Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Instead of revising for my Physics Preliminary Paper (or otherwise known as teh PPP XD) 1 tomorrow, or my Geography Preliminary Paper 2 two days later, I'm spending my weekend (the weekend in the middle of a period of preliminaries papers, one after another by the way XD) watching a new anime named The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, lol.

Wanted to watch the anime a long time ago, since I was browsing a forum and saw a user with a sig of characters from that anime, the girls look so cute XD, but I didn't know what anime was that, so I didn't know how to watch it, lol. Then, two days ago, while on a MSN conversation with Yuchi, I asked him what animes he watch, and he told me he watches The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. So I checked it up on Wikipedia, bingo! It IS the anime I'm looking for, lol. Without further ado (well, actually, WITH further ado. I only started watching yesterday morning, after playing basketball with Hong Wei XD), I went to watch the anime, lol.

Gotta admit, that anime is wacky. A God, an alien, a time traveler and an esper, with a completely ordinary human stuck inbetween. Rofl. XD A pity the series only had fourteen episodes, lol, in which I had already watched twelve. XD

Another thing which confused me is the ordering of the episodes. The episodes were numbered according to storyline (hereby known as "chronological order", but of course, that phrase is too long, so I shall refer to it as "chr ord" XD), but they were broadcasted in another order for another reason (hereby known as "broadcast order, or "BO" in short XD). According to Yuchi, the BO is because it "makes the ending stronger" (don't you mean "better" there, Yuch?). Of course, I see no reason why watching episodes in a random (well, not really so "random") and weird order gives a better ending. One might as well go and watch the Straw Hats rescuing Robin in the Enies Lobby arc first before going back to watch the Straw Hats fight against Robin in the Arabasta arc in One Piece for a better ending, or go and watch Ichigo fighting Grimmjow wearing his Vizard mask (second or third battle, either one will do) before going back to watch Ichigo fight against his Inner Hollow while trying to master his Hollowification in Bleach. *rolls eyes*

So yeah, I went to watch the episodes in chr ord. Seems as if the first six episodes are the "main storyline", and the rest of them "anime fillers". :S Of course, I doubt they really are anime fillers, but they seem to just be there to extend the number of episodes, lol. Now I see why they mess up the order, to separate up the first six equally among the fourteen, although that's weird, since the chr ord follows the timing of the storyline, why does all of the "anime fillers"-like content happen AFTER the main storyline instead of inbetween? Who knows, lol?

Just wanna share some funny quotes from episode 11 BO or 13 chr ord.

Kyon: "I relax and kill time in the company of a time traveler, an alien, and a esper... and yet I've managed to hold onto my sanity. I must be someone special. Maybe I'll be scouted for arhathood."

Mikuru: Sorry for the wait. I bought this Karigane for the first time. I think I was able to brew it well...
Kyon: *thinking* Do not worry. If it's been graced by Asahina-san's hands... even tap water would taste better than thawing Alps snow!

Kyon: What do you need?
Computer Society President: First, I'd like you to take this. You'll find game software inside. It's an original we developed. We published it at the cultural festival a while back. Did you happen to see it?
Kyon: I don't remember. The only memory I want to retain from the cultural festival... would be Asahina-san's fried soba cafe costume.

XD

And oh, Asahina Mikuru-chan is sooooo kawaii... XD

And by the way, I realized that, after downloading about sixty chapters of School Rumble manga yesterday, the rate at which videos on Veoh start to load a lot slower. I thought it was the wireless connection case, in which I moved my laptop from my bedroom to the dining room, which is closer to the wireless router, but not much change in speed. I went to delete the temporary files, holding all of the School Rumble manga I downloaded, went to Disk Cleanup and stuff, and damn, the videos started loading A LOT faster!

So if you find that videos on sites like YouTube and Veoh are loading very very slowly, run Disk Cleanup, and delete your Temporarily Internet Files!

And I just realized something. You know in Asterisk, the first opening in Bleach, the part of Orihime and Tatsuki spraying on the screen, then showing the credits of Asterisk, right?







Look at the letters behind at the wall. The big letters spell "KON", right? I thought it was just a reference to our dear Kon-sama.


Yo! How're you maggots doin'!?

But then I realized, HOLY SHIT! There is a picture of Kon painted on the wall above the words! First time I noticed that, lmao!

No comments: