non-fillers would be not bad. -.- Luppi's voice was unexpected, lol. Maybe because he looked too much like a girl, I was sort of surprised to hear a guy's voice coming out of his mouth. XD Looking forward to Ichigo and Grimmjow's second fight on anime, lol. Getsuga Tenshou-spamming Ichigo... :P

Next, we played Chess Titans on my computer, lol. It ended in a stalemate, my carelessness. He's left with only a King, while I still have a Queen, a Rook and a Bishop, yet I got confident and started moving anyhow, resulting in a stalemate. -.-

We finally went to play basketball. Had a few practice shots first, I was trying out three-pointers, lol. There were also two guys with us at that half of the court we are using, one a red-wearing guy, and the other a small and young guy. Later, we got bored and challenged them to a match. Gotta admit, despite appearances, they ARE good, lol. The small guy's especially good at snatching the ball. We got thrashed thoroughly, lol. Well, not really thoroughly. It was like, 2-10, lmao. Then Hong Wei didn't want to lose that badly, while I, on the other hand, wanted it to just end quickly. So Hong Wei got in two shots, and I one for fun, so the score was 5-10. Then they finally did the finishing shot, 5-11, game set, we lost. Good game. XD

We went to the convenience shop and bought a 1.5 litre bottle of H2O to share among ourselves. After drinking for a while, we went back and did a few practice shots again. Out of so many three-pointers I tried to shoot, I only managed to get in one, rofl, and I admit back then, it was purely tyco. XD I got bored pretty soon [if you still can't tell, then let me tell you this: You are an idiot. Wait, hang on, the heck? I meant to tell you this: I've got a short attention span. :)], so I challenged Hong Wei to one-on-one HORSE, lol. I somehow won, lol, with me at R and Hong Wei at E. I was irritating him, shooting from under the hoop. XD

There was another team of three playing HORSE at the same half-court as us too. There's one handsome-looking Chinese guy, he seems to be quite good at basketball and knows a few tricks up his sleeve. There's a second Chinese guy, doesn't really look like a Chinese guy though, but yeah, I heard him converse with the first guy in Chinese. The third guy, bangla, don't know how to play basketball. I mentally questioned his purpose in wasting the space of the basketball court by occupying it.

Again, I got bored soon after and challenged the team of three to a match, but of course, we can't be outnumbered, so I got the small guy whom we played against just now to join now, who was then at the other half of the court. Three-on-three, lol. The game was extremely well, haha. Hong Wei is most of the time standing outside, while I'm most of the time standing inside. Hong Wei just receive the ball, try to shoot, and when he miss, I catch it from under the hoop, shoot and score. XD Sometimes our small ally will stay under the hoop with me too, lol. Two people catching it is better than one after all. Sometimes he would be staying out, especially when both of us were heavily marked (can't be blamed. We are quite tall, eh? XD), so he gets to shoot for free. XD The game was ending 10-3, and I can tell, the other team is getting unhappy, lol. The handsome-looking Chinese guy got injured when our small ally accidentally whack his face with the basketball (at least that's what I believe what happened. Blame Vernon to SMS me exactly when a foul was committed -.-), so his spectacles scratched him a bit. And oh, the bangla guy, totally useless. He sucks at passing, he sucks at dribbling, he sucks at shooting, he sucks at marking, he sucks at catching the ball, he sucks at running, he sucks at snatching the ball, the only thing he is good at is giving us possession of the ball. -.- Not that I'm racist, but yeah, that guy really sucks, so it was like 3-on-2 to begin with. Heck, lol. So game was ending 10-3, right? Since we got most of the balls in from under the hoop (their defense are kinda sucky), I passed the ball to Hong Wei, and telling him, with the intention of mocking the opponents, "The last shot must be shoot from a three-pointer!" Then he runs up, and I shout at him, "THREE-POINTER!" XD So he walked a few steps backwards, to the three-pointer line, and shot, and damn, he really got it in. XD I think my opponents are wetting their pants, lmao. So I said, "Good game, guys, good game." when the two of us left. They didn't bother to reply. Rofl! XD

Hong Wei's spectacles got bent while playing basketball, so we went to Tampines Mart to get it fixed. After that, we went back to Yumin Primary School. On the way, we walked past the other 7-Eleven, and reminded of the manga shop which Hong Wei mentioned earlier today, I asked him where it is, and he brought me there, to which I have no idea of its existence, lol, and we went and looked around. Whoohooo, Bleach volume 29 is out. I obviously bought it. :D

Quincy ownage. Ishida pwns so much with Seele Schneider. I'm beginning to like the Arrancar No. 103, the one who Ichigo fought, lol. He valiantly sacrificed himself for Ichigo... So touched... T_T

We went back to Yumin Primary at 6.30am. Not a single ghost in sight while we hanged around the front gate. Hey, it's April Fool so fast? ...Pesky guards.

We decided to went home afterwards. Phew, end of blogging. 12:43am now, don't mind me, I need sleep... XD

No comments: