Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Completion of Final Fantasy XII

Take this man, I completed yet another RPG: Final Fantasy XII. Okay, this time I went in completely prepared. Set my Gambits like hell, lol. Vaan spams Hastega, Ashe spams Protectga and Shellga, and Basch Dispelga anyone with Haste, Bravery and/or Faith. And not to forget, all three have Arise to automatically revive fallen pals, Ashe has Cura (which is more than enough to heal everyone's HP), Basch has Curaja and Vaan has Renew (those two need more advanced White Magic, as I equipped them with warriors' equipment, so their magic naturally sucks).

Gabranth is easy, of course. Vaan and Ashe buffs, Basch Dispelga, then Vaan and Basch hack-and-slash while Ashe spams Expose or Shear (one reduces enemy's defense, the other reduces enemy's magic defense. I forgot which is which. :P Ashe spams the one which reduces defense by the way). Easy enough.

Same thing with Vayne, but the process goes faster, as I have Larsa by Vaan and Basch's sides, hacking-and-slashing.

Vayne Novus comes next. I had Vaan and Basch running around dispatching the Sephira first, while Ashe runs out and buffs or cures. Of course, I have no idea what Gabranth is doing, as my characters are on constant movement (for that I blame the five Sephira, flying around like shit -.-), but I like to assume that he is slowly but steadily hacking down Vayne's HP as my three characters are busily running about. After all that is done, we surround Vayne and hack-and-slash him to death. Mwahaha.

And the final boss: The Undying. :O Same strategy, buff, then heck-and-slash. His spells do a lot less damage with Shellga, and Dispelga is no big deal, we can just Hastega, Protectga and Shellga back. :D I just don't like his ability to make himself immune to physical and magical attacks. Annoying. -_-

The ending is lame though. FFIX and FFX-2 still have the best endings.

...Well, maybe that's because the main characters of both games hug each other during both endings. XD





Oh well, FFXII was never a RPG with romance. Now, on to completing FFVIII!

No comments: