Thursday, August 09, 2007

Happy National Day! :D

Happy National Day!! :D

42 years ago, Singapore left the Federation of Malaysia and thus gained independence as an island state, lol, though as a kid, I somehow used to forget about the merger with Malaysia, and think that Singapore immediately gained independence after World War II, when Japan lost. Well, can't blame me, the second atomic bomb was dropped (on Nagasaki? Or Hiroshima? Can't tell which is first and which second, haha) on 10th August if I'm not mistaken, so it's natural that young me gets all confused and mixed up, haha.

There's someone near my house who would sometimes set up a wireless connection. I have no idea who he is, but I'm grateful to him, lol, as he provides me the only way to access the Net while at home. Somehow, both my Broadband connection and my Dial-Up connection fuck up and could not connect (I believe that the fault of my Broadband connection lies over at the ISP's side, rather than my side. Sigh, I seriously feel like changing ISP...), and often, the wireless networks people set up would be secured, and so obviously I could not connect. Sigh... So I'm really grateful to the guy for having an unsecured wireless network, lol. Well, it's sad he didn't keep it online 24-7, so half of the time I'm stuck offline with hardly anything to do, but oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Nevertheless, I'm grateful to him, although it would be great if he can keep his network on for longer periods of time... :P

I went to McDonald's to not only eat, but also test the wireless capability. Not bad there, although you require registration. -.- Worse, the registration requires private stuff, like IC number, address, mobile phone number and e-mail. D: Doesn't anyone's privacy matters any more? And yeah, the speed does seem kinda slow. I tried downloading Alones, the sixth opening of Bleach (the one I have is way too soft), and it downloads at 30kb/s, but hey, after experiencing a pathetic Internet speed of 200b/s, who the heck am I to complain? XD

Watched the NDP (National Day Parade). Not bad, lol.

At the beginning, there are people marching while carrying the Singapore flag. It's hung on a pole, with the end a sharp speartip of metal. Damn, what an honour if one were to go to war carrying that as a weapon, rofl. Heck, the way I describe it sucks, lol. A picture is worth a thousand words, so might as well. I have nothing else to do offline anyway. Well, hardly anything. :P



Wow, looks wicked, lol, I want a weapon like that. XD Couldn't be bothered shading the flag, lol, I got lazy. :P

Sometime during the parade, we have the President standing on a car while it is driven around the crowds, the President waving and waving at the people. There's a guy standing behind the President, holding a sword. I was thinking, if the President is a corrupt one, if there is some sort of a resistant bent on overthrowing the President, and if the guy with the sword is in the resistant... That'd make the President being extremely easy to assassinate, lol. He has the sword, he's standing BEHIND the President... But heck, I'd wish him good luck in getting out, lol, with almost the whole nation watching it on TV... XD Hey, why am I thinking of such shit anyway? XD

The NDP announcers stated that one has to be at least 1.75m to march at the NDP parade carrying the flag. I pity Ephraim... XD

There is a helicopter seen outside my window, and my parents rushed outside to look at it. Suaku (means ignorant in Singlish), never see helicopter before. -.- Zzz.

No comments: