Tuesday, July 08, 2008

600th post

Lol, today's blog post is my 600th one. XD

Today's first lesson at school is a WDS tutorial. We were given our WDS term tests back. Mwahahaha! I pwned Kenny by 0.5 marks!! :D

Second lesson was INCG lab-session. Teamed up with Wan Xiang and Aaron to tackle the summarizing of an article comparing pre-rendered movie cutscenes and in-game animation.

Went to IIT canteen to eat lunch after that with Khai Ming, Kenny, Jia Hao, Sebastian and Shi Hui. Went to the printing shop with Khai Ming and Jia Hao after that. Ugh, so freaking troublesome to just print some freaking WDS proposal. =.=

Thanks to Jia Hao for lending me some money so I can pay for printing my WDS tutorial. :D Thanks to Khai Ming for lending me his thumb drive so I can print my WDS tutorial (thanks to Jia Hao too, just that his thumb drive doesn't work for some weird reason :P). :D And thanks to Sebastian for helping me buy some A4-size printing paper at the bookshop for me. :D

Went to LT3 after that, because our course coordinator wanted to see us for some reason. I wasn't expecting any good. Indeed, no course coordinator would waste his time for an audience with you just to praise you, "Ah! Good job with your term tests! I'm very proud of you! Keep up the good work!!" Anyone who can find me a course coordinator like that, and I'll regard you as a God. Heck, I'll even worship you and join your religion.

First thing he talked about was our term tests results, as I kind of expected. Apparently we were supposed to be the smartest intake in Games & Entertainment Technology (probably due to 'O' level scores or something), and yet we broke the record for having the most failures for the first term test. I whispered to Kenny, who was sitting beside me, "Yay, we broke history." He lol'd.

And the course coordinator continues with his speech. By the end, I was feeling very guilty about my term test results, even though I didn't actually fail any of my term tests. I'm honestly surprised by how powerful words can be. Come to think of it, "words" is an anagram of "sword". o.O

He then talks about the course structure. I'm sooooo looking forward to Object-Oriented Game Programming and Game Math & Physics next semester. :P

I left, reflecting on what he said just now. I realize one thing: I have been taking things too easy so far, and this is seriously not the attitude I'm supposed to have. One thing for sure, I must be more hardworking from now on. I have to work hard from now on. Full power, let's go!

After that was CMATHS1 lecture, conveniently located in the lecture threatre just next door. XD The lecturer continued teaching sets. It's really kinda boring, since I learnt about sets in A. Maths two years ago. Oh well, what can I do? Jia Hao, who didn't take A. Maths, was getting very confused, and both Kenny and I spent time clearing his doubt, lol.

Oh, and I had fun with Kenny's graphical calculator. :3

Kenny - professional at tearing up his own CMATHS1 lecture notes.



PRSP lab session after that. Was supposed to hand up our assignment 1. The lecturer went around and look at students' code, ask them questions and rate them a score one-by-one, so we had to wait a very long time for our turn. A few of us started complaining, since we had put our codes inside a CD, the CD inside an envelope and sealed it up, just as they wanted, so the idea of having to unseal our envelopes just to have to reseal it later wasn't a nice one. Nevertheless, we had to do it, however unwittingly.

After unsealing, we went to reseal it, and Shi Hui and I immediately thought of the Japanese word for "seal": 封印 (fuuin). XD Reminds me of "Syaoran" in Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE. 右目の封印が解けて俺の心がお前から離れるまでに,俺のじゃないお前自身の心が產まれる事に。俺は賭けると。 XD I even thought of plucking my left eye out just to seal the envelope. o.O



Was watching the Diablo III gameplay trailer on Sebastian's computer (it was 568MB, holy shit) while waiting for my turn. My reaction: Holy shit!! I want to freaking buy it!!

Anyone who wants to play Diablo III as well, give me a heads up and we can play together. I think I want to play Barbarian. :3 Oh, and was pretty sweet that you can smash the pillar, the pillar collapses and kills the mobs for you. XD!

At long last, the lecturer comes to me. Out of my four programs, he only read the code of two, didn't bother compiling and running any programs, and asked me two questions so easy that I felt insulted my intelligence (especially since he said previously that he'd ask whoever next with an extremely difficult question. Hmmm, a challenge. Sounds interesting to me). Ugh. I don't know why, but I can't help but feel pissed off. All that trouble coding and programming and testing and debugging, and the lecturer doesn't even feel the need to give the program a trial run.

Went home with Aaron on bus 291. Hmmm, such a long time since we last took that bus... XD





Smithing level 75! :D

No comments: