Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Day at the Neighbour's

Rofl! I just realized that in Bleach, Rukia and Byakuya's family names, Kuchiki (朽木), means "rotten wood or tree; a hopeless case; a good-for-nothing". XD Rofl! Some noble family this is! XD

Was wanting to spend the last day of my period of four school-less days on academical revision, but ... ... ...screw it, and before I realize it, I grabbed my deck and went downstairs to my neighbour's house to play Yu-Gi-Oh! with them... XD

That was my first time playing Yu-Gi-Oh! with them, lol, and I gotta admit, their decks aren't really good. Then again, most good Yu-Gi-Oh! decks use the same cards over and over again, lol... One of them put all three God cards into his deck, rofl, but the problem is, he could never find three monsters on his field to sacrifice to summon one of the three God cards, because I'll always smash and destroy whatever monster on the next turn it is summoned. XD After a while, I temporarily lent him my Monster Reborn, and in return, I decided to temporarily borrow his Obelisk the Tormentor, my favorite God card. XD

Man, Obelisk the Tormentor is good, lol. I suck using Slifer the Sky Dragon, because most of the time, I only have one or two cards in my hand, rofl, so any Tom, Dick or Harry's monsters can destroy it. XD I never use Winged Dragon of Ra before, but I find it complicated and troublesome to calculate and keep track of its Attack and Defence, especially since they can constantly change, lol. Obelisk the Tormentor is my favorite. Fixed attack of 4000, and its special attack of sacrificing two monsters on my side of the field to destroy all of the monsters on the opponent's field and deal 4000 direct damage. Combined with Scapegoat, I think I got the game in the bag. XD

I got bored playing Yu-Gi-Oh! soon, since I kept pwning them, lol, so I challenged them to a 1-on-2 battle. I hate it how they take their bloody own sweet time during their turns, slowly deciding which monster to summon or to attack. Zzz... -.- And one of them keeps forgetting to draw his cards, so on his turn, he'd summon a monster, play a Magic card, then says, "Oops, I forgot to draw a card." and draws. -__- Worse, sometimes, he drew before making any moves, then he played a few cards, and then can still tell us that he forgot to draw his card and continue to draw another one. -_______-

Next, we played UNO Attack, but it was spoiled, lol, the machine. No matter how many times we pressed the button, no cards would shoot out, so we went and play it like the normal game instead, making modifications to those cards that specify pressing the button a number of times to drawing a similar number of cards. XD

After that, we played Monopoly. I was buying whatever property I can afford, and so was the older brother of my two neighbours, while the younger one chooses to save all of his money for who-knows-what reason. But unfortunately, both I and the younger brother were unlucky, we kept landing on the older brother's hotels, so we kept forking out money, forking out so much that both of us owe the bank two thousand dollars plus, and I still have to sell my property, and the game ended with our money being negative two thousand each, with not a single property, while he ended with ten thousand bucks and a bunch of hotels. -.- With more money coming from us visiting his hotels, he built more and more hotels, and thus we ended up in more and more of his hotels. The rich keeps getting richer and the poor keeps getting poorer. It's no wonder why the people of Russians a hundred years ago wanted a communist system, to distribute the wealth evenly, lol. But can you imagine playing a communist-version of Monopoly? Even if anyone visits a house or hotel, he or she doesn't need to pay anything, because the property belongs to the state, belongs to the people, belongs to him or her! But then, what's the freaking point in playing? Walk all around the board, pass Go, collect two hundred bucks, and then distribute the two hundred bucks with your fellow players? XD

And after that, we went to play a board game that I have never heard before, called "Break the Safe". I don't get much of the game, as I was lazy to read the manual, lol, but it's something like to walk around the board, looking for keys while avoiding a guard and a dog, then using the keys to open the safe in the middle, all while under a time limit. I like the game having a time limit, lol, we were all rushing and shouting and hurrying, not wasting a single minute. :D

They had to go out after that, so I went off back home. :3

No comments: