Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Eight of Eight

I like today's date. 08-08-07. Next year it would be 08-08-08, and that's even nicer. XD Why is it nice? 'cause in Chinese, the word "eight" (八) sounds like the word 发 (发财 means to get rich), so it's nice! :D

Had to go back to school today to celebrate National Day, lol. I'm supposed to wear red to school, but heck, I can't find any red clothes in my wardrobe. There are a few clothes with red stripes here and there, including my class jersey, lol, and my only T-shirt with the most red is the one I bought for Chinese New Year. At the front, the bottom half is red, while the top half and the back are all entirely blue. -.- And that's the only clothing I have that has the most element of red. Screw it, I'm wearing my school uniform. XD

Somehow, I seem to think that those who wouldn't wear red would somehow be outcasted like last time, during freaking Racial Harmony Day, so I started counting how many people is wearing the school uniform, lol. There were seven guys who didn't wear red, me, Vernon, Wei Sheng, Alvin, Kenneth, Luke and, ack, who's the last one...? Okay, can't remember who is lucky seventh. Sucks to be him, he didn't create too much of an impression for me to notice and remember. I gotta admit, it's lucky we didn't get outcasted, haha.

Because we are celebrating National Day today, morning assembly is a little different than usual today. They have four people carrying the flag while marching towards the flag poles, while the band plays some marching music. During that time, we saw some guy with a quite a long camera (probably for zooming in functions) standing on the top of the art room, at the second floor, taking photos of the four people carrying the flag, probably for the school magazine or some other shit like that. The march music just reminds me of Final Fantasy VIII, when the Sorceress marches through the city of... what's its name? All I can remember is that the city's name starts with D, yeah. Yeah, the Sorceress marches, marching music plays, then Squall and Irvine attempt to assassinate her by sniping her on top of a building. Get it? XD I pointed that out to Vernon and Yoshida, lol. Someone's trying to assassinate the flag bearers! (We have no idea imagining that guy's long camera to be a rifle, but if you do, screw you.)

Went to the hall for a performance. The performance's interesting, yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Can't remember much more detail, so... yeah. Yeah. I'll have to say the best performance is the first one, by band, though the first song they played sounds way too much like a battle theme Final Fantasy would have. And Vernon agrees with me. Damn, it sucks listening to battle themes and simply be just sitting down there. I want to run around and swing my sword. XD

Then it was free for us to go anywhere, but we have to go to the quadrangle 30 minutes later to witness the opening of Fiesta. Zzz... Yoshida, Ephraim, Vernon and I went to the library to while time away, but Yoshida and Ephraim went off somewhere later, leaving Vernon and I behind. The two of us left the library at 10am for the quadrangle. We walked around the canteen initially, then went up to the hall to look at the Singapore flag of balloons. Then we went out of the canteen and stood at the corridor facing the quadrangle. Perfect place to witness the opening, lol. We have shade here against the hot sun. :D

So yeah, the opening. The principal blew some trumpet to announce the start. So the announcer was like, "And now, we shall have the principal declare the start of the FIESTA!" But no sound came out, the principal screwed up, lol. Everyone was laughing damn loudly, and I particularly shouted, "Owned!" After five seconds of fiddling with the horning thing, the principal finally managed to horn the thing. Good job.

Immediately, a band of students started playing. The tune, especially that of the electronic guitar, reminds me of Power of the Horde, lol, so I was expecting some sort of war music, but bleh, the song was a cheery-type. Ruined it.

The two of us stayed there to listen to the band, while actually, we are looking around for girls. XD Everytime we see one, we'd point out to the other. XD When I turned to the right, I saw Yoshida also listening to the band a distance away, so I told Vernon, "Yoshida's probably looking for a next target to kill." Five minutes later, he looked right, and asked, "Eh! Yoshida, you were here?" XD

After a while, we got bored and went to the canteen to look around. I bought two of those sticks filled with juice and frozen, one for me and one for Vernon. But yet, without a pair of scissors, Vernon finds himself unable to open it, lmao. Yet I have no problem using my teeth to bite it off and start drinking. So we decided to go back to class, so I can take my scissors, but yet, the gates at the staircases are locked, lol, but then how are we supposed to go back to class to retrieve my pair of scissors? I told Vernon, "When there's a will, there's a way." XD We went to the back of the classroom block, where the two of us have once climbed up to the staircases using a nearby dustbin. Well, Vernon, his agility lacking, found himself unable to climb up last time, but I did it with ease. It's no different this time. Furthermore, they have two tables lying just a metre away! How convenient for us to use! Thanks! :D Vernon, knowing his own skills, didn't bother to climb up, so he chose to stay there and wait for me. Just after I climbed up, he handed me one of the two ice sticks (I gave him mine to hold for me while I climb up). I thought it was mine, lol, turns out it's Vernon, he wants me to cut it with my scissors, but I thought it's mine, so after I took my scissors, I threw it down at Vernon (obviously, I wasn't stupid to throw it directly at him *cough* Ichigo throwing Rukia at Renji XD *cough*, so I threw it at the grass, hoping it would cushion the drop), but he, with my ice stick, found no use to it. XD So I went back down, and the confusion was finally cleared. XD I couldn't be bothered to go back up to keep the scissors, lol, so I 'added it to my inventory'. XD

Having nothing to do, we decided to head to the 'haunted house'. Some class basically took control of a class and decorated it to be scary, lol. Yet, it's crowded, lol. Apparently, they only allowed a certain number of people in there, hence resulting in the crowd. How bubbish, they weren't that far-sighted, and thus did not bother to do up a queue at the entrance, so everyone just crowds together near the door. -.- It wasn't nice having to wait outside there, lol, especially since we actually paid to enter... -.- $1.50 entrance fee, and we were treated to waiting outside at a crowded place for 25 minutes. -.- Well, before we bought the tickets, Vernon and I saw Ephraim already buying the tickets (with great difficulty, I might add. It's not easy to see that stupid shorty when he's surrounded by much taller people XD). We asked him to help us buy the tickets too, since he's so small he can easily get into the crowd, unlike us. XD He did that, and the three of us had to wait outside the entrance. Furthermore, Ephraim bought two tickets for himself. Lol, who knows why? Yet, after only about ten minutes of waiting, Ephraim got called off for duty. Apparently, he has to guard the balloons in which they are making a flag out of. Zzz, sucks to be Ephraim, lol, he ran off in a rush. So it's only Vernon and I left. I got so bored at waiting I tried making my hairstyle look like Aizen's. XD But lol, I can't get my strand of hair in front to straighten, it keeps insisting on curving. XD

After twenty-five minutes, we got in at last, but yet we went the wrong way, rofl. The room was barricaded by tables into making the paths windy and curvy, and it's all freaking dark, we can see no shit, lol. So we detoured, detoured, and finally got onto the right track. The floor's filled with lightsticks to guide the path, and yet, I just felt like taking one of those lightsticks, lol. They always interest me, but yet, I could never get my hands on one of those, and well, now is a good chance to do so. :P So I bent down, took it, and almost put it into my pocket when someone behind shouted loudly, "Oi! Don't pick up the lightsticks!" I immediately dropped it back onto the floor. XD And when we reached the center of the room, I looked around... Hmmm, nobody there... And there was a lightstick on the table just in front of me. Conveniently within reach, why not? So with a swipe, I took it and pocketed it. Finder keepers, loser weepers. :P There was nothing frightening of it, lol. They have people dressed up as ghosts and witches walking around looking bored, someone sprayed some spiking air at me, Vernon got his leg grabbed, we find bored guys playing handphones at the end, and we left. Damn, if not for the lightstick, I would have thought of it as a waste of time. But hey, I paid one and a half bucks! $1.50 for a lightstick, good bargain for them, ya? And still, someone (forgot who... I think it's either Vernon, Wei Sheng or Faizal) asks me why I didn't take two... XD

Next, we paid a visit to Ephraim at the hall, having to guard those stupid balloons. How come I forgot that I have a pair of scissors with me in my pocket? I could have just went and create some trouble and chaos... Vernon and I then went up to the corridor to take some photos, haha. Sucks though, the top-left hand corner, where the crescent and five stars are, are just made of cloth. Bleh. At least bother to fill that part up too with balloons, lazy asses. -.- Anyway, I took some photos, haha.







Saw someone familiar? Let's zoom in... :P



See? Ephraim's waving! XD Rofl, we wondered whether he is waving at us, or whether he is waving at the camera, lol. We have no idea whether he knows that we are taking a photo of him, haha.



Then, with nothing to do, Vernon and I went to the library. He read Artemis Fowl, and I found a computer which no one used, which I took control of. :P No games in there, no Internet connectivity, zzz. With nothing to do, I opened Paint, drew Zangetsu using the mouse (it turns out nice, lol), and set it as wallpaper. XD At that time, Yuhaimi came along too. Vernon asked me if I could draw Zabimaru, lol, but alas, I can't draw Renji's Zanpakutou. DX I saw Yong Jin hanging around with two of his classmates, so we went along and sat there. One of his classmates has got a newspaper, which I borrowed. After I return it to him, I was told it wasn't his, but some newspaper found on the library table. -.- Oh well, I knew that there was this noob who hijacked a taxi and yet, being so noobish he didn't know how to drive a taxi, crash it into the wall. Pwned, that's his just deserts for being a hijacker. Though I gotta admit, I pity the taxi driver. His taxi crashed into a wall after all. How is he going to earn a living now? D: A while later, Yong Jin and his two friends went off to play a computer in the library, and Yuhaimi came along. The three of us sat together, reading books and newspapers, Yuhaimi getting bored he went to sleep and take a nap... XD Finally, at 12pm, we have to go back to class, so off we go.

Another survey to do. Thankfully, it is optional whether you want to write your name or not, but feeling bored, I once again used the alias of "黑崎一护" (Kurosaki Ichigo, main character of Bleach XD), lol. Bored, I was doing the A. Maths practice prelim paper. XD

Had to go for Chemistry next, zzz. The stupid teacher took so long and dragged the lesson so much I finished the entire History homework. -.- Near the end of the lesson, just when I was going to borrow a staple from Wei Sheng, Kenneth came and found Wei Sheng doing D&T again, so he asks him why he keeps doing D&T during Chemistry. Wei Sheng replied that he gave up, and Kenneth asked, "You can do that?" I asked, "Why not? He's not the only one." Kenneth said, "Who gave up too...? ...You?" I pointed at my table, where my History textbook and finished History paper is. XD Kenneth made a good point, lol, we wasted $40 paying to take Chemistry 'O' level. -.- Oh well.

The stupid Chemistry teacher finally let us go, and Yoshida and I were the first to run off. I asked Yoshida what he is going to do over the period of school-less four days, he told me that he is going to disappear off the face of Earth, go to hell, and plan the destruction of the planet. XD

After school, I went out to get myself a new laptop. Yay. :D While chatting with Vernon in the library at school, I roughly have my expectations of the laptop I want to buy, lol. A tablet PC, 1GB RAM, 100GB disk space, Intel 2 Core Duo processor, etc., etc.

Went to the bank to withdraw money first to buy the laptop. Sigh, my bank got swiped clean. D: The stupid banker called me "boy", and my mood changed immediately. Calling me boy, when I bet that I am at least three times her height? Hmph! What impudence! My father asks what I want the banker to call me instead. Good question... I thought for a while, and came up with three answers. "Your Majesty". "Your Excellency". "Your Honour". XD XD XD

We went to the Courts megastore at the edge of Tampines. Well, they got a wide selection there. I looked around, but couldn't find any Tablet PCs. So I got some guy and asked him. Instead of just freaking show me where the Tablet PCs are, that mother fucker just has to ask me why I need a Tablet PC for. "Why do you need a Tablet PC? Only businessmen use it." Ka ni na bu chao cheebye!! What the fuck is this? Insult me ah, cheebye!? Think I no money buy your filthy Tablet PC ah? Kanina! Fuck you!

Fucking pissed me off, man. It's like you wanting to buy a BMW or a Mercedes, and yet the car dealer goes, "Why do you need a BMW or a Mercedes? No, no, you do not need one! A Honda would suit you!" Or you wanting to buy a PlayStation3, a Xbox 360 or a Wii, and the fucker recommending you a Game Boy Light instead. It's a direct mother-fucking insult, that bitch. Screw him. I was so angry I left immediately. That mother fucker doesn't deserve me spending my money to pay his salary. I left immediately. *spits*

Went to the Courts in Tampines Mall. Small range of choice, lol, couldn't find a Tablet PC. I didn't want to ask again, in case the salesman repeat that question and really invoke my anger (I don't know about you, but I fear that I can put him in hospital), and my father doesn't know how to ask (he can't even pronounce the word 'tablet'), so we left.

Went to Popular Bookstore. Was so annoyed then Iwanted to just buy a manga and go home to read, lol. Pokémon Adventures... still volume 24. One Piece... still volume 45. Bleach... still volume 28... Zzz... Hurry up, damn it.

Went next-door to Century Square. Went to Best Denki. No Tablet PC, zzz. Well, there was only one for sale, but the salesman tells me it sucks, lol, and instead recommend another one to me. It seems to meet all of my expectations, and more, so why not buy it? XD

So I ended up buying a NEC Versa E6300, and I'm quite proud of it now, lol. Here are the specifications:

-Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7100
-Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
-14.1" WXGA SSV TFT
-2GB DDR2 RAM
-120GB HDD 5400RPM
-Integrated DVD Super Multi Double Layer Drive
-Gigabit LAN onboard
-Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
-Integrate Bluetooth V20
-Built in camera
-Integrated 1GB Intel Turbo Memory

Nice? :D Here's a photo! :D

No comments: